Released: HedgeMaker [Commercial]

13»

Comments

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,522

Are you running 32 bit version of DAZ studio?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,178

hm_engine.dll is in IM00080936-02_HedgeMakerforDAZStudio45Win64bit.zip for me.

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225

Totte said:

Are you running 32 bit version of DAZ studio?

Thanks for asking Totte; I only run a 64 bit version of D|S

barbult said:

hm_engine.dll is in IM00080936-02_HedgeMakerforDAZStudio45Win64bit.zip for me.

That explains it:  that's DIM.  Looks like I may have to bite the bullet and use it if I'm to get the product to work.

Will try that in the morning as it's 1:05 am on my side of the world.  Am punchy from lack of sleep and my mother's death 2 days ago, so there's that.

Thanks for the help, all; will report back on any progress or lack thereof.

I'm so sorry to hear about your mother.

Sorry to hear about your mother, I hope you get things sorted out.

Thank you for that @barbult @Totte, it is gratefully appreciated.

Downloaded  and installed IM00080936-02_HedgeMakerforDAZStudio45Win64bit.zip via DIM.  hm_engine plugin is still red sad

I'm assuming that the hm_engine is in both the .exe file and the DIM one.  In both cases it was installed but the plugin failed on my D|S 4.12/4.15, which has been able to run other plugins successfully.  

Am open to other suggestions; I really want to use HM sad

What version of DS are you running exactly (all 4 version sections (X.X.X.X)?
    Is it a release version of a beta version?
    Do you have Daz Studio installed in C:/Program Files, or some other custom location?
    What is an example of a plugin that is currently working for you in that version of Daz Studio (Mesh Grabber, UltraScenery Accelerator, or something like that)?

edited July 2021

barbult said:

What version of DS are you running exactly (all 4 version sections (X.X.X.X)?
    Is it a release version of a beta version?
    Do you have Daz Studio installed in C:/Program Files, or some other custom location?
    What is an example of a plugin that is currently working for you in that version of Daz Studio (Mesh Grabber, UltraScenery Accelerator, or something like that)?

Apologies for the late reply @barbult,  the funeral/mourning observances lasted until yesterday and it was only then I finally had time to do Daz stuff (at least for now:  my brothers and I are meeting tomorrow to talk about other matters related to Ma's passing).

Here is the information:

• Daz versions running-  4.12.1.118 Pro Edition 64-bit  / 4.15.0.2 Pro Edition 64-bit
    • Both are release versions; fwiw I have never run a beta version of D|S
    • D|S has been running in a custom location from the time I started using this computer; D|S is in the D drive because the C Drive is SSD and does not have as much storage
    • Info on the plugins that I currently use:

-  Randomizable trees (works well in 4.12)
                -  Grasp Helper (works in 4.15 only)
                -  Gescon (problematic)
                -  Hedgemaker (problematic)
                -  Node positioner and grabber (works in 4.15 only)
                -  Mesh Grabber/morph editor/ rotations add on windows (works well in 4.12)
                -  Ultimate Zero (works well in 4.12)
                -  Ghost Dynamics (works well in 4.12)
                -  XTransfer (works well in 4.12)
                -  dForce Companion (works well in 4.12)
                -  Render Queue (works well in 4.12)

Post edited by 3dLux on

If you start DS, and look in the log.txt file (good idea to clear it first to make it less huge).

Look for the followinglog entry

YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss.sss Loading plug-ins:

look below for when it loads hm_engine (on my mac riht now so I don't know exactly how it look on windows, but something like

YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss.sss   hm_engine.dll

does it yell any errors about loding it?

Totte said:

If you start DS, and look in the log.txt file (good idea to clear it first to make it less huge).

Look for the followinglog entry

YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss.sss Loading plug-ins:

look below for when it loads hm_engine (on my mac riht now so I don't know exactly how it look on windows, but something like

YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss.sss   hm_engine.dll

does it yell any errors about loding it?

It does!  This is from the log:

2021-07-10 17:07:54.929 hm_engine.dll

2021-07-10 17:07:54.946 D:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\hm_engine.dll failed to load. Cannot load library D:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\hm_engine.dll: The device is not ready.

Apprarently it happens every time I start D|S 4.15 because it appeared twice before this last time stamp surprise 

Looks like you either have put a shortcut, not the actual plugin in the plugins folder, or the plugin is damaged from download/unpack.

edited July 2021

Totte said:

Looks like you either have put a shortcut, not the actual plugin in the plugins folder, or the plugin is damaged from download/unpack.

It turns out to have been neither:  after downloading a new .dll via the .exe and DIM and manually removing the non functional plugin time and again, I was forced to come to the conclusion that the difficulty may have been something in this computer angry  Probably the same reason why it can't run some software and some updates don't take.

So I downloaded D|S onto the PC I use for graphic work, installed Hedge Maker... 

Et voila, it ran perfectly.

Mystery solved; much gratitude to @Totte and @barbult for the help and advice.  

Will post the scene I've been working on when it's done caveat being the other computer can actually render it out... indecision

•  
    Post edited by 3dLux on
    edited August 2021

I pulled out all my toys - UltraScenery, UltraScatterPro, HedgeMaker, Alienator Pro and put together this image. The fence and the bushes on the steep hillside were placed by HedgeMaker. Daffodils, bluebells, and cows were scattered with UltraScatterPro. An oak tree was replaced with an African Acacia by Alienator Pro. The basic landscape is UltraScenry, of course. It is quite the hodgepodge, but I don't care if these things don't grow together in the real world.

USC Oaks RR 2_003.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on

Love the work there barbult. You know how to use your tools.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,388

I'm sorry for being so unbelievably daft, but I just bought the Hedgemaker, and now there're two related files in DIM: Hedgemaker and Hedgemaker for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Windows 64bit). Which one should I be installing, or both? I'm on Windows 10 64 bit, so I assume the second one - but the first one as well? Thanks very much for helping!

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,941

tsroemi said:

I'm sorry for being so unbelievably daft, but I just bought the Hedgemaker, and now there're two related files in DIM: Hedgemaker and Hedgemaker for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Windows 64bit). Which one should I be installing, or both? I'm on Windows 10 64 bit, so I assume the second one - but the first one as well? Thanks very much for helping!

Both. One contains the plugin and the other props, various tools, etc.

DrJellyBean is correct, thanks for answering (was out with the dogs)

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,388

Thanks very much, you both!

• Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

This was asked early on in the thread but no follow up that I coud see:

gitika1 said:

How are the HedgeMaker Sets different than those created using your Alienator script?  Are they the same? Interchangeable? In different folders?

Both want lists made but is there a means that they can use the same info so you don't have to duplicate?

Doc Acme said:

This was asked early on in the thread but no follow up that I coud see:

gitika1 said:

How are the HedgeMaker Sets different than those created using your Alienator script?  Are they the same? Interchangeable? In different folders?

Both want lists made but is there a means that they can use the same info so you don't have to duplicate?

Hi, they are a little different (different implementations, specially the cover box in HedgeMaker is not in the AlienatorPro data sets). They are of course releated, but they are not interchangble.

• Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

OK Thanks.  I'll make separate sets as needed then.