!! Store Issues - Known Problems - Please Read !!

Comments

• Is anyone else getting a message at checkout saying, 

• There was an error processing this request

Haven't been able to order even free items since New Year's Eve. Tried on different browsers and different computers. Can't use store credit or cards to purchase either.

Missed a couple of good sales. 

• Abstract SoulAbstract Soul Posts: 159
    edited January 2021

I-am-Cho said:

BTW,   probably a stupid comment,   but I noticed that you mentioned Gift Card.   Was this an Amazon gift card by chance?   You cannot use Amazon Gift Card as Amazon Money on other sitres. They can only be used on Amazon.

no, its a gift card from daz paid by amazon pay (basically amazons paypal)

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

the gc email doesnt give the direct link to check the status no moars?

i always check the status before giving a gc.  sometimes the code is a phoney baloney.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

why do carrara products say type daz studio  ?

carrara type.JPG
    1080 x 553 - 68K
  • Mystiarra said:

the gc email doesnt give the direct link to check the status no moars?

i always check the status before giving a gc.  sometimes the code is a phoney baloney.

The double emails, with different codes, do seem to have been fixed with the store update - and you can now get the code from the order page. You can check the code at  https://www.daz3d.com/giftcard/customer

• Mystiarra said:

why do carrara products say type daz studio  ?

This seems to affect all files types, you can see which is which from the smal print. The situation predates the store update.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,711

Before November 2020, when I would get an idea for a render, I would open a document and begin typing in the assets/products for consideration. The biggest part of this process was coming to daz3d.com to use the store search to find candidates. Sometimes I would have to resort to my Product Library when a product had been removed from the store. However, mostly I used the store search to find products I already owned to use in my renders. But no more.

Nowadays, I had better know the exact name of the product I'm looking for and hope that the search AIgnorance doesn't guess I mean something else and whisk me off to the page of some product that bears no relation to what I sought.

It's been 73 days (2 and a half months) of the store search being broken. At the very least, REMOVE THE DEFAULT HIDE ITEMS I OWN. But how hard could it be to simply institute a full text search for the store? Evidently, very hard, very Daz hard indeed.

• VisuimagVisuimag Posts: 551
    edited January 2021

Have they fixed the Log In issue yet? I have not been able to add things to my Wishlist in at least a month!

Edit: Spoke too soon. Looks like they have! 

Post edited by Visuimag on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,316

xyer0 said:

Before November 2020, when I would get an idea for a render, I would open a document and begin typing in the assets/products for consideration. The biggest part of this process was coming to daz3d.com to use the store search to find candidates. Sometimes I would have to resort to my Product Library when a product had been removed from the store. However, mostly I used the store search to find products I already owned to use in my renders. But no more.

Nowadays, I had better know the exact name of the product I'm looking for and hope that the search AIgnorance doesn't guess I mean something else and whisk me off to the page of some product that bears no relation to what I sought.

It's been 73 days (2 and a half months) of the store search being broken. At the very least, REMOVE THE DEFAULT HIDE ITEMS I OWN. But how hard could it be to simply institute a full text search for the store? Evidently, very hard, very Daz hard indeed.

And with the majority of READMES missing its harder to find out where stuff I own is.

Still no gallery either. 

• scorpio said:

xyer0 said:

And with the majority of READMES missing its harder to find out where stuff I own is.

Still no gallery either. 

I'm not sure that the majority of readmes are outright missing, but you can get a file list from Install Manager to help with locating files (right-click on the item> Show Installed Files. You could also use the http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/metadata/list_product_files/start script

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,316

Richard Haseltine said:

scorpio said:

xyer0 said:

Still no gallery either. 

I'm not sure that the majority of readmes are outright missing, but you can get a file list from Install Manager to help with locating files (right-click on the item> Show Installed Files. You could also use the http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/metadata/list_product_files/start script

Yes its what I've been doing, but leaving the DIM open has its own problems. 
    As i've said before very few are there, it would be nice to know they are at least working on and are aware. 

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,514
    edited January 2021

xyer0 said:

+1 Finding assets to compliment an idea or project requires a note from God and I don't have one. Surely there must be a decline in sales, because I'm not the only one searching and coming up with nada.

Edit: Why not implement a 'friends' table system for products . . . something that wont' break the store. Like this product likes this. Or tags?

Post edited by ArtAngel on

On a positive note: Todays release appears overpriced but it's in my cart because it's unique and well done and quality is worth prurchasing. Kudos to the PA's and thanks for the messages/discounts for owning Daz dog 8 and the wolf.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,821

scorpio said:

Still no gallery either. 

Most of the readmes seem to be there, but weirdly invisible. There's some sort of communication issue with the API. If you get the message starting "This is a placeholder....", the content appears to be actually present, but not getting pulled into the page. If you then reload the page once or twice (... or 10-20 times or so), the content will appear. (...Eventually.) Same issue with the file lists attached to the readme.

If it says "This page could not be found", then the content genuinely does not seem to be there at all. 

vwrangler said:

scorpio said:

Still no gallery either. 

Most of the readmes seem to be there, but weirdly invisible. There's some sort of communication issue with the API. If you get the message starting "This is a placeholder....", the content appears to be actually present, but not getting pulled into the page. If you then reload the page once or twice (... or 10-20 times or so), the content will appear. (...Eventually.) Same issue with the file lists attached to the readme.

