Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 8

Comments

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited February 2015

Horo said:
    @Dave - ah, I also considered getting the free rose but shied from all the fuss to make it look good in Bryce (being busy with other Bryce work). Yours came out excellent.

It's not as complicated as some of the X-Frog trees and plants.
    3 trans maps to set to Blend Transparency is all... All texture maps load fine and look good from the get go.
    4 different rose models to choose from, so a bunch is easy without them all looking all exactly the same. :)
    Roses.jpg
    1666 x 975 - 387K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@fencepost: Those wood chopping images are mighty fine, almost look like photos. Object images are also very good, my favorite is the first one.

@Dave: That's a very nice composition, roses turned out very nice.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,542
    edited December 1969

@Jamie - thank you.

@hansmar - thank you.

@Dave - nice bunch in the vase. You convinced me. I got these roses, now I've got to prepare them and put into my xfrog library.

• c-ramc-ram Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

Working on a house project to compose my next scene, here's a big cottage one.

It's a W.I.P because I've got to had some details on it but I'm near from the end

It's a mix modeling between wings3d and Bryce. Walls are made using an arroway picture on a terrain and the same picture is used as texture in the Dte.

Windows, doors, roof are made in wings.

Hope you like it.

vosgian_house.jpg
    1441 x 814 - 747K
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

c-ram said:

It's a W.I.P because I've got to had some details on it but I'm near from the end

It's a mix modeling between wings3d and Bryce. Walls are made using an arroway picture on a terrain and the same picture is used as texture in the Dte.

Hope you like it.

Looking good!

Still in space, though this morning was spent battling with scaffolding (which I didn't enjoy).

Here I was going for an effect I'd seen in Interstellar which involved a black hole. A mixture of what was in the background and mirrors and lenses to get this.

Infinity_mirror_test7.jpg
    850 x 850 - 615K
    edited December 1969

Dufus is spreading the word... Only 4 more sleeps till the big day.

DufusEating.jpg
    633 x 975 - 255K
  • A3DLoverA3DLover Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

@A3DLover & @mermaid010 the more i see these abstracts thee more it makes me want to start experimenting with lights and mirrors and stuff. I think David had a couple tutorials on abstracts, but here there other sources you used to start tinkering? Great vivid images!

@Horo I swear your HDRIs always come out looking so damn realistic. Im just cracking the surface of lighting, my next project is to take a better look at lighting in general as it really is a critical element of design in general

@Fishtails those are nice renders. The perception of snow is really distinct. It looks like the haze is possibly over powering the field of view? Might just be my monitor settings though.

Ok, I promise this will be the last post from this scene, as its mostly done conceptually. Any more detail I throw at it, Bryce wants to throw a tantrum lol

4 separate views from within the same object. Only cheating i had to do was photochopping the outside scene into the window spaces. because the overall scene was getting too large.

Someone had the constructive criticism that theres no way they would work with a window behind them, any ideas like that, functionality, Im totally open to. As to blemishes and breaks, theres so many lol Im not worried about them, its pretty and made me happy to get out and done.

To be honest i usually use fractal renders as litegels and cloud planes with either a bryce material or my own texture.
    Your remder remimds me of that scene in Thor : The Dark World at the end of the movie.
    edited December 1969

Dufus in snuggling up with Dowwis today... They are celebrating Three Days Till Pancake Day Day with chocolates.

DufusDorrisHeart.jpg
    975 x 633 - 197K
  • Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 873
    edited December 1969

c-ram said:
    Windows, doors, roof are made in wings.Hope you like it.

Hi c-ram

Excellent model. I like everything, but especially the roof. It looks amazingly realistic. I think, the roof model is not easy to achive. Chapeau!

edited December 1969

@c-ram - that's going to be a great house if you don't spoil it - it looks amazing already. Roof and walls look very natural.

@David - interesting lens effect.

@Dave - Dufus looks great as always and Dawwis is just cute.

I did get those roses and gave it a try. The yellow flowers are Gazania by Lisa's botanicals. IB lit and a bit of sun.

Roses.jpg
    640 x 800 - 90K
    edited February 2015

Horo said:
    @c-ram - that's going to be a great house if you don't spoil it - it looks amazing already. Roof and walls look very natural.

@David - interesting lens effect.

@Dave - Dufus looks great as always and Dawwis is just cute.

I did get those roses and gave it a try. The yellow flowers are Gazania by Lisa's botanicals. IB lit and a bit of sun.

Very painterly quality to that render. I like it, looks like oils particularly on the flowers.

The lens effect evolved from a question a friend asked about if it would be possible to make an infinity mirror in Bryce.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=infinity+mirror&espv=2&biw=1920&bih=989&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=ACTfVKjiMMLkUuHyg4gD&sqi=2&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

Edit. I suppose the key thing about the infinity mirror is that it reflects itself but not the outside world, as opposed to just having two mirrors face one another. My first attempts were more simulations but the limits of the Bryce renderer in dealing with light outside the usual ranges soon showed, so I then switched tactics to something a bit more cunning.

Infinity_mirror_test8.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 1M
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
  • Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 509
    edited February 2015

Thank you everyone for the feedback on my images. Very much appreciated.

