Where can i find animate lite?

lorwenlorwen Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi,

I'm searching for animate lite register next to the timeline. I can not find it under taps (pannels).
I do not want to bay Animate 2.

Just learing how to use it because I don't like animations.

HA-K18L5-1.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 380K

Comments

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 7,018
    edited October 2014

You can find the panel for Animate in Window --> Panes (Tab).

Window.JPG
    399 x 103 - 17K
    Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • lorwenlorwen Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

No, sorry. I do not.

Please, have a look.

HA-K18L5-1-1.jpg
    318 x 847 - 81K
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

First of all, go to Help > About Installed Plugins, and see what it says there for Animate.

You could also try changing your Layout to something else, then changing back again to your normal Layout to see if that helps to bring it back.

edited December 1969

ok... PlugIns

Animate 2 is disable. For sure, I haven't bought it and I don't want it. The Lite Version is not listed. :-(
    Can I get it, somewhere?

Chancing Style and Layout (done) --> no animate :-(

animate1.jpg
    648 x 566 - 72K
    edited December 1969

Animate Lite is part of the DAZ Studio install.

What happens is this, you are give a 30 day evaluation of Animate2, and then it should revert to the Lite version. That does not seem to have happened in your case, and I haven't seen this before. What version of DS are you using, Help > About DAZ Studio will give you the full version number.

You may need to re-install the latest version of DS which you can get from your My Account > Product Library. I have no idea why this is happening. Reinstalling DS will not remove any of your content, or change anything, but it may correct this error.

edited October 2014

ok, I will do so! Thank you SOOOO much!

edit: 4.6.3.52 pro

Post edited by lorwen on
    edited December 1969

I re-installed DS (with Manager) and the new one is also without AniMate. :-(

edited December 1969

lorwen said:
    I re-installed DS (with Manager) and the new one is also without AniMate. :-(

I am baffled by this behaviour, I haven't heard of it before. Perhaps if you were to go to the Plugins folder in
    C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins (64 bit version) or C:\Program Files (x86)\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins (32 bit version)

and look for aniMate2.dll, and see what the date is. Is it the same date as the rest of the Plugins there? If not, delete it, reinstall DAZ Studio again.

I was hoping that someone else would have responded by now. I do have the paid for plugin, and it is registered, to I can't really help with the Lite version.

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914
    edited December 1969

In the screenshot in your very first post, it looks like you ARE in the animate-lite window. (See the timeline controls at the bottom of the screen?) that's where you change how many frames your animation will have, what frame number your pose is currently residing on and how many frames per second your animation is.

I also have animate2 now, but I believe that's all you have with animate-lite.

edited December 1969

I deleted the PlugInFile and reinstalled DS.

Nothing chanced, but thanks for the fine idea.

No, the screen is about timeline-animation, not animate-lite. The register next to timeline is still missing (animate-lite).

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384
    edited December 1969

I believe we have a breakdown in communication. :)

As others have said, animate lite is included for free with DAZ Studio. However, a trial version of animate 2 is included as well. Since the two programs are essentially the same, with animate lite simply lacking some of the features of the full program, when the trial version expires you will be left with animate lite. Apparently your trial period has not expired, so you still have access to animate2. In other words, you cannot use animate lite yet, because it hasn't reverted. Wait, and it will. In the meantime, there is no reason why you shouldn't use animate2 if you want to create animations.

As for your question about registering, there is no registration for animate lite, since it is included for free. If you are thinking that you can get rid of animate2 and replace it with animate lite by registering, you cannot. As I mentioned, if you want the lite version, you will need to wait until the trial period for animate 2 has expired.

I am curious, though, as to why you have an apparent aversion to using animate 2 while it is active? It is, as I said, essentially the same program only with some extra features temporarily enabled. Animate will still work essentially the same after the trial period expires, but with the extra features then disabled.

• zombiewhackerzombiewhacker Posts: 681
    edited December 1969

What features does Animate Lite offer versus Animate2?

edited December 1969

@SixDs

If you look at the screenshots posted by the OP, you will see that Animate2 says 'Evaluation : Disabled'

Also, neither Animate nor Animate2 appears in Window > Panes (Tabs)

@zombiewhacker
    Animate Lite (the free version) does not have the ability to save Aniblocks Have a look at the paid for plugin here : http://www.daz3d.com/gofigure/animate2 to see what it offers.

