[Closed] RRRRR - Coming Late Excuses - Render Contest!

Comments

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,522

My third is halted as I'm at the cottage but I have it almost done, will render when I'm back, so day the next week :-)

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,665
    edited April 2021

tag:luci45#2
    Saving Fluffy

Bad Hotel Vacation Poses for Genesis 8
    Emiyo HD for Mei Lin 8
    Dark Magic for Myrddin
    Bug Hunt 

Other items used:
    New York Essence Fashion Outfit For Genesis 3 Female(S)
    Amelia Hair for Genesis 8 Female(s)
    Mec4D Unshaven 2 for Genesis3 Male(s)
    Old Chap For Genesis 3 And 8 Male
    Daz Dog 8
    French Bulldog For Daz Dog 8
    Labrador For Daz Dog 8
    Oso Fur Shaders for Iray
    Oso Spectral Spells and Eldritch Emanations
    FSL Elements of Magic
    Urban Future 6

fluffy story.jpg
    1275 x 1650 - 608K
    Post edited by luci45 on

Pull #3

Clothes Cleavage Modifier laugh
    Classic Deco Iray Addon
    Rock Pigeon (Smith Micro)
    Space Hunter Outfit Textures
    Northern Head for Parkside Head

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,155

luci #3 - well that was well worth the wait! Great comic page, nice use of effects. yes (And thanks for your comments on mine)

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,083

Hi everyone.

Great to see RRRR renders and discussion.  Can't remember the last time I had the chance to participate.  Here is my pull.  A flamboyant fur-clad hag must end up in the arms of a cowboy in the Old West, which is a good excuse for anyone to be late. No, I will do anything but that.  smiley

RRRR April 4 2021

1234 - Western Couples Poses for Genesis 8 Honni 8 and Holt 8
    1959 - Fun Fur Iray Shaders (1of2)
    4146 - Hag HD for Genesis 3 Female
    4357 - Z Flamboyant Poses for Genesis 8 Female and Babina 8

Thanks, MelanieL!

Hi Diomede! I'm glad you're back. I look forward to that render. 

• Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447

Hey, folks, I need a bit of assistance here.

I'm trying to create an effect similar to a jet's contrail, only, well, noisier and dirtier: a stream of thick, roiling smoke, kind of sooty.  In Iray, as if we needed the extra complication.

I looked for a 'cloud' shader, that I could grunge up a bit, and apply to a cylindrical object, maybe add a measure or two of randomness to some of the bricks, but I'm not sufficiently familiar with how -- or even if -- the Shader Mixer in DAZ Studio works in Iray.  Even a 'canned' shader would be welcome, if that ends up being the way I have to go.  (Like maybe one of Ron's brushes, or Jepe's effects.)

Any suggestions?  I'll appreciate all over ya...!

And on a related note....

Does anybody know how I can model a visualization of a Mach wave...?

edited April 2021

Ken OBanion said:

Hey, folks, I need a bit of assistance here.

I'm trying to create an effect similar to a jet's contrail, only, well, noisier and dirtier: a stream of thick, roiling smoke, kind of sooty.  In Iray, as if we needed the extra complication.

I looked for a 'cloud' shader, that I could grunge up a bit, and apply to a cylindrical object, maybe add a measure or two of randomness to some of the bricks, but I'm not sufficiently familiar with how -- or even if -- the Shader Mixer in DAZ Studio works in Iray.  Even a 'canned' shader would be welcome, if that ends up being the way I have to go.  (Like maybe one of Ron's brushes, or Jepe's effects.)

Any suggestions?  I'll appreciate all over ya...!

Sickleyield's Swift Steam for Iray  or Fuseling's Filthy Dirty Shaders might work. They have props with shaders.

PS There are some free grunge shaders on Renderosity, or just Google "grunge shaders." You can create a geometry shell on anything in DAZ and put the dirty shader on it. 

Post edited by luci45 on
  • aprilshowers2065aprilshowers2065 Posts: 703
    edited April 2021

tag:aprilshowers2065#1

Shortcut

Sorry honey, looks like we're going to be late to the party. We may have taken a wrong turn while trying to use that shortcut Lisa suggested...

