Introduce Yourself, Hello, my name is.....

Comments

• Gio BlackGio Black Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

@Miss B;

Thanks for the heads up

Gio

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Gio Black said:
    @Miss B;

Thanks for the heads up

Gio

We are real friendly in the Bryce forum, honest. :coolsmirk:

edited December 1969

@chohole (What is that short for or represent?)

I'll try to remember that as I am getting clubbed. :-)

I was able to get DS to send something to Bryce, but My machine ran 'Out of memory'. I have 4GB of RAM in my HP Mobile Workstation, but I just ordered 8GB to get me where I should be able to handle that error.

My question to Miss B was, is there a way to get animation created in DS 4.5 to move with animation created in Bryce 7.1? I was going to pose this question in your forum after I had the memory and gave it a shot on my own, but since I have your attention, could I just use the bridge in DS to get the DS animation to move with animation in Bryce as long as the frame rate and resolution are the same?

edited December 1969

chohole is short for Chohole Gate Lodge, which is the name of the house I was living in when I first joined a forum, many years ago and I have used it ever since.

Anything about Bryce animation you will need to pop over the Bryce forum and ask, as I know diddly squat about animation, but we do have an expert over there, his name is Ororboros, and others who know more than I do, which is not difficult. :coolsmirk:

edited December 1969

Great thanks for the help. See you on the other side!!

• ewelinaaaa8888ewelinaaaa8888 Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Hello it is really nice to meet you!!!

• slayor3000slayor3000 Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Hi peeps.

Name unimportant, reason I'm here..... to me it is.
    Gave up art a decade or more ago. Was good. But for diff reasons (theft of my art, destroyed in flood etc etc) , I gave up.
    Found DAZ, Thought at first was a little weird to go putting clothes on models (actually found Daz and Poser, old version giveaways on pc mag disks from years ago). Now, I see it as a whole new medium to explore for my art. It has rekindled what I had lost.
    Although I seem to have spent 90% of my time re-organising folders etc.

Anyways, while I am trying to sort out how to incorporate my own style with "new found medium", a couple of questions or where to ask these questions.

Q1..... Downloaded freebie clothes, made some new textures for them.. Can I upload, if so , where? What is most polite way to go about things.
    Q2...If I make something good and wish to sell, how do you go about copyrighting.....Please don't flame I am a total Noob and I doubt I'll ever be able to make anything worthy to enough to sell.

Oh yes. Last Question.... If I do upload is there a particular file structure that has to be adhered to. (I've actually changed mine all over the place, keep everything to do with a figure all in one folder.)

edited May 2013

#Q 1 no problems, IS what I do all the time, check the link in my sig bar.. A good place to start off distributing stuff is ShareCG.

#Q 2 As long as it is your original work then it is automatically your intellectual property, whether it is free or sold.

#Q3 I put my stuff in a runtime structure (poser style) because I am a poser user, and then NeilV sets the zip up again to add the DS stuff.

I will see if he has time to pop in and help you further. He is a bit fraught at the mo, End of year papers to do and exams coming up (mature Uni Student)

BTW any questions you may have. The New Users Help Forum is set up just to help people like you. We answer all sorts pf questions there. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/categories/97/

Oh and nearly forgot, Welcome to the DAZ 3D Froums

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Welcome to the DAZ forums ewelinaaaa8888 and slayor3000, and welcome to your latest addiction. :-)

• edited December 1969

Hey hey! :)

Just realised I've been a member here for about 30 years and never used the forums (too busy buying stuff, I guess!).

Sooo... I'm Alastair, 37, live just outside Belfast, northern Ireland. I'm part of a tech support team in our college and have been using Poser since 1998 or so. Currently building a storyboard using most of Jack Tomalin's stuff and hope to have a finished product by ... oh, December ... and I also brew my own beer. I also got engaged two months ago. :)

And now for the question of the morning - it's 9:05am and I'm not fully awake yet. How do I update my user profile?
    Photos, my website, all that kinda shennanigans? The 'My Account' button at the top of the page just give me details of all the glorious goodies I bought over the previous decade. :coolsmile:

Cheeeeers!

edited December 1969

Just realised I've been a member here for about 30 years and never used the forums (too busy buying stuff, I guess!).