If it says "This page could not be found", then the content genuinely does not seem to be there at all. 

I do this but was afraid to mention it in case they pulled it down. I was warned in a PM to be careful about what I shared because "Daz spies ruin it for others"
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

vwrangler said:

scorpio said:

Still no gallery either. 

Perhaps it should say "This page is playing hard to get" or "How much do you really want to see this page?  What are you prepared to do?"

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,821

ArtAngel said:

I do this but was afraid to mention it in case they pulled it down. I was warned in a PM to be careful about what I shared because "Daz spies ruin it for others"

In this case, at least, Daz_Rawb is the one who mentioned that the content was there and that the API was having problems, so I hope they aren't worried about us repeating what he told us.

It would be nice if we could get a status report on what the priorities on what gets fixed are. I know they're aware that the new search engine is ... problematic, to put it mildly, and the readmes are problematic, but less so, and some people have had issues with the product library, and and and ... so where are we now, anyway?

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,092

I just got logged out...for the first time in over two weeks!  Don't tell me they broke that again!   frown

Dana

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

patience55 said:

As you can tell by my posting via an alternative account, the forum is kicking out more and more accounts. Wild guess it has something to do with the signing in procedures. Not signed in, one can see the forums, as it signs one in - it kicks them out and goes to an oops page.

I had that problem too - at the moment (as of today) it seems to be resolved.

Fun getting PMs and not knowing how to answer ... yay. Not.

• Yeah! Yes back in the forums again [with the right account]! Product library items again loading too :-)

Let's hope it all stays put now lol ...

Invisible ink: When it comes to being careful what information is shared, that tends to be about sales glitches. Rule of thumb, if you're buying it, buy it. THEN tell people. If you run in here [you get logged out of store] to tell people and then go back to the store [get relogged into store] - you'll quite possibly find the glitch has been fixed or pulled or somehow made not available.

• bjoernb78bjoernb78 Posts: 135

I usually use firefox to visit the store. Unfortunately my already purchased products don't get hidden in store as it should be. This only affects products, I've purchased after change to the new store. Purchases I did before stay hidden as it should be.

In google chrome all products stay hidden in store catalogue after purchase as it should be, except in some product carousels.

Also Daz-Deals Browser Add-on only works good in chrome and has some bugs in firefox.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,083

bjoernb78 said:

Also Daz-Deals Browser Add-on only works good in chrome and has some bugs in firefox.

That, unfortunately, is an issue with the new release of Firefox—not the Daz store. We're investigating. You can see the latest known issues of the addon in its own thread over here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/454726/announcing-daz-deals-browser-add-on-ii#latest

Aaaaaand - no swirlies in the product library anymore! Yay!

• NathNath Posts: 2,719

Kerya said:

Did a spot check of several of mine. Can confirm that the swirlies have gone.

edited January 2021

Nath said:

Kerya said:

I did a spot check AND ran Taoz' nifty little software. The only errors it found were PC memberships and GCs. 

Unfortunately the downloads for some things are still missing:

https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_12210/ (not in the store anymore, textures by Moyra for UrbanFae)

https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_2871 that's https://www.daz3d.com/aiko-3-0-clothing-pack

https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_4184 (pwSurface, not available anymore)

Post edited by Kerya on
  • 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,282

I just checked all my swirlies (only 13 luckily) and they are all fixed, so I closed the ticket I had open

• ArkathanArkathan Posts: 65
    edited January 2021

Arkathan said:

Is anyone else getting a message at checkout saying, 

Haven't been able to order even free items since New Year's Eve. Tried on different browsers and different computers. Can't use store credit or cards to purchase either.

I guess not. I still can't make any orders after loading up my store credit from Christmas... crying

They finally fixed it today. Thanks.

Post edited by Arkathan on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,739
    edited January 2021

Kerya said:

Nath said:

Kerya said:

I did a spot check AND ran Taoz' nifty little software. The only errors it found were PC memberships and GCs. 

I didn't report mine to see if they did a general fix, apparently they did since mine are fixed too.

There are a lot of libray pages with bad HTML tags though, like missing start or end tags.  Space Relic which you pointed out having errors is an odd one, try to toggle between it and another, each time it will append its file list to the other item.  See screenshot.   A page refresh will remove the appends though.

space_relic_append.png
    1628 x 4850 - 820K
    Post edited by Taoz on
  • cher21cher21 Posts: 54

Arkathan said:

Arkathan said:

Is anyone else getting a message at checkout saying, 

I guess not. I still can't make any orders after loading up my store credit from Christmas... crying

Put in a Help Ticket to Sales/Accounts. Best way. Many people did have issues with not being able to place orders but there wasn't anything really clear-cut about why (although in my case, primarily an address issue - I do not live in the USA but one of the updates put me there which meant my credit card would never be approved). Regardless, I found the Help Desk very helpful, and relatively quick about helping to get things straightened out. 

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

I've checked about 100 of the 600 swirlies and they appear to be fixed. I've closed this ticket but customer service has been very nice and said the web team has addressed several issues in the past few days. :) 

This discussion has been closed.