The Wakeful Brain Complaint Thread

Comments

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Nah, I'll just try to deal with it.

FYI, headsup -- I noticed something happening at the store site (wishlist seems to bounce), so I think they're fixing or working on something right now. Don't panic.

I'm still a little tense after three days off

edited December 1969

8 minutes to the bus.
    spent almost half day packing stuff up to ship. and then doing the shipping paperwork.
    spent the other half of the day at rendo forums.
    and a half hour in the Commons.
    and a half hour at 3d.sk
    peeked at a couple of my wishlists
    it's sticky outside, might splurge on a taxi home from the bus stop. 90% probability.

remember Spaceballs? 'ludicrous speed'. full stop at ludicrous speed.
    remember Mom and Dad save the World?
    remember Howard the Duck? lol, they don't make 'em like that anymore.

Duck detective was my favourite ;)

edited December 1969

I wonder if I could build a "B" horror comic around a giant cicada eating a town?

I mean, I have a praying mantis, a spider, and a scorpion but those have all been done!

There's a cicada in the Daz Store calling my name... oh noes! :gulp:

*edit* Argh.. and now a pill bug! "Giant Cicada vs. MegaPillbug - Mutant Insect Deathmatch!" :ahhh:

There goes tomorrows 3D asset money, and it's not TVC related. Well, I'm getting the berry dragons, THOSE are for TVC (they'll be different pixie dragons. Pixie dragons are one of the most deadly things in Vickys world). :bug:

Giant ants in THEM are my favourites ;)

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    I wonder if I could build a "B" horror comic around a giant cicada eating a town?

I mean, I have a praying mantis, a spider, and a scorpion but those have all been done!

*edit* Argh.. and now a pill bug! "Giant Cicada vs. MegaPillbug - Mutant Insect Deathmatch!" :ahhh:

There goes tomorrows 3D asset money, and it's not TVC related. Well, I'm getting the berry dragons, THOSE are for TVC (they'll be different pixie dragons. Pixie dragons are one of the most deadly things in Vickys world). :bug:

THEM was a lot of fun, I liked it! But I love B monster movies.. I can't wait to make a bunch of fake B movie posters! :vampire:

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,105
    edited December 1969

I was sent home after an hour of work. Guess I was not needed afterwards. I did two useful things already. I put a little gas in my car so it will not be completely empty and I picked up my medicine that I got refilled today.

I did not see Micah right away when I got home. I saw Melody and Kitten. I waited a while and then checked in the bedroom. I saw Micah laying on a box. I picked him up and carried him to my computer desk. I held him until he decided that he had enough.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

there is a new weight mapped female figure at sharecg. mentioned at the rendo forums :)

http://www.sharecg.com/v/63834/browse/11/Poser/KEZ-WM

kez.png
    600 x 463 - 242K
    edited December 1969

I was sent home after an hour of work. Guess I was not needed afterwards. I did two useful things already. I put a little gas in my car so it will not be completely empty and I picked up my medicine that I got refilled today.

I did not see Micah right away when I got home. I saw Melody and Kitten. I waited a while and then checked in the bedroom. I saw Micah laying on a box. I picked him up and carried him to my computer desk. I held him until he decided that he had enough.

if you use one of your free movie tickets, you could ask if they'll let you fill out a job application while your there? even if they don't have a help wanted sign. you never know til you try

edited December 1969

New character for M4 as well, things are looking up for Poserizers http://www.daz3d.com/shop/jaime-character-and-hair/

edited December 1969

*hugs*

edited August 2012

i'm watching Lexx ep 2 again. the moth took off, stranding jiggerotta. the moth, like, giggles. it's cute.

the voice of the Lexx is sexi, yah?

yah reminds me of Wakka from FFX. i haven't played blitz ball in quite a while.

ohmegawd, i just remembered there is ice cream cake in the freezer. yayyyy

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Skiriki said:
    Nah, I'll just try to deal with it.

FYI, headsup -- I noticed something happening at the store site (wishlist seems to bounce), so I think they're fixing or working on something right now. Don't panic.

I'm still a little tense after three days off

berry dragons are still there in my wishlist, phishwhoo

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    New character for M4 as well, things are looking up for Poserizers http://www.daz3d.com/shop/jaime-character-and-hair/

I guess someday I'll have to upgrade to PPro 2012.. sigh.

Depressing thing of the day: cleaning out all the non-Poser compatible stuff in your Daz install directory.. and still ending up with 2700+ files to install! :ahhh: Months and months of work! :gulp: Well, I'll start with the Gen3 people, then the Gen4 people, then hair, then creatures, and methodically go through and install each category until it's all gone! :coolsmile:

I do have a TON of unsweetened tea mix, lemon juice, and lime juice.. I should be set. Won't need to go out at night for ages. Meh.

Thankfully most of what I need for TVC I got from RDNA and Rendo, and all THAT content is installed! :-)

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

That is absolutely stupid. One hour will barely pay your car expenses to and from work for that one hour. It's a poor management practice and should be outlawed.