Sooo... I'm Alastair, 37, live just outside Belfast, northern Ireland. I'm part of a tech support team in our college and have been using Poser since 1998 or so. Currently building a storyboard using most of Jack Tomalin's stuff and hope to have a finished product by ... oh, December ... and I also brew my own beer. I also got engaged two months ago. :)

And now for the question of the morning - it's 9:05am and I'm not fully awake yet. How do I update my user profile?
    Photos, my website, all that kinda shennanigans? The 'My Account' button at the top of the page just give me details of all the glorious goodies I bought over the previous decade. :coolsmile:

Cheeeeers!

Top right of the forum part of the screen, under the top DAZ 3D bar, little button that says "Your Control Panel"

And Hi and welcome

• KyricusKyricus Posts: 44
    edited December 1969

Hello Everyone,

Pen Name is Kyricus, I use that all over the net, real name is Tony.

I've been playing around with both Bryce and Daz for a number of months now and decided it's time to try and get a bit more "serious" about it. I'm an accountant by trade and writer/gamer/artist/motorcyclist/dabbler in other things as time permits.

Glad to be here and looking forward to any tips I may pick up and help thrown my way.

edited December 1969

Cheeeeers!

Well, there's a familiar face. Glad to see ya here and posting. ;-)
    edited December 1969

Welcome to the DAZ forums kyricus, and to your latest addiction. :-)

• rickjs70rickjs70 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Let me try this again. My first "hello" was removed because I mentioned an illegal downloading site. First of all, Hi, I have always been wanting to mess around with 3d animation but didn't want to have to pay several hundred of dollars to mess around with this, to see if I get it. Second I don't endorse illegal downloading of other peoples work. The only reason I mentioned it was because when I try to download Daz 3d pro, the free software from the store I get a 404 error. I figured it was free so no harm no fowl on my suggestion. Hopefully this won't get banned

edited May 2013

rickjs70 said:
    Let me try this again. My first "hello" was removed because I mentioned an illegal downloading site. First of all, Hi, I have always been wanting to mess around with 3d animation but didn't want to have to pay several hundred of dollars to mess around with this, to see if I get it. Second I don't endorse illegal downloading of other peoples work. The only reason I mentioned it was because when I try to download Daz 3d pro, the free software from the store I get a 404 error. I figured it was free so no harm no fowl on my suggestion. Hopefully this won't get banned

The main point to emphasise here is that the only way to legally download any DAZ Software or 3D content, whether it be free or paid for, is to download it here, at the DAZ 3D site and through the DAZ 3D store.

We did have a store problem which is now sorted out, it was a general problem and was affecting everyone. So you should now be able to download the copy of DS that you have ordered.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • rickjs70rickjs70 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Point taken, I'm still getting the 404 error

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,439
    edited December 1969

There seems to be issues with the store this weekend. I'm sure they'll get it fixed soon

• castlemcleancastlemclean Posts: 2
    edited June 2013

Hi, my name's Mike and I'm a brand new user to Daz Studio 4.6. I have only loaded the Studio and have not yet bought any content yet but was thinking about getting Victoria 5 but first I was wondering if the Victoria 4 products will work with it. A rookie question, to be sure, but I'm totally new to Daz3D and wasn't sure and didn't see anything specifically stating that Victoria 4 items are compatible with Victoria 5. Any help would be appreciated.

Post edited by castlemclean on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Hi, my name's Mike and I'm a brand new user to Daz Studio 4.6. I have only loaded the Studio and have not yet bought any content yet but was thinking about getting Victoria 5 but first I was wondering if the Victoria 4 products will work with it. A rookie question, to be sure, but I'm totally new to Daz3D and wasn't sure and didn't see anything specifically stating that Victoria 4 items are compatible with Victoria 5. Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome!