Pulled:

Willow Creek
    Level 19
    Wasteland Plants High Resolution Instant Eco Systems
    Polyantha Rose Dress for Genesis 8 Female(s)

Also used:

Kalea 7 Starter Bundle
    Genesis 8 Female
    Lauren Hair for Genesis 3 and 8 Female(s)
    Rocker Outfit for Genesis 3 Female(s) and Genesis 8 Female(s)
    Giant Fantasy Spider LR
    Props For CloseFriend (Rendo)

Shortcut.png
    1600 x 1920 - 7M
    Post edited by aprilshowers2065 on
    edited April 2021

Ken OBanion said:

I have to wait until my data plan cycles (tomorrow) before I can upload my render; once I hit my bandwidth limit (which typically is about four days into the billing cycle), I get throttled back to damn near dial-up speeds!  Meanwhile, it’s five o’clock (well, five-till; close enough!), and there’s a Martini in front of me (and a little to my left; thank goodness I’m at least semi-ambidextrous -- well, for the important things, anyway!), and that means it’s time to move on to Round 2!

The pull:

2963 – Colors for Love Me Hair (Love Me Hair is for V4)

37 – Giselle for V4 (How convenient!)

1724 – Gamine (G3F; that one’s a little freaky-sounding, I don’t know…!)

6574 – Cozy for Day Dreamer (G3F)

Victoria 4 and Genesis 3; I haven’t done anything with V4 in ages! 

*Sigh*  Whatever….

UPDATE: While searching for the Colors for Love Me Hair package, I discovered an entire order that I somehow neglected to download!  From August of 2015!  Thirty-three items, mostly hair and hair textures.  (Practically all Platinum Club, too, so you know I got some really tasty deals on them!)

You can blame the Martinis if you want.  I am.

I pretty much knew what I wanted to do with this render from the very start; then, when I saw that nothing in my pull would prove to be an impediment, I just went for it!  I did have to do a bit of experimenting, to get the effect just right, and I made the mistake of thinking the Day Dreamer outfit (required by the Cozy textures) was a Genesis 3 clothing set; it was actually for Genesis.  I tried to fit it to a Genesis 3 figure, and when I imported the clothed figure into the scene, the skirt and blouse kept blowing up!  I couldn’t very well leave her sitting in the car naked (although that is my usual modus operandi), so I swapped her for a genuine Genesis character.

This entry consists of two separate renders: the first is for validation and verification, to demonstrate that I did, in fact, use everything in my pull; because, in the second image (the “money shot”, as it were), a lot of those items are not readily discernable.  And I jacked around with the camera for more than an hour, in an effort to make them so.  Alas…, it didn’t happen.

I gave up on trying to visualize the Mach wave.  I figured out a way to do it using Blender, but it also would have required some seriously inventive shader work, and I really don’t think have the shader chops to pull that off – yet.

Also used:

Divided Highway by First Bastian (purchased explicitly for this entry!)

Jepe’s PillarZ and PillarZ II

Bunny Dazed outfit for Victoria 4 (and dForce worked on it!  I was not expecting that!)

Shiloh HD for Genesis 3 Female

Tinkerbell Hair

Casual Style for Genesis 3 Female (required by the Gamine textures)

Victoria 5

Pure Hair Crazy for Genesis

Day Dreamer Outfit for Genesis (required by the Cozy textures)

Roads Royds (from Renderosity; they had to name it that, due to copyright considerations.  It is, in fact, modeled after the Rolls-Royce Ghost; unfortunately not the Black Badge Edition.  That is one seriously sexy-looking ride!)

(And I re-used the Eliot character from my last render, suit, hair, and all, only I made him lose the face-diaper!  Yeah, I recycle; what’s your point?)

TAG: obanion#2

Title: Well, This Morning Commute Went Seriously South in a Hurry…!

“Um…, you probably ought to take the bypass.  Because that thing is liable to booger-up traffic like you cannot even BEGIN to imagine!”

Commute_01_RoadCam5.png
    1200 x 675 - 1M
    Commute_01_RoadCam4.png
    1200 x 675 - 864K
    Post edited by Ken OBanion on
    edited April 2021

Post edited by Chohole on
  • GopherusGopherus Posts: 1,103

@melanieL  #02  Great image... I like the reflections in the ripples  and that grasshopper just might be hiding from the seagulls... me thinks that they have a lean and hungry look about them

@luci45  #2  you have the manga down perfectly!  i love her expression as she flies into her rage.

@aprilshowers2065  #01  Beautiful one!  she had better take a couple steps backward.... sometimes the spider is not charging her but is trying to get back to its nest under the grating she is standing on.

@ken obanion  #2  Deja vu, all over again.  I was crossing the arizona desert the morning the columbia broke apart and did not know what had happened until I got to quartzite.  I can imagine what it might have been like in texas.  good one!

