Carrara 8.5.0.172 Beta Now Available for Download

Comments

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376
    edited January 2013

More on topic - I believe the reason why some people are not getting the latest .172 Beta is because of caching issues. Try to clear browser cache and reset your download again. It could also be that there's a hiccup with caching between DAZ and their cloud server thingy. When I purchased Carrara I got .172 just like I should have so I'm guessing older customers might experience caching trouble.

Post edited by Harry Dresden on
  • ConnaticConnatic Posts: 279
    edited December 1969

More on topic - I believe the reason why some people are not getting the latest .172 Beta is because of caching issues. Try to clear browser cache and reset your download again. It could also be that there's a hiccup with caching between DAZ and their cloud server thingy. When I purchased Carrara I got .172 just like I should have so I'm guessing older customers might experience caching trouble.

Why would anything on my computer influence the contents of a reset?

edited December 1969

Connatic said:

Why would anything on my computer influence the contents of a reset?

Because if you have previously downloaded something and it is still in your browser memory (cache) you will more than likely be presented with the version that is already in your cache. Do note, I'm not advocating that this is without a doubt the case. I'm just offering a possible explanation for what is happening. Someone will have to test this to be sure.

edited December 1969

Because if you have previously downloaded something and it is still in your browser memory (cache) you will more than likely be presented with the version that is already in your cache. Do note, I'm not advocating that this is without a doubt the case. I'm just offering a possible explanation for what is happening. Someone will have to test this to be sure.

I do not believe I ever downloaded the betas, so it should not have been cached. I cleared anyways and retried the download and it remains to be .132.

Is there a way I can get the latest version? Will .132 work with the current serial code?

edited December 1969

All I can suggest then is contacting someone at DAZ and asking them what's cooking. Like I said, I received the .172 beta with my purchase last month so I really can't imagine why some would get a different version.

• thiphinothiphino Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

We are including the 8.5 Beta in your purchase of Carrara 8 or Carrara 8 Pro. You can run the production build of Carrara 8.1 side by side with this Beta build.

I'm sorry, but where is the link for downloading the CARRARA 8.5.0.172 beta?

• stu sutcliffestu sutcliffe Posts: 274
    edited December 1969

Connatic, Whatever version you can get should work with the current serial....It does for me..... for what thats worth.

edited December 1969

Connatic, Whatever version you can get should work with the current serial....It does for me..... for what thats worth.

Thanks Stu! I was waiting to confirm that before I installed. I also started a ticket about getting the latest version.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

thiphino said:
    We are including the 8.5 Beta in your purchase of Carrara 8 or Carrara 8 Pro. You can run the production build of Carrara 8.1 side by side with this Beta build.

There is no link anymore. If you want to test the beta, reset your itemized purchase history. A copy of the beta will be included.

edited December 1969

thiphino said:

Reset your Carrara 8 download. You'll find a beta for 8.5 with your other installers. At this stage it seems people are getting different versions of the Beta so if you don't get .172 file a ticket.

• stu sutcliffestu sutcliffe Posts: 274
    edited December 1969

Please explain "file a ticket" Ta!

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,916
    edited December 1969

File a support ticket.

• thiphinothiphino Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    There is no link anymore. If you want to test the beta, reset your itemized purchase history. A copy of the beta will be included.

Thank you very much!

• vissermvisserm Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

I am having problems installing Carrara 8.1.5.0.172 app. on a 10.7.5 64 bit mac with Carrara 8.1.1.12 64 install aready on the desktop. When I install it does not show any tools at the top of the menu. On a desktop Mac with lion intalled with 8.1 still on it does not show any content.

How is one suppose to install these files and what does it meant o put them side by side as the instructions say to not deinstall the older Carrara.
    HELP

• Eric3dddEric3ddd Posts: 67
    edited December 1969

Reset your Carrara 8 download. You'll find a beta for 8.5 with your other installers. At this stage it seems people are getting different versions of the Beta so if you don't get .172 file a ticket.

I reset my order and now I have 80 files in my available downloads. Not one of them is named 8.5 or beta.

2 files are named Carrara 8 Pro Upgrade - Mac64bit - zip - mac and 1 file is named Carrara 8 Pro Upgrade - Carrara 8 Application Mac 64 - zip - mac. Which one is the beta?

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI visserm :)

the Beta version is a completely separate program, so,.. It should be installed into a separate program folder,.

The beta does not need any other version of carrara to be installed,. and it's not an upgrade to Carrara 8.1

Carrara 8.1 and the Beta should not be installed into the same folder.

