[Closed] RRRRR - Coming Late Excuses - Render Contest!

1234568»

Comments

• katfeetekatfeete Posts: 247
    edited May 2021

Sneaking in one more... I just want to thank everyone who has left comments on my pieces, it really means a lot to me! Unfortunately this has not been the month I wanted... major work crunch (nothing with the word "audit" in it is ever good) coincided with a health crash... but I will try to do a blitz post and comment on everyone else's pieces as well.

And my last entry:

tag: katfeete #5

The Last Straw

"Of course I'm not trying to ruin my own niece's wedding! You told me to keep the groom's children from getting underfoot while you prepared, and that's exactly.... Well, Ferdinand is marrying into a magicking family. He may as well understand now what.... No, I can't reverse it. You know as well as I do how that spell works. And a year and a day will do the brat.... Honestly, Miranda, as far as I'm concerned this is a great fuss over nothing. There's no reason the wedding can't go forward on time. If they don't want the younger boy as ringbearer, his brother is still perfectly capable of carrying the ring as a pig."

Pulled:

1. Kids 4 Ring Bearer
    2. Goya HairStyle
    3. Sorcery Poses for Genesis
    4. Kamal for Moroccan Dreams

Also used:

• Mage Tower & Mage Tower Accessories
    • Genesis 1
    • The Duke for M4 (Rendo)
    • Short Afro Hair
    • Jepe's Specialz

FamilyWedding.jpg
    1000 x 800 - 605K
    Post edited by katfeete on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,155
    edited May 2021

Just in time - this will have to be my last entry!

tag:MelanieL#7

My Ship Came In

I was late to the ball, to which my family was sending me to find a rich husband, because I had to meet a young man, who was definitely not invited.

Used:
    NeverTime
    Marmara Boat
    Grand Ballroom Dress for Genesis 2 Female(s)
    Sporty Ponytail Hair and OOT Hairblending 2.0 for Genesis 3 Female(s)

Also Used:
    Olympia 6
    Gianni 6, Pirate for G2M with Sea Rovers textures
    NeverDry (in background)

My-Ship-Came-In.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 743K
    Post edited by MelanieL on
  • luci45luci45 Posts: 2,665
    edited May 2021

My computer came back to life after a thorough cleaning with a new power duster.  So I combined the two renders I had started, using the original pull and the two more.

tag:luci45#8
    Nida Attends an ASLA Meeting
    After accidentally arriving at an ASLA (Anomalous Sentient Life Anonymous) meeting 900 years in the future, Nida agreed to return for the next week's meeting, if possible. Pleased to have calibrated her time machine to arrive within minutes of the right time, she was surprised to see Fae Marie casting spells and muttering about the late human.

Used:
    dForce Sunday Afternoon Outfit for Genesis 8 Female(s)
    Steampunk Time Machine
    Wands of Wonder
    Pocket Filler
    The Chair Collection
    Peony Kimino for G2Fs

Also used:
    Elebeast For Genesis 3 Male
    Oso Ammonoids
    Beach Vibes G3M
    Yakuza Outfit G2M
    Creature Creator G2M
    Creature Creator G2F
    Toulouse Hair
    Bloomingwood Hair
    Fairy Wings For Giselle 6
    Nida 8
    Bernadette Hair
    Jepe's ElementZ II
    Medieval Church Floor Tile Iray Shaders Vol 2
    Old Warehouse Room
    Young Shirt For Genesis 2 Female(S)
    Dforce Sunday Afternoon Outfit Textures

AASL Anon.jpg
    1800 x 1440 - 780K
    Post edited by luci45 on
  • luci45luci45 Posts: 2,665

Thanks, Totte, bohemian3,aprilshowers2065
    Totte#8 Too bad they couldn't interrupt with a Zoom meeting on one corner orf his big screen. 
    aprilshowers2065#8 - Haha. That could be a pretty cool product, 
    Daventaki #9 Ooops, now we know who makes Stonemason's graffitti.
    Gopherus #02 I hope the tied came back for a chilli dog once he became untied.
    MelanieL#5 A lot of accidental teleportation, aliens and other strangeness going this RRRRR. Maybe it's one "r" too many. Cool render!
    aprilshowers2065#9 Even more potent than Shamrock detergent. Would make a lovely weapon. BTW, the image link doesn't work.
    gopherus #03 Haha, and the cat is taunting him of course. 
    bohemian3 Beautifully done weirdness. The DOF and POV and lighting are perfect!
    MelanieL#6 Good thing she had her phone. Good thing the welder is wearing special goggles to prevent distraction by things like her little dress...
    Totte#9 Beautiful. 
    gopherus #04 Mrs Klause and her raindeer must find amusement where they can, but should learn to play nice with others.
    katfeete #5 I'm glad you got another render in. Looks like a story in the works?
    MelanieL#7 You pulled another "Never-" A very nice render, but the excuse might not go over so well. 

• Thank you for your comments Gopherus. Thanks luci45; I've fixed the link. smiley

@Bohemian3 #5 Does that count as being fashionably late? wink

@Gopherus #3 And if the cat complains, you can just chase him twice as hard

#4 Aw, come on.... the reindeer is just being friendly!