• Thanks Gopherus! Heh, she's probably best taking at least few steps back, whatever the spider's intention. laugh

• Pull 2

Looks like I'm going to be sticking with spiders...

4 GF Spider Expansion DS
    208 Genesis Ranger
    52 Lion Statue HD-Christmas Freebie
    301 Pink LUV Summer Lovin for V4

• vamokvamok Posts: 238

I really want to join in on this. I spent a couple of hours yesterday and today adding my assets to a spreadsheet. I am now in the process of sorting out what I can use as opposed to the garbage I got for free that has required products that I do not own, etc. I am also "unpacking" the bundles. This is a lot of work, but I was planning on doing this before I even stumbled across this forum. No I have an incentive to get it done.

On a brighter note, I do have the snippets provided by bohemian3 working nicely. Thank you for that!

Sooooo... there is my excuse for being late on rendering a coming late excuse!

vamok said:

I really want to join in on this. I spent a couple of hours yesterday and today adding my assets to a spreadsheet. I am now in the process of sorting out what I can use as opposed to the garbage I got for free that has required products that I do not own, etc. I am also "unpacking" the bundles. This is a lot of work, but I was planning on doing this before I even stumbled across this forum. No I have an incentive to get it done.

On a brighter note, I do have the snippets provided by bohemian3 working nicely. Thank you for that!

Sooooo... there is my excuse for being late on rendering a coming late excuse!

Yeah, irony can be pretty ironic sometimes, can't it...?
    edited April 2021

tag:luci45 #3
    Pigeon Billpay
    WorldWide ConCom Wireless Communication Services would not accept payments online. They sent bills by carrier pigeon because mail service was unreliable. Ronnie and DumDum tried in vain to explain to the company's toon android representative that they always received bills very late and couldn't possibly pay them on time.   

Used
    Classic Deco Iray Addon

Also Used
    Multi-Man for Genesis 3 Male
    Toon Business Suit for Genesis 3 Male(s)
    DG Iray Tropical Fabrics Shaders
    Ultrahd Iray Hdri With Dof - Spanish Beach
    Aircraft Colo Iray
    Freak 5
    Iray SurfaceWorx
    The Flock Gulls And Crows
    Glassware Collection for Iray Vol. 2

carrier pigeonf.jpg
    1800 x 1161 - 617K
    Post edited by luci45 on
    luci45 said:

tag:luci45 #3
    Pigeon Billpay
    WorldWide ConCom Wireless Communication Services would not accept payments online. They sent bills by carrier pigeon because mail service was unreliable. Ronnie and DumDum tried in vain to explain to the company's toon android representative that they always received bills very late and couldn't possibly pay them on time.   

Used
    Classic Deco Iray Addon

Also Used
    Multi-Man for Genesis 3 Male
    Toon Business Suit for Genesis 3 Male(s)
    DG Iray Tropical Fabrics Shaders
    Ultrahd Iray Hdri With Dof - Spanish Beach
    Aircraft Colo Iray
    Freak 5
    Iray SurfaceWorx
    The Flock Gulls And Crows
    Glassware Collection for Iray Vol. 2

A visit from Guido. Man, you are so totally boned!

Thanks, Ken OBanion and Gopherus
    aprilshowers2065#1 Nice one. I can't wait to see what you do with the next spider. 
    obanion#2 Well, that was effective. I feel the shock (even without the wave effect.)

Welcome, vamok!

Pull #4
    Takeo for Hiro 5
    Plantz
    HFS Fantasy Shapes for Genesis 3 Female(s)
    3D Universe ToonMobile

• vamokvamok Posts: 238

Ok, after days of work on my spreadsheet I think I am ready....

vamok pull #1

# Product Name SKU
    172 i13 Visions in Red 22117
    131 Robot Titan 18903
    852 Yuzuru 8 63183
    226 Klaire for Genesis 8 Female 66787

I think I got pretty lucky for my first go 

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

My pull #1

Capsces Vampy Arbella 7 Poses 22944

Alien Plants DS 17765

Plaster Iray Shaders 64573

Brc The Cloister Legacy 3291

edited April 2021

Tag:Totte#3 

#4106 Marielle Hair 13950
    #617 Beach Pod 19476
    #560 Bar Maid Textures 20590
    #3579 Jump Your Way 14866

Also Used:
    IG Stephanie 6 + Bar Maid + Beach Wave Hair 
    Genesis + P3D Tom + Viking Male Hair + Fairy Tale Dress + Work Boots
    Genesis + LY Waverly + Serendipity Dress + Esidor Hair + Classic Pumps
    Genesis + Chablis + Silky Dress
    Fence Me In
    G8M + Bain + Cool style outfit + Carlos Hair

Shaders Used:
    RSSY 3Delight to Iray
    PBS Shaders Vol.3
    UHT2 Ultra Salon
    Iray Converter For Genesis

I had to do my citizen duties

I was selected to be the referee of the annual Jump like a horse in a dress contest

contest-jumping.jpg
    1600 x 1067 - 404K
    Post edited by Totte on

I turn my back for a few days and there's so much to catch up on:

aprilshowers #1 -"Shortcut" is great, I love it! I'd be out of there pretty quickly.

