Portrait - Basic Lights Auto Set up [Commercial]

Comments

• veenveen Posts: 132

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

I am a bit jealous that I cannot use that great set of products (using a Mac). Any chance we might see this adopted?

Maybe you can run Daz studio in Windows on Vmware or Virtualbox and export the project to Mac and render it? i mean you only need the lights, you need to save the project and export. shoud be the most easy solution.

• MikeDMikeD Posts: 291

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

I am a bit jealous that I cannot use that great set of products (using a Mac). Any chance we might see this adopted?

Hey mark,

No I am very sorry ... no plans for Mac at least for the near future ...

• ChakradudeChakradude Posts: 249

Hi I just bought the bundle. very excited to use it but I was hoping to start with the auto setup. I have the other two panes installed and working but when I try to use the portarait-basic lights auto script it just gives me "an error occured while reading the script." the log just says the same thing...

I have not hair loaded and am in iray

help please!

Thanks 

Bob

edited April 2021

Chakradude said:

Hi I just bought the bundle. very excited to use it but I was hoping to start with the auto setup. I have the other two panes installed and working but when I try to use the portarait-basic lights auto script it just gives me "an error occured while reading the script." the log just says the same thing...

I have not hair loaded and am in iray

help please!

Thanks 

Bob

Hi Bob,

I have sent you a PM ...

Post edited by MikeD on

Thanks I hope we can get it worked out. Meanwhile I sucseeded in getting the orbital light plugin working- it is so great! Reminds me of what I liked about poser years ago...

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,869

So it does not work out of the box?

I have not started using it at all, so will wait for the updates.

A bit disappointed, though...

In my dialog with mikeD he clairified that you must be using studio 4.15 to use the auto script at least... I am still using 4.12 and deciding whether or not I am ready to take the plunge as I have had bad experiences with upgrades of DS and I can't afford to loose my use of studio as I am on a big project right now.

edited April 2021

Artini said:

So it does not work out of the box?

I have not started using it at all, so will wait for the updates.

A bit disappointed, though...

The script will run if you have DS v.4.15.0.2. The plug-ins don't have that restriction ...

In my dialog with mikeD he clairified that you must be using studio 4.15 to use the auto script at least... I am still using 4.12 and deciding whether or not I am ready to take the plunge as I have had bad experiences with upgrades of DS and I can't afford to loose my use of studio as I am on a big project right now.

Exactly as Chakradude wrote ... Thanks Chakradude ... I really appreciate the comment ..

Post edited by MikeD on

Ok, thanks for the explanation. Will check, how it works on my system.

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

Chakradude said:

There are a couple of work arounds for this but first and foremost back up your 4.12 version so if you do decide to upgrade you have a back up just in case.  You could try installing the beta version to see how that works for you first, it does not overwrite the working copy of DS.

The other was, trying to remember, change the name of the working copy folder. (Do this at your own risk and don't forget to save that backup somewhere)  Then when you install the 4.15 version you still have a working 4.12.  (Not my tip and have not tried this, will have to find the original post)

edited April 2021

It looks like nobody would like to post their results with the set.

What has happened? Does it mean, that nobody uses it?

This is really dissapointing - please post some renders. Let us enjoy your renders, pretty please.

Post edited by Artini on

Why one cannot move camera freely after applying the script?

All adjustments X Translate, Y Translate and Z Translate only rotate the camera view.

What is going on????????

edited April 2021

Besides that, the script calculate the lights in wrong way.

All renders are too bright. Not so happy about that.

The other annoying thing is, that the camera controls are moved to the upper row.

My screen has only 1200 lines and I always like to keep camera controls on the right side of the viewport.

Could you please fix these issues.

Post edited by Artini on
    edited April 2021

Below is one of my firsts renders done with the script of

https://www.daz3d.com/snowflake-for-aiko-7

SnowFlakeA7sc01pic03.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 299K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • Artini said:

All adjustments X Translate, Y Translate and Z Translate only rotate the camera view.

