BRYCE RENDER CHALLENGE ►►►Autumn Edition◄◄◄ Theme is ­ɸɸɸɸɸ My tribute to ...... ɸɸɸɸɸ

Comments

• G_smithG_smith Posts: 7
    edited December 1969

I also would like to post this tribute to David and Horo, thanks for making bryce that little bit easier to use for everyone :) .....

Titled "Tribute To David & Horo"

Simply Whoa!
    I love what you've done!

• G_smithG_smith Posts: 7
    edited December 1969

And all of the renders looking so promising!

BTW What size should I submit pictures?

I would like to pay tribute the European/Hungarian Castles with this one.

Villa-Castle_x107_.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 599K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Any size you like, as long as it is within the forum limits, which currently is 2000 pixels width/height maximum.

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

A tribute (with apologizes) to American artist Edward Hopper (1882-1967). Inspired by his painting Room In Brooklyn (1932).

Room_In_Brooklyn.jpg
    641 x 692 - 293K
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@G_smith: Nice scene.

@Lord Ganthor: That's a great looking scene, very detailed. Adding the sleeping dog was a nice touch.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,318
    edited December 1969

@G_smith - nice entry.

@Lord Ganthor - small wonder the dog sleeps with all that beer :lol: Very nice scene.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

A tribute (with apologizes) to American artist Edward Hopper (1882-1967). Inspired by his painting Room In Brooklyn (1932).

lol nice to see Louie joining in the challenge.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,203
    edited December 1969

Great renders by everyone.

My 2nd entry. The objects and textures are from NASA. The flag is from Archive 3D. I replaced the flag with the USA flag.

One Small Step......

onesmallstep1.jpg
    1000 x 562 - 84K
  • Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 863
    edited December 1969

My tribute to Oscar Niemeyer (Brazilian architect)

niemeyer.jpg
    1422 x 800 - 140K
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,806
    edited December 1969

Some very good new renders!

@Yellow Pen: Wonderful medieval scene. Though I guess that people that really lived there would nog understand anyone doing a tribute to those 'dark ages' ;)

I also love the Hopper (Lord Ganthor) and Niemeijer (electro-elvis) tributes!

Keep up the good work and the judges will go crazy!

edited December 1969

@mermaid: Nice looking scene.

@electro: That's a neat looking object in your scene. The entire scene really looks nice.

Once again, I'm glad I won't be judging this challenge.

• Bonito LilBonito Lil Posts: 72
    edited December 1969

It's taking some courage to put my own contestant out there with the other renders! There are some brilliant submissions and I have a whole lot to learn about lighting.

My submission contains a millenium cat, my conversions of xfrog trees to 2D things, a lamp I scored from sharecg, a few lattices derived from dingbats and, er, logos, and some materials from Dover pictura. Everything else is developed from Bryce content. I had cats but I was never able to get back to them after I fell sick. I don't know what happened to them. As an act of sanity maintenance, I've been creatively visualizing a place where they would be ok. So this is a tribute to Vinnie as well as to Daz.

Since we're pretty close to Halloween, I set the scene at night. The second image is a detail from the scene. Both images had a bit of levels adjustment in Photoshop.

halloween-detail.jpg
    425 x 400 - 68K
    halloween.jpg
    856 x 600 - 139K
    edited December 1969

@asterlil: That's a real nice image. And welcome to the forum.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,071
    edited December 1969

The first image is very spooky looking but I like the detail in the second one. Both are very good images in there own right.

No need to be courageous posting images in here. I am not long here either and the long time posters are great bunch of people.

edited October 2014

@mermaid010 - a small step for Bryce, a great leap for 3D art ;-)

@electro-elvis - looking great.

@asterlil - very nice scene. Welcome in this forum and great that you participate in this challenge. Like Fishtales I like the spookiness of the first and the detail on the second.

Post edited by Horo on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,806
    edited December 1969

@asterlil: Total house is very Haloween. But the porch detail is really good. Wonderful colours and great to have the cat there. Actually, this is also very Hopper-like, I think. Well done!

edited December 1969

I keep looking for Norman's mother in an upstairs window. Maybe it's just me, but the handrails on the front porch shot have an almost neon-black light glow to them. Very creepy...I don't think I'll be knocking on their door this Halloween.

