AI is going to be our biggest game changer

1424344454648»

Comments

• Jabba said:

I suppose my approach to the ethics debate of AI art is that the genie is now out of the bottle, so what are you gonna do?

Use the technology to assist your art creation?

or

Feel good that you stuck to your concept of artistic purity while the chances for business opportunity sail away on the AI user's boat?

Of course, if you do art for therapy or pleasure and making money from it is not your objective, than you have the ultimate freedom of doing whatever feels right for you.

If you think it's all about fairness then I want a word with your parents for not preparing you for how the real world works.

Yeah, we'll all fall off the planetary dish one day anyway, so who cares what we will be doing until then, right?

I understand that going back to a cave may not be the thing for all the people, yet this isn't about prohibiting tools anyway, it's about shaping how which type of tools can be made to benefit society, instead of damaging it. Of course this can be regulated on many edges, it's the choice of society to some extent, what is going to be the rules with data gathering and ai, insight into algorithms, decision taking and data use, and so on. 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,827
    edited April 2023

Deforum is very iffy, when it works it works well

until it just doesn't 

got it to work a few thousand frames for this video after a week of not working then it died again

sadly I don't have the coding skills to work out the python errors which is why AI will never replace using 3D models in various softwares for me

mind you those throw errors on occasion too but I mostly then can use a different one or another computer, I have 6+ versions of DAZ studio on 2 computers alone for that reason winkas well as Poser, iClone, Carrara, Unreal engine etc, can usually render in something.

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,850

Very nice.

I am still waiting for possibility to automatically create 3D models

from Stable Diffusion.

• N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,436

Jabba said:

If you think it's all about fairness then I want a word with your parents for not preparing you for how the real world works.

That's the best thing I've read all day (and it's been a pretty tough day). 

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,961

Jabba said:

I know for sure I wasn't taught "do whatever you like and don't think about how it affects other people".

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

I am also one that has thought more about AI and having tried a few, I am confident I will later this year, early next year subscriv=b to midjournet base and intermitently midjourney pro (or whatever it's called) on months where I need to crank it up a notch.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,336

With a whole lot of users using the same prompts in the same framework,  there is little surprise that everything starts looking the SAME.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,850
    edited April 2023

Maybe the problems will disappear if future generations

will not be fascinated with the computers any longer...

Maybe01.jpg
    2560 x 2048 - 381K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • If we remove a bunch of posts it is not an invitation to continue the argument. Since this therad appears to be at the stage of repeating previous points with knobs on it has been closed.

This discussion has been closed.