Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 8

Comments

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,394
    edited December 1969

Thanks Horo, Jay, Art, Guss and Goofygrmom.

Jay – cool idea using the kaleidoscope for a city. I like the effect of the 2nd image.

Art – the modified sunset image is lovely.

Eermusic – nice surreal image

Tim- great job with the cloud city tutorial.

A simple seascape using David’s tutorial Blending Hdri and Bryce sky

simpleseascape.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 77K
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,545
    edited December 1969

@mermaid010 - this scene came out nice.

I've been labouring on the Raytracing - Tools part on my website for the last two days, removing dead links and adding new free tools. To calm down I experimented with David's video Bryce 7.1 Pro Experiments - Extreme diffuse response but added a rainbow HDRI which I rotated so that I get the opposite colours on the objects. Above is the actual render and below inverted in a graphics program.

HPdiffuse.jpg
    800 x 800 - 89K
  • goofygrmom3goofygrmom3 Posts: 160
    edited December 1969

Beautiful seascape Mermaid. I love that pink glow.

Neat objects Horo. I'm partial to the top one. I like those pastel colors.

I may have to use the dome that came with the tut Guss. I can always try again later to make the dome myself.

• eermusiceermusic Posts: 15
    edited December 1969

Trying to be more realistic with DAZ Studio people in Bryce dark humor setting . . .
    Title: "I Said, No Swimming!"

ISaidNoSwimming.jpg
    1274 x 892 - 816K
    edited December 1969

Horo – Thanks. Like your results with the tutorial.

Goofygrmom- Thanks. I’m not really into modeling so I may also end up using the objects included with the tutorial. :cheese:

Eermusic another nice scene.

Some Abstracts and Stills

T8b.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 362K
    T7b.jpg
    654 x 850 - 41K
    T3.jpg
    654 x 850 - 43K
    T2.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 231K
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,105
    edited December 1969

Instances and atmosphere for a change. The forest at the back is one grouped instance. one click and fifty trees (or there about).

Misty Forest

misty-forest-001.jpg
    1000 x 556 - 267K
  • orbitalorbital Posts: 120
    edited December 1969

Finally got round to doing something new. Hopefully I can be a bit more productive this year. Planets and stars added in photoshop. Rest is Bryce.

interloper_copy.jpg
    1400 x 525 - 190K
    edited December 1969

@goofygrmom3 - thank you.

@eermusic - neat idea, looks a bit like your avatar.

@mermaid010 - great renders, indeed. I don't know which one I like most.

@Sandy - misty forest looks nice.

@orbital - beautiful space scene.

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Just emerging briefly from my "holiday" learning Modo (some holiday) - 10 days in putting in 12 to 14 hour days - my brain cells are objecting. I've out put one of my models for a quick Bryce render. Nothing exotic, just a test. I'd say "a bit of fun" but I'm not at the stage where I can declare modeling is fun - uv mapping is growing on me though. Either that or I am developing worrying masochistic tendencies.

Some nice renders here to admire, I was particularly intrigued by the testing being put in my Mermaid and Horo. Just makes me wish I was doing that and not fighting with verts!

Hyper texture driven metalic effects and TA rendering, with PHT gel light.

Lamp1.jpg
    600 x 850 - 160K
    edited December 1969

Hello fellow Bryce users. I am sorry I rarely comment on other artists' renders. What I can say overall though is they are fascinating and each uniquely awesome. Believe it or not, I use my creative time with Bryce as very effective, calming therapy. My art helps to encourage myself in a 2-year plus recovery from a severe mental breakdown. I barely touched a computer for over 2 years much less sit using one for hours as I do nowadays.

So, I create, I share here and elsewhere, and then retreat to rest. Maybe one day I will feel more chatty but for now, a big thank you for the inspiration, kind comments, and help with technical issues. If any of you like to work on art, etc. with music playing, please feel free to check out my ambient music at www.SourceCodeX.com I always Bryce to ambient electronic music.

And now this . . . a new one called, "Fallen Powers Behold the Lake of Fire" . . .

FallenPowersBeholdTheLakeOfFire.jpg
    1274 x 892 - 957K
    edited December 1969

Sandy - nice misty forest

Orbital – wow awesome space scene

Eermusic - another nice scene.