@Dave Savage: Cute little dragons you got there. Making me hungry for pancakes. I also like the rose images. I picked one up the other from there and will be using it in a render soon.

@David B.: Great space renders! My favorite is the one with the mirror. It's awesome.

@Horo: I like your flower render. Looks really nice.

c-ram: Thanks for sharing the house WIP. Looking forward to seeing how you use it. You do such great work and it always inspires me.

Here's my latest. Wondering if this could fit into the "Element" contest. Anything think it could work with something like Elements of Architecture and Landscaping, or would that be stretching it? All Bryce and Wings with no postwork.

The dome is something I modeled in Wings following this tutorial: High Rez Domed Fountain

If anyone is interested in using the model, I'll make it available.

Background is an HDRI from this pack: Yosemite 1

Plants from here: Clay's Trees & David and Horo's Vegetation product

This was a fun one to make.

Stone_Fountain1.jpg
    1080 x 607 - 752K
    Post edited by Fencepost52 on
    edited December 1969

@David B.: Great space renders! My favorite is the one with the mirror. It's awesome.

Cheers Art!

You've done a super job blending that background with the render, it's quite a tricky thing to achieve in such a way that it is not glaringly obvious.

Yeah I'm still noodling around with rocket ships, here's another retro styled ship in an overly dramatic setting.

Retro_rocket4.jpg
    1700 x 850 - 811K
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,895
    edited December 1969

@TheSavage64: Great looking rose render. And wonderful little dragons, so cute!

@c-ram: Good looking house you are building there.

@Horo: also very good rose rendering.

@David Brinnen: great sci-fi renders again. The one with the mirror is really wonderful.

@fencepost52: very realistic park-render.

Here is my second, totally different variant of the Butterfly. I added several more of them and some reeds and some pollen. The background is an elongated sphere (that surrounds my world) textured with a texture from a texture pack by Sirius-sdz at DeviantArt.
    I made another render with the same elements, but a mirror-type procedural texture on the surrounding sphere, which I put at Renderosity.

butterfly2.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 875K
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,392
    edited December 1969

Thanks Sandy, Jay, Horo Guss, Hansmar

Dave-both the rose render are lovely. . The Dufus and Dowwis render is so cute

Jay- A nice composition, who hits the water first. :lol:

David-Awesome space renders, interesting experiments with the lens and mirrors

C-ram – beautiful model

Horo – both your renders are awesome

Art – Wow a beautiful scene love the fountain dome. I don’t see why you can’t enter it in the current challenge.

Hansmar – really like the latest butterfly render, the texture you used is so cool.

Had fun playing with an online interactive generative art Silk to generate fractals, combined a few versions in Photoshop and rendered them in Bryce.

fractal-02.jpg
    600 x 600 - 59K
    fractal-01.jpg
    600 x 600 - 38K
  • SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
    edited December 1969

Hey there.
    Here are my last three still life.
    90% of the time spent on the production of procedural textures in DTE, and lighting.
    Modeling: Bryce, Wings 3D.
    Thanks for your feedback and criticism.
    The original size of look at my DAZ gallery http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#galleries/11833/

Slice_of_the_sun.jpg
    580 x 516 - 75K
    chokeberry.jpg
    600 x 450 - 71K
    Blue_vase.jpg
    600 x 450 - 45K
    edited December 1969

@David : Thank you, really nice effect with the lens!

@Electro-elvis : the roof is very simple to make in wings, and for the texture it's just a metal one from bryce library.

@Horo : now I've got my house ready to use in a new scene and it's going to be a winter one in snow.

@fencepost52 : thanks a lot! nice to read that I inspire your work, very nice image you show here and your model is really well done, and yes, it will be great if you can make it available.

Well, I've just decided to make my house download able for free in another Dropbox link and that's just a matter of time so see you sooner in this forum!

• SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
    edited December 1969

c-ram said:

Hope you like it.

Great cottage, Mark!
    One small note: texture of masonry "floated" on the corners.

edited December 1969

@David - thank you. Beautiful lenses from you.

@Art - that's a very nice scene and very well blended into the HDRI.

@hansmar - thank you. I like your butterfly render very much.

@mermaid010 - very nice result, just tried Silk myself, really nice.

@slepalex - great still lifes. My favourite is definitely the first because the fruits look very real, more real than a photograph.

@c-ram - I'm not a fan of winter, not at all. However renders are another matter. I'm looking forward to see yours with the beautifully-made new house.

Speaking of winter, here's a render from the last ice age when mommoths were about to die out. The asteroid is on the HDRI I made from one of David's Octane gasclouds renders. I found the mommoth as a relatively simple model in the Internet. The OBJ was incomplete but the 3DS was - however, the image texture was wrong, so I gave it Bryce textures and instanced it. The terrain is a new high res one I made a week or two ago.

NoFuture.jpg
    1000 x 667 - 164K
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    @David - thank you. Beautiful lenses from you.

Speaking of winter, here's a render from the last ice age when mommoths were about to die out. The asteroid is on the HDRI I made from one of David's Octane gasclouds renders. I found the mommoth as a relatively simple model in the Internet. The OBJ was incomplete but the 3DS was - however, the image texture was wrong, so I gave it Bryce textures and instanced it. The terrain is a new high res one I made a week or two ago.

