The Wakeful Brain Complaint Thread

Comments

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

My stepfather is complaining about cookies on his computer.

...actual cookies, or those you get by browsing?

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Morning. Cool under a grey sky that's looking a little ragged with patches of shiny blue pokin' through the clouds - wonder if that is a harbinger or something, less than 20 sleeps until spring :)

I thought it is summer.

Can only dream of summer, we are upside downunder so your summer is our winter ;)

edited December 1969

Off to work nao, L8R :)

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited December 1969

Been playing Heroes of Might & Magic again. Think I might put the windows one on the shelf for a while and try the DOS one. The second game. Things were a lot different back then (And apparently, not much time passed in-world between the two games. Just like not much time passed between Warcraft 2 and 3 in their world, but a decade passed in ours XD)

One thing I never understood is how the heck can a Basilisk's gaze turn a Stone Golem to stone? DX
    'Course I always figured it wasn't true stone like granite or whatnot, but an organic substance resembling stone in appearance and structure.

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Home and cooking. Cleaning a lot of stuff off my 2 macines that has nothing to do with writing, freeing up a TON of space. Grabbing some music from Amazon to listen to whilst writing, or working on anime. Oh...

..installing Anime Studio Pro. Time to sit down with the Wacom tablet and see if I can get my now-ancient drawing chops back. For no reason at ALL exceot as a challengng hobby! I blame Rezca (lol) and the amizing things she can do with Photoshop!!!

Eat (beef and veggies in Chinesw crushed red pepper and chili oil), watch "Nacho Libre", then bedtime! Tomorrow is more work on THE PLAN - I need to find small magazines and eZines that accept unsolicited manuscripts. Work work work! :coolsmile:

Everyone have a great day/evening/night!

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

can't decide which is my favorite tarot deck. both are pretty. tarot art nouveau has 4 languages on it. like pentacles, deniers, munzen, oros.
    tarot of the old path artwork leans towards female energies.

... never tried rendering anything art nouveau-y. i can usually recognize it when i see it, but to make it from scratch? huhh scr'ch

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

cookies! chewie chocolate chips?

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

mental picture of the 7 dwarfs singing "hi ho whistle whilst we work" :lol:

edited December 1969

Turkey sandwiches with cranberry sauce for lunch - wow taste sensation. Apparently there is to be a violent storm, the sky is dark and wind is picking up - might go home early, everyone else seems to be planning to do that ;)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

mental picture of the 7 dwarfs singing "hi ho whistle whilst we work" :lol:

Gets a little Disney-ish around the office from time to time :)

edited December 1969

Home and cooking. Cleaning a lot of stuff off my 2 macines that has nothing to do with writing, freeing up a TON of space. Grabbing some music from Amazon to listen to whilst writing, or working on anime. Oh...

..installing Anime Studio Pro. Time to sit down with the Wacom tablet and see if I can get my now-ancient drawing chops back. For no reason at ALL exceot as a challengng hobby! I blame Rezca (lol) and the amizing things she can do with Photoshop!!!

Eat (beef and veggies in Chinesw crushed red pepper and chili oil), watch "Nacho Libre", then bedtime! Tomorrow is more work on THE PLAN - I need to find small magazines and eZines that accept unsolicited manuscripts. Work work work! :coolsmile:

Friends from our local writer's guild have a large grant to establish an e-commerce platform for people to sell e-books without brokerage fees, I'll let you know how it all turns out.

edited August 2012

Skiriki said:

*wants cooky noms* :)

Post edited by ps1borg on
  • atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Wednesday, and some complaints!

- Slept maybe 2 hours last night, kept waking up for no known reason
    - Took blood glucose readings all night - perfectly fine
    - Eyes blurry today and reading glasses refusing to get clean
    - MAJOR crabbity mood :snake:
    - Tied, tired, tired, and oh yeah - tired
    - Need a vacation pretty badly, even if I just stay home and WRITE
    - It's hard to find magazines (print or eZines) that take unsolicited manuscripts
    - My damn Android tablet loses 4-5 minutes a WEEK in the clock app
    - My damn Android is crap for taking notes compared to pen and paper
    - My damn Android tablet s crap for reading eBooks
    - My damn Android tablet is crap - going to clean it off and sell it
    - Going to sell the Dell Dimension D610 for cheap to get rid of it
    - Going to replace the Asus this weekend with an i3 Lenovo
    - Going to eat cheap for a week
    - going to go outside, walk a bit away from the building and scream my lings out, just because
    - My one good shoe is coming apart and needs re-gluing, sigh, glue run on the way home tonight

Meh.