You definitely need to find another job to supplement or replace that one.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

if you use one of your free movie tickets, you could ask if they'll let you fill out a job application while your there? even if they don't have a help wanted sign. you never know til you try

That's right, Misty. All 3 of my children worked at movie theaters. Of course, now they hate theater popcorn and won't eat it. LOL

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:

That's right, Misty. All 3 of my children worked at movie theaters. Of course, now they hate theater popcorn and won't eat it. LOL

it has it's perks. free movies. hanging in a/c all day. :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    8 minutes to the bus.
    spent almost half day packing stuff up to ship. and then doing the shipping paperwork.
    spent the other half of the day at rendo forums.
    and a half hour in the Commons.
    and a half hour at 3d.sk
    peeked at a couple of my wishlists
    it's sticky outside, might splurge on a taxi home from the bus stop. 90% probability.

remember Spaceballs? 'ludicrous speed'. full stop at ludicrous speed.
    remember Mom and Dad save the World?
    remember Howard the Duck? lol, they don't make 'em like that anymore.

Duck detective was my favourite ;)
    there was a disco duck, bet no one remembers disco duck.

edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

Rezca, do you live in a group home or work at a group home?

edited December 1969

Melody is meowing and meowing and meowing. she is trying to get my attention.

edited August 2012

Looks great, might render something if there is any energy left after a swim this afternoon :) (poser render)

PS http://www.daz3d.com/shop/jaime-character-and-hair/

jaimeSml.jpg
    800 x 634 - 37K
    Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

Melody is meowing and meowing and meowing. she is trying to get my attention.

Aw :)

edited December 1969

Lazy day, going swimming, haz no complaints. Well, it is a bit chilly outside, but the pool is indoor and heated :)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited December 1969

...include AntFarm's Bog Flea, a giant moth from Noggin's Ultimate Butterfly Collection, a giant Noggin's Dragonfly, and the Stag Beetle and your ready for an insectoid throwdown that would make Toho studios proud. I think there even may be a Ginza inspired set on Rendo.
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

THEM was a lot of fun, I liked it! But I love B monster movies.. I can't wait to make a bunch of fake B movie posters! :vampire:
    ...did one for a B-Movie themed challenge a while back titled Curse of the Vampire Butterfly Women

edited August 2012

Heh Curse of the Vampire Butterfly Women poster is wonderfully B movie :)

Post edited by ps1borg on
  • RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited December 1969

http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Subterranean_Animism/Story/Marisa_and_Alice's_Scenario
    Hurr hurr hurr, I'd say Marisa was breaking the fourth wall, but the Touhou series isn't an RPG so it's likely just her being unusual and energetic again XD
    Marisa: How many floors to go until we're underground?
    Alice: There aren't any "floors" in a cave.
    Marisa: Really? I thought places like dungeons
    always had floors.
    (A few comments later...)
    Marisa: Hey, didn't we just
    bump into you before?
    That means you're the boss of the dungeon, right?
    Alice: Yes... she's the boss. (Is not amused apparently)
    (Much later...)
    Yuugi: A geyser, huh?
    That's odd, I have no idea about that either...
    You should probably go to the Palace of the Earth Spirits. They might know something up there.
    Marisa: Hey, you're finally acting like a townsperson. (Harr harr Marisa.)
    And other stuff: "Hey, so I guess this place isn't
    the last dungeon? "
    And so on. Marisa is a bit of a nut, so I'm not all too surprised she treated this as a game (The crisis I mean.)
    But my favorite lines:
    Marisa: Whew...
    This is so hot. So hot I could die!
    Alice: Are the dolls okay?
    Marisa: Yeah, but it's so hot I wouldn't be surprised if they burned up.
    Alice: I think the dolls themselves will be fine,
    but it would be bad if the gunpowder inside caught fire.
    Marisa: Why the hell did you stuff gunpowder in 'em?!

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

...include AntFarm's Bog Flea, a giant moth from Noggin's Ultimate Butterfly Collection, a giant Noggin's Dragonfly, and the Stag Beetle and your ready for an insectoid throwdown that would make Toho studios proud.

I think there even may be a Ginza inspired set on Rendo.

Argh I don't have the Bog Flea.. I do have the dragonfly, the Stag Beetle, and the butterflies. The Bog Flea just went into my wishlist!!

Maybe a second Webcomic that's based on B movies.. hmm.. a short "one issue" thing per "movie". Hmmmm...

*evil grin* :coolgrin:

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Heh Curse of the Vampire Butterfly Women poster is wonderfully B movie :)

You do realize that's a challenge, right? :vampire:

edited December 1969

Rezca said:

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! :gulp:

THANK YOU!!!! I can find a use for both right away!!!!

You can NEVER have tpo many tentacles or hungry vegetation! :snake:

This discussion has been closed.