BRYCE RENDER CHALLENGE ►►►Autumn Edition◄◄◄ Theme is ­ɸɸɸɸɸ My tribute to ...... ɸɸɸɸɸ

ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
edited September 2014 in Bryce Discussion

Eleventh DAZ 3D Bryce rendering Challenge

NOW SPONSORED BY DAZ 3D

Theme for this month is "My tribute to ......"
ɚɚɚɚɚɚɚɚɚɚɚɚɚɚɚɚɚɚɚɚɚɚɚɚɚɚɚɚɚɚ

Basically think of something or someone that inspires you. This could be a film, a piece of music or a person famous or not. Or maybe even something from nature. So it’s a pretty expansive subject. As always Bryce must be the main feature of this piece. Imports are allowed where necessary, and postwork too, as long as it doesn’t dominate the image.

This thread is the WIP thread, so you can post here to show us how things are coming along before the render is transferred to the actual Contest thread for judging. You don't have to do that. I collect up all the finished ones and make the thread, with each render given a number and title, but no artist name shown.

Rules
~~~~~

All renders must be new renders.

You can enter up to 3 renders.

You must abide by the DAZ 3D forum TOS

Imported content is allowed, but the render must be obviously a Bryce render.

Post Work permitted, but please keep it to a minimum.

Rules may be changed for subsequent Challenges, depending on the theme and the person who has selected it.

The winner of the Challenge will get the chance to name the theme for the next contest.

This will then continue with subsequent winners choosing the theme for the next contest, which will enable a new contest to start with the minimum of delay between contests.

Whoever nominates the subject for the Challenge can modify the rules to suit that challenge.

Please don't post your entry renders anywhere else until after the Challenge is judged, as judging is done in a blind judging thread, so the Judges don't know who has done which image.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Challenge ends on 31st October :- Midnight DAZ 3D time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DAZ 3D Sponsorship, in the form of Store credit

Ist Place $30
2nd Place $20
3rd place $15

In addition DAZ 3D Store Credit will be given to the people whose renders are selected as the Honourable mentions,
$10 for each of 3 honorable mentions

We will also be offering a special prize for the render judged the best from a Bryce New User. DAZ 3D will add $10.

Judged by members of the DAZ 3D CV team and guest judges.

By entering this contest, you agree to allow DAZ3D to use any artwork you submit in any promotional materials they may choose.

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• MarkHossackMarkHossack Posts: 28
    edited September 2014

First play with Bryce in a while.

I'm doing a tribute to the Scottish Highlands.

This is an early WIP. Just placing the landscape and trying out some materials.

scotland1.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 118K
    Post edited by MarkHossack on
  • Roland4Roland4 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

very good, my favorite motif.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

This is my tribute to Ken Musgrave, Eric Wenger and Kai Krause.

BryceControls.jpg
    650 x 650 - 147K
  • orbitalorbital Posts: 120
    edited December 1969

@TheSavage64 Cool. Maybe go the whole hog and build the entire interface, with maybe a scene popping out of the screen.

edited December 1969

I already did Orbital. http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/1044 :cheese:

(This one's not an entry obviously, it's not new)

edited September 2014

A Alpensee

Alpensee1.jpg
    750 x 500 - 245K
    Post edited by Roland4 on
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,071
    edited December 1969

A Tribute to the Aviators.

aviation.jpg
    1000 x 556 - 236K
    edited December 1969

@Fishtales

A very beautiful sky.

edited December 1969

Roland4 said:
    @Fishtales

A very beautiful sky.

Thank you. It is one of the Bryce installed skies from the sunrise/sunset range with a bit of tweaking.

edited December 1969

@Fishtales

My tweaking are extremely bad and lead to an ugly result. I'm happy for you that you can do that yourself.

edited December 1969

It is the Armageddon Sunrise, row 1 column 2 in my library.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

This is my tribute to Ken Musgrave, Eric Wenger and Kai Krause.
    Nicely done Dave. :coolsmirk:

I already did Orbital. http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/1044 :cheese:

WOW, now that must've been a lot of work. I like. :coolsmile:
  • StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited December 1969

My tribute to David Brinnen and Horo.
    For their tireless work in helping other Bryce users to get the best out of the program.

A nice walk around The Brinnen Way.
    With a frozen lake in the foreground and the Wernli Mountain Range in the background.

Terrain is from High Resolution Terrains Set 4.

BrinHoro.jpg
    900 x 600 - 426K
  • Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859
    edited December 1969

a tribute to science :) ....titled "Tribute To Science"

Tribute_to_science.jpg
    1194 x 563 - 214K
    edited December 1969

My tribute to David and Horo.

Night3.jpg
    750 x 500 - 170K
    edited December 1969

Another tribute to Jeremy Birn.

Canyon8a.jpg
    750 x 500 - 315K
