43rd Bryce Render Challenge ~~ Rural Scene ~~

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,130
    edited September 2020

Tim82, Rieke77 - thank you.

Hansmar - His miss farmland is very nice. Yes, Bryce keeps modifications in memory so you can go back, I think 16 layers. A method is creating a cube and move it 20 times around then more memory intensive parts are overwritten. The better idea, I think, is just saving and quitting Bryce, then restarting and reloading the scene.
    By the way, I also had issues with the IL on my second entry below. I copied the tree group created with the IL a few times - a bad idea - Bryce crashed but I could save and reload the scene. i deleted all instances and copies, just kept the masters and saved. The file was 110 MB, memory usage 1.4 GB. I quit Bryce and reloaded the scene with the two masters only and resaved. Still the huge file. I had to reload an earlier version with only the master trees before I used the IL. The final render below with the 500 trees is 14 MB and the memory usage 240 MB.

spuddy - River Beach is a very nice scene.

S Ray - the Cowboy looks cool, very nice night mood with the moon.

My second entry.
    Name: Nowhere
    Used: Terrain materials from Terrain Stacking, clouds and HDRI from Sky Toolbox Expansion. The trees are Bryce BTO trees, about 500 instanced.

Nowhere

Nowhere.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 135K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • Hansmar: Lovely Scene. I like the details.

Spuddy: I think you have fun to play with materials....I'm looking forward to your next entry.

SRay: Wow. Your Cowboy is a wonderful Image... I love the Light too.

Horo: one more Wow... wonderful work, and excellent Sky and Light.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,003

Horo - Wow superb render, I agree excellent sky and light

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,757

Spuddy, Thank you. I really like your terrain and material, very well done. I would prefer a bit more light in the shadow regions (on the trees, mainly) on such a sunny day. Could be done with IBL from the sky, or with a fill light.

S Ray: Great cowboy render, specifically like the brooding sky and the general mood.

Adbc, mermaid010, Rieke77, Yellow Pen: Thanks

Horo: Thank you. I would have thought such a veteran and expert Brycer like you would not have the same issues with crashes as I have (sometimes). Makes me feel less like an idiot to hear you also have your problems. But the result is fantastic. The very low light and the beautiful clouds work wonders. And, of course, the shadows of the trees behind the camera.

Yellow Pen, mermaid and Hansmar - thank you.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,103

Horo : Stunning render, the sky, the light, everything is in harmony.

Thank you adbc.

• spuddyspuddy Posts: 449
    edited September 2020

mermaid010 ...thank you

Rieke77...thank you

Horo...thank you.....NOWHERE...Lovely sky and light I like the way it bounces off the trees

Yellow Pen...thank you

Hansmar ...Thanks  I sort of agree with you on the light I tried different ways originally but nothing seemed to work that well so just went with the stark contrast as part of the composition...That said I realised it was really down to the material on the trees so made two new ones; but does it make it compositionally stronger or weaker? I think on balance it is an imporovement so thanks for the nudge to improve it So I suppose now .... River beach 2 ....is my third entry 

river beach 4.png
    1754 x 875 - 2M
    Post edited by spuddy on
  • Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 497
    edited September 2020

I've enjoyed browsing all the entries. Some interesting takes on the theme, I got a good chuckle from Yellow Pem’s “Old Men in a bath tub” and drachenlords “the matador”.

I also like all the terrific terrains by Horo, spuddy and adbc.

As always, great concept work by drachenlords, S Ray and Hansmar.

Here is my first entry.

Title: "Morning Chotrs".

G2 Female and props (mostly Poser 6 era stuff) foom DAZ3D.

Bucket prop from ShareCG.

Illuminated by the sun and use sky IBL.

Took about two hours to render at 32 RPP.

Thanks for taking a look!

morning_chores.jpg
    1429 x 1000 - 525K
    Post edited by Chohole on

Dan - thank you. Your entry is very realistic looking, excellent work.

Dan Whiteside: Thanks. And your entry is fantastic. As Horo states: very realistic looking.

Spuddy: You're welcome. Of course, it is always the creator that decides whether dark is good or lighter is better, etc. So, no problem if you do not act upon any nudges. In the new version, the leaves of the trees are no longer mainly profiles, but they have substance and form. However, my eye/brain combination still feels there is not enough light. I guess, it is not only the texture of the leaves, that does it. Now I look at it again, I feel that the blue in the sky is also rather dark, while at the same time the general feeling (based on the texture of the terrain, largely), is very sunny. Maybe making the sky (specifically the blue) ligher might help. The colour of the sky also influences the colours in the scene, so you could have a look again. Again, don't mind me, if you want it like this: tastes are different (luckily!).

