Daz to Unreal Update 4.0

13»

Comments

• I am using Unreal 4.27.2 and still get that build modules error. I installed daz to unreal via DIM then did other suggestion installing the version for 4.26 , manually adding the plugin to Unreal, etc and still no luck. Is there something else I am missing?

• I don't know if Daz has released an updated version on there recently.  I think they mostly release on Github now.  I do also.  Here are instructions for getting a new version off of github.  The last release on my Github (one of the options listed on the page) has a version for 4.27.  I've tested it with 4.27.0 and 4.27.1.  It should work with 4.27.2.

https://davidvodhanel.com/daz-to-unreal-manually-updating/

• Can we PLEASE get a version of this plug-in that works with unreal engine 4.27? Most of my assets and a lot of my scenes WILL NOT WORK ON 4.26 OR LOWER! And that's a big problem for me as they weren't cheap and I really want to use my Daz characters in them! Hence the reason I'm trying to branch out to unreal engine! I found blender a a PITA and C4d was not quite doing what I needed and forget maya and 3ds max!

• TGSNT said:

I am using Windows 10, Daz Studio 4.12.86 64-bit and Unreal 4.25.4 and the plug-in is not working properly for me, I have spent 2 days and many hours, uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin and trying many different G8M and G8F figures and it doesn't properly automap the skeleton no matter what I do. The characters look fine, and the textures and all that look good, but the animations never work right.  when I try to play the 3rd person animation in unreal for example, it runs as if the legs are broken. It does this even with base G8M figure with no modification. Clearly there is something wrong with my setup since no one else seems to have this problem.

i also get these errors everytime I import a figure:

I get these FBX Import errors everytime, even with a generic unclothed, unaltered G8M:

"! No smoothing group information was found in this FBX scene.  Please make sure to enable the 'Export Smoothing Groups' option in the FBX Exporter plug-in before exporting the file.  Even for tools that don't support smoothing groups, the FBX Exporter will generate appropriate smoothing data at export-time so that correct vertex normals can be inferred while importing. 

The following bones are missing from the bind pose:
      ik_foot_root  
      ik_foot_l  
      ik_foot_r  
      ik_hand_root  
    ! ik_hand_gun  
      ik_hand_r  
      ik_hand_l  

This can happen for bones that are not vert weighted. If they are not in the correct orientation after importing,
      please set the "Use T0 as ref pose" option or add them to the bind pose and reimport the skeletal mesh. "

Can I get a link to the correct instructions to use? Also what version of software works for both DS and Unreal. Are there some Daz plugins that are incompatible with the Daz to Unreal plugin?

im getting that too all the freaking time no matter what character or morphs I import into UNREAL 2.6x

how do I fix this annoying nonsense?!?!

• TGSNT said:

I am using Windows 10, Daz Studio 4.12.86 64-bit and Unreal 4.25.4 and the plug-in is not working properly for me, I have spent 2 days and many hours, uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin and trying many different G8M and G8F figures and it doesn't properly automap the skeleton no matter what I do. The characters look fine, and the textures and all that look good, but the animations never work right.  when I try to play the 3rd person animation in unreal for example, it runs as if the legs are broken. It does this even with base G8M figure with no modification. Clearly there is something wrong with my setup since no one else seems to have this problem.

i also get these errors everytime I import a figure:

I get these FBX Import errors everytime, even with a generic unclothed, unaltered G8M:

"! No smoothing group information was found in this FBX scene.  Please make sure to enable the 'Export Smoothing Groups' option in the FBX Exporter plug-in before exporting the file.  Even for tools that don't support smoothing groups, the FBX Exporter will generate appropriate smoothing data at export-time so that correct vertex normals can be inferred while importing. 

The following bones are missing from the bind pose:
      ik_foot_root  
      ik_foot_l  
      ik_foot_r  
      ik_hand_root  
    ! ik_hand_gun  
      ik_hand_r  
      ik_hand_l  

This can happen for bones that are not vert weighted. If they are not in the correct orientation after importing,
      please set the "Use T0 as ref pose" option or add them to the bind pose and reimport the skeletal mesh. "

Can I get a link to the correct instructions to use? Also what version of software works for both DS and Unreal. Are there some Daz plugins that are incompatible with the Daz to Unreal plugin?

TGSNT I got you beat! I'm on 2:54 am EST of day four trying to figure this out! Lol! But seriously HOW DO I FIX THIS. I don't want to pull another fruitless all-nighter here!

• So NO ONE knows how to fix this? Can someone PLEASE figure it out soon? I'm going on my 4th day of no sleep and I'm running ragged! I fell asleep at work five times today! Thank goodness I'm self employed! Otherwise I'd be canned by now! Can someone PLEASE fix it like soon please?

