Orderly Chaos - Just a Bowl of Gelatin

2»

Comments

• OroborosOroboros Posts: 326
    edited December 1969

I did start a thread a few years ago called "Show Us Your Bryce Animations" but I think I was the only person who posted in it and it quickly got lost through lack of use.

I remember seeing it, but I knew it wasn't going to get a lot of use. I could explain why, but I'm already in danger of hijacking this thread, so I'll say: I'm busy doing another project after hours on Blender, but I'll see if I can spare an hour or two to make wobbly jelly - that is, jelly that actually wobbles, refracts and deforms in a bowl :)

And the AML is your friend :D

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,184
    edited December 1969

CTippetts said:
    My quick go at Jelly...

Well, I can't beat that. You did fantastic. Your "quick go" is much better than my long frustrating attempts. It really looks good!

Um, Mermaid; if I were you, I'd have some of Dave's. It'll be awhile before mine is done, and I'm quite sure it won't be as good.

I will have Dave's jelly for now, but I'm not going anywhere so I will wait for your bowl of jelly too. Take your time. :)

edited December 1969

Just mucking around...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTb1DC2Wko0

I giggle every time I see this :)

...wibble wobble wibble...

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

Oroboros: That's pretty neat, for just mucking around.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,294
    edited December 1969

Looks great. Looks like a natural slow-motion movie.

edited December 1969

Thanks guys :) I was more interested in tweaking the soft body physics than the optics or materials. the lime jelly I'm used to seeing is a far brighter, 'radioactive' green :-D

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,184
    edited December 1969

Oroboros: That’s cool bowl of wobbly jelly.

• CTippettsCTippetts Posts: 162
    edited December 1969

I really like the glass bowl as well. It adds much to the effect. Good job, Oroboros!