Ds Creative- The Magazine for Daz Studio users!

Comments

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,868
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...is there a more "static" version on FB?

Very difficult for me to read using Flash.

You can download as PDF from the weird small control buttons below it.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,940
    edited December 1969

...thanks. PDF format is a lot easier on the eyes when zoomed in as it scrolls like a normal page.

• MusclemanMuscleman Posts: 3,014
    edited December 1969

Awesome works guys! as always!!! Great!!!

• DrakenborgDrakenborg Posts: 185
    edited December 2014

25 amazing prizes to be won so get your engines going if you wanna shot and these prizes!
    Details in the Christmas image below

20$
    10$ Courtesy of BWC
    5$

1 item bobbie25 store
    1 item bobbie25 store
    1 item bobbie25 store
    http://www.daz3d.com/bobbie25

1 item from Pandygirl
    1 item from Pandygirl
    1 item from Pandygirl
    http://www.daz3d.com/pandygirl

1 item from FWArt (no co vendors or bundles)
    1 item from FWArt (no co vendors or bundles)
    http://www.daz3d.com/fwart

1 item from Sedor (no co vendors or bundles)
    1 item from Sedor (no co vendors or bundles)
    https://www.daz3d.com/Sedor

1 item from Lunchlady (no co vendors or bundles)
    1 item from Lunchlady (no co vendors or bundles)

1 item from Jack Tomalin (excluding bundles & game license)
    http://www.daz3d.com/jack-tomalin

1 item from Totte

1 DsICK SciFi Edition
    1 Gothic Impressions
    1 Winds of the Past

1 Presly Heels for Genesis 2 Female(s) from Ozichick
    http://www.daz3d.com/presly-heels-for-genesis-2-female-s

1 Hinkyhunks : Aleister by Hinkypunk & AelarethElennar

1 item from chikako

1 ultra edition of Image Armada (worth £400 as you can brand your exhibitions)
    1 ultra editions of Image Armada (worth £400 as you can brand your exhibitions)

And a huge thanks for the support from the DS Creative team! :)

Competition_Promo1.jpg
    1990 x 1407 - 2M
    Post edited by Drakenborg on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Any chance for a hint to find the hidden online freebie? Please?

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,330
    edited December 1969

I finally got round to looking at the DS-Creative e-mag - it's really interesting! And thank you so much for the freebies, a lovely extra Christmas present :-)

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975
    edited December 1969

I just got a chance to read through I am really loving the tuts in this!!

• StargazeyStargazey Posts: 244
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Any chance for a hint to find the hidden online freebie? Please?

Have a look for Santa, wearing a star!

edited December 1969

*gazes at the stars*
    Thank you!

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,419
    edited December 1969

A big thank you to the makers and all contributers of this interesting, informative and pleasant magazine. Finally I found the time to download all issues and freebies. Lovely extra Chistmas presents! Thanks again and happy holidays!

• Jack238Jack238 Posts: 117
    edited December 1969

I like DS Creative magazine. It seems to be getting better with each issue.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,330
    edited December 1969

Well, I've taken a (quick) look at all 6 issues now and I'm really impressed - lots of interesting stuff in there as well as all those freebies! Thank you to the production team and contributors.

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,787
    edited December 1969

I grabber the hidden gift from Miyre, but can't figure out where to download from. Help?

edited December 1969

The Mirye Store first sends you a order confirmation and then later (sent by hand by a real person - so times vary) a mail with a download link that expires after 48 hours.
    Make sure you look in your spam/junk folder so you don't miss it.

• StargazeyStargazey Posts: 244
    edited December 1969

I wish they actually made that a bit clearer! They say not to panic if you don't hear from them for a while, so I left it for a few days - when I checked my emails and tried to download, the link had expired! I think I'll just give up - I'm glad I hadn't actually paid for anything from them - it seems like a pretty silly system to tell you to wait for confirmation, then have a link that expires in a couple of days!

edited December 1969

Thank you all for the wonderful support and creative input!

mc_ds.jpg
    685 x 960 - 71K
  • Design Anvil - Razor42Design Anvil - Razor42 Posts: 1,235
    edited December 1969

Merry Christmas to you to mate, Thank you for the efforts of everyone involved with DS Creative this year!
    Heres looking forward to 2015!

edited December 1969

Welcome to DS Creative Issue 7 the first of 2015, A New Year and a much improved new look for the only magazine for DAZ Studio users
    http://issuu.com/philatdsc/docs/ds_creative_07/0
    While we are happy for you to share the above link, please do not download the magazine and share elsewhere, DS Creative should only be available through www.Issuu.com

10903815_513858778756128_531535840966828601_o.jpg
    679 x 960 - 117K
  • jpb06tjpb06t Posts: 272
    edited December 1969

Thank you, it is a very interesting and useful reading.

edited January 2015

Totte said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

..OK looking at the current edition, and the only buttons I see are for formatting the page in Flash. There is an "add To button but that mentions something about adding to a "stack" on the ISSUU site. I have no idea what that means (old school here, used to "real" books & magazines).