Oh, crap! I thought this was Tuesday. Now I've got to get the garbage put out tonight. Yuck!

edited December 1969

Thursday arvo here ;)

edited August 2012

Happiness... Well I know it varies from person to person, and it certainly can be fleeting, but I've got a list of things right here that, when combined, have made me feeling very happy inside.
    -Just woke up from a much needed sleep.
    -Stopped by Home Depot and picked up a bag of fertilized soil and some "plant food" for my Dragon Tree with some spare change (Really cheap! :D )
    -Got a lot of art-type stuff done.
    -First time drawing something feathered, in this case a gryphon, and was surprisingly proud of the outcome. I still think the wings are juuust a bit small, but the person I made the picture for loved it.
    -Currently reclining in bed, head propped up against several fluffy pillows and my plush Leviathan puppet. Snuggled up beside me is a purple trex puppet with golden eyes and my Folkmanis Wyvern, and opposite of that my Papo Spinosaurus plastic figure. A fairly good cuddler, despite being made out of hard plastic XD
    *sigh* So yeah, a lot of stuff there was very simplistic, but I'm happy and that's all that I need to know <3</p>

Post edited by Rezca on
    edited August 2012

Rezca said:
    Happiness... Well I know it varies from person to person, and it certainly can be fleeting, but I've got a list of things right here that, when combined, have made me feeling very happy inside.
    -Just woke up from a much needed sleep.
    -Stopped by Home Depot and picked up a bag of fertilized soil and some "plant food" for my Dragon Tree with some spare change (Really cheap! :D )
    -Got a lot of art-type stuff done.
    -First time drawing something feathered, in this case a gryphon, and was surprisingly proud of the outcome. I still think the wings are juuust a bit small, but the person I made the picture for loved it.
    -Currently reclining in bed, head propped up against several fluffy pillows and my plush Leviathan puppet. Snuggled up beside me is a purple trex puppet with golden eyes and my Folkmanis Wyvern, and opposite of that my Papo Spinosaurus plastic figure. A fairly good cuddler, despite being made out of hard plastic XD
    *sigh* So yeah, a lot of stuff there was very simplistic, but I'm happy and that's all that I need to know <3</div>

Hey great, good to hear :)

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited August 2012

Without shoes, I weigh about 140lbs. I don't know if that's good or bad.

*Edit* Actually a bit closer to 142 ~ 145 lbs.

Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Friends from our local writer's guild have a large grant to establish an e-commerce platform for people to sell e-books without brokerage fees, I'll let you know how it all turns out.

That's a cool idea - right now, I'm targeting Kindle Nook, and then Smashwords (distributor). I want to get a few short stories/flash fiction pieces published either in eZines or on dead trees, then work from there into selling collections of my works and novella-length series on Amazon/Barnes and Noble/Smashwords. It's all part of my PLAN.

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    Wednesday, and some complaints!

- Slept maybe 2 hours last night, kept waking up for no known reason
    - Took blood glucose readings all night - perfectly fine
    - Eyes blurry today and reading glasses refusing to get clean
    - MAJOR crabbity mood :snake:
    - Tied, tired, tired, and oh yeah - tired
    - Need a vacation pretty badly, even if I just stay home and WRITE
    - It's hard to find magazines (print or eZines) that take unsolicited manuscripts
    - My damn Android tablet loses 4-5 minutes a WEEK in the clock app
    - My damn Android is crap for taking notes compared to pen and paper
    - My damn Android tablet s crap for reading eBooks
    - My damn Android tablet is crap - going to clean it off and sell it
    - Going to sell the Dell Dimension D610 for cheap to get rid of it
    - Going to replace the Asus this weekend with an i3 Lenovo
    - Going to eat cheap for a week
    - going to go outside, walk a bit away from the building and scream my lings out, just because
    - My one good shoe is coming apart and needs re-gluing, sigh, glue run on the way home tonight

Meh.

Oh, crap! I thought this was Tuesday. Now I've got to get the garbage put out tonight. Yuck!

Blech - one of those necessary but terribly unexciting duties. :-S

edited December 1969

breakfast truck should be comin any minute, much needed gatorade ... thirst.

a co-worker brought a big basket of his home grown tomatoes and green beans. i picked up a bottle of balsamic vinaigrette on my way to the bus stop. dang, should a picked up a ball of mozzarella and some basil leaves.

gotta get my head back into dreamweaver space. and start learning them php pages.

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Without shoes, I weigh about 140lbs. I don't know if that's good or bad.

*Edit* Actually a bit closer to 142 ~ 145 lbs.

That seems perfectly reasonable to me. If you were 200+ I'd worry a bit, or under 110. Always go for the happy medium! :coolsmile:

210lbs here, six foot even. :snake:

edited December 1969

breakfast truck should be comin any minute, much needed gatorade ... thirst.

a co-worker brought a big basket of his home grown tomatoes and green beans. i picked up a bottle of balsamic vinaigrette on my way to the bus stop. dang, should a picked up a ball of mozzarella and some basil leaves.

gotta get my head back into dreamweaver space. and start learning them php pages.