V4 skin textures will work on V5 (or any Genesis characters).
    Most V4 clothing will autofit to Genesis, but not all. The biggest trouble areas are footwear, long skirts, and flowing sleeves. There are several products in the store which can help with these issues, such as http://www.daz3d.com/sickle-rigging-and-morphing-system
    Morphs (shapes) for V4 won't work on Genesis directly, but can be converted to Genesis with http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-generation-x

• castlemcleancastlemclean Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Welcome!

V4 skin textures will work on V5 (or any Genesis characters).
    Most V4 clothing will autofit to Genesis, but not all. The biggest trouble areas are footwear, long skirts, and flowing sleeves. There are several products in the store which can help with these issues, such as http://www.daz3d.com/sickle-rigging-and-morphing-system
    Morphs (shapes) for V4 won't work on Genesis directly, but can be converted to Genesis with http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-generation-x

Thank you for the information!

edited December 1969

Don't forget to come visit in the New Users Help forum http://www.daz3d.com/forums/categories/97/ it is designed to help people like you.

• edited December 1969

Hello! like everyone else here, I am a new DAZ user. I dabbled with Poser back in 2001-02 and Terragen, but never really got the hang of it or satisfaction from it. But I am really liking DAZ Studio (actually I think I am a bit addicted already) things sure have changed in the last 10 years! I have been an artist most of my life, drawing, painting, photography; most recently to pass the time I got into Anime art, and was searching for software to help with the fine touches and painting. I found "Anime Studio" but it wasn't what I was looking for, I saw DAZ at that time but remembered the difficult learning curve with early poser and passed. A year later, I have DAZ! Spending a ton of time, reading and learning about CG. I don't like to dawdle though, I jump in with both feet when I can and learn as I go. I am a Gemini, so I have to results right away or I get bored, LOL!
    My first go round is below, it is rough and a continual WIP as I learn. I was playing with light and camera settings, this is rendered with the Open GL as I am having an issue with 3Delight dumping my backgrounds when they render; so I clearly have more reading to do!

Render_V5_Test.jpg
    802 x 570 - 276K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Welcome to the Forums. Nice render to. Tip #1 from me. Save Render as jpg and the Backdrop will stay. A png has a transparent Alpha channel that makes the BG look like it is gone.

• edited December 1969

Dang, I read that somewhere too, just wasn't making the connection, Thanks Jaderail!!

edited June 2013

Welcome from me as well, and I see Jade already beat me to the tip about saving as a JPG. ~smile~

BTW, this is not bad at all for a first render. It's good to keep tweaking as you learn, that way you can compare your progress as you go.

Post edited by Miss B on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

More than welcome, when you need more help hop into the New Users Forum and ask anything you like.

• Roseb44170Roseb44170 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Come on in and tell us about yourself!

Who are you? What inspires your artistic aspirations? Is Meatloaf your favorite food or favorite musician? What makes you the unique and lovable individual you are?

So drop on by, pull up a chair, and fill us in. We'd be very pleased to meet you!

My name is Rose and I live in the Philadelphia area. I work at home doing grant research. What inspires me could be absolutely anything ie the sun, the fog - almost anything.

My favorite food(s) is seafood and French fries.

I like listening to smooth jazz while I work.

My first 3d program was Bryce and I found out that there were other such 3d programs. I would like to create gothic, classic scenes.

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,819
    edited December 1969

Come on in and tell us about yourself!

Who are you? What inspires your artistic aspirations? Is Meatloaf your favorite food or favorite musician? What makes you the unique and lovable individual you are?

So drop on by, pull up a chair, and fill us in. We'd be very pleased to meet you!

My name is Rose and I live in the Philadelphia area. I work at home doing grant research. What inspires me could be absolutely anything ie the sun, the fog - almost anything.

My favorite food(s) is seafood and French fries.

I like listening to smooth jazz while I work.

My first 3d program was Bryce and I found out that there were other such 3d programs. I would like to create gothic, classic scenes.

Hiya Rose :) Nice to meet you!

edited December 1969

Hey Rose, I also started with Bryce, except I did it over 10 years ago. That's how long I've been playing in 3D. ~smile~

Anyway, welcome to the DAZ forums, and to your latest addiction. ~wink~