Morphing Eclypse or Kimberly into more Disney-esque figures?

124»

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,065
    edited December 1969

The rar file seems to be corrupted:(

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664
    edited December 1969

They (the exterior and two interiors) opened fine for me.

I'm finally getting comfortable enough with this program to look back at this thread...I'm SO impressed with the stuff in it!

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

Wow, pretty impressive, thanks for sharing, Kamion! The eyes COULD be a little smaller, but I am really enjoying the morph as it is now. Good job, no doubt.

edited December 2014

Hmm..I'm not getting anything decent trying out Kamion's morph. Anyone have suggestions for starting?
    (Though maybe it's looking better than I think...though when I try to do some expressions, I get weird marks on the skin by the lip?)

(this is using girl 6 mat)

elsa2.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 526K
    elsa1.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 556K
    Post edited by Scavenger on
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

Is this G2F or Genesis Classic? The extra edge loops in the Genesis 2s are great for realistic faces but for toon faces the extra loops can start to bunch up with extreme shaping.

• j cadej cade Posts: 2,310
    edited December 2014

I did some messing around, and it looks like you have Giselle's head dialed in as well, which is definitely too many conflicting morphs.

That being said, the chin in particular is different enough from everything that particularly extreme expressions can get a bit ugly.

edited to add a demonstration

elsadem1.png
    800 x 800 - 568K
    elsadem2.png
    800 x 800 - 576K
    Post edited by j cade on
    edited December 1969

I extended the jaw a bit to try to match up to some pictures of Elsa. I'll reset and start again.
    (I couldn't get the preset to work but could the morph)

edited December 2014

Well, thanks to Kamion's morph, I was able to achieve the project I had in mind when I started this thread, a picture of Elsa in the superhero costume of a friend's character. (he's a big Elsa fan). And done for Xmas!.

He doesn't know I've made a 3d version of the suit, so he'll first see it in the morning with Elsa wearing it.

(the mask does a lot of the work at getting the expression I wanted :) )
    (I'm very pleased at how I figured out to get Olaf to work...I made a bloby Genesis figure to simulate his shape, invis'd the figure, then put an olaf-on-a-plane in the spot.)

Thanks for the morph and helps! :D

elsamask.gif
    201 x 201 - 40K
    Lawful-and-Frozen.jpg
    1715 x 1315 - 740K
    Post edited by Scavenger on
  • oomuoomu Posts: 175
    edited December 1969

Hello

I hope it's not a problem to resurrect an old thread ^^,

Here is my attempt to morph Callie to Tinker Bell (from the disneytoon movies), rendered in iray: Tinker_Bell_-_Callie.jpg
    It's Callie with many morphs and iray shader.
    I used the V4 Hair : HR-133

But my goal is that: Tinker-Bell-secret-of-the-wings.jpg

http://01.screencaps.us/m.screencaps.us/201/2-tinkerbell-secret-wings/full/secret-of-the-wings-disneyscreencaps.com-523.jpg

I would be very grateful if you could provide me tip and hint how to improve the morph (it's not quite like the model but I don't really know why, but the eyes of course. The cheeks ? Rounder ? less rounder ?).

-
    And also, I'm still at lost how in pixar/disney movies the light is so soft, like around the character, nicely showing their features. Bigger source light ? Nearer ? or it's a problem in the shader for the skin ?

Thanks a lot.

Tinker-Bell-secret-of-the-wings.jpg
    1916 x 1080 - 273K
    Tinker_Bell_-_Callie.jpg
    2000 x 1250 - 696K
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,281
    edited December 1969

While the thread is active, let me point anyone who hasn't seen it yet at Rendo's new releases for yesterday or the day before.

It's a new SAV figure, her first 'Toon/anime character. Based on OOT's Dolly.

It's called Aphrodite, but the hair is pure Elsa.

• oomuoomu Posts: 175
    edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    While the thread is active, let me point anyone who hasn't seen it yet at Rendo's new releases for yesterday or the day before.

ho yes, the hair seems gorgeous and totally Elsa.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,950
    edited December 1969

JOdel said:

The hair and morph are both on my (now very long) short list of G2 product to buy at Rendo... Given SAV's skill at producing likenesses, I suspect that the character dialed in at about 50% will give some very Disney-like results.
  • SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,560
    edited December 1969

Given SAV’s skill at producing likenesses, I suspect that the character dialed in at about 50% will give some very Disney-like results.

If you buy it, could you post a render of it dialed in at lower amounts like that? You could be right, but it's always hard to tell exactly how morphs will look at less than 100% (almost always better in my opinion though, haha). Thanks very much.