Yum! Maters, basil, cheese, and vinaigrette! Now I'm hungry again! :bug:

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Non-Complaint day:

Woke up feeling great for a change, I'm going to try to enjoy it.
    I have all day to do anything I want, no commitments at all.
    Installing new content and playing with it is fun, organizing bites but must be done.
    As the first official DAZ3D Addict I'm going to try to get back into rendering more often.
    I got sit-coms on the TV for fun and giggles...
    Last but not least, I'm working on a beer buzz to get the day started.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Non-Complaint day:

Woke up feeling great for a change, I'm going to try to enjoy it.
    I have all day to do anything I want, no commitments at all.
    Installing new content and playing with it is fun, organizing bites but must be done.
    As the first official DAZ3D Addict I'm going to try to get back into rendering more often.
    I got sit-coms on the TV for fun and giggles...
    Last but not least, I'm working on a beer buzz to get the day started.

Very nice! Have a great day! :coolsmile:

edited August 2012

Sure Happy It's Thursday! :vampire: Well, more or less. It's a real mixed bag today!

- Payday, a short check but only 2 bills come out and they're small bills
    - Can't decide what hobby to take up to maintain sanity while writing
    - Need to sell Dell machine and Android tablet
    - Thinking about a Kindle - but - old tired eyes + small screen = same issue as Android tablet
    - Don't need a new laptop now, in fact the i5 is overkill for PS Elements and Anime Studio Pro
    - 7-11 near the office is closing, bye-bye non-office morning coffee
    - A 23in monitor would be nice but.. isn't going to make writing any easier or better
    - WILL buy exotic flowering teas from Amazon :coolsmile:
    - Maybe back to sculpting? I think my fingers and hands can handle working with Sculpey

While I had fun with 3D, it also frustrated the hell out of me because of the "work, wait, oops mistake, wor, wait, oops mistake" cycle involved in waiting for a render, and while the i5 s faster there's still a Long Wait - and I deal with that for 10 hours a day at work already! The LAST thing I want to do is come home to more of the same!!! :bug:

Drawing is good because there's n "render for 20 minutes" to see how it turned out. Sculpting has the same "instant feedback" effect, and if it weren't for my fingers solo guitar would be the PERFECT solution for me. It needs to be something I can come home, sit down and DO without a long setup process. Argh!

*rps off head, kicks it up and down between the cubes at work* :snake: :vampire:

*edit* 10 ISBNs are $250. That's something to spend some money on. Sigh, not like I'm going to write 10 books in the near future, but I suppose it's best to be prepared. I have 1 60% done, research on 2 more, barebones plots for 2 more in a series, and some vague concepts that might actually be either brain-farts or indigestion (or both).And I need to save up to hire a copyeditor and a cover artist for the dang things as well! Guess I'll help keep the economy in motion... :-S

Post edited by Woolyloach on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,104
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

Computer cookies. He is talking about his dos machine. I was told he has dos on it. He was saying his Internet was not working on that machine. Mum thinks I can fix it. My stepfather also says it is dial up and I have not had a computer that can do dial up in a long time.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,104
    edited December 1969

I think my stepfather hates dragons. He got upset I went to dragon cave on my mum's computer. I think he got upset that it said dragon not actual problems with the site.

I am also pretty sure he does not like urban fantasy and does not want me to read that type.

I do not get upset at him for liking westerns. I hats the double standards he has. He can and does wash his hands in the kitchen sink but I am not allowed to.

I had bite marks on my arms that have not healed yet. It takes time to heal. I am not Wolverine and I do not have his healing ability. My stepfather thinks that means bugs are still biting me. No it just means they have not healed yet.

edited December 1969

Maybe back to sculpting? I think my fingers and hands can handle working with Sculpey

*rps off head, kicks it up and down between the cubes at work* :snake: :vampire:

Sculpy? I used to work with that stuff. Lot's of fun, until you can not get it to dry properly. You have any tips for the drying process?

Pick your head back up and and put it back on. You'll need it to enjoy the up coming weekend.

I want my own .com but I'm too lame to build a good web site. Besides who would visit for my scattered stuff?
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Computer cookies. He is talking about his dos machine. I was told he has dos on it. He was saying his Internet was not working on that machine. Mum thinks I can fix it. My stepfather also says it is dial up and I have not had a computer that can do dial up in a long time.

SWEET MOTHER OF CELESTIA, IS YOUR FATHER LIVING IN THE JURASSIC ERA OR WHAT? :bug: :bug: :bug: :bug: :bug:

I knew that the dude in 2008 who was my co-worker and adamantly had the opinion of Windows 95 being the best thing ever was full of it, but whoa. WHOA.

edited December 1969

I had bite marks on my arms that have not healed yet. It takes time to heal. I am not Wolverine and I do not have his healing ability. My stepfather thinks that means bugs are still biting me. No it just means they have not healed yet.
    Unless you have CLEANED all items from your old place before they went to the new place you can carry eggs and the small mites from place to place with you. The mites will even ride on you, sometimes even the larger ones. We keep a tight watch on my trucker brother and always clean everything after every road trip. That includes spaying his truck when he gets home from a trip. They are hard to handle but it can be done. Clean everything, wash all cloth, take the hottest shower you can handle, spray every item that MIGHT have one or two mites on it, vehicles are a known place they will hide, SPRAY the crap out of it. We keep a very tight eye out but still have trouble from time to time due to all his over the road trips.
This discussion has been closed.