Art can be a funny thing

Make us chuckle, please!

Comments

• ZateticZatetic Posts: 284
    edited August 2020

Dog Show

"I'm not sure what breed he is but we win every dog show that we go to."

Post edited by Zatetic on
  • This is more of a groan as a result of the pun than a belly laugh. Comes from 2006.

"Maid of Glass"

Do hope it's not considered a violation of the TOS, she's clearly [groan] intended as a joke.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited August 2020

This is no joke, it's the Covid Blues (verse 19)

Roadworker's Blues

Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,158
    edited March 2021

Take Your Daughter To Berserk

The Last Straw

"Come on, dad, tell me what REALLY started the robot uprising."

"Son, I wish I was making that up."

Mister Ma

Mr. Ma was such a nice old man, but don't you think it's weird that he never seemed to get off that horse?

Back to Basics

I have no idea what inspired me to make this.

Post edited by Gordig on

This is not a laughing matter, really! Carry on...and sorry for spamming:)

This image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.

edited August 2020

...old render: What could possibly go wrong?

Another oldie:

Post edited by Sven Dullah on
    edited September 2020

According to lumberjack lore from up north, Paul Bunyan's first pet was Gabe the Blue Fox.

edited September 2020

How Not to Train Your Dragon

Struggling to contain his laughter, the Bearded Man said, "I'm sorry this happened. But you have to remember that he is inexperienced. And he is young so sometimes he just reacts without thinking about it.
    I'm sure it was nothing personal and that he has learned an important lesson. So if you would please open your jaws a bit more, we can continue with his training."

Rocking around the Christmas tree

Urban jungle, urban gorilla

• This is an old one I made awhile back.

Sir Fartsalot

• ...should have gone to Specsavers...

Nice job everyone!

Sven - Looks like a bad case of beer goggles!

And what kind of troll is this?

An internet troll.

•  

Roadworker's Blues

I take it that one is in B-flat major, no?

• Zatetic said:

Nice job everyone!

Sven - Looks like a bad case of beer goggles!

And what kind of troll is this?

An internet troll.

and he's netted himself a new keyboard!

Magog - how did I miss that one?!

It's Rock and Roll Baby

Wizard One Troll Zero

When you are a wizard, there are far more entertaining ways of dealing with an enemy than simply killing him.

Wait til he finds out he has hair!

Dinosaur Bone Bed Found

One of the largest dinosaur bone beds in America was discovered by Ms. Isa Foundit.  Paleontologists believe that it may be the most complete version discovered to date.

I had several captions for these and couldn't decide between them:

You Can't Go Home Again

1) "I told you there is no going home again. Especially after 70 million years!";

2) "Geeze, you leave a planet for a little space cruise and you come back to find the planet trashed and everyone thinks you've gone extinct!"; or

3) "That is the last time we put mammal DNA on a planet!"

Not a Fossil

This situation could have been avoided if they had consulted first with a paleontologist.

Haha nice ones @Zatetic!

Here's a repost from the 3DL thread, couldn't come up with a caption...so...suggestions?

Land Shark Record Attempt Sunk!

Land Shark, a former cast member of the original Saturday Night Live television show, was rescued yesterday after the sinking of his vessel by an iceberg. The accident is expected to set back his attempt to set a new record for longest journey in a boat made of giant popsicle sticks by at least a year.

Just finished this one!

Biker Gorilla

This should be an interesting 911 call.

• "What, Me Worry?" I only wish I could have made the second W look more like a C...   lol

I also wish I knew how to insert images into these thread posts. Seems like everyone does it, and it ought to be easy, but every time I try it I encounter insurmountable technical glitches... Are there file size limits for inserting in-line images (which I assume is done just with Copy/Paste)? Are there file size limits for attachments?

Alfred E Neuman reduced.jpg
    1236 x 2000 - 3M
  • Zatetic said:

Just finished this one!

Biker Gorilla

This should be an interesting 911 call.

That's a phone call I'd like to hear  : ))   It reminds me of the old Bob Newhart routine (I hope you're old enough to know who Bob Newhart is!) where it falls to the security guard on his first day on the job to call up the owner of the Empire State Building and inform him there's a giant gorilla climbing up the outside of the building... 

Nice ones, folks:) Here's a recent thing I made...something about Murphy's Law I guess...

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,065
    edited November 2020

Now which 2CV model is that? Not 3DClassics, it has a filler cap. Not Pamawo's, there are the correct number of ribs in the boot and it's got the 2CV6 type light clusters at the back. Is it Lucian Lilippe's or is it the very elderly model from Daz? (Yes, I am collecting 2CV models as I only have room for one real one - our maroon & black Charleston - in the garage: https://gal.cdn.renderosity.com/images/image_2974812/a899d6bacbddef6b29f614b1a075ccf3_original.jpg?v=1605896133 )

Oh, and yep, Murphy must have been involved. 

Regards,

Richard

Post edited by richardandtracy on

Now which 2CV model is that? Not 3DClassics, it has a filler cap. Not Pamawo's, there are the correct number of ribs in the boot and it's got the 2CV6 type light clusters at the back. Is it Lucian Lilippe's or is it the very elderly model from Daz? (Yes, I am collecting 2CV models as I only have room for one real one - our maroon & black Charleston - in the garage: https://gal.cdn.renderosity.com/images/image_2974812/a899d6bacbddef6b29f614b1a075ccf3_original.jpg?v=1605896133 )

Oh, and yep, Murphy must have been involved. 

Regards,

Richard

Cool models indeed:) Yes it's the old Teuf-Teuf, not so detailed but nicely rigged. And you have to scale it up to about 120% to work with Genesis models. Bonus...converts well to SubD;)

"What, Me Worry?" I only wish I could have made the second W look more like a C...   lol

I also wish I knew how to insert images into these thread posts. Seems like everyone does it, and it ought to be easy, but every time I try it I encounter insurmountable technical glitches... Are there file size limits for inserting in-line images (which I assume is done just with Copy/Paste)? Are there file size limits for attachments?

Here are the instructions I received when I asked that question:

What you do is attach the picture like you did and then click on the picture and it pops up in a new window.

Right click the picture and copy its address.

Go back to your post and clock the gear to edit.

Then in the body of your post click the picture if the 'mountain landscape box' or highlight the menu tool bar until you scroll over one that says "image".

Click that and it will ask you for an address.

Paste the copied address and make sure in the size field that it's 800 or less in width.

Then save your post and your picture will be live in your post.

Escalator to Heaven

Why buy a stairway to heaven when for a bit more you could get an escalator?