Brycers, link your galleries...

Comments

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,956

Horo said:

mermaid - main thing it works, and it does.

Just changed it and both work. I got confused with the http and https.blush

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,793

How do you put in a hyperlink with different text than the url to your gallery (like Mermaid has)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Chohole said:

mermaid010 said:

Chohole or Horo, how did you link your Gallery.. I linked mine but with the actually link...

Once you are on the page to edit your signature you use the wysiwyg tools to make the link, Type the name of your gallery,  then Highlight that and go to the add link tool,and add the link for your gallery.    you should now have a hyperlink from your typed name

edited February 2021

Thanks Chohole, I missed that.  I didn't use the wysiwyg tools, not sure where that is but I'll find it if I look around enough.

Edit:  I got it, thanks again.

Post edited by NGartplay on

Well, I don't got it.  When I try to add in a banner it wants a URL.  It doesn't let me upload a banner.  So I made a thread, uploaded my banner and used that url.  When I had the thread deleted the banner went away.  How do you all have banners?

Don't delete the thread. Normally I'll post in the Show us your Render thread, stating "Posting image to get link for Siggy"

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

There is also a thread in the Art Studio designated for posting the thumbnail of an image to use the URL later .    It's actually quite an entertaining thread in places.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/59113/an-ot-thread-for-images#latest

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069

Just using this thread to create the banners may be a good idea. (We have the Banner Parking Thread in the PA forum for this).

Horo said:

Just using this thread to create the banners may be a good idea. (We have the Banner Parking Thread in the PA forum for this).

Good idea yes

Did anyone here succeed to upload to the Gallery. Chohole posted a link to the discussion in the Commons, but it's very long 11 pages the last time I looked; and I can't get my head around the discussion. when I tried to upload the Sunset render a few days ago, I got the error "Page failed to save"

edited February 2021

I'd like to know which of these banners I should use.  The Fickle Fairy one was rendered in Poser so I don't want to use it and my Cookie avatar will be going too, that's Poser as well.

Maybe I'll just cycle them.

Post edited by NGartplay on

Mermaid010, I just tried posting to the gallery to see if it would work.  It kept saying that it was publishing but never moved on.  I then went to 'newest' in the gallery and my image was there.  Just save your page then publish.  Let it think for a bit then go check the gallery newest.

Horo, how do you have multiple albums?  I only have a root album and I can't see how to make more albums.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,091
    edited February 2021

NGartplay said:

Mermaid010, I just tried posting to the gallery to see if it would work.  It kept saying that it was publishing but never moved on.  I then went to 'newest' in the gallery and my image was there.  Just save your page then publish.  Let it think for a bit then go check the gallery newest.

Horo, how do you have multiple albums?  I only have a root album and I can't see how to make more albums.

Go to your gallery, click on the "Edit" button (screen capture 1) then "Add New Album" (screen capture 2) - mind you I haven't actually done it, but in theory it should work.

ETA: I'll be watching to see if it works for you, then I might add a couple myself - "Bryce" and "DS UltraScenery" I expect.

Capture-1.jpg
    1369 x 273 - 41K
    Capture-2.jpg
    1331 x 596 - 69K
    Post edited by MelanieL on

Thank you MelanieL, I swear I didn't see that.  Mine says 'image'.  I'll try it and see what I get.  Hugs!!!

edited February 2021

Thanks NGartplay, I'll give it a try. I like your banners.

Eta: I just added my first image to my gallery, it's very different but I suppose with time I will get used to it.

Post edited by mermaid010 on

Chohole, I have three posts in the link that you shared that I would like to be deleted from the thread.  Is that something that you can do?  I want to keep the post with all the signature banners but the other 3 I'd like to have deleted.

• huberthubert Posts: 410

It took me some time too to cope with this site's usability.

The link to my gallery should now appear in my signature.

Hubert

It is a good idea to link our galleries as we cannot do a search by artist.

No one needs to comment on an image that I made that they've already commented on here.  I haven't even viewed the gallery yet.

Quick question -To which categories will you guys add Abstracts or Stills?  blush

I used Contemporary for abstracts.  Not sure if that was best.  Perhaps stills work there too?

I used Fantasy for abstracts, which I have as Miscellaneous in my gallery.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,091
    edited March 2021

Did you know that if you tag images then that tag can be used as a category to browse the gallery (but won't turn up in the list of Categories itself - I assume that is pre-built by the Gallery mods). A lot of people are tagging as "Abstract" so you can see them here:
    https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/category/abstract

Or more generally you can find some Bryce tagged images here:
    https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/category/bryce
    Others here:
    https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/category/bryce-71-pro

Just type what you like after ..../category/... and see what you can find! (I agree that formal categories for Bryce, Landcape, etc would be good though)

[Edited three times for typos - my fingers aren't working well today]

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124

Yeah i would ask you since now don't forget to add tags.

I didn't in the past, now it seems that need is important.

MelanieL - great idea. Thank you.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions, so tagging is the way to go. yes

• SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911

Feedback has appeared in the gallery!

Slepalex 'thumbs up', thanks

Unfortunately, I did not find the "search by tags" option in the gallery.
    Only if in my gallery, under the picture, click the "Bryce" tag.

edited March 2021

Why don't you link your Gallery in your signature so it is easy to find.

Post edited by mermaid010 on

In the old gallery, I could type Horo or mermaid010 into the search box and I got into their galleries. How can I find Horo or mermaid010 in the updated gallery?