Mini Gallery - While the Gallery is Down

3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
I miss the gallery, and while I know they're working to get it back up, I thought it would be fun to start a little Mini Gallery to see what everyone has been up to. Please feel free to post your artwork here. I'd love to see what everyone has been up to with their renders. :)

Comments

• Dashing Through The Snow

Dashing Through The Snow.jpg
    2009 x 1425 - 3M
  • nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,255
    edited December 2020

I am having a ChangelingChick moment by rendering CC Elandor and CC Magnus:

celtic.jpeg
    1610 x 1261 - 402K
    Elandor.jpeg
    1610 x 1261 - 545K
    Post edited by nemesis10 on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,112

My Cabbages!

Mutterly Love, for Llola Lane's monthly challenge thread (theme was dirty/clean)

Downtime, for It's Raining Men

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,126

I've been working mostly in Marvelous Designer 10, trying out the new Autofit feature and the incorporation of Substance SBSAR texture files. And of course, I still use UltraScenery a lot.

G8F Long Sleeve Polo Hana Leggings Fitted Autofit SBSAR Textures_PC3.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 659K
    G8F Hana Garments Autofit SBSAR Textures_PC3.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 748K
    USC Dirt Track 5 Pines 3 Copy.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 593K

Prowl

"God damn it mom, not again!"

Here's one I made with the free Holiday Hallway and a bunch of other miscellaneous unrelated stuff I got in a sale. There is no rhyme or reason to it.

Zelara Holiday Hallway Wild West_001_HH Camera DOF-denoise_PLem.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 308K
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,922

Not much...I was debating making an entry for the It's Raining Men contest but decided I'd rather finish my house's DIY by Dec 31 instead. I'm that slow. I still may make an entry if I get my walls painted fast enough now that the floors are finished finally.

I did make these attached below though since the gallery has been down. While I don't make much I find I do miss posting the occasion render there and seeing other's renders there too.

I'm appreciative now that I have bought so many DAZ products and interactive licenses how I can put together a scenario pretty easily whether for single render, animation, or a game. Almost 1-Click art, really. I even got closer to that toddler's appearance on that old Van Halen 1984 album cover then I imagined possible pretty easily. It did still take a few hours to setup & pose each of the scenes not counting render times. If you count the way I will add an element to a scene, get bored & completely ignore DAZ Studio, leave DS open a few days, and get back in the mood again, these scenes all took anywhere from a few days to between a week and two weeks. 

They are definately a reflection on the sophistication of iRay and the modeling talents of the PAs and original magazine ad illustrators that made the orginal pictures I used as I did no post except a Windows "Picture" filter on two of them (1984 (warm & brightness filter called "Sahara" I think) & Boys of Summer (a white vignette filter (called "Icarus" I think) which DAZ Studio actually has built in too had I realized then that I needed the white vignette filter (in Tone Mappings section) to make the scene look more old fashioned).

The angel boy with the candy cigarettes is based on a painting by Margo Nahas, the couple on a date is based on a painting by famous western artist Charlie Dye, and the boys playing ball is based on illustration by famous ad illustrator J.C. Leyendecker although my render has much more detail than his illustration as I didn't try to match the render as closely on that illustration as I did the other two.

Have a good weekend.

Van Halen - MCMLXXXIV.jpg
    1920 x 1920 - 454K
    Boys of Summer.jpg
    1920 x 1920 - 389K
    Date at the Dunes.png
    1920 x 1920 - 5M
  • watchdog79watchdog79 Posts: 1,026

Great idea, @3Diva. Here is a New Year card from me, using one of my latest Steampunk themed renders.

Pour Féliciter 2021 to everyone.smiley

PF 2021_signed.jpg
    1920 x 1920 - 624K
  • clcny20clcny20 Posts: 176

• BandoriFanBandoriFan Posts: 364
    edited December 2020

I used a spotlight to normalize his color 

Getting the hair to work with the hat was tough but I did it. I swapped out the boots with shoes and socks from the Gou Luk bundle

I worked a lot on this one between dforcing the skirt and blazer and setting things just right including timeline poses to encourage specific folds and trying to get the leather looking polished but not too glossy. I had to hide so much stuff out of the camera's view.  I used lights from Boss Pro Lights 

Cyberpunk Wizard 1 Resized.png
    1800 x 2340 - 7M
    Spacestation 3 Resized.png
    1600 x 2080 - 7M
    Sophia Outfit 4.png
    2000 x 2600 - 6M
    Space Yordles 5 Resized.png
    1800 x 2340 - 6M
    Post edited by BandoriFan on
    edited December 2020

@BandoriFan - Your images do not show for me.This is what I see:

Page Not Found

The page you were looking for could not be found.

