[Released] PARSIS: a fast particles system [commercial]

13»

Comments

• johranshadijohranshadi Posts: 134

Thank you, Alberto. You are the best!

One last question. How do you make the particles follow a path (like in the promo showing the traveling electric current)?

• AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,382

johranshadi said:

Thank you, Alberto. You are the best!

One last question. How do you make the particles follow a path (like in the promo showing the traveling electric current)?

You're welcome! 

Just add a Force field and set the object you want to serve as a path constraint as its Geometric node. The thinner the object, the higher the precision has to be. Play with the Strength of the Force field and the Voxel size to get better results (in this case, I used Strenght= 20, Voxel size = 2.35, and precision 10, but it may vary according to the object in the Force field).

• johranshadijohranshadi Posts: 134

Thanks, I appreciate you taking the time to help me 

johranshadi said:

Thanks, I appreciate you taking the time to help me 

You're welcome! Glad to be helfpul! 

• kervalakervala Posts: 184
    edited February 2022

Hi Alvin :)

Parsis is really amazing, thanks for publishing it :)

I'm creating an animation at 12 FPS, but I din't succeed to generate particles animation at the correct keyframes :( Eveything is incorrect in the timeline, the particles duration is wrong as well as their position and so on. In my scene, I have 54 frames at 12 FPS, I would like the particles simulation starts at the frame 23 and finishes at frame 50 (I put "Active production of particles" ON/OFF at these positions). When I put 12 FPS parameters of PARSIS, no particles are generated so I have to put 30 everytime and I have to use a wrong "Number of frames" parameters, it should be 135 (for 54 frames at 12 FPS). But everytime I run the simulation, the particles are only generated for 16 frames and starts a lot sooner I would like (at frame 13). I tried with a lot of "Number of frames" random numbers but it doesn't seem to change anything :(

Please how could I fix/achieve that ? I just would like the particles correspond to my keyframes on the timeline.

Thank you so much :)

Post edited by kervala on
    edited February 2022

kervala said:

I'm creating an animation at 12 FPS, but I din't succeed to generate particles animation at the correct keyframes :( Eveything is incorrect in the timeline, the particles duration is wrong as well as their position and so on. In my scene, I have 54 frames at 12 FPS, I would like the particles simulation starts at the frame 23 and finishes at frame 50 (I put "Active production of particles" ON/OFF at these positions). When I put 12 FPS parameters of PARSIS, no particles are generated so I have to put 30 everytime and I have to use a wrong "Number of frames" parameters, it should be 135 (for 54 frames at 12 FPS). But everytime I run the simulation, the particles are only generated for 16 frames and starts a lot sooner I would like (at frame 13). I tried with a lot of "Number of frames" random numbers but it doesn't seem to change anything :(

Please how could I fix/achieve that ? I just would like the particles correspond to my keyframes on the timeline.

Hi, Kervala!

The problem is that Parsis always starts the simulation at frame 0. If you set the mesher's Completion to 0 % at frame 23 and 100 % at frame 50, the simulation will appear between these two frames (if not, re-synchronize the mesher by disabling and re-enabling it). But the simulation won't be synchronized with the objects in the scene. There are two possible independent solutions:

1. Split the animation of the scene so the simulation can start at frame 0.
    2. Or, before running the simulation, set the Production rate of the sources to 0 at the frames 0 and 22, and set it to 100 (or whatever rate you want) at frame 23. The Completion of the mesher should be 0% at frame 0 and 100 % at frame 50. Use the same type of key interpolation in Production rate and Completion keyframes to assure synchronization of the simulation with the mesher. Note: The number of frames in the Parsis Engine node (or the Parsis Pane) should be set to 50 in your example.

Every time you change the number of frames of a simulation, you have to disable and re-enable the mesher if it was enabled during the running.

If you have any more questions, let me know, please.

Thank you for your words!

Post edited by Alberto on

Alberto said:

kervala said:

Hi, Kervala!