What is going on????????

The camera is probably set to Point At another node - select it and check the Constraints group in the Parameters pane.

edited April 2021

Artini said:

What is going on????????

Exaclty as Richard said (thanks Richard)... The script is setting the 'Point at" property of the camera to the head of the figure so it will always follow the head if you turn it ... You can select the camera and set the "Point At" property to none ...

Post edited by MikeD on
    edited April 2021

Artini said:

The other annoying thing is, that the camera controls are moved to the upper row.

My screen has only 1200 lines and I always like to keep camera controls on the right side of the viewport.

Yes, as I can see the lightness is set to 175 instead of 135 which is the value in the config file ... you can set it into a lower value (I had it in 135 in the config file and it should save your new value any time you change it, but I guess some bug is there) ... I will correct it in an update ... In the meantime you can set the Target Lightness into a smaller value (see attachment) and maybe save a preset with your desirable values. Remember 0-> black, 255 white, so a value of 128-135 should be good for most figures ...
    I know about the bug of the camera controls ... It needs to be in docked view controls to calculate the luminosity but it is not going back to Cube View Controls. It will be fixed in an update too ... in the meanwhile you can change it back by clicking in the menu of the viewport and choose "Cube View Controls" (see attachment), or through the Histogram plugin (see attachment).

I am sorry for the inconvenience Artini.

Mike

Set luminosity.png
    561 x 892 - 146K
    viewport cube controls.png
    426 x 193 - 12K
    Instogram cube controls.png
    442 x 170 - 14K
    Post edited by MikeD on
    edited April 2021

Thanks a lot, Richard. It is great to have a real supporting person, like you on the forums.

Otherwise frustration, tears and unability to proceed, will be common here.

Below is an example usage on Asher - https://www.daz3d.com/asher-hd-for-genesis-8-male

Do you think, the brightness is ok?

Asher01sc03pic02.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 202K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited April 2021

Never mind.

I begin to actually like this Auto Setup. It is no one click solution, but it is very close to "Make Art" button.

Below is my try on Misumi - https://www.daz3d.com/misumi-hd--signature-smile-hd-expression-for-genesis-8-female

Misumi001sc04pic03.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 307K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited April 2021

Artini said:

Thanks a lot, Richard. It is great to have a real supporting person, like you on the forums.

Otherwise frustration, tears and unability to proceed, will be common here.

Below is an example usage on Asher - https://www.daz3d.com/asher-hd-for-genesis-8-male

Do you think, the brightness is ok?

I think I wrote my opinion about the WRONG brightness in the message just before your two last posts and I agreed with you... The Lightness slider should be in a value of 135 and the script is setting 175 ...I also answered your other questions and I said that these bugs will be fixed in an update ...

I also apologized for any inconvenient about the script ...

If you want I can copy - paste the whole answer here as well ...

-Mike

Post edited by MikeD on

MikeD said:

Artini said:

Yes, as I can see the lightness is set to 175 instead of 135 which is the value in the config file ... you can set it into a lower value (I had it in 135 in the config file and it should save your new value any time you change it, but I guess some bug is there) ... I will correct it in an update ... In the meantime you can set the Target Lightness into a smaller value (see attachment) and maybe save a preset with your desirable values. Remember 0-> black, 255 white, so a value of 128-135 should be good for most figures ...
    I know about the bug of the camera controls ... It needs to be in docked view controls to calculate the luminosity but it is not going back to Cube View Controls. It will be fixed in an update too ... in the meanwhile you can change it back by clicking in the menu of the viewport and choose "Cube View Controls" (see attachment), or through the Histogram plugin (see attachment).

I am sorry for the inconvenience Artini.

Mike

Sorry, I have missed that part. Great, that you will fix it. All the best.

Sorry, I have missed that part. Great, that you will fix it. All the best.

