MetaHuman Creator - an Insane Level of Competition...

12345679»

Comments

• Bryan Steagall said:

@SasquatchisCool

Actually, there is a good tutorial out there for just that https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxJfZNOUmbE, works really well to combine daz bodies with Metahuman and I'm using it for my little short https://www.facebook.com/bryan.steagall/videos/375422407362591

@Wendy.  Yes, I know, but Rokoko is supposedly coming out with a solution that doesn't require one (as they do now), that will be less expensive than using something like Faceware or Dynamixyz (which I still use)

If any of you want to try out facial mocap, I'm willing to do a retarget on a metahuman if you provide me with a good webcam or static camera recording of you (something like this: https://vimeo.com/229093522, I'll retarget this and provide you with a UE sequencer or animation file.

Amazing tutorial, thanks.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,871
    edited September 2021

probably the cheapest way to animate Metahumans is with iClone7 facial puppeter and script and Livelink but I cannot even afford to upgrade to iC7, still would be a better buy than an iPhone though.

I did look at using iMotions and iC6 but it has far too many bones, the head was just a ball of bones, I manually mapped all of Genesis 3&8 to facial bones and use iClone6 and 3DX6 to do bone based facial animations and also many of the Paragon characters but this was just crazysurprise

CB3FF65A-9509-4A07-AFD0-DB516BBBE2A6.jpeg
    1920 x 1040 - 446K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited November 2021

Not tried creating the Mimic configuration file yet but I have managed to save a cr2 of my Metahuman head in Poser11

sadly after 5+ hours of FBX exporting she is not zero posed ( I chose the animated one and the animation didn't even export duh)

not tried loading it in DAZ studio yet either but I actually want to get the Mimic animations I create back into Unreal as I don't have an iPhone or iC7 Pipeline for the livelink

if I can even create any

morphs are at least under Head bone which is vital for Mimic to work in DAZ studio

update, sadly the morphs though they all are listed do nothing,

in DAZ studio either

• OK having some luck with bone movement but it breaks limits easily so need to be subtle

MetaWendy.png
    1920 x 1920 - 2M
    MetawendyCR2.JPG
    1920 x 1040 - 200K
    CaptureDSJPG.JPG
    1920 x 1040 - 182K
    Mimic.JPG
    1902 x 1049 - 233K
  • AsariAsari Posts: 703
    edited May 2022
    I had a look at MetaHuman today and it looks like you cannot download the character and render it in any other engine than UE and publish it (i.e. even non-commercially)? You cannot even purchase a license that allows you to post your MetaHuman render with another render engine?

Because if yes - yeah what a bummer. I don't render in UE, don't plan it, because I won't upgrade a GPU in the near future and will stick to CPU for the foreseeable future and also, I'm happy with my current renderer. It looks like I can get a far better base for my custom sculpts with MetaHuman than I get with DAZ models but if I can't post even non-commercial renders from other engines that's a No Go for me. Did I get the Terms of Epic correctly?

Post edited by Asari on
    edited June 2022

now you can use head scans or other meshes, probably not DAZ mesh though due to the EULA

• TirickTirick Posts: 228

Played with Mesh this morning, and brought in a character I'm working on for a story. It is fairly easy to use and the results are really fantastic. I don't like that the basic 'nude' body has large underwear (and sandals that can't readily be removied) that will make fitting many outfits difficult, but I'm sure there will be workarounds eventually. The control rig is incredibly detailed and well integrated into the figure. Overall though this might be a path to using my moderately large library of outfits, provided I can find a good workflow to refit the clothes. Working on that next. Fidelity of the mesh and figures are almost breathtaking. I do lose out on the figure skins I've purchased over the years, but maybe someday there will be a converter.

This shot was thrown together without a lot of post processor settings. I used Movie Render Queue to render it. With better lighting I think this would rival Daz. It's actually part of a very short animation on my DA page, for the curious.

DazToUnrealTesting.0058.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M

Tirick, you actualy can remove the footwear 

• DekeDeke Posts: 1,613

My interest is in animation, specifically talking figures. Metahuman has some great examples of this. Is there a possible workflow to capture facial information in metahuman and export that back to daz studio to apply it to a Daz figure?

well the same technology for one of the options using an iPhone already is available for DAZ figures 

https://www.daz3d.com/face-mojo--facial-mocap-retargeting-genesis-3-and-8-bundle

• DekeDeke Posts: 1,613

Thanks. Yes I'm using Face Mojo and the iphone motion capture. It's pretty amazing. That said, the videos of Metahumans seem more expressive and accurate. Maybe I just need to play with Face Mojo's setting more. 

they do have considerably more facial bones than DAZ G3&8

• jdavison67jdavison67 Posts: 587
    edited June 2022

Cool stuff for everyone.

I don't think DAZ is in any trouble, if anything there is even more opportunity.

The appeal of Unreal is the ability to create realtime, living and animated worlds, for your characters to play in.

I think there are real opportunities for everyone to grow the 3D community, in general, here.

JD

Post edited by jdavison67 on
  • TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 734
    edited July 2022

Here is my latest play at using a Daz Face Trans mesh to UE5 to MetaHuman

Check out the video below

Here is the Youtube version

Daz2MHTug.PNG
    844 x 546 - 437K
    Post edited by Tugpsx on