Spuddy - the River Beach 2 looks nice too, I like both versions

Dan Whiteside - very realistic looking, great entry

spuddy : River Beach2 looks great.

Dan Whiteside : Thanks. Beautiful and realistic render, very good work.

• Spuddy: nice scene.

Dan: a beautiful rural Scene. I love the chicken...

• Rieke77Rieke77 Posts: 618

@ Horo - "Nowhere" is an wonderful images.

@ spuddy - "River Beach 2" looks very beautiful.

@ Dan Whiteside - what a great entry and Farm Scene.

edited September 2020

spuddy - in my opinion, River beach 2 looks even better.

Rieke77 - thank you.

My third entry.
    Name: Willow Creek
    Used: Terrain from High Resolution Terrains 1, materials from Terrain Stacking, a weeping willow was made in Arbaro and instanced six times, sky by the ErmClouds01_SD HDRI from Gritstone Hills.

Willow Creek

WillowCreek.jpg
    1200 x 780 - 356K
    Post edited by Horo on

Beautiful entry Horo

• this is amazing Horo - really wonderful. I love it.

Thank you mermaid and Yellow Pen.

Dan Whiteside...thanks......Morning chores....is a wonderful entry....excellent building esp

Hansmar ...Thanks for your input 

adbc...yellow pen...rieke77 thanks for your kind comments

Horo.. thanks for your observation.....Willow Creek...beautifully put together it makes a really lovely picture

Horo: Great third entry.

@ Horo - Willow Creek is awesome.

Horo : wonderful entry. Great atmosphere.

Thank you spuddy, Hansmar, Rieke77 and adbc.

• akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124

drachenlords:

"Medieval Land" - great render to start a challenge! I like how faraway you see the land, and feel the calmness of life. "Future Peasant" - interesting take on theme. Combination of technology and tradition. Future arises, but some things never change, it's just methods and options that do. "The great Matador" - lovely scene with great sense of humour (look at cow's expression and imagine what she thinks), but also with a deep idea of children's imagination and ropleplay.

Hansmar:

"Our dragon farm" - i never was in regions where people keep dragons on farm, but surely it's nothing weird for thise who live there, considering how they are getting used to it since childhood, huh. "His miss farmland" - well, rural portrait is very fashionable nowodays, why not! People are too serious though, which makes animals laugh.

adbc:

"Early morning in the country" - beautiful scenery. Love warm colours and sense of space. "Somewhere in the country" - comfy mansion in a green zone. Guests welcomed?

spuddy:

"English Countryside" - vegetation... Must be good to be there. Fresh air and peaceful environments. Nice. "Sunny stream" - beautiful river in a forest. Would also visit. "River Beach 2" - nice end for trilogy. Terrain's material is pretty picturesque as it reminds me oil paintings.

S Ray:

"Watering Hole" - classic! Really hot day, and spring is the salvation. Reflections nice, too. "Cowboy" - oh my, that guy knows well how to steal all the glances! Cool night render.

Horo:

"Rural Area" - interesting entry which is a "big picture". "Nowhere" - well, that's somewhere.. in nowhere... ouch! Maybe, outskirts of an empire? Who knows. I like how shadows contribute to perception of this mysterious place. Sky is setting the right mood as well. "Willow Creek" - a bit exotic scene, where willows take their place as stars of the show. Beautiful, and lighting surely adds to it!

Yellow Pen:

"Old Men in a bath tub" - already said, but - amazing funny scene that makes us smile!

Dan Whiteside:

"Morning Chotrs" - nice looking "daily life" scene. Something tasty in a bucket so dog is interested...

Thank you akmerlow.

Thank you ..akmerlow

• Yellow PenYellow Pen Posts: 918
    edited September 2020

akmerlow: thank you too.

And here is my second entry: Mother and Child.

Mother and Child.jpg
    1400 x 787 - 1M
    Post edited by Yellow Pen on

@ Yellow Pen -  this is an so lovely image.

Yellow Pen - almost like in a fairy tale. Really beautiful scene with all the vegetation, the deer, the bird and the mother with her child.