Ape World 2 [Commercial]

RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,787
edited September 2014 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Ape World 2

http://www.daz3d.com/rawart

The popular Ape World series returns with new and exciting characters.
The Ape World2 Set, brings a new level of reality to the series. The accurate ape like proportions look natural in hidden jungles as well as new rulers in a modern urban apocalypse.

Hand crafted HD morphs, stunning textures and real (LAMH) fur bring this character to unsurpassed levels of realism.

Dramatic simian inspired poses for your Genesis 2 Male figure, designed to work with the "Ape World 2" series of characters. Hunting, Jumping, Swinging or just hanging around, these poses will give your characters life-like jungle action.

Products Include:

• 15 Simian poses
• Ape World 2 Chimpanzee
• Ape World 2 Orangutan
• Ape World 2 Gorilla

• BONUS Darwin the Toon Chimp for Genesis1

00-Darwin-Main-daz3d.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 335K
00-AW2Orang-Main-daz3d.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 649K
00-AW2Gorilla-Main-daz3d.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 361K
00-AW2Chimp-Main-daz3d.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 392K
00-AW2Bundle-Main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 440K
Post edited by RawArt on

Comments

• TDXTDX Posts: 33
    edited December 1969

Okay, it's been over 2 hours since your post & Ape World 2 still isn't available for purchase... :)

This looks awesome! Great work...

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,787
    edited December 1969

Soooooooooooon!!!! ;)

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

I guess my question would be...

How well does it transfer to G2F via GenX2?

(I was really hoping this would be Genesis 1 so I could have both genders easily)

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited September 2014

MY GOODNESS.

I want that damn much, I'm crazy for primates! And these are actually quite realistic. I liked the skins for Generation 4, but the morphs weren't animal-like, they were truly anthropomorphic and stylised. These are almost animals! I am dying to render the Librarian from UU and Darwin is sooo cute!

Please, tell me both genders will be supported. And kiddies! With female chimps, though, you have to remember to include the female rump morph. The male orangutan should have the chin pads upper on the face. I'm including some great reference images if you still have time to adjust the morph:

http://monkeyworld.org/meet-our-primates/tuans-orangutans.htm
    http://monkeyworld.org/meet-our-primates/gordons-orangutans.htm
    http://monkeyworld.org/meet-our-primates/nursery-orangutans.htm

Post edited by cecilia.robinson on
  • ValandarValandar Posts: 1,417
    edited December 1969

Please remember, Cecilia, these aren't pure apes. They're ape-man HYBRIDS.

edited December 1969

The difference between this and the generation 4 versions is largely due to the versatility of the genesis mesh and the rigging in d/s.
    Previously we could not make such extreme shapes without gross distortion in posing due to how it is rigged. The improvements that DAZ has innovated in the genesis series of figures and D/S itself makes such things possible.
    That said there will always be some limitations as to how far a mesh can be distorted, and some allowances have to be made. The cheek and chin pads on the orangutan were a particular point of contention as there were not nearly enough polygons there for what needed to be done, but in the end I am quite pleased with how they turned out, and I am sure you will be as well.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,328
    edited December 1969

RawArt said:
    The difference between this and the generation 4 versions is largely due to the versatility of the genesis mesh and the rigging in d/s.
    Previously we could not make such extreme shapes without gross distortion in posing due to how it is rigged. The improvements that DAZ has innovated in the genesis series of figures and D/S itself makes such things possible.
    That said there will always be some limitations as to how far a mesh can be distorted, and some allowances have to be made. The cheek and chin pads on the orangutan were a particular point of contention as there were not nearly enough polygons there for what needed to be done, but in the end I am quite pleased with how they turned out, and I am sure you will be as well.

Oh I have so wanted an Orangutan and he looks just perfect.

• edited December 1969

They're great! And I love Darwin. Will the Dog World characters be far behind?

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,783
    edited September 2014

Looks wonderful but then all your work does. Is this for G2M? (but not G2F?)

Post edited by Sfariah D on
  • whispers65whispers65 Posts: 952
    edited December 1969

Thanks Raw! I've been down in the dumps for a while now and haven't purchased much at all compared to normal spending habits but it took about 2 seconds to add the bundle to my cart and put a smile on my face.

edited December 1969

Thanks Raw! I've been down in the dumps for a while now and haven't purchased much at all compared to normal spending habits but it took about 2 seconds to add the bundle to my cart and put a smile on my face.

