[Released] Oso Fox for Daz Dog 8 with dForce Hair [Commercial]

What does it say?

Actually kind of a chittering squeaky toy sound.

Here it is, the fox for Daz Dog 8!

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,029

Looks great :)

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,424

Oh wow, I love this!  It's so cute, and I love that it's based on the Dog 8 so that we can get different poses for it.  Thank you for making this!

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145

Love it and plan to pick it up. Thank you!

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,837

Very nice - in my wishlist for now.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,376

I have AM's fox already, but I do like this one as well, especially since it has DForce fur. Will I be able to use the fur on DAZ Dogs in general?

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,888

Of course. The last two promos are fox fur and texture on other shapes (I think one is the warg)

• MartialMartial Posts: 404

Thanks Oso3d for your fox product 

I have bought today and when i render with ndvidia iray i have some orange zone around the head (see jpg joint) I don't know what cause it and how correct it

oso fox.jpg
    848 x 791 - 281K
  • MartialMartial Posts: 404

I have tried to recreate the problem 

And i finally find that the weird render was caused (my error) by superposition of two fur materials

now it is ok

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,376

Oso3D said:

Of course. The last two promos are fox fur and texture on other shapes (I think one is the warg)

Thanks for the quick reply! I thought so, but wasn't quite sure. Great!

edited January 2021

Ok, I have put the fox and thought, that it is enough, but it wasn't.

I like to render animals, so I have purchased fox after a while.

I also like happy animals - does it look happy enough on my render?

Fox01sc03pic01.jpg
    2000 x 2400 - 1M
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited January 2021

Just for comparison - a version with Fur Length Smooth preset applied.

Fox01sc03pic02LengthSmooth.jpg
    2000 x 2400 - 1019K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited January 2021

So many presets to choose - this one is with Fur Length Strays.

Fox01sc03pic03LengthStrays.jpg
    2000 x 2400 - 1M
    Post edited by Artini on

Just wonder, what settings have you used on the last 2 promos from https://www.daz3d.com/oso-fox-for-daz-dog-8-with-dforce-hair

edited January 2021

Just one more - with all three breeds - and I am done for today.

Fox02sc01pic01Breeds.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 615K
    Post edited by Artini on

I think the last two promos are using warg, with thin tail fur option.

• Test of editing the fur, it is GREAT so far ^^

themisscaringdog-final.png
    1075 x 860 - 1M

Nervous fox. hahaha

• EboshijaanaEboshijaana Posts: 444

Minor question, but I cannot seem to get the fur to simulate without going inside the figure. Any tips?

edited March 2021

Thank you for encouraging me to look at this again; I've long been dismayed at how patchy the fur on many models gets when simulated, and couldn't figure out how to fix it.

Buuuut I just did. Heh.

Select the fur, select Surfaces, select all the surfaces and then set PS Minimum Generated Hair Scale to .1%.

Now the fur simulates properly!

Post edited by Oso3D on

Oso3D said:

Thank you for encouraging me to look at this again; I've long been dismayed at how patchy the fur on many models gets when simulated, and couldn't figure out how to fix it.

Buuuut I just did. Heh.

Select the fur, select Surfaces, select all the surfaces and then set PS Minimum Generated Hair Scale to .1%.

Now the fur simulates properly!

Ooh, thank you. The fur does in fact behave much better now.

• hello 

i have a problem when i render the fox  even with nothing but it in the scene ,i get a "loading whitesquare,jpg"  and thats as far as it goes then freezes my computer , any ideas how to fix this ?

thank you

• daer-thingdaer-thing Posts: 51
    edited April 2021

debdemona said:

hello 

i have a problem when i render the fox  even with nothing but it in the scene ,i get a "loading whitesquare,jpg"  and thats as far as it goes then freezes my computer , any ideas how to fix this ?

thank you

Hey,

I have the same issue here. :(
    I load the default fox into an empty scene, load a camera, turn off the headlamp. I simulate the fox, hit the render button and get this message:
    I tried to switch to slim / low quality fur too but the same thing happened.

Then a message that some error happened and Daz won't render anymore until I restart
    Attached a logfile too.

Ninjaedit: Sort of success... started to modify the 'coat' surface hair generation values based on what I found in the same part in daz cat's dforce fur and after a looooong thinking time Daz decided to render. Attached an image of the result. the problem, I have no idea what was I doing but foxy has fur and foxy tail! :3

txt
    txt
    log.txt
    renderwindow.JPG
    263 x 350 - 21K
    itsalive.JPG
    567 x 467 - 67K
    Post edited by daer-thing on

Be sure, when applying slim/low quality fur, to have the fur selected. This is a material, so it will apply to whatever is selected; it won't work if you have the figure selected.

• Oh, of course. :) When I had the fox selected the whole animal turned into this glossy glass-like creature. I can see the fur preview changing when I apply those but I really have a -vague- idea of what and no idea how should I change stuff to make the fur willing to be rendered and also look nice. :( (Furless fox renders without a problem).

So just as a heads up for people, when using the fox morph partially, this happens;

foxtonguebug1.png
    1139 x 582 - 140K

Sorry to ask here.

How this https://www.daz3d.com/oso-dog-fur-for-daz-dog-8 is different from the other fur for Dog 8, you have already released?

It's designed to be a bit more versatile, I've included presets for a bunch of different UVs, and I've worked out ways where you can use regular dog textures on the fur.

Normally, if you put a skin texture on fur, it looks WAAAAY too dark. You might have a tan dog and then an almost black fur on top. When I'm doing my own textures, I simply make the fur color much brighter.

How I have the fur set up now, though... you can use skin textures as-is.

Thanks - purchased this fur set.

You have a really big imagination - https://www.daz3d.com/crowulf-for-daz-dog-8

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702

Artini said:

Thanks - purchased this fur set.

You have a really big imagination - https://www.daz3d.com/crowulf-for-daz-dog-8

I really wish that there was a crow or parrot to use the crowulf for daz dog 8 on; it looks really good as feathers and would be perfect for close-up bird shots. 

• I know that you've come out with many newer products--& I got many of those, so don't worry--but I was just playing around with your Fox for DAZ Dog 8, looking for a way to manipulate the color of the fur. Unfortunately, I wasn't successful in doing what I wanted, but I did get some VERY intriguing results with one of my attempts....

...which led to a few other discoveries that I wasn't looking for, but got some VERY intriguing results with them, too....