Ken  #2 - another great idea (and apparently those near misses are getting more common too - there was one just a few miles from me reported on the local news a few days ago). I know what you mean about camera angles - I've spent ages sometimes trying to find one that showed everything and had to compromise on coverage vs drama.

Luci #3 - a real "Luci" production! Great use of your pull and a very nice render.

Totte #3 - what a totally whacky idea! Nicely done too.

Gopherus - thank you for your comments on my second entry.

edited April 2021

tag:MelanieL#3

Dragon Attack

Honestly, Boss, we set off in good time for work, but while we were walking across the bridge over the ravine there was a dragon attack! We had to take cover until they flew away.

Used:
    Beach Cafe Promenade
    Orestes Iray HDRI Environments - High Bluff Overlook
    Weekend Fun for Genesis 2 Female(s)
    DAZ Dragon 3 Morphs (black dragon thin body with head shape 2, grey dragon heavy, muscular and short-limbed)

Also Used:
    DAZ Dragon 3 (of course) with Daz Dragon 3 Textures (on black dragon)
    Stephanie 6
    Soleil Hair for G2F and G3F
    Olympia 6
    Devil May Deluxe Hair for G2F, G3F and G8F
    Pd Iray Shader Kit 1 (Olympia's shirt)
    Casual Wear Overall for G2F (Stephanie's bag)
    Glamorous Riva Accessories (Olympia's purse)

Dragon-Attack.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 627K
    Post edited by MelanieL on

And my fourth draw:

dForce Fiesta Outfit for Genesis 8 Female(s) (SKU 61621)
    Fairytale Collection - PE Fixtures and Fittings (SKU 3194)
    MICK-Bundle (SKU 40429)
    Platinum Club Anniversary 2018 - Mega Pack 4 (SKU 56159)

Wow, a little bundle-heavy! I think this is going to be more of a challenge than the last three draws.

edited April 2021

MelanieL said:

And my fourth draw:

dForce Fiesta Outfit for Genesis 8 Female(s) (SKU 61621)
    Fairytale Collection - PE Fixtures and Fittings (SKU 3194)
    MICK-Bundle (SKU 40429)
    Platinum Club Anniversary 2018 - Mega Pack 4 (SKU 56159)

Wow, a little bundle-heavy! I think this is going to be more of a challenge than the last three draws.

Hint of the day - split bundles in the list..... 

Post edited by Totte on

Ah, I put the bundles in my long list as well as all the component parts - so I just got "extra lucky" in my pull and hit the bundles not the parts! (I consider it an interesting extra challenge)

• Thanks Luci45 and MelanieL! My next spider one should be up soon, just waiting for it to finish rendering :)

Totte Pull #4

#1697 Demon Soul (21488)
    #1893 Divinity Skies Prophecy (9591)
    #3453 Intimates Collection (17904)
    #7781 WW2 steyr 1500 command car (Rendo)

Random numbers generated Apr 9 2021 at 22:30:1 by psychicscience.org  
    Free educational resources for parapsychology and psychical research.

Thanks Barbult, MelanieL, Gopherus, Luci  for your comments
    bohemian3 #3: Well done, you have kept your wit and your eye for the small details, lovely entry
    barbult #1: A classic barbult, fun and very well done, love it
    MelanieL #2: You got the Ship Dolphin too, very good one, very well executed
    Luci #2 : Ok, you upped the stakes here, brilliant execution, and superbly weird
    aprilshowers2065#1: Very good entry, I can hear her scream "spider! spider!" well done
    ken obanion #2 : I can see the problem, reminds me of novermber when an estimated 800 kg bolid exploded almost above our heads at 22.07 and we got daylight for 10 seconds, they found parts of it just 10 clicks southwest of our cottage, great one
    Luci #3: Ronnie is back with a new business idea. great Luci style as always
    MelanieL#3 : This one I really like, telling your boss you suffered from a dragin attack and lived to tell the tale, brilliant!