• Bonito LilBonito Lil Posts: 72
    edited December 1969

@hansmar, you're thinking of that house by the railroad that Hopper painted -- http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b4/The_House_by_the_Railroad_by_Edward_Hopper_1925.jpg -- which is spooky in broad daylight innit! The accompanying article says that this painting was the inspiration for the Bates house, so Lord Ganthor sees the reference, too. :vampire:

This structure is friendlier by day and I'm about to start creating a virtual tour of the interior, which I'll post anon. I love Queen Anne architecture. I began with a more restrained design, but it just got out of hand. A learning experience. :lol:

Thanks to everyone for their kind comments and welcome.

• Yellow PenYellow Pen Posts: 920
    edited December 1969

beautiful new Renders here again.... :-)

Hansmar: Yes, I think so, too. *ggg*

edited December 1969

asterlil said:
    @hansmar, you're thinking of that house by the railroad that Hopper painted -- http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b4/The_House_by_the_Railroad_by_Edward_Hopper_1925.jpg -- which is spooky in broad daylight innit! The accompanying article says that this painting was the inspiration for the Bates house, so Lord Ganthor sees the reference, too. :vampire:

This structure is friendlier by day and I'm about to start creating a virtual tour of the interior, which I'll post anon. I love Queen Anne architecture. I began with a more restrained design, but it just got out of hand. A learning experience. :lol:

Thanks to everyone for their kind comments and welcome.

I've often wondered if Hopper's painting also inspired another (sort of) famous house, the one built for the James Dean film "Giant", which might have in turn inspired the design for the house for the Addams Family? In any event, the Queen Anne style just screams Gothic Horror no matter how you dress it up...or down.

• JStryderJStryder Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

A Tribute to Winslow Homer: "Red in the Morning, Sailors Take Warning"
    WIP I suppose.
    Tip of the hat to Daz for the PA sale, where the Warroak Kitt came from. Many of you already recognized the ship, it's a note to self.

Warroak_Kitt.jpg
    1450 x 805 - 810K
    edited December 1969

Tribute to Georgia O'Keeffe "Crocus,"
    with many apologies. Somebody with more time and skill than I should really try to do a better O'Keeffe in Bryce; it's missing on so many points. Or perhaps somebody already has?

Crocus.jpg
    1000 x 800 - 548K
    edited December 1969

@J Stryder: Nice images.

edited December 1969

GussNemo said:
    @J Stryder: Nice images.

Based on some of your abstract images, I'd love to see you create a tribute to O'Keefe. All those bright colors and fluid lines seem perfect for a Bryce abstract, but not so easy to pull off in reality.

edited December 1969

@J Stryder: Thanks for the complement, but I'm going to sit out this challenge.

edited December 1969

@JStryder - very interesting and nice renders.

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444
    edited December 1969

@timbateman... very nice tribute to our very deserving oceans... great light casting through the water...

@Lord Ganthor... very cool scene...love the dog.

@electro-elvis... Awesome form.

@Asterlil... very cool and spooky... great perspective on the house.

@Jstryder... Those sailors better take warning... Those look like some rough seas.

Lots of cool images in this tribute... Applause to everyone!
    Steve

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444
    edited October 2014

Here is my third entry... In tribute to:
    The Hippies
    This is a tribute to the Hippies and the Counter Culture, who with thier philosophy of Turning on, Tuning in , and Dropping out (thank you Dr. Timothy Leary), spawned a generation who didn't take the status quo as the only reality. By expanding our minds via the psychedelic art, music , and of course drugs all our eyes were opened, including our 3rd ones... We saw not only a mantra of peace and love for all, that included for the Earth, but thoughtful consideration of concepts like "Question Authority" gave us the knowledge to "see" that the "Official Report" is always a lie.
    There are few Hippies left... they are a dying breed, soon only to be remembered for tie-dye and patchouli oil.

hippies_gravestone2Jpeg.jpg
    960 x 602 - 566K
    Post edited by mtnmen on
  • Yellow PenYellow Pen Posts: 920
    edited December 1969

Nice Idea... Hippies :-)

I made another one, for my tribute to the past:

Medieval Street. This is my second (and last) entry.

Medieval_Street_a.jpg
    1400 x 787 - 942K
    edited December 1969

@mtnmen - that's a very nice idea.

@yellow Pen - beautiful render. The water looks amazing.