1000 x 1300 - 547K
popup07.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 323K
popup10.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 293K
Post edited by Totte on

Comments

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702

Looking forward to this as I see other potential possibilities for uses.

• I instantly went to populating streets with cars. Even if the concept wasn't that potentially flexible, it would still be worth it with the shown applications.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,505

Uthgard said:

I instantly went to populating streets with cars. Even if the concept wasn't that potentially flexible, it would still be worth it with the shown applications.

Could be done with the right settings of population settings. The trick is to get the settings right so it doesn't overlap (which is no problems with flowers or bushes), but the potential is there for many fun uses if you want to experiment.

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

Awesome!

• Mark_e593e0a5Mark_e593e0a5 Posts: 1,569

very useful thing laugh. I think I need to reserve some space in my shopping cart....

• This is going to help my workflow tremendously. Looking forward to it!

• gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948

How are the HedgeMaker Sets different than those created using your Alienator script?  Are they the same? Interchangeable? In different folders?

gitika1 said:

How are the HedgeMaker Sets different than those created using your Alienator script?  Are they the same? Interchangeable? In different folders?

They are very much alike, different folders and might be a different structure/naming. Alienator/Alienator Pro Set Builder was made from the HedgeMaker one (HedgeMaker has been a project for a long time), but I might have changed something, honestly I don't remember, will take a look at the files soon and come back.

• I did a couple of renders while testing this great product. Hedgemaker was used for the flowers, hedge, fence (posts from his Fence Me In set), and apple trees in the Field render. In the Office render it was used for the hedge.

Hedge Field.png
    1822 x 1457 - 6M
    Hedge Office.png
    1822 x 887 - 3M
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

damn, looks great

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,137

Those are great examples.

Really great examples of usage DrJellyBean!

A little example of how you can use HedgeMaker to add a little details to you scenes, like the edge grass, the background trees, and the plants around the well.

And brace yourself, HedgeMaker is coming soon, and that is not DAZSoon™, but real soon.

• gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948

Excellent!

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702

gitika1 said:

Excellent!

Totally!! 

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,787

What are the main limits of the HedgeMaker?

Advantages are clearly to see.

How is it different from Fence Me In - https://www.daz3d.com/fence-me-in ?

• Artini said:

How is it different from Fence Me In - https://www.daz3d.com/fence-me-in ?

Not limited to straight lines and right-angles, I think, is the big difference - but therefore requires more prep work placing the markers. Flexibility vs simplicity.

edited April 2021

HedgeMaker can build using anything  and on mesh (follow the ground) 

Post edited by Totte on

Ok, thanks a lot for the explanation, Richard and Totte.

I am very tempted to get HedgeMaker, despite I have already purchased Fence Me In.

As usual, decisions, decisions...

• 3dTox3dTox Posts: 82

would it be technically possible to use this on a figure to add water drops for a sweat effect?

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

I bought this without thinking, and now that i am thinking and using it, I think it's great!

• 3dTox said:

would it be technically possible to use this on a figure to add water drops for a sweat effect?

You would be better off getting a water drop\sweat product in the store, e.g.

https://www.daz3d.com/real-drops-female-edition
    https://www.daz3d.com/real-drops-male-edition
    https://www.daz3d.com/drips-and-drops-for-genesis-3-female-s

3dTox said:

I know my tester planted a hedge on G8F, but water drops might be a little trickier as water drops would be much more picky on rotations,,, 

edited April 2021

You do not have possibility to add markers following the spline, by a chance?

That will be very useful to speed up markers placement.

I can understand, that it will be complicated to implement splines in Daz Studio, though.

Post edited by Artini on

Artini said:

You do not have possibility to add markers following the spline, by a chance?

That will be very useful to speed up markers placement.

I can understand, that it will be complicated to implement splines in Daz Studio, though.

One thing I looked at but splines in 3D would way to complicated.  

Great video, by the way. It answers most of the questions, I would have otherwise.

Artini said:

Great video, by the way. It answers most of the questions, I would have otherwise.

Thanks, I did it because it's difficult to show how you do things just with images 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,137
    edited April 2021

Here is my HedgeMaker on Mrs. Chow, or is that Mother Nature?

G8.1F Mrs Chow HD Touch of Dirt HedgeMaker.png
    2000 x 1125 - 3M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • Very interesting laugh