Portrait - Basic Lights Auto Set up [Commercial]

The “Portrait - Basic Lights Auto Set up” script uses all the best features of the “Histogram” plug in and the “Orbital Lights” plug in, to set up the lights, for any portrait of Genesis in Iray of Filament modes. The script will set up 3 lights rig, (key light, fill light and rim light) to match the pattern (Split, Loop, Rembrandt and Butterfly are the supported patterns) and the style (Broad or Short style) of your choice. You don’t have to struggle with the different light’s patterns and styles, the angles and the luminosity of each light. The script will set up the lighting for you and it will calculate the luminosity of each light with just few clicks. It also gives you the possibility to set up a new camera in Profile, 2/3, 3/4, or Full-Face view. If you have already made a light rig using the script, it finds the lights from the previous set up giving you the possibility for fine tuning. A preset tab is available for you, if you want to save the current set up for future use. You will need to have installed the “Histogram” plug-in and the “Orbital Lights” plug-in in your DAZ Studio for the script to work.

MDBPAS_Main_Promo.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 573K
MDBPAS_Popup_01.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 729K
MDBPAS_Popup_03.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 1M
MDBPAS_Popup_02.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 343K

Comments

• Useful  MikeD is there going to be a bundle for the 3 scripts  ?  that would be really really useful ;)

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Will this place multiple lights rigs by me clicking on a node in the viewport and/or scene tabs?

• MikeDMikeD Posts: 291
    edited February 2021

RenderScot said:

Useful  MikeD is there going to be a bundle for the 3 scripts  ?  that would be really really useful ;)

Yes I have bundled them all together ... wink

MDPLK_Bundle_Main.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 697K
    Post edited by MikeD on

nonesuch00 said:

Will this place multiple lights rigs by me clicking on a node in the viewport and/or scene tabs?

Yes it is going to place 3 lights (key, fill, rim) in the scene (and a new camera if you want). All you have to do is select a Genesis figure in the scene and execute the script. Then you can choose the pattern between split, loop, Rembrandt and butterfly (All the icons show you what to expect from each pattern even if you don't know what that patterns are). Also choose if you want a brad or a short style and the script will make the rest.

All the patterns and the styles are depended on the angle of the figure's head. The script calculates these light's angles, based on the Orbital lights plug in so you have the pattern you want no matter where the figure's head is looking at.

• MikeD said:

RenderScot said:

Useful  MikeD is there going to be a bundle for the 3 scripts  ?  that would be really really useful ;)

wooooo  any estimated  ETA  for this  sooo need to put the pennies away ;0

RenderScot said:

MikeD said:

RenderScot said:

wooooo  any estimated  ETA  for this  sooo need to put the pennies away ;0

Not any ETA yet ...

• MoreTNMoreTN Posts: 219

This looks brilliant. I had been interested in the Histogram and Orbital Lights products but wasn't sure I'd be able to make good use of them but, with the Script I can be sure to get good use out of them from day 1, and be able to experiment as well.

In the store now!

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,837

Instant place in the cart.

Would like to see, how others will take advantage of this interesting and intriguing set.

Congrats on the release, MikeD.

• veenveen Posts: 132

Finaly! i just woke up and saw this in the store so i purchased it and toke 2 days off to play with it.

Thank you very much Artini ...

Thanks Veen ...
    Check out the serials before you take the days off... I still have an issue that they don't appear in the Account/ Serial numbers that I am trying to resolve with DAZ ...

edited April 2021

great, thanks for the heads up! indeed no serials

Post edited by veen on
  • KomodoVRKomodoVR Posts: 115

The mean-spirited Daz Grinch has struck again. There are no serials in my account for the Histogram and Orbital plugins, either.

DAZ people have informed me that they are giving the serials to the accounts. I guess they will fix it shortly.

• KomodoVRKomodoVR Posts: 115

The serials are now in my account. The Daz Grinch is off to spoil fun with something else.

• What do I have to do to make Orbital Lighting show up in the panes list? I can't find it or the histogram script. The auto set up script shows up fine, but it say I can't use it until I add the orbital lighting pane.

edited April 2021

darrylriser_e0d31c6dd4 said:

What do I have to do to make Orbital Lighting show up in the panes list? I can't find it or the histogram script. The auto set up script shows up fine, but it say I can't use it until I add the orbital lighting pane.

