AI is going to be our biggest game changer

Comments

• N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,451

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I cannot get my Visions of Chaos version of Automatic 1111 Webui to run

I managed once bypassing VOC and using the bat file instead but now that throws an error and typing what it says to do in CMD. throws an invalid syntax error 

I have no knowledge of such codey things so just at a loss, I can still use the GUI version 

I'm not even a beginner when it comes to coding. Luckily, I only had to get the installation to bypass the "Torch" phase.

• ZilvergrafixZilvergrafix Posts: 1,385

Leonides02 said:

If you know how to use them, DAZ and Stable Diffusion are a marriage made in heaven.

this examples prove that laugh

• RL_MediaRL_Media Posts: 339
    edited March 2023

I am really diggin this AI stuff. Even went and shelled out for a 4090 before the world economy implodes along with my fancy new 1200 3d printer lol. I like using automatic1111 for all it's bajillion extensions available. I only wish auto1111 and invokeAI would have a baby. InvokeAI is crazy fun with outapinting, but it can't use a lot of the cool stuff like controlnet. Been trying to wrap my head around making my own finetunes, add stuff into the main model that it doesn't do well.

Post edited by RL_Media on
  • Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758

The damaged but still visible watermark on AI generated art  is simply clear and verifiable evidence of the copyright /////// infringement of the artists source material.

Not to be that guy, but there are a lot of people confusing these two terms.

You VIOLATE a copyright and INFRINGE on a created work.

There's no law or ruling yet on if an AI scans a work and pulls out details and then uses those details to create similar work(s) is a "crime".

Copyright (in layman's terms) is proof of ownership at a point in time. That's why you are given a 'digital copyright' the moment you save a file/work. 

Infringmenet is done on a case-by-case basis and you have to COMPARE two works. And because it has to REALLY, REALLY, REALLY be on the nose, those cases are very hard to prove.

---------------------

Emotional arguments don't work well here.

Phrases like "Against the artist's wishes...."

"It's not fair that....."

"That shouldn't be allowed...."

"The people that....."

"It'll be the death of...."

"This is the end of..."

------------------------

The best you have is gatekeeping or "rules" or policies. 

If some group or contest or website or platform says "No AI elements" then that's that.

Right now, the interest is way too high to stand in front of this wave with your hand raised- screaming STOP!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,944
    edited March 2023

N-RArts said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I managed once bypassing VOC and using the bat file instead but now that throws an error and typing what it says to do in CMD. throws an invalid syntax error 

I have no knowledge of such codey things so just at a loss, I can still use the GUI version 

I'm not even a beginner when it comes to coding. Luckily, I only had to get the installation to bypass the "Torch" phase.

I finally had a Visions of Chaos update that fixed

and indeed reinstalled torch and all that other stuff like numpy and pillow wink

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,451

WendyLuvsCatz said:

N-RArts said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

and indeed reinstalled torch and all that other stuff like numpy and pillow wink

I'm glad you've got it sorted smiley

I hope you don't mind me asking, but you can use your face in your works. I would like to do the same with one of my own characters. What sort of images do you need to do this - and, how many?

N-RArts said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

N-RArts said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I'm glad you've got it sorted smiley

I hope you don't mind me asking, but you can use your face in your works. I would like to do the same with one of my own characters. What sort of images do you need to do this - and, how many?

mostly face selfies and don't make my mistake of including a nude full frontal blush 
    i would use different images if I do it again, I lost my embedding uninstalling stuff

• PixelSploitingPixelSploiting Posts: 880
    edited March 2023

There are going to be a lot of disappointed people once they realize that illustration and comic book markets are fueled by the same kind of attitude that is driving designer clothes or handmade furniture and there won't be big breaktrough for automated image generation any more than it was for 3d rendered illustrations. Grassroot publishing or things that were previously relegated to stock images and cliparts, yes. Otherwise it's going to be met with same attitude probably anyone using Daz encountered at least once. Except worse because now there's going to be even harder to explain that there was any human input in it. "Did you draw this? Oh, so you say it's not yours..."

Art market is, well, snobism. It's not driven by what's practical.

Post edited by PixelSploiting on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,991
    edited March 2023

Something mechanical in the garden.

robot01x.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 469K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited March 2023

Another one, made from the same prompt as above, but with seed = 2147483645

Decreasing or increasing a seed even with only 1 gives a totally different image.

robot10x.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 425K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,533

Griffin Avid said:

The damaged but still visible watermark on AI generated art  is simply clear and verifiable evidence of the copyright /////// infringement of the artists source material.

Not to be that guy, but there are a lot of people confusing these two terms.

You VIOLATE a copyright and INFRINGE on a created work.

There's no law or ruling yet on if an AI scans a work and pulls out details and then uses those details to create similar work(s) is a "crime".

Copyright (in layman's terms) is proof of ownership at a point in time. That's why you are given a 'digital copyright' the moment you save a file/work. 

Infringmenet is done on a case-by-case basis and you have to COMPARE two works. And because it has to REALLY, REALLY, REALLY be on the nose, those cases are very hard to prove.

---------------------

Emotional arguments don't work well here.

Phrases like "Against the artist's wishes...."

"It's not fair that....."

"That shouldn't be allowed...."

"The people that....."

"It'll be the death of...."

"This is the end of..."

