Art can be a funny thing

Comments

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    Zatetic said:

Escalator to Heaven

Why buy a stairway to heaven when for a bit more you could get an escalator?

yessmiley

Here's another oldie...

• ZateticZatetic Posts: 284

Ducklings always reminds me of a SNL fake commercial skit from the first season. They did a parody of the Smuckers Jam commercial from that time, "With a name like Smuckers, you know it has to be good." The cast takes turns announcing increasingly awful names followed by some variant on "it must be good". Anyways, I think it was Akroyd who steps forward and says, "Mangled Baby Ducks. That’s right, Mangled Baby Ducks! Picture a jam so good that you’d dare to call it Mangled Baby Ducks! Great Jam! It’s beautiful jam!"

Darwin Award Pokemon Trainer

Beginning Pokemon trainers should set realistic goals as they begin catching Pokemon. All this trainer caught was a Darwin's Award for removing himself from the human gene pool.

A larger version on my DeviantArts site can be found at https://www.deviantart.com/zateticpetra/art/Darwin-Award-Pokemon-Trainer-862559292

Godzilla model courtesy of KingKong19100

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,092
    edited December 2020

New Makeup

Vicki was in the bedroom when she heard a crash from another part of the house. There was a thunder of approaching paws and suddenly she was wearing new makeup. A thick layer of 'Albert' all over her face.

This actually happened to me. Obviously I have had to improve on the rather unattractive reality. I have had to imagine what it looked like as the only thing I could see or breathe was cat stomach. This image dates to July 2006 and used the Poser 4 cat with a texture I made to be as like Albert as possible, and was probably done in DS 1.something and took close on to 24 hours to render with the mirror stretching my Win XP system to the limit. Unfortunately, as Albert was like a soccer ball stomach and cat front/back ends merged, it was impossible to get close to his shape. Poor old Albert, my avatar, was already 2 years in the grave by then having died at age 19-21 (he was a stray, so we're not totally sure). It's strange, I still miss him despite the 3 cats we now have.

Regards,

Richard

Post edited by richardandtracy on

New Makeup

Vicki was in the bedroom when she heard a crash from another part of the house. There was a thunder of approaching paws and suddenly she was wearing new makeup. A thick layer of 'Albert' all over her face.

This actually happened to me. Obviously I have had to improve on the rather unattractive reality. I have had to imagine what it looked like as the only thing I could see or breathe was cat stomach. This image dates to July 2006 and used the Poser 4 cat with a texture I made to be as like Albert as possible, and was probably done in DS 1.something and took close on to 24 hours to render with the mirror stretching my Win XP system to the limit. Unfortunately, as Albert was like a soccer ball stomach and cat front/back ends merged, it was impossible to get close to his shape. Poor old Albert, my avatar, was already 2 years in the grave by then having died at age 19-21 (he was a stray, so we're not totally sure). It's strange, I still miss him despite the 3 cats we now have.

Regards,

Richard

Ah...I know what you're talking about, having had dogs all my life. I remember and miss them all;) Quite an impressive render, considering creation date and hardwareyes

Here something silly I made a few days back...

Zatetic said:

Darwin Award Pokemon Trainer

Beginning Pokemon trainers should set realistic goals as they begin catching Pokemon. All this trainer caught was a Darwin's Award for removing himself from the human gene pool.

Hehe, I like that;) Btw, had a look at your DA site...especially love the psychedelic stuffsmiley

Richardandtracy - at least Albert didn't get your tongue!

Sven - thanks! I like to dabble.

edited April 2021

This may raise a smile if nothing else.

Have you ever tried to pick up and move a cat that isn't interested? I have on many a time, and one of ours (Squeaky) usually claws his way onto my back, and then I have to transport him like that. He tries to walk down my back, and to keep him with me I lean further and further forward until.. this:

Character: Valiona in her Northern Terrace Rear garden. The Hivewire cat is the one giving her grief and batting her ear.

Regards,

Richard.

Valiona 01 R01.png
    941 x 911 - 2M
  • That DOES raise a smile, as my cat has done more or less the same once or twice, in not-quite-the-same circumstance.  I needed the smile, too. Thanks!

Bumping this thread with a little something I posted in the 3DL thread a while back...

Greetings Earthling! I come in peace!

