The Wakeful Brain Complaint Thread

Comments

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited August 2012

too tired to cook anything. too tired to install sr3. my shefreak2 doesn't have a thing to wear, poor gal

I got this weird form to fill in when I tried to download the SR and gave up 'cos wasn't sure what it all meant, hopefully that is fixed by now :)

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    I am at my mum's. She has an old Dp computer my stepfather wants me to see why Internet is not working. I cannot Stat ie or firefox. Also when I go to network controls I see two lan up and running. I cannot disable either. He wants to barrow my desktop while I am visiting but I do not feel comfotlrtable having anyone else use my computer.

What Sariki said, Safe Mode will be your friend :)

Tried safe mode without able to disable either extra lan.

I want my own place to live. I want a job. Right now I am visiting my mum. It can be so stressful. My stepfather keeps making big issues out of little things. Argh

Good luck with it all :)

edited December 1969

Lunch came, L8R ;)

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Sure... Wooly, sure. In the mean time here's my stuff for today.

Had a treatment this morning. Just a little fuzzy in the head.
    Had a no good member of the family try to borrow money, shot them down.
    Not enough people posting to hit my next Member level with out Padding my post count.
    Very very bored, just so darn BLAH today.
    To much exercise today, running on empty now.

All in all not a bad day so far, just not a great one either.

Get refueld, man. There's still hours to go before bedtime.

I'm out of cigarettes and have to make a run to the corner. Why didn't I go before dark? Oh, yeah...I was waiting for pages to load on the slow, slow, slow computer.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    too tired to cook anything. too tired to install sr3. my shefreak2 doesn't have a thing to wear, poor gal

I got this weird form to fill in when I tried to download the SR and gave up 'cos wasn't sure what it all meant, hopefully that is fixed by now :)

the d/l button redirects to something called fastsprinsomething com

FF flipped out over it, i had to switch to IE. i didn't want to give a strange website my personal info so i wrote silly stuff in the form

edited December 1969

ultra kewl hover vehicle render
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2343467&user_id=504968&favorite;&np;
    found somethin to spend my allowance on, i want one in real life
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/world-globe/93946

late night Tuesdays :lol:
    gonna play with my tarot deck a bit. watch a bit of jeff dunham with peanut
    sleepy. zonkz

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited August 2012

@Wooly: Drawn and shaded in photoshop, background wallpaper was Filter Forge.

Post edited by Rezca on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930
    edited December 1969

...meh, another lousy day at the workplace. Seems Monday the 13th overlapped into Tuesday the 14th.

Computer froze up at the worst possible time of the day. Had to do a hard shutdown (as the keyboard was locked out), reboot the system and then restart all the utilities and processes. Took nearly fifteen minutes during the busiest part of the day to get everything up and running again. Also ended up having to stay late and bail out my old department as they had only about 7% of the days orders shipped at 4:30PM.

So, really tried, hot, and frustrated as my accounting duties have been forced to take a back seat and I am falling behind.

Small irritations are becoming big irritations as everything feels like it's piling up, not good.

Was supposed to be only in the low 80s today, still nearly hit 90. So not looking forward to the next couple days as it is only going to get hotter.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Monty Python Quote: Live is a peace of SHI# when you really look at it. Look on the bright side of life.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

HAHAHAHA TAKE THAT BACTERIA. TAKE THAT HARD. SCIENCE PWNS YA.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

the d/l button redirects to something called fastsprinsomething com

FF flipped out over it, i had to switch to IE. i didn't want to give a strange website my personal info so i wrote silly stuff in the form

Yay fixed and fixed

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    The sun came out :) Chicken wings in a box for lunch today, I'll sit in the sun and eat them :)

Now that sounds like a plan for dinner tonight.

edited December 1969

thunder boomers and litening crackls

shoulda stayed home today - booommm crackl crackl

edited December 1969

Heheh I got a kick out of this comment.

hahaha.jpg
    581 x 245 - 38K
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Heheh I got a kick out of this comment.

Heh :)

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    @Wooly: Drawn and shaded in photoshop, background wallpaper was Filter Forge.

Dang, I'm impressed! I've seen some interesting work done in ust Photoshop.... very cool!! :grrr: :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

a friend gave me his 'friend's' short story. i was so excited at first.

it's pretty bad. nothing to do with sexi space pirates, am pretty sure i told him i was looking for sexi space pirates. it goes on & on about the character being a virgin.

i already told him it doesn't fit my theme. but, now he wants to know what i thought of it. dilemma, i don't want to hurt feelings.

edited December 1969

Wednesday, and some complaints!