No hard feelings Artini.

Thanks ...

edited April 2021

Wow, with 135 value of lightness the script create the render up to my taste.

With every use of Basic Lights Auto Setup, I like it better and better.

MikeD, you are a genius...

Below is another example of using the script on Tristan 8 - https://www.daz3d.com/tristan-8

Also used a bench and the pose from another winner from MikeD:

https://www.daz3d.com/md-bench-prop-and-poses-for-genesis-8

Tristan802pic03.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 577K
    Post edited by Artini on

Thats the right spot for brightness ... Excellent light balance Artini.

Thanks for your words..

edited April 2021

Just one more experiment with the script.

Before:

After (with Rembrant settings):

Before.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 227K
    After.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 241K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • kenponsankenponsan Posts: 3

This product is great.

I'm using the Basic Lights Auto Set up script.

Do you have a good idea to brighten the whole body of the 3D model?

The feet of the 3D model will be dark.

The script settings are the default.

Should I also use environment light?

I'm using google translate.

I'm sorry if you don't understand the meaning.

Thank you for browsing my question.

1.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 59K
  • veenveen Posts: 132

I realy like this plugin! i use it all the time for my promo,s on Renderhub since it is released. It greatly improve the speed of creating promo images as the light are not static but can move along side the characters pose, after removing the "null" in the head  you can move the light as group freely trought the scene. Next challenge for me is to create hi quality promo,s and dip my toes in the Daz store ;)

i just noticed your planning an update, do you have any ETA for that?

kind regards

veen said:

I realy like this plugin! i use it all the time for my promo,s on Renderhub since it is released. It greatly improve the speed of creating promo images as the light are not static but can move along side the characters pose, after removing the "null" in the head  you can move the light as group freely trought the scene. Next challenge for me is to create hi quality promo,s and dip my toes in the Daz store ;)

i just noticed your planning an update, do you have any ETA for that?

kind regards

Thank you very much Veen,

Unfortunatelly no, I don't have any ETA. I hope to be out as soon as possible ... The things the update will correct are:

- The initial target lighting for the main light will be at 128-132 as now it takes the wrong value 175 and the portraits are overexposed (you can correct it manualy now, untill the update be released)

- It will return the viewport at the "Cube View Controls" as now it stays at "Docked View Controls" (you can change it back manualy from the viewport menu, untill the update be released)

- It will save your preferences to the config file.

I wish you the best ...

- Mike

edited May 2021

kenponsan said:

This product is great.

I'm using the Basic Lights Auto Set up script.

Do you have a good idea to brighten the whole body of the 3D model?

The feet of the 3D model will be dark.

The script settings are the default.

Should I also use environment light?

I'm using google translate.

I'm sorry if you don't understand the meaning.

Thank you for browsing my question.

Thank you kenponsan.

Sorry for my late answer...

If you want to light the entire figure increase the "Light's Distance from figure" slider. At the distance of 5 m or even 10 m the light will be far enough to illuminate the entire figure...

You may also want to decrease the "target lighting" of the main light to a value of 128 -132 to have better results, until an update will be release as now the 175 value is wrong..

Thanks again

Post edited by MikeD on

Update Ver 1.1 is now released.

Updates History

-----------------------------

Version 1.1 June 2021

- The script is now correctly saving and reading the config file. The config file will be saved only if you use the "Ok" button of the dialog. The "Close" button does not save the config file.
    - The priority is (existing lights set up) > (config file settings).
    - The 3D vieport is now returning to the "Cube View Controls" after the luminous calculations, if the "Cube View Controls" was initially selected.
    - The default value of the "target lightness" for the main light is now 134 instead of the original value of 175 which produced overexposed images.
    - A "Restore Default Values" button is added to the bottom of the dialog window to get all the values back to the default ones.

Rememeber you can always change the target lightness of the main light to your desirable value, if the 134 is not good for you.

Thanks for your patience!

- Mike