@MelanieL #6 Reminds me of the corridor at one of the places I used to work... there were locked doors at both ends so if you forgot your key, you could get in and get trapped...

#7 Hmm... somehow I don't think her parents will be too happy with that excuse...

@Totte #9 I know I'd be late for school if I saw that!

@katfeete #5 He chose that spell because he knew it wasn't reversible, didn't he?

@luci45 #8 Still late even with a time machine... sigh. No hope for some people. wink

• GopherusGopherus Posts: 1,103

Thanks aprilshowers2065 and luci45 for your comments

@katfeete #05  A year and a day is quite a spell, but it could have been until he graduated college.  They wgood one!

@melanieL #07  a much better choice. this could be the start of a beautiful adventure.  You can almost smell the salt water

@luci45 #08  My name is Nida and I am sentient.  Hello, Nida! Actually looks like a mensa meeting.  I like the color

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,522

Closed for entries - voting will begin shortly!

And thanks for all comments, I will run through the last entries and comment soon.

Baah, damn, I need to find a new place to run the voting as SurveyMonkey now wants $50 to have a survey the way we use to do it.

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

Great renders everyone!!!

Goodness thats a steep price for a survey!

Question to any of you that might have created a database, is there any way to more easily get Rendo items into Excel besides doing each individual item?

Daventaki said:

Great renders everyone!!!

Goodness thats a steep price for a survey!

Question to any of you that might have created a database, is there any way to more easily get Rendo items into Excel besides doing each individual item?

I have manually entered the all my "non-Daz" stuff, but kept the DB more or less updated for years, starting now would be daunting ! 

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

I was afraid that was the case, considering I don't even have everything installed from other stores it might take me forever lol. 

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,653

I do hope you find a site where you can do the polling!!

edited May 2021
    Post edited by Totte on
  • bohemian3bohemian3 Posts: 1,030
    edited May 2021

The contest may be closed and the voting commenced, but the accolades keep coming:

luci45#8 : Nida Attends an ASLA Meeting
    Wow, wonderful, magical, colorful.  It has a kind of nice childbook illustration feel which works for this render.

MelanieL#7: My Ship Came In
    Nice use of perspective - gives the render a definite cinematic sweep.  

katfeete #5:  The Last Straw
    Interesting backstory - sounds like a TV series in the making.  I like the color on the cloak and hands from the SFX - integrates the special effect coherently into the scene.

gopherus #04: It’s Not Polite to Interrupt Mmmmmmmother Christmas
    A lot going on here, but your use of color helps bring it all together.  The lingerie imp is hysterical.  Defintely bring her/him/they back in the future !  

Totte#9: The little forest birdhouse
    Serene and relaxing and kind of zen in it's placements of a the elements.  The scale makes for an interesting render - thought I do think Lucy needs to be drug tested.

aprilshowers2065#9 Late Due to Unexpected Side Effects
    Interesting render - nice use of color and I like the lights.  Inventive, fun, and kinda scary too.

Daventaki #9 Late for Dinner....
    Grafatti as art does have its consequences.  They can at least spray paint a taco.  Fun render.

Post edited by bohemian3 on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,155

Sorry this is so delayed. Having to go through all the entries again for the vote reminded me I hadn't done any comments since mid April. I had meant to keep up, but failed dismally.

katfeete #2 - lovely render
    #3 - the Comtesse is a busy lady! Nice idea.
    #4 - clever use of that pull, I think she should go back inside and keep hiding.
    #5 - what a grumpy uncle! The kids can't have been that annoying ... can they?!

Daventaki #4 - naughty dog! I'm not sure the gift will be appreciated by whoever is supposed to receive it!
    #5 - poor Caspian - the  best laid plans...
    #6 - that's one hot horse! Technology and water just don't mix though.
    #7 - what a lovely colourful render. Typical celebrity reaction.
    #8 - good idea. Those shaders look lovely on the cars.
    #9 - scary! Congratulations on getting to #9.

Totte #6 - oh dear, the lady in pink looks like she'd rather get her dinner than a flower for the table.
    #7 - I've been in checkout queues like that.
    #8 - now that is an excuse! Good one.
    #9 - well at least she wasn't just sitting and daydreaming.... (another #9)

vamok #2 - ah, the pushy saleswoman, looks like they might have to take a jar or two just to get away.

aprilshowers2065 #5 - oh, dear, competetive men at work" Great idea.
    #6 - tee hee! Such a lot in the scene, but it all fits so well. I think young Yuqi is going to grow up into a super-villain!
    #7 - thwarted by the aging avenger! Good use of the pull.
    #8 - makes a change from everything coming out pink! Nice idea.
    #9 - you can't be too careful with the chemicals. Good render. (And you made it to #9 too - congrats!)

luci45 #6 - I'm sure the Tipps' can find something positive about their situation. Nice render.
    #7 - Land of the Giants! Lovely render.
    #8 - what a mixed bunch - great stuff!

katywhite #1 - hah! she seems to be getting as much exercise as anyone else there.

