BRYCE RENDER CHALLENGE ►►►Winter Edition◄◄◄ Theme is *Ʌ*Ʌ* .. FIRE and ICE .. *Ʌ*Ʌ*

Comments

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Trish: Nice image.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,541
    edited December 1969

@Trish - nicely done.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,105
    edited December 1969

Just back from Tenerife to freezing temperatures and the threat of snow so here is my third entry. One instanced snow flake into ten in a 'Y' formation; four mirrors, top, left, right and bottom; two Sphere Fill Lights in the centre, one with an orange/yellow/orange gradient and the other a light blue/nearly white/light blue gradient both taking the same space.

Fiery Snow Flakes

fiery-snow-flakes-001.jpg
    1000 x 556 - 749K
  • TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 2014

Thanks Guss and Horo.......Fishtales ...Tenerife looks like a really cool place to visit !! I really like your snowflakes !!

Post edited by Trish on
  • mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444
    edited December 1969

@jamahoney... lots of fire in her eyes..... and why not with a piece of ice like that... great image
    @drachenlords... Love that image... great ice and votive
    @kerna... nice ice draft horses.. looking forward to your final render with the fiery manes and tails... all in all very cool
    @mermaid... Gorgeous abstract...
    @bullit... Cool image!
    @fishtales... your Fiery Snowflakes... OOOOOHHH!

Here is my 3rd entry...
    Title: Dragon Melt Pure Glacier Drinking Water...Eons in the Making

dragon_melt_water.jpg
    960 x 720 - 630K
    edited December 1969

@Sandy: Beautiful abstract, it'd make a very nice stain glass window.

@mtnmen: Nifty idea for an image. And to get bottled water.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,392
    edited December 1969

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments on my final entry

Trish - awesome render

Sandy - love the snowflakes, very nicely done

Mtnmen- wow pure glacier drinking water, nice idea.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

Cheers, Mtnmen...wouldn't like to drink that stuff ;)

Jay

edited December 1969

@Sandy - great idea with the snowflakes.

@mtnmen - also a great idea with the Dragon Melt water. So we don't need to wait for summer to get some water. Just send the dragons up into the mountains and let'em breath a bit.

• orbitalorbital Posts: 120
    edited December 1969

All Bryce except the spacemen, no postwork. Exploring an ice covered planet in a Binary system.

fire_and_ice_copy.jpg
    1400 x 676 - 397K
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 2014

Super space scene, Orbital...and credit to the astronauts (or should that be Binonauts?) for what looks like was a very tricky landing ;)

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • goofygrmom3goofygrmom3 Posts: 160
    edited December 1969

The work here is amazing!

I was wondering thru this thread looking for inspiration. Makes me want to play in Bryce more often. (In fact I have the tut for the 'cloud city' to play with).

I created this render today all in Bryce. I tweeked my sea monster that I made recently. However, since I have not been around in about a year, I don't think it should be entered in the contest. I just wanted y'all to see what you inspired me to do.

Thanks for looking...

FireAndIceJust4Fun12-16.jpg
    640 x 480 - 96K
    edited December 1969

@orbital: Wonderful image.

@goofygrmom3: That is an interesting image.

edited December 1969

@orbital - that's a great space scene.

@goofygrmom3 - nice to see you back. Sea monsters look fine. I don't see any reason why not have it as an entry for the contest.

edited December 2014

Orbital - that’s one awesome space scene.

Goofygrmom3 - the sea monsters looks nice, did you model that in Bryce. I agree with Horo, I don’t see any reason why you don't want to enter it in the challenge.

Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

And I third that, enter it.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,115
    edited December 1969

@bullit35744 : love the dragon scene
    @Fishtales : awesome snowflakes !
    @mtnmen : a very original idea !
    @orbital : nice image
    @goofygrmom3 : beautiful sea monsters.

edited December 2014

Thanks for the compliments. I sorta feel funny about entering it in the contest, as I haven't been around for a year.

@mermaid - I modeled that in Bryce using a tutorial for 'a golden shell'. I've modeled several versions that way. I often have to refer back to the tut because I don't have time play as much as I would like to.

Post edited by goofygrmom3 on
    edited December 2014

I've been looking thru my files and I don't think this render fits the rules. I originally created that 'shell' back in Sept 2012. Then I created the monster this past October. While the finished render is new, parts are not.

But I really appreciate the compliments and encouragement. Thanks everyone.

Post edited by goofygrmom3 on
    edited December 1969

@mermaid - I modeled that in Bryce using a tutorial for 'a golden shell'. I've modeled several versions that way. I often have to refer back to the tut because I don't have time play as much as I would like to.

Thanks for the info, I think I came across this tutorial some time ago. The monsters are very nicely done.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

I've been looking thru my files and I don't think this render fits the rules. I originally created that 'shell' back in Sept 2012. Then I created the monster this past October. While the finished render is new, parts are not.

But I really appreciate the compliments and encouragement. Thanks everyone.

Seriously, don't worry about it... Enter it.
    The rule is that the render must be a new one, that elements have either been rendered or made a while ago doesn't matter. :cheese:

And that you haven't been around for a year.... Well that's unforgivable for many reasons but none of them to do with the competition.
    Please keep it as an entry because if you have a horse in the race, you're more likely to keep coming to the track. :-)

edited December 1969

@ Mermaid - the tut is from mulawa.net/tutorials. I did a spiral staircase from there a ways back. Lots of screen shots which help me tremdously.

@ Savage - real life has kept me very busy this past year. My oldest granddaughter graduated from the community college. And now she's in college about 1 1/2 hours away. Her parents both work and she doesn't drive. Her grandfather and I help with the transportation back/forth. Keeps us pretty busy. I'm just glad we're able to help.

As for having a horse in the race, I'll think about it for a couple days. I'm also trying to play a bit more as I'm not driving all over Florida for a couple weeks. It's winter break time.

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444
    edited December 1969

GussNemo, Mermaid, Jamahoney, Horo, adbc... Thanks for your comments...
    @Orbital... very nice space scene..
    @goofygrmom3... Those are some fun sea monsters... and they look rather "fiery" as they swim amongst the icebergs... So I think they fit the challenge quite well.. In between your trips to and from school for your grandkids, it would be great for you to take a few moments to express your creative side... and what better than Bryce and this forum?
    Steve

edited December 1969

Ok. I've thought about it. I'll enter the sea monsters in the challenge. Thanks tons for the encouragement.

edited December 1969

Third and final render.....Escape.....

Escape_2.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 144K
    edited December 1969

@Trish: Beautiful image. Real nice looking horse.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,115
    edited December 1969

@Bullit35744 : I really like your image.

edited December 1969

@Trish - that's beautiful.

edited December 1969

Guss...adbc...Horo... Thank you very much.....Trish

• Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 500
    edited December 1969

Another great challenge and great images all around!

Here's my entry - "Home for Christmas"

A "dogs eye" view of a Christmas scene.
    Staged and rendered in Bryce 7.1
    Modeled in Modo
    Trees created in Abarro
    Christmas stuff by Lia's Botanicals
    Boots by Smay

33 ranged lights - Render time about 8 hours at 64 RPP. TA and soft shadow on.

Thanks for looking and Merry Christmas!

christmas_2014.jpg
    700 x 1000 - 221K