@lorwen
    Can you please try to use one of the other Layouts, Like City Limits, Go to Window > Workspace > Select Layout, and see if that makes any difference. In the meantime, I'm sure someone will be able to help, just hang on.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,551
    edited December 1969

Ddi you previously try entering your DS 4 Pro serial number into the box for the AniMate 2 serial? Entering a bad serial can cause issues - though if it is the problem here it's the first time I've seen it in relation to AniMate 2.

edited December 1969

lorwen said:

No, the screen is about timeline-animation, not animate-lite. The register next to timeline is still missing (animate-lite).

The timeline is Animate. You set your pose, then change your frame in the timeline and select your new pose. All the frames between those 2 will transition the character from the first pose to the next, creating an animation.
    The Animate2 tab at the bottom of the screen (in the default layout) just might need to be added to your current layout by going to Window -> preferences
    In the right box, select Menus and see if your animate stuff is listed, if not you can drag it over from the menu on the left. All it really is, is a slightly more complex timeline

edited October 2014

@Richard

No never. I haven't ever used it before. I needed it for a homework, but I can not use any, AniMate lite nor AniMate 2 (trail) because the tap is not available.

animate2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 265K
    Post edited by lorwen on
    edited December 1969

Did you try as Richard suggested, and enter your DAZ Studio Pro Serial Number into the box for Animate2 in Help > About Installed Plugins?

The above may make it work

@kaotkbliss
    The Timeline and Animate are two different things. You can have both appearing at the bottom of the screen, but the OP does not have the Animate tab available in Window > Panes (Tabs), that is the problem.

edited December 1969

Did you try as Richard suggested, and enter your DAZ Studio Pro Serial Number into the box for Animate2 in Help > About Installed Plugins?

The above may make it work

@kaotkbliss
    The Timeline and Animate are two different things. You can have both appearing at the bottom of the screen, but the OP does not have the Animate tab available in Window > Panes (Tabs), that is the problem.

Don't! I was saying that if you had done that it might account for the failure to load, not that you should do it.

edited December 1969

No, I do not. I have thought, not even thing about that.

No, I haven't logged the serial in the PlugIns.

edit: :-) *look at the nice *DON'T*

edited December 1969

@kaotkbliss

Well first off. I gave the wrong path to the preferences in my last post :( sorry
    Window -> workspace -> customize

I tried to remove the pane from the preferences so I can see if I get what he's getting, but I can't seem to remove it from there. And if I simply right click on the animate tab and remove it, it still shows in the windows -> panes options.

I'm wondering if at some point he maybe didn't try to enter a wrong serial and cause the failure to load (or something along those lines) and that maybe the reason for the uninstall/reinstall not bringing it back is a windows registry issue.

Here's a screenshot of mine but I am using windows 7 and have the animate2 but there should be something in yours for animate lite.

Screenshot_2014-10-25_10.18_.08_.png
    1434 x 791 - 103K
    edited December 1969

It seems likely that something is wrongly flagged somewhere. Unfortunately uninstalling and reinstalling won't help - that doesn't touch settings (otherwise you'd have to reenter your serial numbers after each update). I think you probably need to get help from support.

edited December 1969

oki, thanks a lot :-)

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

I don't believe there is a separate Animate Lite .dll. Animate Lite is just Animate2 with some features disabled, that is why it is listed as Animate+ in the registry. You may need to manually delete the Animate+ registry setting after uninstalling Studio.

• edited December 1969

Hi I have the same problem in Daz 4.7 how have you solved?

edited December 1969

Hi I have the same problem in Daz 4.7 how have you solved?

What is the problem exactly please?

Do you have the Animate pane in Window > Panes (Tabs)?

If so, load that, and dock it at the bottom of the screen.

If you have just downloaded and installed DAZ Studio, Animate will work as Animate2 for 30 days, after that, it reverts to Animale Lite.

Can you describe your problem more fully?

• edited December 1969

Hi! The problem is that I can't see Animate in my panes(Tabs), but when I check in "about my plugins" I can find it installed with the grey icon. Sorry if my grammar or something like that is incorrect but I'm not mothertongue.

edited December 1969

The grey icon means that it is 'Disabled' Do you have any other grey icons in your Installed Plugins list?

Are you sure that you are running 'DAZ Studio 4.7 Pro', and does it say that in the title bar at the top of the program? Did you register DS4.7 after running it for the first time?

• edited December 1969

I'm not sure that I have already registered the program before running it, how should I do, to check if I have done that?

edited December 1969

Does it say 'DAZ Studio 4.7 Pro' in the title bar at the top of the DS interface?

Are there any other plugins with the grey icons?

• edited December 1969

Yes it's Daz studio 4.7 Pro, and no the only with grey icon is the Animate one.