Glad to help ;)

edited September 2014

NOW HERE!!

Ape World 2

http://www.daz3d.com/rawart

The popular Ape World series returns with new and exciting characters.
    The Ape World2 Set, brings a new level of reality to the series. The accurate ape like proportions look natural in hidden jungles as well as new rulers in a modern urban apocalypse.

Hand crafted HD morphs, stunning textures and real (LAMH) fur bring this character to unsurpassed levels of realism.

Dramatic simian inspired poses for your Genesis 2 Male figure, designed to work with the "Ape World 2" series of characters. Hunting, Jumping, Swinging or just hanging around, these poses will give your characters life-like jungle action.

Post edited by RawArt on
  • DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451
    edited December 1969

I love it, I had to do a double take once I seen the toon chimp in the mix, I seen it in the email and thought it looked cool but thought it was by 3D Universe and was shocked it was in the bundle, it doesn't fit in being tooney but at the same time it does because of the theme, the bundles definitely a must buy

• IkyotoIkyoto Posts: 1,159
    edited December 1969

I ha to get the chimp. got the first and this is to cool! I love Raw's stuff! But not in the "mommy, he's touchin' me" way...

edited December 1969

Glad you like the toon chimp too :)

Rawn

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,996
    edited December 1969

Great characters, and great poses! Thank you for a great bundle! :D

Here's a quick test render with Darwin and the Ape 2 Chimp, used the LAMH version. Interestingly, Darwin is larger than Ape 2 Chimp, so if you want to use him in other settings, the guy needs downscaling. :)

Apes.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 400K
  • agsears_f6a68cb825agsears_f6a68cb825 Posts: 169
    edited December 1969

The chimp is really amazing! I immediately used him for an idea I had, and though the render is pretty rough, it turned out really good!

Well done, Rawart!

~Alexa

chimp.png
    1075 x 768 - 2M
    jarvis-kansas-HUD-text.png
    1075 x 830 - 2M
    wrong-planet.jpg
    1075 x 830 - 308K
    edited December 1969

lee_lhs said:

Here's a quick test render with Darwin and the Ape 2 Chimp, used the LAMH version. Interestingly, Darwin is larger than Ape 2 Chimp, so if you want to use him in other settings, the guy needs downscaling. :)

Didn't figure the two would likely be used in the same scene..so was not worried.

Rawn

edited December 1969

The chimp is really amazing! I immediately used him for an idea I had, and though the render is pretty rough, it turned out really good!

Well done, Rawart!

~Alexa

Very cool Alexa :)

Rawn

• TDXTDX Posts: 33
    edited December 1969

Got it! For the Punch Promotion it's actually better to buy all 4 individually (Ape/Chimp/Orangutan/Toon) instead of the bundle... 3 or more bumps it to 50% off (instead of 30%) - adding one more item gives the $10 voucher plus an additional 10% next week... :-)

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,996
    edited December 1969

RawArt said:
    lee_lhs said:

Didn't figure the two would likely be used in the same scene..so was not worried.

Rawn

The Darwin toon chimp makes a fine plush toy for the Ape2 guys. :-)

• DestinysGardenDestinysGarden Posts: 2,550
    edited December 1969

lee_lhs said:
    RawArt said:

Rawn

The Darwin toon chimp makes a fine plush toy for the Ape2 guys. :-)

That was the very first thing that popped into my head too.

Excellent bundle Rawn. I grabbed the lot of it.

edited December 1969

Are you going to make a G2F version?

edited December 1969

dkgoose said:

Nope

edited December 1969

RawArt said:
    dkgoose said:

Nope

I had a feeling you would say that.

edited December 1969

Aww ok, still buying, maybe try transferring them to G2F with GenX and see what happens trying to use cross figure for the hair but I don't think that'll work

edited December 1969

Well done, Rawart!

~Alexa

Where did you find the ironman figure?

edited December 1969

But could always morph g2m into g2f and see how that works out

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,938
    edited December 1969

yes has a g2f clone I have used and you can add her UV maps too
    so Miss In link is possible!

• AntManAntMan Posts: 2,024
    edited December 1969