    edited December 1969

My tribute to the people of the Mountain Rescue Teams who here in the UK are all volunteers and will go out in all weathers to help those in trouble. Fortunately I have never needed them.

snow-heather-006.jpg
    1000 x 556 - 364K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Fishtales said:
    My tribute to the people of the Mountain Rescue Teams who here in the UK are all volunteers and will go out in all weathers to help those in trouble. Fortunately I have never needed them.

Good tribute that. I too have never needed them, but do see them sometimes, when the helicopter is called out as well (I live in what is poetically called "The foothills of the Brecon Beacons" , at 1200ft"

edited December 1969

In fifty years walking around the Scottish Highlands I have seen the helicopter on numerous occasions and been high enough, or they were low enough, for me to give the wireman a wave as they went past :) The Mountain Rescue and the RNLI are the only charities I will give to regularly.

edited December 1969

I rather like the Air ambulance charities as well. Before we moved up here there was a bad accident one Bank holiday Sunday, outside our house. At the time we lived on a Golf course. They needed to bring in the helicopter, and Himself was in charge that weekend, so gave permission for him to land, as long as he landed in the rough. Watched heart in mouth as he brought that thing down about 10 foot from our back fence. Made the driver a cup of tea while the medics went out to the accident. Later he allowed My son and his little stepdaughter to see inside the ambulance, and we later held her up (inside the garden) so she could see the ambulance go and wave bye-bye to it. That was back in 1991, so would have been quite early days for the air ambulance service, but that guy was good. Brought it down right where we wanted him to, missing the greens and the fairway.

edited December 1969

The Air Ambulance up here is fully funded by the Scottish Government.

http://www.scottishambulance.com/WhatWeDo/TheParent.aspx

edited December 1969

The Welsh, and I think the English ones are all reliant on charity. http://www.walesairambulance.com/

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

In my area for short flights to hospitals, helicopters are used, close to what you showed, Pam. But if they're critical and need flown to metro hospitals then they use something similar to what you showed, Sandy.

edited December 1969

GussNemo said:
    In my area for short flights to hospitals, helicopters are used, close to what you showed, Pam. But if they're critical and need flown to metro hospitals then they use something similar to what you showed, Sandy.

They have both.

http://www.scottishambulance.com/WhatWeDo/aircraft.aspx

One of each based at Inverness and Glasgow to cover all of the country and the islands.

edited September 2014

GussNemo said:

Well with Wales the story is that although nowadays Wales is the smallest country in the United Kingdom it did once used to be twice as big. However to keep the country safe from the Anglo-Saxon invaders the brave Welshmen pushed and pulled hard and managed to concentrate the country into a smaller area, which was easier to defend. By doing this they created lots of hills, mountains and valleys. If anyone ever found a large enough steam roller and flattened it out again then Wales would take up twice as much room, and there would be more areas where planes could land. In the meantime we like our mountains and valleys, although it can make building roads and air ports challenging. :coolgrin:

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Well with Wales the story is that although nowadays Wales is the smallest country in the United Kingdom it did once used to be twice as big. However to keep the country safe from the Anglo-Saxon invaders the brave Welshmen pushed and pulled hard and managed to concentrate the country into a smaller area, which was easier to defend. By doing this they created lots of hills, mountains and valleys. If anyone ever found a large enough steam roller and flattened it out again then Wales would take up twice as much room, and there would be more areas where planes could land. In the meantime we like our mountains and valleys, although it can make building roads and air ports challenging. :coolgrin:

But do you realise the trouble that would cause when describing a "large area".... We would all have to recalculate what actually was "an area the size of Wales" ... I mean even Wales would no longer be "an area the size of Wales" :lol:

edited December 1969

A tribute to Jules Verne.

Jules_Verne_1.jpg
    750 x 500 - 449K
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Wow, it is nice to get a couple of tributes! Thanks folks. Here's mine. M.C. Escher.

Comes complete with video.

Bryce quick scene project - make an M C Escher-esque space - by David Brinnen

Escher_space1.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 867K
  • Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859
    edited December 1969

I also would like to post this tribute to David and Horo, thanks for making bryce that little bit easier to use for everyone :) .....

Titled "Tribute To David & Horo"

Tribute_to_David_and_Horo.jpg
    1194 x 563 - 227K
    edited December 1969

@Bateman

So really beautiful, how did you do that ?