Problem with realistic renders in Bryce and when exporting and sending things to Daz Studio

13»

Comments

• ChrisSerketChrisSerket Posts: 202
    edited September 2020

More or less.
    I had to resign myself to settling for a not so realistic result, but not so bad (image attached).

png
    png
    Isla Ensueño cap 1 escena 1 plano 10301 - copia.png
    6M
    Post edited by ChrisSerket on
  • akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124
    edited September 2020

Nice render, keep up! I see city and desert on island.
    I think that on this one you may attenuate more water's material maybe (scale of texture, or lessen bump? not sure), as it looks like either island is very small, or waves/ripples are giant. Also maybe make bridge more bright to be easibly noticeable?

Post edited by akmerlow on
  • I want to leave some recommendations in case it works for someone in the future:
    -In animation, launch the renders in .BMP format and then join all the final frames (this is not only insurance in case you want to turn off the pc, but also in case the power goes out during rendering).
    -In animation although, Bryce is slow per frame (because I only use 2 GB of ram and a maximum of 8 cores), but that has its advantage also for users with better hardware (obviously here I take for granted that Bryce was given HIGH priority). If you have a computer with at least 8 cores and a lot of ram (as an example I will put at least 8 GB, although it would be recommended 16), instead of just rendering one frame, you can be rendering 2 or more at the same time. The shape?. Just open Bryce a second time (I only tested it in 7.1, so I don't know in previous versions) and open again your scene to render and place other different frames or set of frames (in case of being several). I tested it with an AMD Ryzen 7 200x (8 cores) and with 2 Bryce frames at the same time, the cpu usage was already between 95% and 100%, so I don't know how well it works on processors slower than mine. , but probably those with better processors will be able to launch 3 or 4 frames at the same time.

PS: Although the cpu usage was at the maximum or almost the maximum (I must also add that I had 2 open browsers and sometimes even classes by ZOOM), also in Daz Studio I was able to launch renders in iray without problems, just throwing them to the card of video (gtx 1080 8gb evga), so in theory I was doing 3 renders at the same time.

I regret the will, but I wanted to be detailed in the explanation and approach it from many points, because future users who need to know something like this, the gaps in the information can cause them inconveniences about what to do.

edited September 2020
    akmerlow said:

Nice render, keep up! I see city and desert on island.
    I think that on this one you may attenuate more water's material maybe (scale of texture, or lessen bump? not sure), as it looks like either island is very small, or waves/ripples are giant. Also maybe make bridge more bright to be easibly noticeable?

Thank you very much. Personally I am not entirely convinced either, but at least it is possible to reflect what I wanted to convey.
    It is impossible for me to edit that file anymore, since the lag is at GOD level, and that was one of the main reasons that made me have to stop.
    My initial intention was to put beaches and forests, but since the lag was impossible, I changed the beach for a large salt flat (that's why the sand is paler or white)

The current con is that I am now struggling with a close up shot of the same island but in Daz Studio Iray xDDDDDD. So I still have a lot of suffering ahead of me.

You mean lag in wireframe mode? Did you try "show as box" attribute (A) for objects, or "Wireframe Resolution  8"?

Speaking of large scales, for me it's painful to position camera in DAZ Studio because you need to scroll or pan very long... (unless you change speed?)... though in DS i often use "auto focus on object" that instantly zooms in.
    While in Bryce i go between director and main camera (and sometimes different saved positions).

2 GB of ram

A bit more if you make Bryce large adress aware https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/28796/very-detailed-scene-out-of-memory
    Potentially around 3.5 gb, however if scene is so complex that it reaches that limit, there is a chance you can't save the scene (because during saving process it needs some ram as far as i know). Though you can merge scene into subscenes.. but i dont have experience on that.

edited September 2020

I was in the WIREFRAME view, because even in it it was almost impossible to move the camera position (I can't imagine how it would be in the other views).
    Yes, I had heard about memory stretching, but the downside made me take a step back.
    I prefer to test the program as it is, although it looks very attractive what it offers xD.
    What I did want to leave is an aid for animation rendering, since many complain about the slowness, so I left a method to make things happen without hacking the program hahahahaha

PS: I very much agree about the camera in Daz Studio, it is a real headache to move it to exaggerated distances.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,135

If you have more than one computer in your network, you can use Lightning to render your scene or video using all machines. With Bryce 7 you have to start Lightning also on the computer from which you render, older versions did that automatically.

move the camera

Sometimes it's easier to open camera's setting and change values there, rather than moving camera manually.

• Good appreciation, I will keep it in mind for my next job at Bryce :) :)

Also do you often use top/right/left views? I sometimes find it useful that when you have an object selected, and in those views, when you "+" (zoom in), it focuses on that selected object.

Locking/hiding stuff that you won't edit further also helps, and those colour groups (but im sometimes too lazy for them oops)

• I think so, since I'm panning the island from certain perspectives as it approaches the city.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,758

Good suggestions, Akmerlow. I also often forget the colour groups, but they are extremely useful to select groups of objects at once.

And locking objects that are already OK and in the right place gets to be almost an automatic part of my workflow, because it facilitates selection unlocked items from above, using the rectangular selection option. In that way, you can move or enlarge all (e.g.) trees or other elements, while leaving terrains and buildings, etc. untouched.

For large numbers of objects, e.g. hundreds of instances of rocks, after putting them in a colour group, showing them as a box substantially increases the handling speed when editing things and moving camera, etc.

So, nothing really new here, but just supporting the recommendations by others.