[Released] Vulpinefolk for Genesis 8 Bundle [Commercial]

2»

Comments

• Is there a way to use this fur with geoshell clothing? I like the fitfur morph for normal clothes, but I was hoping there was maybe some way I can make parts of the fur's UV map invisible, like with an opacity map. I tried once, but it didn't seem to work on the fur of the figure.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,889

tsuisutoshin said:

I need help with the model, the fur is not appearing!

You need to render it. It will not appear in preview.

DefaultName: You could create a density or scale mask/map to add to the fur, but you'll have to combine it with the existing maps. My recommendation would be combining your mask with the noise map in PR Generated Hair Scale.

I've played with masks like this before and considered including them in products, but they are EXTREMELY fussy and need to mesh precisely with the edges of clothing. What I ended up realizing was that I'd pretty much have to make a mask tailored to specific items of clothing (which is the point where I went with the fit angle)

• Oso3D said:

DefaultName: You could create a density or scale mask/map to add to the fur, but you'll have to combine it with the existing maps. My recommendation would be combining your mask with the noise map in PR Generated Hair Scale.

I've played with masks like this before and considered including them in products, but they are EXTREMELY fussy and need to mesh precisely with the edges of clothing. What I ended up realizing was that I'd pretty much have to make a mask tailored to specific items of clothing (which is the point where I went with the fit angle)

Great, I appreciate your quick and informative reply. I tried what you said, and that solved it perfectly, I aligned the maps in PS and got what I wanted, thank you! Now to work on things like masks accesories, which don't proc from furfit, but aren't geoshells either, but that should be MUCH easier to manage now.

Also, I'm not sure if this bug will happen again, but my entire figure seemed to disappear from one of my scenes - It's still present and marked 'visible' in the scene's node window, but is not showing at all. Luckily, I had backup files and am working out of that in case it happens again.

• wjpblathwaytwjpblathwayt Posts: 43
    edited July 2021

Oso3D said:

Another option would be going into the Surface settings and change 'Additional PR Hairs Density' to 1/4 the value, and maybe bump up 'Line Start Width' by 2x or 4x.

It won't look as good, but it will be lighter on rendering.

Thank you so much for this!!  You've saved 2 characters from the oblivion of NeverUse.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Where is 'Additional PR Hairs Density' and 'Line Start Width'indecision

• rockey66612 said:

Where is 'Additional PR Hairs Density' and 'Line Start Width'indecision

They're under Surfaces. Select the Rayna or Reynard Fur on the Scene tab, then click 'Al'l or 'Currently Used' on the Surfaces tab and find them with the search box.

• @Oso3d I tried your suggestions. Reyna test render with an outfit and a go-to HDRI went from "Computer immediately froze up" to 8+ minutes for full render! I am going to try a few more tests upping the 2 settings, 1 at a time, bit by bit, to see where HAL2.5's limits are. 

(Yes, that is my laptop's name)

HAL is a 9 year old ASUS with i7-6500U CPU 64 bit & NVIDIA GeForce 940M 

Good luck! Admittedly, 'full body hair' is the kind of thing that's going to really push a machine.

• Oso3D said:

Good luck! Admittedly, 'full body hair' is the kind of thing that's going to really push a machine.

I did have good luck. Increasing Line Start Density to 4x (1.60) from the 2x (0.80) I used on the earlier test upped the render time to 12+ minutes, but makes a noticeable difference.

So I will probably go with Line Start Density 4x/1.60 and Additional PR Density = of 1/4 (100). Hope this helps others with lower end systems.

No to see what happens when I add more to the scene.