The Wakeful Brain Complaint Thread

Comments

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited August 2012

Oh that's right, there have been controversies about using apricot kernels as medicine sometimes. I like yellowy orange fruit, mangoes are pretty cool :) eta oh noes decontextualized post, I already posted a pic before ;)

Post edited by ps1borg on
  • RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited December 1969

"Sculpting and retopo of a Tree with CINEMA 4D R14 "
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOqfYMUEQso
    Still wish it wasn't just Studio that had it.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

REVELEEEEE F-Troop style

8:02 in the AM

my groceries deliver 12 - 2:00. i didn't order potatoes.

unreveleeee - agarn stop blowing the bugle
    sleepy couple more hours - zonkss

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

bicycle drop

Ethel2Bike1_05_008SML.jpg
    800 x 500 - 71K
    edited December 1969

lol, nice touch with the pigeons :)

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

REVELEEEEE F-Troop style

8:02 in the AM

my groceries deliver 12 - 2:00. i didn't order potatoes.

unreveleeee - agarn stop blowing the bugle
    sleepy couple more hours - zonkss

Blech, slept until 10:00am today - now pouring coffeeeee down my throat. Need to wake up, hit the UPS store, eat lunch, hit Walmart to put money on my money card, then go grocery shop and come home! Much to do, much to do.

My backup drive should be ready tomorrow, yaay! Just in time, too.. dang compy is acting flaky. Sigh. 6 more days until I order Scylla!

Sage sausage almost done - yum! Should get me moving today!

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    bicycle drop

Nice! He'd better watch the birds for a dive-bomb attack!!!

I saw that Alfred Hitchcock movie, I know what birds can be like! :bug:

edited August 2012

It's a lovely day - warm and sunny - got woken up by the amazingly cheerful warbling of a mockingbird, s/he was happier than heck! Tweet, warble, chirp, warbleeeeeeee...! Right outside my window, but not really annoying - it was nice. Beats an alarm clock.

But it's not a COMPLAINT THREAD without a COMPLAINT, now is it? So, in the spirit of things.. today's COMPLAINT!!!

*Start rant mode*

Why can't there be ONE SINGLE 3D PACKAGE that DOES IT ALL? I love DS 4.5 for it's ease of posing and stability but for landscapes/environments/effects it's horrible! PPro has great dynamic cloth and hair but is a bit unstable on my system AND isn't good for effects, either! Carrara has good effects, landscapes and environments but posing in it is like pulling teeth out of a rabid badger and its CMS is hideous! I need someone to write DAZPOSER CARRARA!!! Then I could stop whining about having to have 8 apps installed (and having to LEARN all 8) and actually get some work done! Dag nab software developers get to work on it!!!

Blender has decent effects but he UI still blows and it's horrible for landscapes. Vue is overpriced and doesn't handle Poser content easily. Cinema4D looks great but it's so expensive it's almost impossible to justify for a hobby! Houdini might be able to do it all but there's a 20 year learning curve! And Maya.. don't get me started! /just don't!

ARGH FEH AAIIEEE!!! :ahhh:

*End rant mode*

*edit* Off to ship some stuff, then Walmart, then groceries and HOME! I'm working n a giant slug attacking a diesel plant, once I get a decent ground plane I'll post it! GO GO GIANT SLUG GOOOO!!! :snake:

Post edited by Woolyloach on
    edited August 2012

World Machine and Terragen. <--- This. FOrmer is cheaper and is THE BEST at errosion (Beating even Vue) but doesn't do instancing very well if at all. Terragen is a bit more expensive but from what I can tell can do forests and stuff. <br /> .
    Prime is a good entry point to Cinema, and upgrading it when possible. There is also their annual MSA which knocks Studio down to something around $700, but I don't really know how it works so I never bothered with it.

Post edited by Rezca on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,105
    edited December 1969

I was told there was a phone number for a pet shelter in this thread but I cannot find it while on the kindle.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909
    edited December 1969

I don't personally like shelters. They like to say one thing and do the opposite.

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    I don't personally like shelters. They like to say one thing and do the opposite.

I do not know what to do. I lost my time machine so I cannot go to the past and fix the problem of the eviction and now it is a little too late to stop it.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

I was told there was a phone number for a pet shelter in this thread but I cannot find it while on the kindle.

Ah sorry, my bad; I had confused threads.

It is here, repeated now for your ease:

Did some checking. If no one shows up for the cats, contact the Angels of Assisi at 540-400-2233. They are a no-kill animal shelter and will take good care of them until homes can be found.

edited August 2012

ahhh patience. haz to wait til siggraph if the new Reality3 will make the Luxrender understand strand hair.
    wahh, wantz pathtracing inside poser.

my groceries came. what to eat first? i forgot to order bbq sauce, dang it.

jiggerotta, "too salty, rowrrr, - jiggerotta not want think meat in bowls."

my virtual boyfriend, hugh

hugh-jackman.jpg
    320 x 240 - 26K
    Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

Ah sorry, my bad; I had confused threads.

It is here, repeated now for your ease:

Did some checking. If no one shows up for the cats, contact the Angels of Assisi at 540-400-2233. They are a no-kill animal shelter and will take good care of them until homes can be found.

I called that number but it turned out to be for someone named Lisa.

edited December 1969

is it true that drowning is not a humane way to kill an animal? it looks like I have no where for the cats to go. they either have to be let loose or be killed.

edited December 1969

is it true that drowning is not a humane way to kill an animal? it looks like I have no where for the cats to go. they either have to be let loose or be killed.

Drowning a cat is an extremely cruel way to end a life. You should not resort to it.

Try again. Here's their website: http://www.angelsofassisi.org/info/contact

It seems you called their media contact number. Try this one instead: (540) 344-8707

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

Drowning a cat is an extremely cruel way to end a life. You should not resort to it.

Try again. Here's their website: http://www.angelsofassisi.org/info/contact

It seems you called their media contact number. Try this one instead: (540) 344-8707

There is a major problem with that place. I looked at their address and it is at least three hours away. That would be six hours of driving. It is in Roanoke. I am in the Richmond area.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909
    edited December 1969

Call your local pet store. They should be able to tell you all the good areas in the area.

edited December 1969

And call them as well, because they may know people in your area as well.

edited December 1969

Dang it's hot! 98F and still getting hotter.. a rotten day to run around outside. Thankfully I had lots of cold water, and bought me a new cowboy hat that's white straw with a wide brim.. you have to make your own shade around here..!

All errands done! Shipped package, loaded money on my debit card, got groceries, now I can stay home and (literally) chill! :coolsmile: I need to find a decent ground prop, I swear, this would be easier in Carrara or PPro if it were on a faster machine.

Tonight I'm going to watch "Zombie Strippers", for two bucks a 3-day rental you can't go wrong!!! :vampire: then maybe a lassic Dracula flick.. hmm. Too bad popcorn is so high carb, sigh.

Back to seeing if I have a decent ground prop I can use...

edited December 1969

Miss Bad Wolf, I have sent requests to my contacts if they know people who can take in kittehs either permanently or on temporary basis. Please keep calling to pet shops and vets of your area for further information of places that can rehome them. I will try to find out if any of my friends know right people, but don't count on it.

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Call your local pet store. They should be able to tell you all the good areas in the area.

still no luck

edited December 1969

It was over 100 yesterday in Ukiah valley. Thankfully I have a pool in the backyard. Well more of a jukzzi thingie however they're spelled, but it was nice and cool. :3
    It's very cloudy today, supposed to rain too (lolwut?). I wasn't in the pool as long this time, of course.

edited December 1969

I do not know what to do. there is no point in living and there is no point in dying. I cannot kill myself and i do not know how to keep living.

edited December 1969

I feel like that almost all the time, it hasn't stopped me from moving on. Of course I have my plush toys to help me, and most of what holds me down isn't something I can talk to people about so.. .^_^

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    It was over 100 yesterday in Ukiah valley. Thankfully I have a pool in the backyard. Well more of a jukzzi thingie however they're spelled, but it was nice and cool. :3
    It's very cloudy today, supposed to rain too (lolwut?). I wasn't in the pool as long this time, of course.

Niiiicceeee! :coolsmile: No pool here, closest public pool is 10 miles off. I could get a wading pool, but I'd end up redder than a lobster and twice as cooked! :bug:

Not a cloud in the sky, here. Argh.

*starts backup of Drive D: to new external HD*

edited December 1969

I put Micah outside but he came inside before I closed the door.

edited December 1969

http://forum.vrayforc4d.com/showthread.php?t=9980
    Coool, I like this guy's version of it - SSS, DoF, and BOKEH :D

Dragon-stefan001-12minrender.jpg
    800 x 800 - 192K
    edited December 1969

I put Micah outside but he came inside before I closed the door.

Please keep calling, don't do this. You have time until Monday, right?

This discussion has been closed.