In the menu "Help/About installed plugins" in DAZ Studio write the serial numbers provided by DAZ. You can find them if you log in into DAZ site, click on your avatar icon at the top right corner and choose Account. You can find them into the "My Serial Numbers" tab.

Then got to Menu Window/panes (Tabs) in DAZ Studio and click on Histogram and Orbital Lights plug in. .. the tabs will show up ... then you can drag them to any panel you want

Post edited by MikeD on
  • ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,960
    Question I just want the 3 point light setup script but I need to buy all 3 plugins?

ALLIEKATBLUE said:

Question I just want the 3 point light setup script but I need to buy all 3 plugins?

Unfortunately yes ... The 3 point light script is using functions of the Histogram and the Orbital lights plugins to calculate the luminosity and the rotation of the lights relatively to the figure ....

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,960
    Ok well too rich for my blood. Will WL
  • KerwinKerwin Posts: 124

Great stuff, Mike!   I really like how easy & efficient it is for lighting setups.   It really has speeded up my workflow and is giving me great Iray resuls.

Small recommendation: Registrations instructions need be more prominate.   Perhaps include a reminder to register on the store page.   (I bought the bundle and was a little confused until I remebered that Install Manager doesn't put the serials in.  ;)

-K

edited April 2021

Kerwin said:

Great stuff, Mike!   I really like how easy & efficient it is for lighting setups.   It really has speeded up my workflow and is giving me great Iray resuls.

Small recommendation: Registrations instructions need be more prominate.   Perhaps include a reminder to register on the store page.   (I bought the bundle and was a little confused until I remebered that Install Manager doesn't put the serials in.  ;)

-K

Thank you so much Kerwin ... In deed I realized too late that I have missed to give thorough instruction about plugins activation and set the serials ... You are absolutely right about this ...

- Mike

Post edited by MikeD on
  • wscottartwscottart Posts: 431
    edited April 2021

During the installation from DIM, there was never a pop up or anything indicating a serial was needed. I would not have learned about the need for the serial number.

Post edited by wscottart on
  • IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,579

I would love to see some more results/images made with this bundle.

• That was it. Thank. They were already in the list in Daz, but once I recopied them from the site, they showed up in the pane. Thanks.

MikeD said:

darrylriser_e0d31c6dd4 said:

What do I have to do to make Orbital Lighting show up in the panes list? I can't find it or the histogram script. The auto set up script shows up fine, but it say I can't use it until I add the orbital lighting pane.

In the menu "Help/About installed plugins" in DAZ Studio write the serial numbers provided by DAZ. You can find them if you log in into DAZ site, click on your avatar icon at the top right corner and choose Account. You can find them into the "My Serial Numbers" tab.

Then got to Menu Window/panes (Tabs) in DAZ Studio and click on Histogram and Orbital Lights plug in. .. the tabs will show up ... then you can drag them to any panel you want

edited April 2021

I just wanted to say a vew things, I don't know if it's a "bug" but when I use the script he suggests making hair invisible but that doesn't happen when I'm in iray preview mode.

And the cube view controls are not popping in to place after the light calculation.

Post edited by veen on

Hey veen,

Yes, the script suggests to turn hair visibility off, because the (usually) dark color of the hair may confuse the photometer and the calculation but it is not a necessity ...

You can turn the hair visibility off in Iray preview by clicking the eye icon next to the hair item into the scene tab. (check attachments).

In deed it is a bug and the cube controls are not coming back after the calculations and it has to be done manually for now .... I have to correct it in an update ... Thanks a lot for pointing this out ....

Scene visibility 01.png
    917 x 867 - 787K
    Scene visibility 02.png
    917 x 867 - 252K

MikeD said:

Hey veen,

Yes, the script suggests to turn hair visibility off, because the (usually) dark color of the hair may confuse the photometer and the calculation but it is not a necessity ...

You can turn the hair visibility off in Iray preview by clicking the eye icon next to the hair item into the scene tab. (check attachments).

In deed it is a bug and the cube controls are not coming back after the calculations and it has to be done manually for now .... I have to correct it in an update ... Thanks a lot for pointing this out ....

***Thanks a lot for pointing this out *** Your welcome, Great plugin!! i'm looking forward to see more handy stuff like this.

• Mark_e593e0a5Mark_e593e0a5 Posts: 1,569

I am a bit jealous that I cannot use that great set of products (using a Mac). Any chance we might see this adopted?