Ds Creative- The Magazine for Daz Studio users!

Comments

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,372
    edited December 1969

nDelphi said:
    Yuck, it's one of those online magazine apps. Can't stand them, they give me headaches.

I feel the same way. Is a download option going to be offered?

They said if you go to the link provided and create a free account you can download a pdf. I haven't done so yet, but probably will soon to view it on my iPad.

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,853
    edited June 2014

Gogger said:
    nDelphi said:
    Yuck, it's one of those online magazine apps. Can't stand them, they give me headaches.

I feel the same way. Is a download option going to be offered?

They said if you go to the link provided and create a free account you can download a pdf. I haven't done so yet, but probably will soon to view it on my iPad.

I am logged-in to my account at ISSUU, I have had one for a long-time, but I don't see a download option.

OK, I see it now, it is under the Share button.

Post edited by nDelphi on
  • Design Anvil - Razor42Design Anvil - Razor42 Posts: 1,235
    edited December 1969

Congrats on the first Issue guys!

• DestinysGardenDestinysGarden Posts: 2,550
    edited December 1969

The mag looks great. Congrats to the team!

• Eva1Eva1 Posts: 1,249
    edited December 1969

This is a fantastic idea, and the magazine is great! I hope this will be a long term venture:)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,940
    edited June 2014

...umm, why is age one of the requirements to set up an account?

Wouldn't it be better to ask, "are you 18 or older"

Some of us are sensitive because of other tracking mechanisms on the Net that will use the information for targeting ads and emails.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

Some of us are sensitive because of other tracking mechanisms on the Net that will use the information for targeting ads and emails.

Does it really matter? Just enter anything. Ads on the Internet are never going away.

• FeralFeyFeralFey Posts: 3,923
    edited December 1969

I just read the mag. Looks really good. Congrats on the first issue. I look forward to seeing more.

• ForbiddenWhispersForbiddenWhispers Posts: 1,433
    edited December 1969

Congrats guys. :)

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,868
    edited December 1969

There is a download as PDF under share.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Congrats guys. Looks good.

• BeaBea Posts: 745
    edited December 1969

Congratulations. This is a great idea

• Cliff BowmanCliff Bowman Posts: 1,677
    edited December 1969

nDelphi said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

Does it really matter? Just enter anything. Ads on the Internet are never going away.

To some, yes - it does matter whether they lie or tell the truth, even on The Internet. Personally I'd applaud Kyoto Kid for not wanting to falsify information.

The magazine looks absolutely terrific - and I appreciate the .PDF version much more than the online only version. Best of luck with this!

Cheers,

Cliff

edited July 2014

To some, yes - it does matter whether they lie or tell the truth, even on The Internet. Personally I'd applaud Kyoto Kid for not wanting to falsify information.

Are you kidding me? In many places on the Internet I am either 70, 80, or 100 years old.

No one needs to know my vitals to sell me anything. We are in a culture where people have no sense of privacy. Let's face it, ISSUU is not these guys providing the magazine. In many places including Twitter, Facebook, etc., I never give my personal info, just my name, that's it. Hell, I don't even upload photos of myself. I have a Michael 3 face that has helped me pass all those places wanting a profile photo of me. LOL!

I only give my real address if I need to provide credit card info, or on a few places like here at DAZ 3D. That's all they are getting. :-) Paypal helps me hide my personal info in a lot of places I shop. All they get is my name and my Paypal email address. I know many of these places want my personal info to resell. I know their game. I refuse to play it. So please spare me the indignation.

My kid will be well armed when it comes time to be on the Internet, I'll make sure of that.

I learned how to navigate the Internet the hard way, I have been on here since 1994. Early on you even got a ton of junk mail in your real world mailbox if you were so foolish as to provide your personal info all over the place. I know a few people who suffered identity theft, and where were they duped for that info or had it stolen? (websites do get hacked for this type of data)

But anyway, yes the Magazine is well packed with tips, definitely a much better beast than most of the magazines that have come and gone in the Poserverse.

Post edited by nDelphi on
    edited July 2014

nDelphi said:
    So please spare me the indignation.

Huh? I think you read something in my post that I didn't type. You asked if it mattered - I thought I'd pop in and say to some that it does.

There's a whole raft of different opinions out there on almost every topic - I would no more condemn someone for trying to be honest than I would for someone trying to avoid meat, or for trying to buy "organic" or "free trade" or, well, whatever.

And there are others who have different opinions. FWIW I don't avoid meat - I relish it. Personal taste. As for "Organic" and "free trade" and so on well, they're a small factor in a balancing act that has "price" as a larger factor. For me, personally.

Cheers,

Cliff

PS thanks for pointing out the "Download" link under the "Share" button. Helps a lot - I don't like these online reader thingies much :D

Post edited by Cliff Bowman on
    edited December 1969

nDelphi said:

Huh? I think you read something in my post that I didn't type. You asked if it mattered - I thought I'd pop in and say to some that it does.

No problem Cliff,

A misunderstanding then. I am just trying to protect my privacy online. Sad that we are forced to lie on many sites in order to join them. But that's realty.

Peace.

