Eastern Dragon [commercial]

RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,754
edited August 2014 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Royal Eastern - The Asian Dragon

http://www.daz3d.com/rawart/royal-eastern-the-asian-dragon

This beautiful beast from the east will fill your Asian fantasy scenes with an exotic majesty.
A masterfully sculpted character set for your Dragon 3 figure. It comes complete with many colour variations and LAMH presets for added variaety.

Product Includes:

• One Eastern Dragon character preset
• Thirty Five Eastern Dragon Material presets
• Thirty Five Wingless Graft Material presets
• One Eastern Dragon morph preset
• One Tendril Plates figure
• Five LAMH presets

08-REastern-POP.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 426K
01-REastern-POP.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 472K
00-REastern-main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 462K
Post edited by RawArt on

Comments

• FyredrygyonFyredrygyon Posts: 763
    edited December 1969

Ooh, nice. Love the look of the fur and the whisker.

Are those ears under the horns? Awesome, just what my dragons are lacking

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,754
    edited December 1969

I turned one set of horns into ears..yes they are ;)

Rawn

• FyredrygyonFyredrygyon Posts: 763
    edited December 1969

RawArt said:
    I turned one set of horns into ears..yes they are ;)

Rawn

Oh that's smart

• nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933
    edited December 1969

Very nice. Looking forward to this.

• gypsyangelgypsyangel Posts: 1,010
    edited December 1969

Amazing critter work... :)

• Ryuu@AMcCFRyuu@AMcCF Posts: 621
    edited December 1969

& it's a Dragon 3 morph! NI-I-I-I-I-ICE!

Looking forward to this!

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,316
    edited December 1969

Awesome..........

edited December 1969

Thanx Guys!

Should be around soon

Rawn

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

WOW.. this is really awesome Rawn! Must buy!

• DestinysGardenDestinysGarden Posts: 2,550
    edited December 1969

Waiting anxiously for this guy to fly through my cart. Beautiful work Rawn!

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited December 1969

NICE! Now I must get ALL of the Dragon3 stuff, as I have none. Unless that Dragon LE that came with Daz Studio is the Dragon3.

It Doesn't matter what generation the Dragon LE is, I must get that.

edited December 1969

NICE! Now I must get ALL of the Dragon3 stuff, as I have none. Unless that Dragon LE that came with Daz Studio is the Dragon3.

It Doesn't matter what generation the Dragon LE is, I must get that.

This is what you need to enjoy Rawns upcoming Eastern Dragon: http://www.daz3d.com/creatures/daz-dragon-3

edited December 1969

Hey Rawn, will there be any traditional Eastern Dragon poses with this pack or is someone else teaming up with you to release a pack along with this lovely creature?

edited December 1969

Thanks RAMWolff. I was eyeballing this, cuz I want it all. Pose controls, morphs, and cool stuff. Including mounts and armor.
    http://www.daz3d.com/daz-dragon-3-pro-bundle

edited December 1969

Yea, Pro Bundle is your best choice for variety but wasn't sure how much you wanted to spend.

edited December 1969

Thanks for the concern, I think my card is in the corner hiding as someone else put it, lol.

I have discovered the heard way, when you are starting with nothing, a Pro bundle is a must starting point, as some stuff is not available any other way. Wachiwi outfit stuff, Generation 5 and 6 "Critical Equipment", etc. I've fussed with the wing and tail XYZ dials enough at this point, to want a single slider for wing flap, and another two for moving the entire tail around. Is hoping such a thing exists with the dragon3.

Back on topic, how dose this dragon sport armor, and or a harness/saddle? Has that been tried, or is a special one in the works?

edited December 1969

From all the images I've seen of Chinese or Eastern Dragons they don't sport armor, they are more spirit creatures...

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254
    edited December 1969

Very nice indeed! And looks much easier to pose than the original Eastern Dragon.

edited December 1969

Royal Eastern - The Asian Dragon

http://www.daz3d.com/rawart/royal-eastern-the-asian-dragon

This beautiful beast from the east will fill your Asian fantasy scenes with an exotic majesty.
    A masterfully sculpted character set for your Dragon 3 figure. It comes complete with many colour variations and LAMH presets for added variaety.

easternRun1500.jpg
    1500 x 1200 - 518K
    edited December 1969

There is no pose set in the works, at least from me.
    The CHR file loads with the dragon posed though...so it gives a good start.

The armour for the dragon3 will fit decently on this guy as well (can see a bit of it in the above pic)

I am not sure if it will pose easier than the original eastern dragon (since i never used it in a render)...This one poses decently. It does have limitations as the rigging is made originally for the base shape of dragon 3. I would have loved a few more bones in it for this guy...but for the versatility you get by having this dragon able to use stuff from other dragon3 sets..I think it balances out.

• SeaLadySeaLady Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Are there DSON files for it, too? I was waiting for such a nice eastern dragon like this, but there's sadly no use for me without Poser companion files :red:

edited December 1969

SeaLady15 said:
    Are there DSON files for it, too? I was waiting for such a nice eastern dragon like this, but there's sadly no use for me without Poser companion files :red:

No sorry, this one ended up being d/s only. There were conversion issues that could not be worked out well enough for my liking. If I cannot get near the same functionality, i would rather not include it, then releasing something that works badly in one platform.

Rawn

edited August 2014

He's gorgeous, he takes poses very well. This pose is from the set by Inaneglory, tweaked for my purposes a bit.

eastern-dragon1.jpg
    1200 x 1697 - 838K
    Post edited by scorpio on
    edited December 1969

He's gorgeous, he takes poses very well. This pose is from the set by Inaneglory, tweaked for my purposes a bit.

WOW!

That is a great image Scorpio!!!

Love it!

edited December 1969

RawArt said:

WOW!

That is a great image Scorpio!!!

Love it!

Thank you, glad you like it.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254
    edited December 1969

It looks like it is right out of a collection of Chinese fairly tales.

• Ryuu@AMcCFRyuu@AMcCF Posts: 621
    edited December 1969

I snagged this as soon as he hit the store, now I'm really looking forward to playing with him.

Oh, that's a beautiful render, Scorpio! Truely awesome work!

From RAW's reaction, it sounds like even he's surprised by what you did :lol:

BTW, where'd you get the scroll? That's a cool neat prop.

• berriboyberriboy Posts: 172
    edited December 1969

What a great Dragon, will have to wait till the end of next week to get him.

Excellent render and great concept.
    edited December 1969

I snagged this as soon as he hit the store, now I'm really looking forward to playing with him.

Oh, that's a beautiful render, Scorpio! Truely awesome work!

From RAW's reaction, it sounds like even he's surprised by what you did :lol:

BTW, where'd you get the scroll? That's a cool neat prop.

No...not surprised.
    Scorpio always has a habit of making excellent artwork from my critters.

Rawn

• ZelrothZelroth Posts: 910
    edited December 1969

Yay! I did manage to convince him to come join my library. Now, if he would only finish packing so he could move in, I will be able to play with him.
    In other words, I hope I can manage to download him tonight. My poor computer keeps having download upon download to do. And my internet /computer communication keeps "disconnecting" and "having issues" so I can't even know if my download will finish if I let it run unattended. OH well, without challenges what is life?