Poser 12 early release

2»

Comments

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited November 2020
    GDL said:

They updated the python version from 2.7 to 3.x, so DSON importer doesn't work anymore in P12 :-/

Hi,  Beta tester here, we are allowed to help and talk now.  SO it's suggested that you DO NOT uninstall Poser 11 for now.  We are still working on conversions for as many python scripts as can be converted but alas some folks are now either passed away or left the business so many like Netherworks may or may not be converted over.  

As for rendering times.  IF you have an RTX graphics card you will GREATLY benefit from the Optix options in the drop down in the Render Settings in Superfly.  I've seen my renders go from 10 minutes to literally 30 seconds.  So there's that.  BUT will not work for GTX or AMD based graphic cards from what I know.  

This IS an early release.  Remember back in the day when DAZ Studio was in beta for like 2 years or more?  Yea, well this early release is like working with a stable beta so if you find issues report them so the team can get them fixed.  There may be MANY MANY releases before this goes gold but as we all know end users are always chomping at the bit for new and shiny so here is your opportunity to watch it mature into something spectacular.  

I actually like Poser these days.  Poser 11 was and still is great software with all the updates it's had lately but Poser 12... WOOF!  BETTER.  Sorry, no renders from me to share!  Just ugly test renders and they are not worthy of any showing in any forums!  LOL 

Post edited by RAMWolff on
  • Quote:"This IS an early release.  Remember back in the day when DAZ Studio was in beta for like 2 years or more?"
    DAZ called the beta "beta". V. 0.xxx.xxx.
    Poser calls this release "Poser 12" early release and takes 249$ for it and 129$ for an upgrade. Poser offersas far as I understand it a full cycles render feature, that is not fully working.
    If this Poser 12 is a beta, then bondware should call it beta, without charging Poser beta testers for it.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Quote:"This IS an early release.  Remember back in the day when DAZ Studio was in beta for like 2 years or more?"
    DAZ called the beta "beta". V. 0.xxx.xxx.
    Poser calls this release "Poser 12" early release and takes 249$ for it and 129$ for an upgrade. Poser offersas far as I understand it a full cycles render feature, that is not fully working.
    If this Poser 12 is a beta, then bondware should call it beta, without charging Poser beta testers for it.

LOL, marketing doesn't understand beta releases are popular for being free not for being a misleading label that you get charged full price for.