If you had not of said, I would not have known that was of the gasclouds I made! It is a good fit for this scene, surprisingly good. Very evocative lighting and very effective too. I'm still lost in space though and and in the realms of lenses and reflections. The last example really pushing the limit of acceptable reflection and distorting. The other two are less ambitious, but still using mirrors and lenses to enhance/distort the HDRI backdrop.

Retro_rocket7.jpg
    1700 x 850 - 1M
    Retro_rocket6.jpg
    850 x 850 - 403K
    Retro_rocket5.jpg
    850 x 850 - 463K
    edited December 1969

@David - thank you, it's B07 with a dynamic range of a bit less than half a million to one. It is very bright but can't give enough ambient light. There is still the sun up from the left, and to enhance the contrast a weak negative parallel light with infinite width.

Your lens experiments look very interesting, the last one with the "fountain" is particularly intriguing. They really show that space is a weird place.

edited December 1969

Starting with David's idea of a distance filter covered in one of his videos, I experimented a bit with creating more of the sort. Below the results. The telecom satellite is a model I made once in Bryce, the background in an indoor HDRI. Camera, object and background were never changed, only the lenses. Top left the lens-less shot and right to it, David's idea. The other six are new creations: distortion filters, below a tube filter, two stretch filters and a zoom filter. Only the background is filtered, the foreground is left unchanged.

DistDistFilters.jpg
    1200 x 600 - 126K
    edited February 2015

Horo said:
    Starting with David's idea of a distance filter covered in one of his videos, I experimented a bit with creating more of the sort. Below the results. The telecom satellite is a model I made once in Bryce, the background in an indoor HDRI. Camera, object and background were never changed, only the lenses. Top left the lens-less shot and right to it, David's idea. The other six are new creations: distortion filters, below a tube filter, two stretch filters and a zoom filter. Only the background is filtered, the foreground is left unchanged.

All interesting, but in particular the one on the lower left.

While you've been doing that, your last render inspired me to try out the gas clouds in a terrestrial setting and experiment with some atmospheric effects.

Edit. Meant to say, that's one of your terrains I used there, the 1024 resolution version.

Also, to Alex, great work on the fruit materials and that blue vase material is very good also. I can understand how it is possible to spend a lot of time int the DTE. You have got super results though.

Firy_sunset1.jpg
    850 x 850 - 472K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
  • Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 509
    edited December 1969

Thank you everyone for your kind words on the stone fountain render. I'm very pleased with the results myself. I've made the fountain model available for your use and you may download it in this forum post: Stone Fountain

@hansmar: Neat abstract butterfly scene. Metaballs? Good work.

@mermaid: I love the Bryce rendered fractals! Awesome. May have to give that a try!

@David B.: Some very cool space scenes and nice atmospheric efforts on the land-based render.

@Horo: Do I feel a new Bryce lens product upcoming?! LOL I like your ice age scene. Very convincing.

@slepalex: WOW! The renders are great and the texturing on the grapes and other fruits make them look real. Excellent job.

@c-ram: Yes, you do inspire me! Looking forward to downloading your model. Thank you in advance for making it available.

Cheers everyone.

edited December 1969

@David - great result with B02. That's the one I used here. I also like the tube lens best.

@Art - another lens set? I don't think so. They are a bit trickier to use than the fisheyes. Maybe included in a future product.

RockSteps.jpg
    1000 x 667 - 167K
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    @David - great result with B02. That's the one I used here. I also like the tube lens best.

Terrain and sky (if a bit foreboding) look good. Terrain materials from one of the terrain sets?

Here, another overly dramatic sunset...

Firy_sunset2.jpg
    850 x 850 - 369K
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,392
    edited December 1969

Thanks Horo and Art

Slepalex – wow amazing renders and the textures especially on the grapes is awesome.

Horo – love the mammoth render, interesting experiments with the lens and distortion filters, the lighting of the landscape is awesome

David – very intriguing space scenes, All your renders are awesome, I especially like the retro_rocket 5 and the overly dramatic sunset renders.

A Cloudcity render with a difference…. The Aliencity model is from Sketchup Warehouse.

aliencity.jpg
    600 x 600 - 26K
  • Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859
    edited December 1969

hi all, just wanted to pop in and say hi and say well done to everyone's renders, simply amazing work :)

edited December 1969

@ Alex : you've got a pure style with your still life renders. All and all are breath taking and I like the way you play with light and textures on fruits, plates, tables and all the objects. Stunning work as usual!

@ Fencepost52 : Well, you know, my house is now finish and.. unfinished.. I mean that there's only two faces done. Only two faces with windows, doors, details. I'd like to add other things on it and as Horo write : don't spoil it! So I've got to work and to find inspiration to had more details.

@ David : nice landscape scene! The lightning is fantastic!

edited December 1969

Well, here's a new link to let you download the lodge I've modeled for "springtime" render last year. Use it for free and for your pleasure.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/si06513l9hscvxl/chalet.rar?dl=0

This discussion has been closed.