Great one, Sven. I predict a close encounter of the venomous/constricting kind!

edited January 2021

'My arms are too short - can someone please stretch them?'

This is me trying to touch my toes... Once I did a lot of athletics, but was never very elastic and it always felt as if my arms were too short for this type of stretching.

Regards,

Richard.

Stretch 01 Ad.jpg
    800 x 800 - 42K

I'm lucky if I can see my toes, let alone touch them!

The Rivalry Begins

Godzilla could never figure out how Kong always managed to get to the fire truck pedal car first.  Irritated by having to race in the baby blue car again, Godzilla decided that he would never lose to Kong again.

Pedal car models by David A Swan aka Birdman and generously shared on ShareCG

Godzilla 1991 model made by JJJ, rigging and facials by MMDCharizard and generously shared on deviantart

Kong model available through Daz Studios

...nothing to see here folks, carry on...

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,220

Don't Touch

Seriously, people, stop doing this.

Grend'aww

Kit in the Act

Have at You!

Ignoble Steed

Sven - i like your take on the many examples of rock formation pareidolia

Gordig - great juxtapositions. That warrior's face in the last one says it all.

Pink Hulk Sad

Pink Hulk sad. Green Hulk no smash with Pink Hulk. Red Hulk no smash with Pink Hulk. Pink Hulk want to smash. Pink Hulk sad.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,220

edited March 2021

Santa Takes First Place in Javelin Throw

Little known fact: Santa participates in the Senior Games each year and always goes home laden with trophies. As the only one in his age group, Santa wins every event he enters.

My first draft of this scene showed Jesus throwing the javelin but he looked kind of weird in a tank top and shorts.

Javelin created in Blender and then ported into Daz Studios.

My javelin model is available for free on ShareCG

Post edited by Zatetic on
  • Looks fun. The idea is nuts. What age group for Santa? 200+. cheeky

I had plans to model a javelin myself in a while, looks as if it may not be needed. Hope you do upload it.

Regards,

Richard

• First Bastion's 'Art of the Promo' thread has reminded me of two of 'ThoseThings'' 41 food shader promo images that need to be immortalised in this thread too, despite already having been immortalised in FirstBastion's thread too. They are too much fun to miss.

Regards,

Richard

I love that hippo! Also, I added the link for the javelin above.

Frankenstein's Gorilla

All are welcome at Dr. von Frankenstein's Clinic

I hope this is in order. I came up with a moderately silly idea and story for the April "Spring Forward" Freebie competition. I know the image has elicited a few chuckles, so thought it may be eligible to go in this thread. The image is called

The First Annual 'Springing Forward' Race

[Report extract from the local paper] 'The race was to see who was the fastest person to use the 'Spring Things' (for want of a better name)  to cover 100m. This is the first time the event has been run, so it was not as popular as the organisers hoped, and there were only four entrants. Maybe next year's event will be better attended, as all competitors and audience enjoyed the event enormously. At the start of the race there was not a lot of agreement over how to use the 'Spring Things', and one competitor thought that bouncing backwards would be the best way. However instant disqualification awaited her - it was the 'Springing Forward' race, after all, and the clue was in the name.. Standing on the 'Spring Things' took care and co-ordination (even with the competitor's shoes were glued to the spring board) which didn't come easily to any competitor. After a shaky start Alysha in lane 4 took a commanding lead and won by a good 20 metres, with Ki in lane 6 coming in fractionally ahead of Vicky in lane 5 after abandoning her novel rabbit hop method 5 metres from the start line and catching Vicky up at the 90 metre point. All competitors fell over at least twice and were helped onto their springs by members of the audience. Alysha's prize was a small replica of the strange obilisk that appeared in the woods this January, and she goes home secure in the knowledge she won the daftest race in the sporting calendar.'

Zatetic, that image is plain nuts...

Nervous Vickie in a Tunnel With Skunk:

This is a corruption of the old meme of 'Naked Vicky in a Temple with Sword' with a somewhat more realistic twist..

Thank you Gording and Richardandtracy for the much needed laughs!

edited June 2021

Carefully wiping the dust off of his car, Zat could already feel people staring at him. He didn't mind the looks and whispered comments because he loved his car and was proud to have a chance to show it off.

The latest in my Gorillas in our Midst series.

Post edited by Zatetic on