BRYCE RENDER CHALLENGE ►►►Autumn Edition◄◄◄ Theme is ­ɸɸɸɸɸ My tribute to ...... ɸɸɸɸɸ

Comments

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

I also would like to post this tribute to David and Horo, thanks for making bryce that little bit easier to use for everyone :) .....

Titled "Tribute To David & Horo"

Thank you also! Great render, masterful use of DOF, so many people get it wrong on landscapes. Lighting and composition super.

• ueanyueany Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Bateman: Excellent render!

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859
    edited September 2014

@ Roland4 -

basically I just used a very good HDRI and a very high resolution terrain, of course a lot work went into it than that....but that would take me literally hours to explain :) ...but if you need some tips and hints here and there i am happy to help, as im sure just about every one on this forum would help...if it were needed :)

Post edited by Tim82 on
  • Roland4Roland4 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

@ Roland4 -

basically I just used a very good HDRI and a very high resolution terrain, of course a lot work went into it than that....but that would take me literally hours to explain :) ...but if you need some tips and hints here and there i am happy to help, as im sure just about every one on this forum would help...if it were needed :)

My problem wth HDRI is, that HDRI needs much rendertime and in the moment i only have a laptop (ENVY 17 / Core I7 4702 MQ).

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited September 2014

I see a good start to another challenge.
    Some nice images already.

I enjoy doing car renders, so I thought I'd sneak one in here as my second entry.
    As a tribute to John Thaw (Inspector Morse).
    Tried to be as accurate as possible. The model is a standard MK 2 Jag
    with wire spoked wheels, no wing mirrors, and was a single colour throughout (Morse's has a black roof.).
    It also had the two bars missing from the underneath, and a different number plate.
    Had to Photoshop the roof colour using the colour replacer tool after the render.
    Mirrors are made from metaballs for the stems and a squashed sphere for the mirror.
    Added the AA badge to the front grill but it doesn't show up very well at this size.
    Added Morse's number plate.

MkII_Jag.jpg
    700 x 410 - 281K
    Post edited by StuartB on
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Stuart: Beautiful work. Morse would be proud of you.

edited December 1969

@StuartB4

I once looked at your web site, and now want ask if the images are real photos or rendered pictures ?

edited December 1969

@Roland4.

want ask if the images are real photos or rendered pictures ?

Apart from the HDRI backgrounds they are rendered objects.

Here's the wireframe of the one above.

Untitled.jpg
    722 x 468 - 196K
    edited December 1969

Thanks very much GussNemo.

edited December 1969

@StuartB4

thanks, your are a good profi.

edited September 2014

Thanks very much Roland4.

Post edited by StuartB on
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited September 2014

My tribute is to the Cosmos series (not the current one) that initially had the wonderful character, and voice, of Carl Sagan RIP.

It opened up a whole new world, literally, and perspective on our Universe; particularly at a time, in the 80s, when science and astronomy wasn’t really being shown on TV (now common today).

Jay
    Used David’s additive background technique for the background, and a Carl Sagan image onto a terrain for the figure.

Cosmos-CarlSagan.jpg
    1560 x 917 - 743K
    Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

A tribute to one of my favoured Author's, who is herself paying tribute to Irish folk lore and legends.

Daughter_of_the_Forest_merge.jpg
    675 x 900 - 843K
    edited September 2014

Nice one, chohole. The only legend of swans I can think of is 'The Children of Lir'...but they were four children turned into swans in that.

My favourite legend of all is 'Fionn Mac Cumhaill and The Salmon of Knowledge'...that for some unknown reason has stuck in my mind since been told it in my youth.

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
    edited September 2014

Daughter of the Forest is the first in a series set in Ireland and a lot of people say she based the story on the children of Lir, but I do tend to argue with that. However she does have the threefold task to complete, and there are other elements in the story which are close to Irish legend and folklore. I think the story of the 6 swans is closer to a Grimms' fairy tale.

The Author is from New Zealand, although of Irish descent so I guess we can forgive her for drifting away from true Irish legends.

Her name is Juliet Marillier. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sevenwaters_Trilogy

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

@Jay: Nice work.

@Pam: Real nice image.

edited December 1969

Cheers, Guss.

Jay

• McGrandpaMcGrandpa Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

Wow, some great renders in here and a couple are stunningly beautiful. I have yet to really get into Bryce at all. I do have 7.1 Pro downloaded and ready to install. Should I uninstall 5.5 and 6.x first? Not much use for the older versions. I am going to be a total newbie to Bryce, just wanted to get that bit out of the way here!
    McG.

edited December 1969

McGrandpa said:
    Wow, some great renders in here and a couple are stunningly beautiful. I have yet to really get into Bryce at all. I do have 7.1 Pro downloaded and ready to install. Should I uninstall 5.5 and 6.x first? Not much use for the older versions. I am going to be a total newbie to Bryce, just wanted to get that bit out of the way here!
    McG.

