House of Barlow Ravenhaunt Hall [Commercial]

The ManagementThe Management Posts: 224
edited September 2014 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Hi Guys. Been working on this haunted mansion hall in my spare time and would like to get it released before October so people could use it for some nice Halloween pictures. It has lots of options in how the wall panels and hall layouts are set up. The modeling and color textures are mostly done. Need to do bump, spec and some normal maps and get everything running in DAZ and Poser. So lots of work to do still. I'd love to get your feedback. Thanks for looking!

0002-HOB_Layout02_03_occ00010008.jpg
500 x 650 - 178K
0002-HOB_Layout02_03_00010008.jpg
500 x 650 - 280K
0002-HOB_Layout02_03_00010009.jpg
500 x 650 - 284K
0002-HOB_Layout02_03_00010018.jpg
500 x 650 - 241K
0002-HOB_Layout02_03_rgb0023g.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 976K
Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

Looks nice and spooky! :)

• RiggswolfeRiggswolfe Posts: 899
    edited December 1969

It does look nice!

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

Looks good. I especially like the carved wood effect and the way the flooring looks.

• PhloxPhlox Posts: 95
    edited December 1969

Lots of great detailing and an authentically abandoned feeling. Excellent work so far.

• MorpheonMorpheon Posts: 738
    edited December 1969

Looks great. Looking forward to seeing it in the store.

• tonymousetonymouse Posts: 230
    edited December 1969

Wow, awesome, I will want it for sure ;)

• The ManagementThe Management Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

Thanks guys for the nice comments, it's been a while in the making of this. Here's 2 shots of some detail optional roof and floor sections.

Screen_Shot_2014-06-10_at_1.43_.55_AM_.jpg
    1495 x 1003 - 396K
    Screen_Shot_2014-06-12_at_3.57_.44_AM_.jpg
    1497 x 1026 - 359K
  • swordkensiaswordkensia Posts: 348
    edited December 1969

Will definately buy this when it comes out..

Excellent work.!!

S.K.

edited December 1969

Just want to give an update- The name has been changed to House of Barlow Ravenskull Court.

Something I must clarify- The staircase will be in an add on product that will come out soon after Ravenskull Court.
    This is because the court and stairs together is fairly large project it was always my intention to divide it in two, I just didn't know where the division was until it was further along. Sorry, I didn't mean to mislead anyone with the images I posted are a mix of the two.

The Court will include day shaders and night shaders for the windows (really happy about the night one! Nice and dark.)
    The wall pictures, wall lamps, and curtain wind movement turn on and off with dials.
    Newly added boards nailed on the doors to protect against the Zombie Apocalypse also work with dials too!

These images are the court and extension halls.
    Hope you guys like!

RavenCourt_v2_5.jpg
    1041 x 678 - 235K
    RavenCourt_v2_3.jpg
    1041 x 805 - 214K
    0002-HOB_lights_off6.jpg
    1045 x 850 - 138K
    0002-HOB_lights_off7.jpg
    1045 x 850 - 168K
    0002-HOB_lights_off4.jpg
    1041 x 980 - 191K
  • KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

You really have done a lovely job on the surfaces and I am very taken with the chandelier. I think the last render is especially good.

edited December 1969

Ravenskull has made it through PASS and will soon be available. It should be part of the PA sale.

TM_HOB-promo_1000x1300_3.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 456K
  • Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151
    edited December 1969

Great product, wonderful attention to ambience features!

• MuzeMuze Posts: 182
    edited December 1969

Very Nice! Great for Halloween renders.

• RiggswolfeRiggswolfe Posts: 899
    edited December 1969

This is looking awesome. If it is successful will you be making other add-ons? Like different rooms in the house or something or even something outside?

edited December 1969

Yes, there is an add on that is already nearly finished. So I hope it's successful!

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

This looks awesome. I hope it's out before Halloweenie!

• ModernWizardModernWizard Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

Oh, this is beautiful! I love all the cracked, chipped and boarded-up details. Do we have the options to hide the mess or make the house look more livable? It's so well done that it would be great to have that versatility.

