!! Store Issues - Known Problems - Please Read !!

Comments

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Hmm.  Wiki's down.  Maybe the readmes are getting some love.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203

Sevrin said:

Hmm.  Wiki's down.  Maybe the readmes are getting some love.

That's the "glass half full" way of looking at missing services. laugh We can only hope!

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,262

barbult said:

DIM showed 3 product updates today. They show up in Daz Studio as duplicate products. Daz Studio Smart Content now shows 2 products with the same name for the following products:
    Only Dress for Genesis 8 Female
    SBibb Kitten Poses and Morph
    Reindeer Irradiator and Poses

Any attempt to access "More Information" from Daz Studio for these products displays Gateway Timeout. 

I submitted a help request.

Those three were Christmas 2020 freebies, and they seem to have stuck around as permanent items. Most of the rest are gone, but there are a few others still available. Not free, though, heh.

• barbult said:

DIM showed 3 product updates today. They show up in Daz Studio as duplicate products. Daz Studio Smart Content now shows 2 products with the same name for the following products:

Any attempt to access "More Information" from Daz Studio for these products displays Gateway Timeout. 

You will get the timeout for all readmes today. Seems the server has gone south (again). 

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,022

NylonGirl said:

I paid for Ludovica about three hours before this message.

https://www.daz3d.com/ludovica-hd-for-genesis-8-female

So far it isn't showing up in DAZ Install Manager or DAZ Connect.

Same here, no way to DL at all. 

• TJohn said:

NylonGirl said:

Still true?

• I also purchased Ludovica yesterday but still have no download available in DIM (just checked again 3 minutes ago).

• Thomas63 said:

I also purchased Ludovica yesterday but still have no download available in DIM (just checked again 3 minutes ago).

Thanks, I will report this.

• The 4hrs flash sale that just started is going "opps" if the promo is clicked.

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,511

Richard Haseltine said:

TJohn said:

NylonGirl said:

Still true?

The problem seems to be fixed now. 

• NotAnArtistNotAnArtist Posts: 367
    edited January 2021

I always download manually, but it's not working now. (I just logged in a few minutes ago). If there's a problem with DIM, would that likely also affect the ability to download manually?

I can't find anything wrong with my browser, and I did download from Rendero a half hour ago. I turned off NoScript. Can't think of anything else but that the problem is with daz3d.com.

PS - I also logged out and logged back in again. No change.
    PPS - OK, I just read another forum thread and it's a known problem.

Post edited by NotAnArtist on
  • KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

barbult said:

For me DIM also shows 2 updates for Accelerator for Ultrascenery and also Accelerator for Ultrascenery for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win64 bit), why two?  Aren't they the same thing?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203

Kharma said:

barbult said:

For me DIM also shows 2 updates for Accelerator for Ultrascenery and also Accelerator for Ultrascenery for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win64 bit), why two?  Aren't they the same thing?

Over in the UltraScenery thread someone posted that you need both and they are not the same.  

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

barbult said:

Kharma said:

barbult said:

Over in the UltraScenery thread someone posted that you need both and they are not the same.  

thanks, I will check that out! 

• Downloads are kaputz. Page recycles. No downloading happens. angry

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

Catherine3678ab said:

Downloads are kaputz. Page recycles. No downloading happens. angry

????

I just went to my product library, selected a product, clicked on Download zip in the "manual" column ... download worked.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

I have had download failures since yesterday. And my Postgre SQL won't load up. Still won't. 

Novica said:

I have had download failures since yesterday. And my Postgre SQL won't load up. Still won't. 

So what should I do????  This is ridiculous. I can't download anything, and the Postgre SQL won't install. I submitted a ticket but that could be WEEKS and there has to be something that can be done. 

Can you download on another device, just to see if it can be done (that would prove your account and connection aren't the problem)? PostgreSQL problems shouldn't prevent you from downloading. There are no postgres.exe tasks in Task Manager -> Details?