EDIT: The images are there now.
    Post edited by watchdog79 on
  • watchdog79 said:

Great idea, @3Diva. Here is a New Year card from me, using one of my latest Steampunk themed renders.

Pour Féliciter 2021 to everyone.smiley

Aww that was sweet! The lighting works really good with the outfit 

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    edited December 2020

I'm loving the renders! You all are awesome! :D

Here's one of my latest.

G8F Millawa 8 w Motorcycle 5.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 929K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,153

Geat Idea Diva, How fun :)

here a couple of mine from a test scene for a animation.

exploer 01.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 193K
    exploer 02.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 207K

Ivy said:

That will be an interesting video. I like the way you have the dust flying up. Can you animate that? 

edited December 2020

barbult said:

Ivy said:

That will be an interesting video. I like the way you have the dust flying up. Can you animate that? 

The desert is by Hamelons at rendo.  the FX tool is  called "dust and trail" tool by nerds3d I got it a while back when nerds use to be here at daz , easy to set up and render.   it does a great job at making dust trails it still works great in daz 4.12.0.86 it was made for 3delight but I rework the textures for iray its a great fx tool for animations within daz . could use a update to the materials though they appear black unless you make them emissive for iray

this is a screen shot of the scene and how it sets up I took this froma dual monitor set up so it a pretty big image you may want to click it see it better

Capture.JPG
    3017 x 1011 - 270K
    2.jpg
    1753 x 845 - 142K
    Post edited by Ivy on

Ivy said:

barbult said:

Ivy said:

The desert is by Hamelons at rendo.  the FX tool is  called "smoke and dust" tool by nerds3d I got it a while back when nerds use to be here at daz , easy to set up and render.   it does a great job at making dust trails it still works great in daz 4.12.0.86 it was made for 3delight but I rework the textures for iray its a great fx tool for animations within daz . could use a update to the materials though they appear black unless you make them emissive for iray

this is a screen shot of the scene and how it sets up I took this froma dual monitor set up so it a pretty big image you may want to click it see it better

Thanks for the information. Be sure to post a link to the video when it is done. 

edited December 2020

Noemi renders. I'm experimenting with different shader settings 

Trench Coat Outfit 2.png
    2000 x 2600 - 5M
    Trench Coat Outfit Skirt 5.png
    2000 x 2600 - 6M
    Post edited by BandoriFan on
  • The gallery is coming soon!

Something simple I threw together.

481_REDIGERING.jpg
    3900 x 2758 - 5M

Here is the latest version of a scene I have been working on. It takes place in my own Steampunk themed world. 

Breeze

Breeze 2.jpg
    1440 x 1080 - 233K
    edited December 2020

This is a combination of Zelara and Sydney. The dress was made in MD and the "leggings" are just a shader applied to a geoshell. I like the messy hair, which is Various Age Bob Hair.

Sydney Zelara Various Age Bob Hair_001_PLem.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 1M
    Post edited by barbult on
    edited December 2020

Thanks @Mattymanx for the new eyes and @Lyoness for the new makeup. And thanks for supporting both genders!

Valentino 8 HD PS.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,255
    edited December 2020

I am still enjoying the cyberpunk stuff;

CBHabben.jpg
    1484 x 1229 - 349K
    Post edited by nemesis10 on

Big Softy

• LyonessLyoness Posts: 1,609

barbult said:

Thanks @Mattymanx for the new eyes and @Lyoness for the new makeup. And thanks for supporting both genders!

My pleasure.... gotta keep expanding the repertoire!

barbult said:

yes 

Wrong side of the fence.... Again!

edited December 2020

Gordig said:

Big Softy

That is actually very touching. Nice job. and great idea

Post edited by Ivy on
    edited December 2020

nemesis10 said: