Where can i find animate lite?

2»

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

If you have been running DAZ Studio for more than 30 days, it should revert to Animate Lite by itself.

If you have tried entering any serial number in the box in About Installed Plugins, that may cause it to fail. Did you do that?

You could try uninstalling and reinstalling DAZ Studio, but that may not help as there must be a registry setting that is preventing Animate Lite from running.

You may need to open a Support ticket and see if Customer Services can help you.

• edited December 1969

No, I installed Daz yesterday but I tried to paste the same code of the key to unlock Daz to "unlock" animate, but this plugin didn't work before that. However thank you for the help.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,551
    edited December 1969

Putting the DS serial into Animate 2 will cause issues - open a support ticket to get help please.

• SiscaSisca Posts: 875
    edited December 1969

Just in case someone else comes here looking for this...

I submitted a ticket for this issue earlier this week and the final response is below. Seems it's a known bug and there's a real fix coming but if you can't wait they have a work around.

Sorry for the inconvenience. This is a bug with the current version of DAZ studio and aniMate. We have spoken with the developer of aniMate and are currently working on a fix. The fix should be available soon. We will let you know when you can receive the update through DAZ install manager. In the mean time we have a temporary fix that does come with limitations. If you do not need aniMate right away then we would advise waiting for the fix.

The limitations of the fix are:
    1. You must manually install a .dll file.
    2. This file will lock you into aniMate lite.
    3. Any time you re install or update DAZ studio you will have to manually re install the file again. Because the file gets over written with each install.
    4.If you decide to upgrade or use the full version after this point, you will have to re install DAZ studio, in order to add your serial number to use aniMate full version.

• StemschStemsch Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

I'm glad I found this forum. I to am having this problem with animate lite. I'm glad that this a Daz bug problem and nothing I did. I will be looking forward to the fix when It comes out.:-)

• zombiewhackerzombiewhacker Posts: 681
    edited December 1969

Just so we're clear here, are you saying that Animate2 is currently broken (on DAZ 4.7+), or that it will only break if you run the trial Lite version first, then attempt to switch over?

edited December 1969

Just so we're clear here, are you saying that Animate2 is currently broken (on DAZ 4.7+), or that it will only break if you run the trial Lite version first, then attempt to switch over?

This only applies to Animate Lite. See post above

4.If you decide to upgrade or use the full version after this point, you will have to re install DAZ studio, in order to add your serial number to use aniMate full version.
  • neilparker111neilparker111 Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Hi There,

Brand new to Daz just downloaded and installed fine on my Mac... I want to buy some characters and start to experiment with animate2 or lite... they are not installed anywhere.. can't find either... not sure what to do next after reading this thread... Thanks

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

If you go to Help > About Installed Plugins does it show up on the list?

• fantasy-heArtfantasy-heArt Posts: 9
    edited December 1969

lorwen said:
    I re-installed DS (with Manager) and the new one is also without AniMate. :-(

I am baffled by this behaviour, I haven't heard of it before. Perhaps if you were to go to the Plugins folder in
    C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins (64 bit version) or C:\Program Files (x86)\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins (32 bit version)

and look for aniMate2.dll, and see what the date is. Is it the same date as the rest of the Plugins there? If not, delete it, reinstall DAZ Studio again.

I was hoping that someone else would have responded by now. I do have the paid for plugin, and it is registered, to I can't really help with the Lite version.

I also have the same problem, no sign of animate lite at all!
    since a new install on a new computer ... no sign. :-(

edited December 1969

lorwen said:
    I re-installed DS (with Manager) and the new one is also without AniMate. :-(

I am baffled by this behaviour, I haven't heard of it before. Perhaps if you were to go to the Plugins folder in
    C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins (64 bit version) or C:\Program Files (x86)\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins (32 bit version)

and look for aniMate2.dll, and see what the date is. Is it the same date as the rest of the Plugins there? If not, delete it, reinstall DAZ Studio again.

I was hoping that someone else would have responded by now. I do have the paid for plugin, and it is registered, to I can't really help with the Lite version.

I also have the same problem, no sign of animate lite at all!
    since a new install on a new computer ... no sign. :-(

What version of DS did you install? (Help > About DAZ Studio)

Does it say 'DAZ Studio 4.7 Pro' in the title bar?

Did you install DS using the DAZ Install Manager (DIM), if so, go to the Installed tab in DIM, right-click, and select 'Show Installed Files' and that should show everything that was installed along with the program.

Did you at any time, enter a serial number for Animate in Help > About Installed Plugins? If so, you will need to open a Support Ticket by using Help > Contact Us at the top of the page here.