Make a folder called Bryce 7 and then install 7 pro inside that. That way you can have several versions without them screwing each other up.

edited December 1969

That is no problem. it doesn't say anything about how it's coded, whether it is 32 or 64 bits. Since it doesn't, I reckon it is a 32 bit. Right?
    Well, Win 7 pro x64 will determine whether it goes in (x86) or the other.
    McG.

edited December 1969

I never let windoze decide where it wants to put stuff. I actually don't have any of my programs installed on my C drive.

edited December 1969

My system drive is F:, and Win 7 Pro x64 is the only OS I have installed on this rig now. After I saw how good and stable it is, I just scrubbed the XP Pro 64 bit drive and use it for external (to system) storage. I install software to the system drive but not content. I bet that will create problems huh? I *REFUSE* to allow any program to install stuff to \\USER\(person)\etc. That just ain't gonna happen. I got 3 1 TB drives and a 500 gb drive installed internally on this system just for content and such. Poser don't have a problem with that, some DS 4.6 stuff appears to as it can't find any DS content anywhere on this system. So I don't even mess around with DS anymore. If Bryce can't find its stuff on my regular content drive, it will be uninstalled and forgotten. so I'll see when I get up from my grumpy old man nap. :o)
    McG.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,315
    edited December 1969

@McGrandpa - neither do I permit any program to clutter what I call the system-only drive: C. Bryce runs on any drive and if you give it a dedicated folder, you can install several versions. I have them all from 4. Same is true for DAZ Studio. I also have 2, 3 and 4.6 installed and the content only once, each version points to that folder. If you're in doubt where Bryce content belongs, this document http://www.horo.ch/docs/mine/pdf/BryceContent_v4.pdf should answer your questions.

edited September 2014

Many beautiful contributions have been submitted already while I was idle. I won't comment on them all, but I have to thank Stuart for this

StuartB4 said:
    My tribute to David Brinnen and Horo.
    For their tireless work in helping other Bryce users to get the best out of the program.

A nice walk around The Brinnen Way.
    With a frozen lake in the foreground and the Wernli Mountain Range in the background.

Terrain is from High Resolution Terrains Set 4.

and also Roland4

Roland4 said:
    My tribute to David and Horo.

and of course Tim

I also would like to post this tribute to David and Horo, thanks for making bryce that little bit easier to use for everyone :) .....

Titled "Tribute To David & Horo"

I'm quite surprised and you make me blush :red:

My tribute is to the Planretary Society (co-founded by the late Carl Sagan) for bringing the excitement of planetary science to all.

The fist image is just a map for orientation. The terrain was derived from the MOLA 128 set (Mars Orbiter Laser Altimeter). The tile is around 1700 km square and the altitude ranges from -4478 m to 2224 m. Of course, it is grossly exaggerated for the render. The red lines show the view angle, the tiny cyan spot marks a 3.4 km diameter crater that is named after the place I live.

The senond image is my entry.

Name: Kasei Valles (the camera is actually at Nilus Mensa, Kasei Valles is to the left)
    Products used:
    - Golden Lighting
    - High Resolution Terrains Set 1 (for the material on the terrain: FC_RockyDesert_S05)

Kasei-Valles.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 161K
    Kasei-Valles-map.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 286K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859
    edited December 1969

@ horo - wow that's a really nice looking scene :)

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444
    edited December 1969

@Horo That is a really nice scene... love the haze in the distance ..

My first entry is :A Tribute to the California Wildfire Fighters
    A tribute to the brave men and women who have been battling the many wildfires across the entire State of California...As of today there are more than a dozen major wildfires burning thousands of acres in California, nowhere near containment. Hundreds of homes have been totally turned to ash, and many are still in jeopardy.
    Here at my home in the Foothills, there is smoke in the air and the temps during the day often exceed 100 degrees (F)... and the horrendous drought we have been experiencing just excites the fires to continue to burn..
    So to all those brave fire fighters... We send you a great tribute and many thanks for what you have been doing and what you continue to do to protect our National Parks and us and our homes.
    Steve

California_Wildfires.jpg
    960 x 720 - 661K
    edited December 1969

@ Horo - well done, gorgeous Martian landscape!

edited December 1969

@Horo: Beautiful work.

@mtnmen: That's a well deserved tribute. Scene does look nice.

edited December 1969

@Tim - thank you.

@mtnmen - thank you. Great fire, glad I'm not near it. We have had our forest fires here, too, and they are frightening. I live less than 1 km from the largest pine forest in Europe and it is a very dry place.

@McGrandpa - thank you.

@Jamie - thank you.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,203
    edited December 1969

Beautiful, awesome entries posted so far. I was not surprised to see many tributes to David and Horo. This is mine to them. It was only after doing their tutorials that I started enjoying Bryce. I tried to do something different.

It took me a while to get the effect I wanted, I’m happy with it except I have two versions and can’t decide which to use, and I’m not sure if the frames are correctly placed against the wall. The 2nd one uses the Light in Lens effect from their Lens and Filter pack. I framed my original Bryce renders in Photoshop and applied them to a 2D face, for the walls. For the text I used EleFont which I downloaded from Horo’s site.

I would appreciate your comments and suggestions. Thanks

mytribute1_2.jpg
    920 x 690 - 75K
    mytribute1_1.jpg
    920 x 690 - 76K