Out of curiosity, what are the expansions you are working on?

edited December 1969

Yes, you can hide all the boards, pictures, curtains, lamps with dials. If the lights are on or it's a sunny scene the house looks rather nice with a bit a wear. Day and night textures for the windows.
    The add on. There is an earlier post about this. Some of the pictures posted are of the addon. Staircase, broken floor and hole in roof. Also some exterior walls and patio, vines and rubble. You can see a bit of it in this picture. :)

Screen_Shot_2014-09-02_at_3.36_.24_AM_.png
    1047 x 852 - 1M
  • SorelSorel Posts: 1,390
    edited December 1969

This will be nice for dark portrait work. Can't wait for this :D

• ModernWizardModernWizard Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

Itchy said:
    Yes, you can hide all the boards, pictures, curtains, lamps with dials. If the lights are on or it's a sunny scene the house looks rather nice with a bit a wear. Day and night textures for the windows.
    The add on. There is an earlier post about this. Some of the pictures posted are of the addon. Staircase, broken floor and hole in roof. Also some exterior walls and patio, vines and rubble. You can see a bit of it in this picture. :)

Thanks for answering my question -- this looks like a lovely set. I'm watching with anticipation.

--MW

edited December 1969

Ravenskull Court is now available in my store and on sale.
    Thanks for your interest!

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390
    edited December 1969

Got it. Now just need the expansion. :)

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Well, just got this and started playing around with it. Looks good so far; got a few queries, though.

How do I get renders in D|S looking anything at all like the promo pics? I'm not seeing any sunshine shadows when I add the SunLight set, and I can't use MoonLight or the IBLs because they're Poser-only.

The Layout 1 has three open archways with nothing in them. Are these for bits included in one of the expansions?

Are the Panel 5 wall sections supposed to be open in the bottom half, through the curtains? What's supposed to be through them, the outside or another expansion room or...?

edited December 1969

Let me try and answer as best I can.
    Looks best when changing the background to white. Poser lights never fully work in DS. Use raytrace shadows for the main distant light (sun) I had it set high 300-500.
    Render settings/ Advanced/Scripted 3Delight/Simple Occlusion- set Intensity scale to 200ish.
    Render settings/ Advanced/Standard- set Gamma a little higher (on my system)
    Probably other setting too but I'm new to DS.
    The walls were purposely left off on that layout to suggest you can set the camera further back and get a wider view.
    Any wall will fit there if you want to close it up.
    Anything can be on the other side of the doorways. The addon I'm working on will have some exterior walls and floor.
    Hope this helps.

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

This is a really fine interior. Good job!

edited December 1969

Itchy said:
    Use raytrace shadows for the main distant light (sun) I had it set high 300-500.
    Ahah! Okay, I never looked at the Sun light parameters, I didn't notice it loaded with the shadows turned off.

What about the Moon light, can the Sun light be easily tweaked to match whatever the Poser-only Moon light does, so I can use it in D|S?
    Render settings/ Advanced/Scripted 3Delight/Simple Occlusion- set Intensity scale to 200ish.

I hope you meant just "Intensity" — "Intensity Scale" isn't the same thing and blows out the entire render as if a WW2 searchlight was rolled up behind the camera.

And this is something else I've never looked at before. Have to do some experimenting to see just what these scripting options do. Faster renders, too; and now I'm beginning to see better results. Still getting almost no ambient, though, compared to what's in the promo pics — how are you getting that to come up? If I dial the sunlight intensity much higher, the direct light falling on the floor is washed out and way too bright.

edited December 1969

One more little snippet of Render Settings lore — if you switch to "Scripted 3Delight" then you have to set the Gamma value there as well, it doesn't carry over from the standard 3Delight settings. Now I get a much better render with that Simple Occlusion setup.

Is there anything documented about these Scripted 3Delight options? Nothing in the manual, nothing in the online help... I really don't know what I'm doing here, except when I tweak some things the render either gets better or doesn't. :-/

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

A quick use ... http://fav.me/d7zf8fh

edited December 1969

I've never read anything about DS render settings. I just interpolate what I have learned from other software.
    Sounds like you're going about it the right way. Tweak -render- tweak- render, if it goes bad- back up to previous setting...
    The moon should work just like the sun.
    Ambient vs. sun is really just a balancing act. Add to one , take away from the other. Or in the DS case where everything starts out as black, I found myself adding, adding , adding before I began pulling some settings back.

Love to see what you finally come up with though!

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

One more little snippet of Render Settings lore — if you switch to "Scripted 3Delight" then you have to set the Gamma value there as well, it doesn't carry over from the standard 3Delight settings. Now I get a much better render with that Simple Occlusion setup.

Is there anything documented about these Scripted 3Delight options? Nothing in the manual, nothing in the online help... I really don't know what I'm doing here, except when I tweak some things the render either gets better or doesn't. :-/

http://www.3delight.com/en/uploads/docs/3delight/3delight_43.html