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited January 2015

Very nice, and I don't need to slam my face in a book, to read the issue, thanks. (Edit, or do I need to to get the PDF? I just looked at the issue on the site)

Lots of good to know stuff as well. I think I almost added another layer of sticky-notes to my desk, :lol:

Sorry to hear of the news about PandyGirl, I myself am not in a position to offer much, tho I will see what I can do.

Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Totte said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

..OK looking at the current edition, and the only buttons I see are for formatting the page in Flash. There is an "add To button but that mentions something about adding to a "stack" on the ISSUU site. I have no idea what that means (old school here, used to "real" books & magazines).

Click on share (in German it is "Teilen", so I am translating here) below the issue (Follow, Info, Share)
    Below there are now (in grey writing on white ground) some words - the last one is Download.

edited December 1969

...got it, thank you.

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,126
    edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    DS Creative has their new issue DS_creative 07 published. It has freebies in it and tutorials and all sorts of eye candy. The freebies are all accessible for the month of the issue. You will have to sign up for ISSUU here:
    http://issuu.com/home and you will get e-mails from them pushing their other publications. So be warned, if you dislike this kind of thing you might want to pass on the mag.
    If you already have registered the magazine is here:
    http://issuu.com/philatdsc/docs/ds_creative_07

I'd like to offer some constructive criticism if I may.
    I can't find a way to resize that full screen flash player to a comfortable size to read anything. I either get a large postage stamp in the center of my screen with illegible text, or a page that seems to be about 4x the size of my screen forcing me to drag it around to read a few words at a time.
    The thirds guide article didn't show any images of the guide actually in use, only the results.
    I didn't find any links to any freebies.It's very possible I may have overlooked them, as I mentioned before, it's difficult to get the flash player to a usable size on my screen ( 32 inch 1920x1080).
    I like the idea, it's very clever.

• ChromaDrakeChromaDrake Posts: 288
    edited December 1969

icecrmn said:

I can't find a way to resize that full screen flash player to a comfortable size to read anything. I either get a large postage stamp in the center of my screen with illegible text, or a page that seems to be about 4x the size of my screen forcing me to drag it around to read a few words at a time.
    I know we're only supposed to put links to freebies in this thread but I have to post to agree *100%* with this comment!

I love the DS online magazine but the Issuu format is *terrible*. Either the page is too small to read or so large it feels like you're pressing your nose to it. Isn't there a simple way to adjust the zoom to make it readable?

edited January 2015

Very cool issue! I loved the Rule of Thirds article, it was concise, great fundamental knowledge and useful info about a DAZ option. The Save As article was a nice overview of that particular function. Content like these articles is really helpful.

And most of all thanks for the review article on Reality. As a new purchaser of that program, it was a nice introduction. I do have questions about the HDRlabs mentioned in the article, is there a way to email the author of the article? Or should I direct questions to DS Creative editors?

I did want to copy this criticism comment over in the Freebie thread since it will likely get deleted because it doesn't have a freebie link:

icecrmn said:

I know we're only supposed to put links to freebies in this thread but I have to post to agree *100%* with this comment!

I love the DS online magazine but the Issuu format is *terrible*. Either the page is too small to read or so large it feels like you're pressing your nose to it. Isn't there a simple way to adjust the zoom to make it readable?

Also is it just me or do other people have issues (no pun intended) with Issuu getting jumpy or freezing? I find I have to constantly close the Issuu window and re-open it again in order to get around the crippling lag or failure to load pages.

Post edited by ChromaDrake on
    edited December 1969

First: you don't have to register at Isuu to read it. You have to register to download it as a pdf (click on Share and then on the grey "download").
    If you register at Isuu, you can stop the email flood: the profile button is at the upper right corner - a round button in grey with a grey smiling dot on a hump)
    Account settings / third tab: Notifications ...

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,853
    edited December 1969

Also is it just me or do other people have issues (no pun intended) with Issuu getting jumpy or freezing? I find I have to constantly close the Issuu window and re-open it again in order to get around the crippling lag or failure to load pages.

Why not download the magazine and read it with a PDF viewer?

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,955
    edited December 1969

Right, that is what i do, download PDF then I read it later. And freebies are there, last issue have two of them. You will have to find it in the magazine and then copy paste link :). That is the fun of it, though it can be a bit harder but if you can't find them i suggest looking in the credits for more clues.

edited January 2015

nDelphi said:

Why not download the magazine and read it with a PDF viewer?Never knew that was an option, Kerya on the other thread just explained how you need to register to do that.

Of course, now that I find out how to download the PDFs, I also stumble on the zoom function buried in the Issuu UI. That UI really needs an overhaul.

Oh well, who cares, I'll just download the PDFs now and not have to deal with any more Issuu weirdness lol

Post edited by ChromaDrake on
This discussion has been closed.