Thanks Horo and David, I’m still having lots of fun. Here are a few more kaleidoscopes. I especially like the 1st one, as it was a kaleidoscope I did earlier, (page 75 post 1121 the 2nd render0 exported as an Hdri and then used as an Hdri to render this one.

mirroredset1c.jpg
    850 x 850 - 179K
    multi2b.jpg
    850 x 850 - 101K
    kal1d.jpg
    850 x 850 - 169K
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Sub-d (surface subdivision) model. The obj weighs in at 700kb. Loaded in DS, converted to a sub-d and exported for Bryce the size increases to 50mb. Here it is rendered in the sub-d form using TA.

Bryce as therapy, I can see that, it is a nice creative tool to use.

Mermaid, I see you are enjoying the kaleidoscopic potential - good results.

SDS_speaker_test1.jpg
    850 x 850 - 408K
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Tim Bateman: Yes, I'd be very interested to see the settings you use for clouds. Any help is always appreciated.

@mermaid: Wow, you've been busy producing some very lovely images. The results from the Blending HDRI with sky is simple yet wonderful. Of the stills I really like the flower, and it's rather hard to say which of the abstracts and kaleidoscopes I do like best. They're all so nice.

@Horo: Results from the extreme diffuse response tutorial are very nice.

@Goofy: Yeah, sometimes it's best to use what came with a tutorial than burn out the brain doing your own. When I first downloaded that tutorial some years ago I couldn't make heads or tails of it. Now, after the short time using Bryce it makes sense. But I see what I did could be better, which is something I wouldn't have been able to see early on.

@eermusic: Both of those images are very nice. I think you have quite a talent for producing surreal images.

@orbital: Great looking space scene. Nice planet.

@David: The halogen light looks so good I first thought you'd taken a photo of one. Speaker is also really nice.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

Nice one, David, but I just don't 'hear' it %-P

Jay

edited January 2015

More awesome renders. I enjoy looking at the fantasy / sci-fi scenes. But I'm partial to the abstracts and k-scopes.

While I'm staying away from the boolean shapes for now, I did try one of David's tuts -- the mirrored box tut. I actually made it thru a video tut. Thanks David for such explicits directions.

I'll post mine after I change them to jpegs

Post edited by goofygrmom3 on
    edited December 1969

here we go...

Thanks for looking

DB_mirrored_box_tut3_neg_bump_94.jpg
    768 x 512 - 75K
    DB_mirrored_box_tut2_1-7.jpg
    768 x 512 - 139K
    DB_mirrored_box_tut_1-7.jpg
    768 x 512 - 153K
  • CTippettsCTippetts Posts: 162
    edited December 1969

I have been pretty much away from this forum for a few months, because I had to move back to Utah, (home of Bryce Canyon and DAZ), to take care of my aging parents after my father suffered a couple of strokes following a quadruple bypass surgery. The good news is that I thought I was coming out here for his funeral, but my care is helping so much, he may outlive me.

Fact is; though he has a computer he is not yet able to use again, it is capable of running Bryce version 7, so I can now use Bryce version 7. This ship in a bottle is the last interesting thing I made using Bryce version 5.5 on my computer. I used "Free Schooner" for the ship. I thought I'd show it to you. I plan on revisiting it on my father's computer in version 7. I'll upload that result down the road when I do. Other than using the better materials in version 7 for the water and waves, one thing I intend to do is rotate materials so the support beams don't look identical like they do now.

A side note, and second reason for this post is; I had to go through customer support for problems getting the serial number for version 7 to work on my father's computer, but, during the resolution to the problem, they changed the code for the support web site, and I am unable to submit my final response. I am able to type in my text okay, choose a file to upload along with the response, but the "Submit" button does nothing. So this is a test to see if I can submit a forum reply, or if they broke that as well. If you're reading this, they didn't break the forum code ... yet.

I was hoping someone reading this ... perhaps Chohole maybe, or someone else with strings to DAZ, could let them know they broke the support mechanism, and they can close out my trouble ticket. Remind them that not everyone has the latest and greatest of everything, and they need to keep that in mind when testing such web site updates.

Thanks in advance.

HAVE FUN!

BottledShip_cropped.jpg
    1081 x 872 - 472K
    edited January 2015

@David - floodlight looks quite realistic. Horn speaker reminds me of the time I had installed such (and those with 4 drivers) in churches and fairs.

@eermusic - interesting surreal render.

@mermaid010 - great abstracts. The green one has particularly nice forms and the monochrome one could almost go as a piece of embroidery.

@Jamie - thank you.

@goofygrmom3 - oh, they came out very nicely.

@CTippetts - good to see you back, nice ship. Have you tried this link http://www.daz3d.com/help/help-contact-us/? It usually leads to Zendesk.