------------------------

The best you have is gatekeeping or "rules" or policies. 

If some group or contest or website or platform says "No AI elements" then that's that.

Right now, the interest is way too high to stand in front of this wave with your hand raised- screaming STOP!

Talking here specifically about infringement and the court cases and evidence to prove it.

https://www.theverge.com/2023/2/6/23587393/ai-art-copyright-lawsuit-getty-images-stable-diffusion

An individual artist doesn't have the deep pockets to argue a case of infringement in court,  but the big players do.  And they should.

edited March 2023

Just a helping hand...

robot24x.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 344K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited March 2023

Amazing, how a seed number affects the created image.

robot37x.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 308K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited March 2023

Some tool melted into the robo hand, I think.

robot41x.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 337K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited March 2023

I admit, I like cuteness...

imageimage

cute02x.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 336K
    cute05x.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 330K
    cute20x.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 392K
    Post edited by Artini on

video

started with a photo

IMG_1361.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 1M
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,568

I am curious why a thread about ai is in the commons when usually art threads get moved to art studio very quickly.

• Serene Night said:

I am curious why a thread about ai is in the commons when usually art threads get moved to art studio very quickly.

It seems to be an about thread, at least in intent, rather than a technique or show-off thread.

• I bought a tutorial I while back (from here) because the effect the guy was getting was interesting to me.... turned out that the only interesting part about it was Ai generated imagery.

Getty announced last month that it has “commenced legal proceedings in the High Court of Justice in London” against Stability AI. However, that claim has not yet been served, and the company did not say at the time whether or not it also intended to pursue legal action in the US.

@FirstBastion: Getty wanting to get PAID- has nothing to do with the artist perspective on this.

Article also says Getty already licensed their work to other AI engines. That means they are ALL FOR AI stuffs.

Ask Artstation how they feel about AI Art. No, ask Artstation, not their user base of consumers and artists. 

I don't know how true that actiually is (anymore).

"Poser Comics" had an uphill battle because, well, they looked different (or not-as-good) as traditional (media) comics- in many cases.

AI works look different (better) than lots of hand-drawn comics. And AI actually has nailed teh hand-drawn look better than postwork or render engine filters.

The last line of snobbery-defense is other artists, not the paying consumer.

Case in point, major comic companies are now using AI generated images.

(And yep, there is a backlash, but the backlash is about the process. The Product looks great [minus a few AI quirks] and the person was already a comic artist before AI)

So as I said, it ain't gonna be -

Scrub + AI      VS      Artist

it's going to be

Artist + AI       VS       Artist

That's because AI doesn't teach you how to make comics/tell a story.

That's why CGI comics had such a battle. Everyone who could render a scene thought they were ready to make an epic comic saga.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,355

Griffin Avid said:

AI works look different (better) than lots of hand-drawn comics.

AI can represent feet at least as well as Rob Liefeld.

edited March 2023

a kitty

34i0ui_837bbe7d88984c0122ca61a71a8c52101f67a723.jpg
    1643 x 1278 - 675K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Griffin Avid said:

I don't know how true that actiually is (anymore).

"Poser Comics" had an uphill battle because, well, they looked different (or not-as-good) as traditional (media) comics- in many cases.

AI works look different (better) than lots of hand-drawn comics. And AI actually has nailed teh hand-drawn look better than postwork or render engine filters.

The last line of snobbery-defense is other artists, not the paying consumer.

Case in point, major comic companies are now using AI generated images.

(And yep, there is a backlash, but the backlash is about the process. The Product looks great [minus a few AI quirks] and the person was already a comic artist before AI)

So as I said, it ain't gonna be -

Scrub + AI      VS      Artist

it's going to be

Artist + AI       VS       Artist

That's because AI doesn't teach you how to make comics/tell a story.

That's why CGI comics had such a battle. Everyone who could render a scene thought they were ready to make an epic comic saga.

Paying customers ridicule Greg Land and Rob Liefield for years by now. This is the place of prestige AI users are most likely to end with.

Of course providing the US two larger publishers won't end having to fill in with AI-generated images anyway because at the current rate of their doing the might end having to settle down for the cheapest possible. But that's just the US comic market state of things.

• ZilvergrafixZilvergrafix Posts: 1,385

if you use DDIM as Sampling Method, it does better coloring:

edited March 2023

The Kittens

jaguar02x4.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 535K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited March 2023

Another pair of kittens

Lion06x.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 444K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,276
    edited March 2023
    Personally, the ethics of AI are too dodgy for me to want to get involved in it. I think if someone can feed a blank algorithm images of your own creation and/or stock images you have correctly acquired, it's fine. But I feel using a program that is mining images from the internet without acquiring them properly is on the same ethical level as pirating and using 3d content.
    Post edited by Timbales on

the illustrations are AI (look at the fingers) I wonder if ChatGPT wrote the script?

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,335
    edited March 2023

MidJourney v5 dropped last night and it is pretty amazing and WICKED FAST!  Everything is better - not yet 'perfect', but wayyyy better.  Can't wait to get home and play with it some more.

[Edit] - I can add the prompts used after I get home.

VT_Ozzi_07863_MJ_Erik_Pedersen.jpg
    1200 x 1920 - 194K
    FS_Mel_03854_MJ_Erik_Pedersen.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 229K
    Post edited by Gogger on
This discussion has been closed.