NorthOf45 said:

Can you download on another device, just to see if it can be done (that would prove your account and connection aren't the problem)? PostgreSQL problems shouldn't prevent you from downloading. There are no postgres.exe tasks in Task Manager -> Details?

Nope, nothing there. The Postgre SQL I'm trying to install is the Postgre SQL CMS  (Win 64 bit) one. I read if you have the Valentina Conversion one, it bumps out other Postgre SQLs, so all were uninstalled when I couldn't get the Win 64 bit one (without the Valentina) installed.  And this keeps popping up, but it won't let me install.

Screenshot 2021-01-21 102006.jpg
    508 x 641 - 74K

Uncheck the "Install DAZ Studio Components" and the "Show Automatically". That will allow you to get to the "normal" view where you can download and install as usual. You can then verify your package archive folder, installation locations and change the database location, if you like. I've never changed the DB myself, but maybe the location that popup wants to use is causing the problem.

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

If you click on any of the Victoria 8.1 product thumbnails to try and get to the product page, they only link to daz3d.com

• Novica said:

NorthOf45 said:

Nope, nothing there. The Postgre SQL I'm trying to install is the Postgre SQL CMS  (Win 64 bit) one. I read if you have the Valentina Conversion one, it bumps out other Postgre SQLs, so all were uninstalled when I couldn't get the Win 64 bit one (without the Valentina) installed.  And this keeps popping up, but it won't let me install.

The Valentina to PostgreSQL  Conversion dosn't installanything, bar a placeholdeer file I think. It just creates a PostgreSQL database from the existing Valentina database. "Installing" it wouldn't do any good on a system without a Valentina database, but it wouldn't do any harm either.

The pop-up is just telling you that one or more of the parts of the Daz Studio suite of parts is not installed - it doesn'rt mean none of the parts are. You can just turn off the option to have it show automatically and run through the Install manager list manually (especially if you don't want some of the things it includes).

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

One thing about Daz that's always bothered me is that frequently stuff like G8.1 and Filament shows up without sufficient documentation or explanation.  Witness the confusion about what does and doesn't work with Genesis 8.1 or how they will affect our workflow.  These are things that reasonable people who use Daz Studio regularly, and have made investments in Daz assets would want to be informed about.  We still don't know what Daz's plans regarding Filament are.

On a positive note, the Product Index (ReadMe's) has been updated to include up to the 80K's. Still get the placeholder page more often than not, though. Refresh, refresh, refresh....

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,713

Why is it that clicking on DOWNLOAD DAZ STUDIO (on the main page) takes me to a page where I can download Daz Central, and Daz Central only? This place is like a psyop.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

xyer0 said:

Why is it that clicking on DOWNLOAD DAZ STUDIO (on the main page) takes me to a page where I can download Daz Central, and Daz Central only? This place is like a psyop.

DIM is still here, but very, very, very hard to find ... don't ask me about my opinion about Daz Central.

https://www.daz3d.com/install-manager-info/

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,713
    edited January 2021

Kerya said:

xyer0 said:

DIM is still here, but very, very, very hard to find ... don't ask me about my opinion about Daz Central.

https://www.daz3d.com/install-manager-info/

I'd be fine with DIM not being there, but I clicked on text that said DOWNLOAD DAZ STUDIO, and there's NO DAZ STUDIO. After hearing all the horror stories from the hapless guinea pigs, I mean, first adopters of Daz Central, I never went near it, although it is deceptively placed everywhere so that it can be inadvertently downloaded. Somebody must get a commission for Daz Central downloads. 

Post edited by xyer0 on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,534

Something has happened... I found myself being logged out off the forum, had to log back in with the blue man.

Since sometime in December, the forum has treated me as perpetually logged in irrespective of my logging status, except for the week it gave me the "Oops" page.

• Forum issue - getting worse ... attachments keep disappearing.

This discussion has been closed.