Post edited by Horo on
    edited December 1969

Thanks David Guss and Horo

Goofygrmom – Thanks wow awesome, you are now hooked to Bryce Kaleidoscopes. ;-) Check out http://www.bryce-tutorials.info/bryce-tutorials.html for more of David’s Abstract and Kaleidoscope videos.

CTippetts – the ship in the bottle is very nicely done.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

CTippetts said:
    I have been pretty much away from this forum for a few months, because I had to move back to Utah, (home of Bryce Canyon and DAZ), to take care of my aging parents after my father suffered a couple of strokes following a quadruple bypass surgery. The good news is that I thought I was coming out here for his funeral, but my care is helping so much, he may outlive me.

Fact is; though he has a computer he is not yet able to use again, it is capable of running Bryce version 7, so I can now use Bryce version 7. This ship in a bottle is the last interesting thing I made using Bryce version 5.5 on my computer. I used "Free Schooner" for the ship. I thought I'd show it to you. I plan on revisiting it on my father's computer in version 7. I'll upload that result down the road when I do. Other than using the better materials in version 7 for the water and waves, one thing I intend to do is rotate materials so the support beams don't look identical like they do now.

A side note, and second reason for this post is; I had to go through customer support for problems getting the serial number for version 7 to work on my father's computer, but, during the resolution to the problem, they changed the code for the support web site, and I am unable to submit my final response. I am able to type in my text okay, choose a file to upload along with the response, but the "Submit" button does nothing. So this is a test to see if I can submit a forum reply, or if they broke that as well. If you're reading this, they didn't break the forum code ... yet.

I was hoping someone reading this ... perhaps Chohole maybe, or someone else with strings to DAZ, could let them know they broke the support mechanism, and they can close out my trouble ticket. Remind them that not everyone has the latest and greatest of everything, and they need to keep that in mind when testing such web site updates.

Thanks in advance.

HAVE FUN!

As Horo says support is now all through zendesk However the serial number for Bryce 7 should be in your account, in your serial numbers (providing you bought it through the DAZ 3D store.) If you downloaded it while it was on offer at 100% off and used a 3rd party site (such as download.com) then you will need to contact DAZ 3D through Zendesk. Use Tech Support as the relevant dept.

edited December 1969

Thanks Horo and Mermaid. I'll check that link Mermaid. Thanks.

These were fun to do. I love the abstract stuff.

edited January 2015

Not a great piece of art, just playing around a bit with anisotropy. I was asked how it works and because I couldn't tell, I've been working on it for the last two days and think produced a worthwhile doc http://www.horo.ch/docs/mine/pdf/Anisotropy.pdf (10 pages, 105 pictures, 2.4 MB), at least it's the only doc about it I know and I doubt many of the few who should know about the Easter-Egg remember. The render uses planar, radial and circular mapped anisotropy.

AniTest_D4.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 233K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,895
    edited January 2015

Many interesting things happening.
    Nice works by eermusic. I really like the 'no swimming' (said by a swimming lady!)
    Wonderful strang work by DaemonKnight
    I don't even have 3D glasses, but the new anaglyph by Horo also looks great without them. And his texture and light experiments are always nice.
    If ever I need a bike, the Savage can build it for me. Or Tim Bateman, of course.
    Wonderful fireworks and abstract by David Brinnen; who I hope will keep helping everybody in Bryce, even if he makes lots of money with Modo.
    Can't wait to see the next step surfing by Jamahoney and the landscape with balloon looks great.
    Kaleidoscope works do inspire me (thanks mermaid)
    And the cloud city of GussNemo is also worth viewing; Tim Bateman's one is different, but also nice. Shows how different you can be with the same starting point.
    fencepost52: nice view! Mermaid too. She is very active anyway.
    Fishtales's landscape makes me think of my one of my contributions for the 'Trees ' contest; fun to see.
    Orbital is still in orbit, I guess
    And, as you will see, the works of Goofymom also inspired me.
    Finally, glad that CTippetts is up and running Bryce again!

So my contribution today is not based on the kaleidoscope tutorial, but it is inspired by the repetition and types of elements. I used 9 balls (one mostly to aim the lights at) and 4 lights around this set-up; no sun.
    I call it: abstract balls.

ballsabstract.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 820K
    Post edited by Hansmar on
    edited December 1969

PS: Decades ago, I was an "official" UFO sightings investigator for about 2 years, then when the weird phone calls started, I quit, (as promised to my wife), and sold all my research material to a Canadian investigator. While active, I was in local newspapers and on local TV -- I am not kidding you.