The beta version is not supplied with any (carrara native content) but,.. it should show any existing Poser or Daz Studio (content or Runtime) folders.

Try uninstalling the beta,. and if needed Carrara 8.1,. then re-install into separate folders,

Hope it helps :)

edited December 1969

Eric3ddd said:

I reset my order and now I have 80 files in my available downloads. Not one of them is named 8.5 or beta.

2 files are named Carrara 8 Pro Upgrade - Mac64bit - zip - mac and 1 file is named Carrara 8 Pro Upgrade - Carrara 8 Application Mac 64 - zip - mac. Which one is the beta?

I attached a screenshot of what it *should* look like.

beta.jpg
    797 x 608 - 197K
    edited December 1969

I attached a screenshot of what it *should* look like.

That's definitely not what mine looks like. I ended up downloading all 3 files. One of them was 8.5.0.132 which I installed. It's a lot more stable than 8.1.x. I'm still waiting for a response from Daz to get 8.5.0.172.
  • mosjomosjo Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

ok, so what is a valid serial for beta NOW? All the time the same problem..

edited December 1969

mosjo said:
    ok, so what is a valid serial for beta NOW? All the time the same problem..

The number in the first post of this thread will work until end of February.
  • YofielYofiel Posts: 204
    edited December 1969

ok, I was able to install the beta without file error by disabling Norton Security Suite's antivirus protection. But it says 'invalid serial number' with the serial number listed at the beginning of this thread, and 'the trial is expired' if I I press the 'trial' button.

A prior poster had asked about caching. To improve performance, some browsers ignore HTTP/HTTPS cache directives, in particular Opera and some other Mozilla derivatives.

edited December 1969

...and for that, instead of launching the beta from the installer, I browsed to the new exclusive folder I made for the installation to avoid prior broken installation attempts (which I left alone) and now

I CAN LAUNCH CARRA 8.5!&@!!!!! YAY!!!!!

alesya3.jpg
    689 x 822 - 248K
    edited December 1969

My first question is: is Carrara 8.5 capable of utilizing more than 2GB on 64-bit Windows? On 8.1, it seemed to threshold at 1.9GB as aocording to Task Monitor. Then it was sluggish when attempting to add more object instances.

edited December 1969

Also I want to say, THANK YOU. I had trouble getting the content installer to run on 8.1, but it worked flawlessly on 8.5172, and moreover not only did noew smart content appear, but also it scanned my computer and found all my runtimes so I don't have to install them manually. I won't hesitate so long before installing the next beta now. I am very happy )

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,716
    edited December 1969

emeyer said:
    My first question is: is Carrara 8.5 capable of utilizing more than 2GB on 64-bit Windows? On 8.1, it seemed to threshold at 1.9GB as aocording to Task Monitor. Then it was sluggish when attempting to add more object instances.

On my laptop (Vista64) I've had Carrara 8.1 64bit using just a little over 3Gb (only 4Gb on the system). Are you sure you installed or are running the 64bit version (I only ask because I've been know to inadvertently install and also run the 32bit version thinking it was the 64bit version)? I'll double check tonight with my new system running Win7 64bit and let you know if I can push it over the 2Gb limit.

edited December 1969

My ticket gave me useless results, being told I will have 2 different Carrara files. I already knew that, had stated such in the ticket. Neither file has 'Beta" listed and it looks nothing like the screen-grab above. I guess I am stuck in limbo and nobody at DAZ is going to deal with my problem. I shall not be buying anything here until this mess is resolved.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,046
    edited January 2013

it uses what it decides to :roll:
    this render it used over 7GB RAM for over a day other times not

Untitled2.jpg
    1919 x 1067 - 802K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

Connatic said:
    My ticket gave me useless results, being told I will have 2 different Carrara files. I already knew that, had stated such in the ticket. Neither file has 'Beta" listed and it looks nothing like the screen-grab above. I guess I am stuck in limbo and nobody at DAZ is going to deal with my problem. I shall not be buying anything here until this mess is resolved.
    When bad gets to worse, call the 800 number
  • atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Connatic said:

I don't understand what your problem is. Earlier in this thread you said you reset and had the beta and the full version. Then you said you downloaded 132. 132 IS beta.

edited December 1969

"CARRARA 8.5.0.172 is the latest Beta Build!" does not lead me to believe that .132 is the latest beta. If I am misunderstanding some way of thinking that means .132 = .172, please clarify this for me.

This discussion has been closed.