The problem is that Parsis always starts the simulation at frame 0. If you set the mesher's Completion to 0 % at frame 23 and 100 % at frame 50, the simulation will appear between these two frames (if not, re-synchronize the mesher by disabling and re-enabling it). But the simulation won't be synchronized with the objects in the scene. There are two possible independent solutions:

1. Split the animation of the scene so the simulation can start at frame 0.
    2. Or, before running the simulation, set the Production rate of the sources to 0 at the frames 0 and 22, and set it to 100 (or whatever rate you want) at frame 23. The Completion of the mesher should be 0% at frame 0 and 100 % at frame 50. Use the same type of key interpolation in Production rate and Completion keyframes to assure synchronization of the simulation with the mesher. Note: The number of frames in the Parsis Engine node (or the Parsis Pane) should be set to 50 in your example.

Every time you change the number of frames of a simulation, you have to disable and re-enable the mesher if it was enabled during the running.

If you have any more questions, let me know, please.

Thank you for your words!

Thanks a lot for your reply :)

Yes, I always start the simulation at frame 0 and stop it at frame 53. I'm sorry, I used the wrong terms, but you're right it'll be easier to use "Production rate" instead of "Active production of particles" :)  And I didn't remember about disabling/enabling the mesher :) Thanks for your advices, I'll try them :)

I confirm, it works perfectly now :) I suppose the problem was I didn't disable/reenable the Mesher when changing the number of frames :s

Thanks again for your help :)

kervala said:

I confirm, it works perfectly now :) I suppose the problem was I didn't disable/reenable the Mesher when changing the number of frames :s

Thanks again for your help :)

You're welcome! smiley 

• First off I love your products. Mindblowing stuff, Fluidos with it collision and "breakable mesh" n2m all the other ways you have given us to manipulate daz in ways far beyond normal capabilities and with manageable interfaces. On to my question. I would like to use this to make the flame cone on a missile prop the emitter and produce a contrail using a cloud shader/prop that fades in opacity as the simulation frames wear on. How would I set that to work?(also if the trail could drift and expand slightly while fading that would be even better)

coreystarcher1986 said:

First off I love your products. Mindblowing stuff, Fluidos with it collision and "breakable mesh" n2m all the other ways you have given us to manipulate daz in ways far beyond normal capabilities and with manageable interfaces.

Thank you! 

coreystarcher1986 said:

On to my question. I would like to use this to make the flame cone on a missile prop the emitter and produce a contrail using a cloud shader/prop that fades in opacity as the simulation frames wear on. How would I set that to work?(also if the trail could drift and expand slightly while fading that would be even better)

You can use the Targeting Material option for the opacity and colors. Set On Enable to target material. Set Initial material to 0, and Material target to the number of steps to reach the target . Time to reach material target (s) is the time in seconds a particle will stay in each step. E.g. if Material target is 4, and Time to reach material target is 0.2, each particle, at its birth, will take the material.0. At its age time 0.2, the particle will change its material to the number1; next, at its 0.4 seconds age, to the material 2, and so on.

When you point a Parsis Mesher to the Data folder of the simulation the shader of the mesher will show the materials: ParsisMat000, ParsisMat001, ParsisMat002, ParsisMat003, and ParsisMat004. You should customize these materials to get the effect. E. g. you can set the opacity to 100 % in ParsisMat000, opacity 80 % in ParsisMat001, and so on.

You can control the expansion of the particles with the Dispersion of initial orientation and speed property of the souce.

There is a  new tutorial for PARSIS:

Fireworks

• Mark_e593e0a5Mark_e593e0a5 Posts: 1,569

I seem to have issues with PARSIS on my Intel Mac, running MacOS Monterey (12.5.1). With the PARSIS plug-in installed, D|S crashes on startup in about 9 of 10 tries. With PARSIS plugin not installed it loads normal. 

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

I seem to have issues with PARSIS on my Intel Mac, running MacOS Monterey (12.5.1). With the PARSIS plug-in installed, D|S crashes on startup in about 9 of 10 tries. With PARSIS plugin not installed it loads normal. 

Could you please send me the error log generated by Daz Studio or the log file you get in Troubleshooting - View log file?

• Mark_e593e0a5Mark_e593e0a5 Posts: 1,569

Alberto said:

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

Could you please send me the error log generated by Daz Studio or the log file you get in Troubleshooting - View log file?

Thanks a lot for the rapid response. I will send you the macOS crash log and the DS log in a PM.