AlienPlasmaSpawn.jpg
    1274 x 892 - 857K
  • CTippettsCTippetts Posts: 162
    edited December 1969

@Horo - Yes. That is the link that now misbehaves for me under Zendesk. I opened the ticket under the previous support system, which worked fine on my old XP machine. I can't use my father's computer for "Internet" uses, due to an issue my sister once caused on that computer, (which may have actually been something my father did himself, but won't admit). He asked us not to use it for anything but "software", and, because my sister and her son also have their own computers, we all agreed to that, (hoping he will cause the problem again and forgive my sister). On my own XP computer, the new Zendesk system lets me do everything right up to hitting the "submit" button, which does nothing, (I'm guessing it's a Java flaw, but usually sites with a Java flaw on an action button shows me "[removed]null()" or "[removed]void()" at the bottom of the window, while this Zendesk site shows nothing there). I was updating the trouble ticket with the final message to tell them the issue is now resolved when I discovered they had broken it for older computers like mine.

@Chohole - That is EXACTLY what support said, but I don't know why it doesn't pan out, nor do they. It was on December 29, 2011 in response to one of the daily DAZ emails that said Bryce 7.1 was free, that I downloaded it. It's true that I don't remember all the details, but the ONLY other site I would trust to download it from would be CNet. I really doubt I used CNet, since I did it in direct response to that DAZ email. I do recall that I declined the DAZ installer to install it, and opted for the stand-alone installation file. They say even that should show up on my "purchase" history, but it does not. SO, to solve the problem, they let me pay for a new license WHICH I DID NOT MIND AT ALL. Bryce 5.5 has given me SO much pleasure over the years I should pay for the newer version instead of expecting handouts.

Um, Mr. Wernli, speaking of that, I'm probably also going to be buying add-ons you had a hand in creating. I just need to play with the now fully functional version 7.1 on my father's computer before deciding what is right for me to buy ... I can't buy it all, though we'd all love to. Any suggestions ... favorites, for example, would be welcomed. Go ahead and toot your own horn, Mr. Wernli. I'll listen.

Anyway, since I FINALLY have Bryce 7.1 running, the first thing I did was run straight for the Particle Emitter. Once again, thank you, Mr. Wernli, for your tutorial on its use. Also, thank you Mr. Savage for your examples of particles bouncing off of Booleans. Like everyone else, I sure wish particle size and shape were variable without the use of advanced materials.

I'm working on a volcano, but I have a LOT of material lab work to do before the volcano will no longer look like it's blowing bubbles. The example here can't even be thought of as a WIP, since I have no intention of completing it. It is, to be precise, my very first Bryce 7.1 render. Once I get the materials down, I'll create a new one. If you look close, (or even from a great distance for some of you), you'll notice that is simply the default Bryce terrain with a Boolean sphere to create the volcano opening vent. Assuming I can make a decent material, I'll create an entire new landscape to contain the lava machine. In this example, to get what looks like different size particles, I simply stretched the particle generator way back behind the volcano, so distance varies the size, yet it appears as if they are all emitting from the single vent. I figure, to create lava flows, I'll place a light inside to volcano, carve out some flows, and make the lava flow material translucent so they appear to glow. Yup ... I took a bite, but I'll be chewing for awhile.

ParticalEmitterVolcano_cropped.jpg
    902 x 672 - 108K
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@goofygrmom3: Nice results following David's tutorial.

@CTippetts: Wonderful looking ship in a bottle. Real nice idea for a volcano.

@hansmar: Wile looking abstract. Great colors.

@eermusic: Another neat surreal image.

edited December 1969

Horo- Thanks for the pdf on anisotropy, the render is awesome.

CTippetts- cool idea for a volcano.

Hansmar- thanks, your abstract render is awesome, very colorful.

Eermusic: Another nice surreal image. Inspired by your surreal renders, I had a go, using an Hdri as a backdrop blended into.background.

surreal1.jpg
    600 x 600 - 74K
    edited January 2015

@hansmar - there are so many ways to create abstracts in Bryce. I like your example. It looks symmetrical at first glance but there are differences which make it even more interesting.

@eermusic - another partly real looking and partly surreal looking image.

@CTippetts - good start with the volcano. Your next steps dictate what would be best to complement what you're doing. Don't get everything at once, it'll just overwhelm you.

EDIT

@mermaid010 - NeonWires looks nice in that sky. Good idea.

Post edited by Horo on
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,105
    edited December 1969

mermaid010

Very alienesque :)

edited December 1969

Thanks Horo and Sandy

This discussion has been closed.