Carrara Community Art Gallery - Show us your Renders!!!

Comments

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

In watching your video, I thought to myself "That looks great, but what are the settings?"  Because, I've used the plugin before, and, it doesn't look that way without a lot of work.

So...thanks! :) yes

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,945

UnifiedBrain said:

In watching your video, I thought to myself "That looks great, but what are the settings?"  Because, I've used the plugin before, and, it doesn't look that way without a lot of work.

So...thanks! :) yes

YW

and also it ignores rotations (and possibly translations/scale too) hence choosing Poser scale

were Poser format props

it grows from the hotpoint so moving that with the CAPS lock to place ivy in different places is also needed

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,859
    edited October 2023

thanks Wendy.. just used it on one of my Carrara modelled facades and unticked Poser yes

Ivy.png
    800 x 600 - 948K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,250

Magnificent!

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,912
    edited October 2023

Thanks Wendy !!!

Son of Muck Statue

Son of Muck Statue 1.png
    1600 x 1200 - 4M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on

Sweet! Now we just need Fenric to come up with a bird poop generator - the sign of at least one happy bird! ;)

Cool render Bunyip02!

I am sure anything Goos or something could do it

edited October 2023

Africa

Africa.png
    800 x 600 - 852K
    Post edited by Stezza on

Dartanbeck said:

Sweet! Now we just need Fenric to come up with a bird poop generator - the sign of at least one happy bird! ;)

Cool render Bunyip02!

Thanks !!!

Stezza said:

Africa

Very nice !!!

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I am sure anything Goos or something could do it

I was being silly. Little low-poly poop models with simple shaders would do just fine! ;)

That's one Beautiful Render Mr. Stezza!!! Bravo!

Say Stezza, when you use that Dimension Theory lighting thingy, are you using HDRI?

Dartanbeck said:

Say Stezza, when you use that Dimension Theory lighting thingy, are you using HDRI?

100% every render I do I use Hdri yes

It sure is a great way to light.

no idea why sometimes they get "ticks" blush

does it in DAZ studio too, worse even, AniBlocks baked to keyframes

Carrara it's the Aniblock importer

I used to blame Mimic but its not as the jerking below the neck

At first I thought it was aniBlock to Timeline interpolation issues, but I was mistaken. They are actually IN the aniBlocks themselves. They can be cleaned up by painstakingly removing a few keys in the problem areas whenever they occur.

Shapes that vary from the originally indended base also amplify imperfections. Play Vicky aniBlocks on Vicky with no other shaping and it often gives better results.

I have just recently switched almost completely over to using Bone Minion as my convertor from one generation to the next, which allows me to actually convert directly on the character I want to use - which seems to make a HUGE difference - especially going from previous generations to Genesis 8

yeah was V4 Aniblocks on Genesis 1

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I can teach you, my young Padowan wink

Dartanbeck said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I can teach you, my young Padowan wink

aaaaaaaah tutorial 

but yeah I can delete keyframes too, Aniblocks create too many, one can decimate a lot and just tween betweens what's left 

edited October 2023

I've tried using the decimation script a few times and I far prefer the results just taking a few seconds to do it myself using my eyes against the glitches - and I often only do the affected joints - which can sometimes be all of them, which I would realize after getting rid of what I think the problem is. Sometimes it just goes all the way through everything.

Also if we, for example, perform some extra movements, like a neck bend and then we change the neck again somewhere else, I've noticed that this can cause some glitches as well. In hunting down how to correct this (I knew that it was tweener interpolation between the original motion and the added bends) it turns out that, if we find the exact spot where the neck bend should go to get the head pointed in the right direction, and then do the same with any other head bends, we can achieve great results without that wonky glitch. Pretty cool how it works. I just use the frame-by-frame controls and go forward until I see the head start moving. Go back one frame from the first time it actually moves and scrub the Head/Neck bend back to the same value it's on currently.  Scrub forward in the timeline some more and when it reaches the point where it stops moving - that's where I put my new Head/Neck bend, etc., etc., 

Well... that's Studio's TCB. With Carrara we have better tools to fix stuff! But doing it using dials - the principle is the same.

Post edited by Dartanbeck on

Fantasy Medieval Street 

Fantastic! Yeah, I'm very impressed with these new kits from Xivon! Been collecting. Need to get this one, I see! 

Great work Wendy!

edited October 2023

Dartanbeck said:

Fantastic! Yeah, I'm very impressed with these new kits from Xivon! Been collecting. Need to get this one, I see! 

Great work Wendy!

thanks

I did something weird to add instances

I duplicated the original things and parented them to each instance null in the scene outliner then did modifier track in xyz track rotation with the nulls as the targets

it put them in the right places

what's to bet that could be scripted in a plugin if only I had a codey brain enlightened

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

Sure. Kind of like Instances to Objects

edited October 2023

Dartanbeck said:

Sure. Kind of like Instances to Objects

yes I have that and usually use it

(bought it the day Totte released it)

you get huge scenes

I wanted to duplicate objects in Carrara as uses a master object so almost like an instance 

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

Yes. Just so.

I'll place a bunch of duplicates by hand into an arrangement I think would work pretty much anywhere, group them and duplicate that around.

In the end I often have quite a few individual groups of hand-placed items that have been duplicated and then placed by hand around the scene.

Cool idea using the empty instances for placement!

video not Carrara

I used the instances to objects script for obj export for this Twinmotion render

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Fantasy Medieval Street 

Always great to see you pushing the envelope, Wendy. yes  I typically don't pay attention to new products, so I'm glad that you do.  Was this very difficult to get into Carrara?

I also noticed that in the night scene you once again used the flashing lights effect.  Is there any way to randomize the effect, more like a firelight flicker?  The stready strobe makes me feel a seizure coming on. :)

And I agree with Dart.  Xivon is making some amazing stuff.