• Alternatively is there a way to pose the characters before importing them into unreal engine and having them imported in that pose or at least pose the individual limbs of the character in unreal engine? I'm doing still images (sorry I probably should have mentioned that from the beginning my bad) so I'm not concerned about it being animated before or after importing.

• .obj maybe?  

• EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 1,390

wow man, well the latest version of the pluging you can find more easy here:

https://github.com/David-Vodhanel/DazToRuntime

about some of your issues, those "errors" are minor errors and you can fix it in the unreal side.

all you have to do is open unreal with the pluging instaled and enabled.

you go for the "edit then go for project settings( in unreal panel)

then scrool down until you are on the "plugings" tab

then click on daz to unreal tab 

it will be looking like this:

then just make sure the frame zero is reference pose is marked

the "bone errors will disappear(most of then), and you will be able to export any daz character into any pose you want, to the unreal and it will be on that pose at the start, remember if you want to "animate" the character later you gonna still need to apply the unreal A pose if you want to retarget unreal animations, otherwise you gonna need to animate direct in unreal if you try to use the character exported pose if it not the unreal A pose. you only must export the character in a especific pose if he is on a static render  or on a static pose in a animation and not need to animate, otherwise don't export him and try to pose him direct inside unreal.

you can find on youtube some tutorials teachng how to pose inside unreal.

and before go full crazy as you are no and don't sleep try to look around for tutorials when you have issues, here on this forum you can find some tutorials from me and others users on how to do some stuffs with daz characters in unreal it don't have tutorial for everything but you cand find some basic usefull tutorials also some tutorials on youtube aswell.

• Ah yes I'll try that tonight! Wish me luck;)

• Ellessarr said:

wow man, well the latest version of the pluging you can find more easy here:

https://github.com/David-Vodhanel/DazToRuntime

about some of your issues, those "errors" are minor errors and you can fix it in the unreal side.

all you have to do is open unreal with the pluging instaled and enabled.

you go for the "edit then go for project settings( in unreal panel)

then scrool down until you are on the "plugings" tab

then click on daz to unreal tab 

it will be looking like this:

then just make sure the frame zero is reference pose is marked

the "bone errors will disappear(most of then), and you will be able to export any daz character into any pose you want, to the unreal and it will be on that pose at the start, remember if you want to "animate" the character later you gonna still need to apply the unreal A pose if you want to retarget unreal animations, otherwise you gonna need to animate direct in unreal if you try to use the character exported pose if it not the unreal A pose. you only must export the character in a especific pose if he is on a static render  or on a static pose in a animation and not need to animate, otherwise don't export him and try to pose him direct inside unreal.

you can find on youtube some tutorials teachng how to pose inside unreal.

and before go full crazy as you are no and don't sleep try to look around for tutorials when you have issues, here on this forum you can find some tutorials from me and others users on how to do some stuffs with daz characters in unreal it don't have tutorial for everything but you cand find some basic usefull tutorials also some tutorials on youtube aswell.

also it's ma'am or miss not man. I'm a lady;)

• Just ignore any warnings related to these bones

ik_foot_root  
      ik_foot_l  
      ik_foot_r  
      ik_hand_root  
    ! ik_hand_gun  
      ik_hand_r  
      ik_hand_l  

For the 4.27 version, if you grab it from my Github, there's a 4.27 version in there.

https://davidvodhanel.com/daz-to-unreal-manually-updating/

• Ellessarr your instructions worked well. Got some pretty nice results. Any idea how to import the subway car from the subway tunnel scene into unreal engine 4.27 or .26?

RemiliaSutton said:

Ellessarr your instructions worked well. Got some pretty nice results. Any idea how to import the subway car from the subway tunnel scene into unreal engine 4.27 or .26?

it's good it's worked, have fun and srry for the "man" it's just i way to speak no bad means from that :P blush

you mean the full scene or only the car?, as far i know it must go in the same way as you export the character, if it is a skeletal mesh then it will be exported as one if is just a object then export as one. 

• A.You good. i get called sir and young man so much despite being a lady that tbh im used to it by now. B. i meant just the car not the entire scene. i was gonna use the car itself in a seperate unreal scene. C. how the ham sandwiches (great now i made myself wanna go to Wawa for a sandwich lol) do i install the plugin from github into daz/unreal/both? Sorry for all the dumb quuestions.

RemiliaSutton said:

A.You good. i get called sir and young man so much despite being a lady that tbh im used to it by now. B. i meant just the car not the entire scene. i was gonna use the car itself in a seperate unreal scene. C. how the ham sandwiches (great now i made myself wanna go to Wawa for a sandwich lol) do i install the plugin from github into daz/unreal/both? Sorry for all the dumb quuestions.

here a tutorial about how to install

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/523076/tutorial-how-to-install-manually-the-daz-to-unreal-bridge-without-using-any-daz-install-program

remember if you already have a version installed and made any chances to the daz character like adding sockets and those stuff would be wise save the "skeleton from the character or you gonna have to do "again the job", because it will reset the skeleton back to be base.

here those pages can help you about how to "save" changed stuffs, like materials and skeleton

http://davidvodhanel.com/daz-to-unreal-manually-updating/

http://davidvodhanel.com/updating-daz-to-unreal/ ;

be welcome and have a nice weekend.