PS thanks for pointing out the "Download" link under the "Share" button. Helps a lot - I don't like these online reader thingies much :D

Your welcomed, bit of a hide and seek on that one. I have been on ISSUU since 3D Art Direct was introduced but I have never been allowed to download a magazine I have read on there.

edited December 1969

nDelphi said:
    No problem Cliff,

A misunderstanding then. I am just trying to protect my privacy online. Sad that we are forced to lie on many sites in order to join them. But that's realty.

It's one of many sources of sadness in this world nowadays :( along with how easy miscommunication is on a "basic text" forum. Not enough nuance - no body language, or inflection. And those darned smileys don't count! ;)

Even if we include smileys, inflection, pictures - heck even animations, one of my favourite quotes is very telling when it mentions being "separated by a common language". It's a wonder we don't all go postal on each other every other day!

Not that I think the world has really gotten much worse - we just know about more of what's going on, for the most part. Stuff happens faster and spreads further - the good along with the bad.

Your welcomed, bit of a hide and seek on that one. I have been on ISSUU since 3D Art Direct was introduced but I have never been allowed to download a magazine I have read on there.

It's probably up to the source of the publication as to whether download is allowed or not - and I'm surely not alone in being glad that they have allowed it for this!

Cheers,

Cliff

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,749
    edited December 1969

Nicely done on the magazine and content. Congratulations to all involved in launching the first issue.

edited December 1969

Nicely done on the magazine and content. Congratulations to all involved in launching the first issue.

Thanks!
    There is always an "Artist Spotlight" page available for someone like you FB ;-)
  • ZelrothZelroth Posts: 910
    edited December 1969

Congrats on the first issue! I haven't really had time to do more than a quick scan of it, but am looking forward to giving it a good going over (or two or 3 or more).
    I also appreciate being able to download it, and I do appreciate being able to read it online as well. Each way has its upsides and down, thus I am thankful for the options.

• siocsioc Posts: 299
    edited December 1969

Congrats on the first issue!

Very good idea ! long life to that idea !

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,940
    edited December 1969

nDelphi said:
    nDelphi said:

No problem Cliff,

...same here which is why I don't even bother with social networks Like FB, Twit-ter, and Google(-).

It is worse for someone like myself, who is looking for work and registered on a number of "headhunter" sites that ask all sorts of pointed questions including age, SSN, mother's maiden name, dates one was in high school etc, (none of which I give away). I keep my resume very "basic" and don't even upload a picture on any personal profile I have with them due to ageism in hiring which is widespread these days.

Back to the initial comment that sparked this all, sites like Deviant Art, Rendo and here just ask one is over 18. I simply suggested changing the question and adding a check box.

• islandgurl31islandgurl31 Posts: 250
    edited July 2014

I am probably dense...lol...but i clicked on the share thingy and all i see is something that says Direct Link nothing about a download text :-(! Please tell me I am just blind...lol.

Thank you for making this as it will really help me a whole lot, plus I love reading!! This is a brilliant idea and I wish u all much success :-)!

EDIT: nm I figured it out...lol...I had to click on the share thingy then hover my mouse where it says from first page then go across till u find the one that says download :-).

So it will look like this:

From first page From Current Page Embed Download

Post edited by islandgurl31 on
    edited December 1969

I am probably dense...lol...but i clicked on the share thingy and all i see is something that says Direct Link nothing about a download text :-(! Please tell me I am just blind...lol.

Thank you for making this as it will really help me a whole lot, plus I love reading!! This is a brilliant idea and I wish u all much success :-)!

Here...

10342421_425478970927443_2826456539716348983_n.jpg
    960 x 184 - 25K
  • islandgurl31islandgurl31 Posts: 250
    edited December 1969

Ty Totte :-). I think we were replying at the same time...lol..oc u was quicker! Ty for the pic also that shows u where it is at...helps heaps, especially when the brain is not functioning on all cylinders...lol :-).

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

I too downloaded and took a quick peek. Wow! What a great idea. I'm looking forward to spending several happy hours reading and re-reading.

• NetherworksNetherworks Posts: 34
    edited December 1969

I would call myself much more of a Poser user but I have to say that I read through your magazine and feel that you did an excellent, top-notch job here! :)

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,126
    edited December 1969

I managed to get registered and pull it down today, and have a couple of minor suggestion for the next issue - and a couple of issues with the site itself which you probably don't have any control over but need to be brought up.

First, the site - whomever picked light grey on black for text needs to be disciplined. I favor flaying alive, salting, and putting the skin back on. There were a couple of times I didn't even notice the text. Second, if the screen name needs to be at least 4 characters, say so; don't just highlight the screen name and hit me with 'fill out all the entries correctly'.

On to your e-zine - on the first interview, the questions should be a different font or style from the response (bold, italic, typeface - anything to differentiate). And somewhat pervasive throughout the PDF, some of the images were split (wrapped) to a lower point on the page.

But overall, quite interesting and I look forward to spending the time reading it from end to end tomorrow!

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,874
    edited December 1969

"All articles will be proof red"
    LOL- really???? (Couldn't resist. I thought I was the only one who did things like this!)

Good luck with the magazine- it's nice for all of you to pitch in and spread enthusiasm. :)

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,460
    edited December 1969

Very nice, I just tweeted the Rendering To RIB article at the end of this issue - very handy to have the commands clearly laid out.

cheers

This discussion has been closed.