Gopherus #1 - completely mad, but weirdly compelling!
    #2 - the old jokes are the best ones... very funny.
    #3 - I love the idea that the cat has an appointment for being chased! Nice homage to the artist.
    #4 - gnome tossing? The reindeer seems to be having a great time.

bohemian3 #5 - I love the alien tea connoisseur! Great render too.

And finally, thanks to everyone who commented on my last couple of entries, and good luck to all in the vote.

• katywhitekatywhite Posts: 415

aprilshowers2065 said:

Thanks Totte!

@katywhite #1 Wonder what excuses she tried before resorting to this one wink

@Totte #7 Unfortunately that happens way too often for real...

@katfeete #4 Makes me wonder what she's referring to by 'got weird'

@Daventaki #7 Well, at least maybe it'll make for good advertising for a future gig...

Pull #8

14 Knit St Patrick's Day
    20 Bathroom and Laundry Area Set with Props
    144 Sci-fi Antenna DS
    291 Peplum Dress for Genesis 2 Female(s)

@aprilshowers2065 For sure! :)

• katywhitekatywhite Posts: 415

Gopherus said:

@Luci #03  Wouldn t you know that bills come by pigeion but bill collectors come by jet..... ax accident... i do not think so!   good one!

#04  I am thinking that the owner really wanted to get a selfie of himself in the driver seat of the toonmodile.... so cute!

#05  And worst of all was that if he wore the retro outfit and it became popular again.... he would be type cast and have to wear it the rest of his career... it even could become viral.... Do not wear that or you might be "Retro Edied"

#06  No accident!  the world is telling them that it is time for their video crew to teach them the advantages of skype

#07  Anytime i see the word adventure mentioned I run the other way... adventures always end up very challenging... Great color and perspective.

@Totte #03  What a job!!  much better than a bus rodeo.  what fun!

#04  When an angel recommends an extended warranty it seem like a good idea!

#05  Excellent choice.... and every future birthday she can get antique ammunition.... making life so much simpler

#06  Poor Pedro!  it was poor strategy.... what the company i used to work for did,  was to put a star under some of the chairs... and only those people got the flowers... and they did not know it until aferwards

#07  I hope she has the courtesy to "Pay it forward".... but i am not holding my breath

@Melanie #03  When you need cover anything will have to do.... maybe the dragons are too busy to search for food

#04  OOOOh! he mentioned a lady... now he is never going to live it down for the rest of his life.... good one!

@AprilShowers #02  Squiggles must live next door... that is the reason we so often miss our paper

#03  They should have checked with the manufacturer of their GPS device  and noticed that it was a Giant Pissed-off Snake locater

#04  Sounds logical to me.... one hour at 300 degrees,  45 minutes at 350 degrees, or two seconds at a million degrees

#05  I can understand the head stewardess.... who wouldn t rather watch martial arts instead of cleaning the head

#06  Blame it on the grandparents getting her a weird science kit for her last birthday

#07  If only she could be convinced to make the damsels easier to carry.... but she is having a blast being a total pain...

@Daventaki #01  She should have taken her dog with her....

#02  But oh so beautiful! countryside.  that happened to me once as i watched my gas gauge moving further and further beyond empty

#03  Sorry the flat does not come with parking privileges

#04  If only they had gotten out the dog carrying case and started talking about the vet... then he would be so far under the sofa that they could leave without the drama

#05  Curse Benito.... for no one else could ever have made the Italian trains run on schedule

#06   Oh!  the perils of multi-tasking..... maybe if she fills the fountain with rice she might have a chance of restoring the phone

#07  Once a ham...when the photographer gets back to his studio he will find her in every one of his pix

#08  Love the wide screen.  This sounds like the trick Atalanta used to win her race... filling the track with objects that her competitors could not refuse

@Katfeete #01  LOL! Evel Knevel here she comes.  she should have chosen the balloon tires

@#02  Sounds like McCoys predicament when he was locked in a deep dungeon in the emptiness of the galaxy.... and kirk still got the girl (well a creature that looked like a girl anyway)

@#03  Oh the disappointment of the other opera patrons if Camilia is not there to sing the finale.... they may insist on waiting for her arrival

@#04  I can see her lying at the feet of Jabba in chains.... I hope she has a brother to rescue her.

@Barbult #02  Definitely a libra.... i wonder if she considered that when she  sent him off on his impossible mission

#03  Better to serve lunch than to have to muck out the stalls afterwards.... i wonder if the show she is missing is a horse opera?

@Vamok #01  Making the world a better place 2 robots at a time.... that should be worth some sympathy.... somewhere

#02  LOL!  What a plan.... if she can get them to invite her to the marshalling area she can stop the entire invasion by getting their fingers so sticky that they jam up all the buttons

@Bohemian3 #01  did they try offering him the next billy goat down the road.... the big juicy one?

@Katywhite #01  LOL!  I think that she is getting her exercise on the job... what she really needs is a good masseur

@Gopherus hahaha that's probably true!

• GopherusGopherus Posts: 1,103

thanks melanie and bohemian for your comments