- Slept maybe 2 hours last night, kept waking up for no known reason
    - Took blood glucose readings all night - perfectly fine
    - Eyes blurry today and reading glasses refusing to get clean
    - MAJOR crabbity mood :snake:
    - Tied, tired, tired, and oh yeah - tired
    - Need a vacation pretty badly, even if I just stay home and WRITE
    - It's hard to find magazines (print or eZines) that take unsolicited manuscripts
    - My damn Android tablet loses 4-5 minutes a WEEK in the clock app
    - My damn Android is crap for taking notes compared to pen and paper
    - My damn Android tablet s crap for reading eBooks
    - My damn Android tablet is crap - going to clean it off and sell it
    - Going to sell the Dell Dimension D610 for cheap to get rid of it
    - Going to replace the Asus this weekend with an i3 Lenovo
    - Going to eat cheap for a week
    - going to go outside, walk a bit away from the building and scream my lings out, just because
    - My one good shoe is coming apart and needs re-gluing, sigh, glue run on the way home tonight

Meh.

edited December 1969

it's pretty bad. nothing to do with sexi space pirates, am pretty sure i told him i was looking for sexi space pirates. it goes on & on about the character being a virgin.

i already told him it doesn't fit my theme. but, now he wants to know what i thought of it. dilemma, i don't want to hurt feelings.

That's a tough one. It's going to be impossible to provide a reasonable critique without stepping on toes a bit, and if they're too sensitive then yep - it'll just tick them off.

You can try being diplomatic and say that it doesn't really match what you're looking for and are used to reading and suggest they find someone else to get to read it - passing the buck is a great technique. :-S

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

"It is a decent start, but it needs editing, especially bits A, B and C, for reasons D, E and F. I needed themes X, Y and Z, and this is kind of not there. Editing-feedback-rewriting is a part of good writing, so if you want to hear more details what needs to be tweaked, I'm game." (If you are.)

edited December 1969

Going to be off work for two weeks as the group is going camping. Two weeks spent with the cigarette smoking, potato chip munching, whining, overweight, single-digit IQ MORON that lives down in my home in Ukiah. My brother will be there too, but I'm less concerned about that. I'll probably have to bring my cat down with me... Hm,...

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Going to be off work for two weeks as the group is going camping. Two weeks spent with the cigarette smoking, potato chip munching, whining, overweight, single-digit IQ MORON that lives down in my home in Ukiah. My brother will be there too, but I'm less concerned about that. I'll probably have to bring my cat down with me... Hm,...

that sounds as exciting and pleasant as an ice-water enema given by a rabid orangutan. :ohh:

edited December 1969

Non-complaint: apparently September 3rd. is a day off for Labor Day, so I managed to blackmail erm CONVINCE my boss into letting me take the whole week off for vacation! :-) :coolsmile: Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! %-P :snake:

Nine days at home! I'm going to BBQ, sleep, write, render, and generally GOOF OFF! :P

I'll probably take one day to go out wandering downtown, and maybe one day to hit the Riverwalk in San Antonio - if my foot is up for it, anyway.

Not long now! Oh boy oh boy oh boy!!!

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,104
    edited December 1969

In the story I am working on the heroine is pregnant by a friend and was engaged to another man. She cannot be a virgin since she has an unplanned pregnancy.

edited December 1969

suggest they find someone else to get to read it - passing the buck is a great technique. :-S

so brilliant in it's simplicity. yoo is brilliant! :lol:

And I shouldn't feel bad about it, cuz he tricked me into reading it - letting me assume it was space pirates.

sigh. i was soo excited. put a p-touch label on a letter tray and everything "In - slush".
    i should order a bigger shredder, in case another story comes in.

edited December 1969

suggest they find someone else to get to read it - passing the buck is a great technique. :-S

so brilliant in it's simplicity. yoo is brilliant! :lol:

And I shouldn't feel bad about it, cuz he tricked me into reading it - letting me assume it was space pirates.

sigh. i was soo excited. put a p-touch label on a letter tray and everything "In - slush".
    i should order a bigger shredder, in case another story comes in.

You can never go wrong with a big shredder! :snake:

Being a Writer(tm) myself, I've on occasion in my less-educated days had my manuscripts kicked from person to person until I finally figured out it sucked! :-S Now I'd rather just get a rejection form letter so I can move on. heh.

Space pirates... hmm.Might make a good flash fiction topic!

Sleepy now, post-punch post-tea slump. Code.. making.. me... snzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

edited December 1969

Morning. Cool under a grey sky that's looking a little ragged with patches of shiny blue pokin' through the clouds - wonder if that is a harbinger or something, less than 20 sleeps until spring :)

edited December 1969

I need to write and let my kindle charge.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Morning. Cool under a grey sky that's looking a little ragged with patches of shiny blue pokin' through the clouds - wonder if that is a harbinger or something, less than 20 sleeps until spring :)

I thought it is summer.

edited December 1969

My stepfather is complaining about cookies on his computer.

This discussion has been closed.