• Nm. I just followed the instructions above. Woohoo I now have TWO great software to use for my 3d artwork. I'm quite pleased with the results my UE scenes are giving me.

RemiliaSutton said:

Nm. I just followed the instructions above. Woohoo I now have TWO great software to use for my 3d artwork. I'm quite pleased with the results my UE scenes are giving me.

hmm good to know here a few more info before you came here again 'a little crazy because something is not working, some daz stuffs have natural limitations where or they really don't work outside daz or inside unreal or can't even be exported then while this topic is a little "old" most of it still "almost true to today

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/432206/daz-to-unreal-guide-for-newcomers-the-famous-before-your-buy-or-limitations/p1

also if you sneak more in the forum you can see others posts talking about others limitations

but to be fair in genereal avoid:

- dforce hair and fur they currently only work in daz or not work on unreal or can't be exported to unreal, dforce outfit works fine

- strand based hairs and fibermesh hairs, i would recomend to use with a lot of cautions, in many cases they don't work or can't be exported to unreal due to being too high poly for unreal to support then i would sair hairs big than 200k can be already troublesome and crash in unreal then pay attention when using then.

- the same can goes for too high poly outfits made by some artists here which don't have issues making outfits with millions of polygons,  then becarefull when using outfits and if for render or animation don't try to use full set of outfits above 300k vertices or be carefull when going above those numbers.

- any outfit with a rigify attachment can't be exported unless the attachment is exported apart and socket on the character or you try to transform it in a rigged component because most of then are just object and objects when exported are not "riged to the character which means not gonna follow it or broken or crach unreal

here show how to convert, it not gonna work with all the stuffs some outfits it not gonna work then or you remove everything and export each object to "parent/socket inside unreal or just ignore it

http://davidvodhanel.com/daz-to-unreal-fixing-accessories-that-dont-animate-with-the-character/

- well pure objects like weapons, and some acessories like rings, piercings are objects and must be exported apart from the character or try to follow the rule above for some cases for others just export it alone and attach direct to the character.

- well geoshell stuffs also don't proper export and need some workaround as i explained in the first link

- geografity elements also have some troublesomes where the big and most complex they are the big is the issue to proper work with then, you can find many posts here talking about then and some work arounds.

aside those limitations in general you can export almost everything and use it on daz, just be caution and whenever you try to export something and its "crashing" in unreal if is a big scene try to export it piece by piece to see what is doing the issue, because in some cases can be a "object with some daz only limitations in the scene.

the same goes for characters if you are trying to export a full "made character(with cloths, hair and bla bla bla) and its crashing try to export piece by piece like the naked character first then each piece of cloth to find what is making the crash because lik the scene it can be a single piece of outfit or hair which is crashing and if you don't find how to export it, you can switch to another one and export the character.

in general aways make some tests and when exporting stuff try to pay attention to some "daz only limitations" and try to see if you can find what is having issues if you can't fix you can come here and ask some help later.

again have a nice weekend.

• Daz to Unreal was working the other day and just ranomly started crashing. When i go to export Daz just crashes. Any high level tips?

• ViallyVially Posts: 343

And so now we have Unreal 5.1 and Genisis 9....

Planned updates?

• Greetings
    DAZ to Unreal workflow.
    From my personal experience I can say that the best workflow and cinematic quality is to export from Daz to Blender Genesis 2,3,8 character in FBX format and then add "mdd" animation made in DAZ. Only in this way you it can avoid body sprains and a thousand other problems and headaches.
    Subsequently export alembic to unreal.In Unreal you have to create all materials including those for the eyes, there is no need to replace them.Just create the right material and they become really beautiful.The alembic format is indispensable for complex and extreme poses and animations . Of course I tried exporting FBX animations from blender with use of diffeomorphic but the results are not so good. There are too many warping and other problems. I think, but I would not be mistaken that currently there is no plugin or better way that can equal workflow described above.
      I am attaching some pictures of my work.
    Of course I have to do right lighting. This I use only for demonstration purpose.
    Best regards

HighresScreenshot00012.jpg
    3062 x 1956 - 2M
    HighresScreenshot00015.jpg
    3062 x 2259 - 1014K
    HighresScreenshot00017.jpg
    3062 x 2259 - 1M
    HighresScreenshot00029.jpg
    3062 x 1920 - 1M
    HighresScreenshot00031.jpg
    3062 x 1920 - 918K