Tongue Control for G2 Female & Male (Now Live) (Commercial)

Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046
edited December 2014 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Hi Guys. I have never been happy with the range of flexibility the tongue on Genesis2 provided, so I decided to expand on it. I have also created two new mouth open wider morphs taking it to the extreme for those who want that form of functionality. All of these morphs contains lots of JCM's so they work together quite well with existing expressions and pose control movement values. Still busy with some final details but here is a quick preview of what you are able to do. Will post more details and pics when things are more finalized. Feel free to ask any questions. :cheese: Thanks

TC_test.jpg
1570 x 1000 - 122K
Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,567
    edited December 1969

Oh my! That is pretty amazing!

• Gothic ShadowGothic Shadow Posts: 35
    edited November 2014

Will you be able to do something like having your tongue touch you nose? Or even curling your tongue?

Post edited by Gothic Shadow on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,766
    edited December 1969

Very nice! Looks like another winner, but one suggestion: it would be great if there was a "lips pursed" morph that matches the extended tongue as well, since when most people stick out their tongue, it's with a closed mouth.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,567
    edited December 1969

I think now we need some good alien textures or a Geiger-esque alien to have such a awesomely cool tongue.

I haven't looked at the zombies I have or what their tongues actually are like. But... A zombie with a tongue like this makes me shudder. =-)

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046
    edited November 2014

Incy said:
    Will you be able to do something like having your tongue touch you nose? Or even curling your tongue?

Yes you can. :-)

tongue3.jpg
    827 x 838 - 181K
    tongue2.jpg
    827 x 838 - 181K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited November 2014

edited

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited November 2014

Very nice! Looks like another winner, but one suggestion: it would be great if there was a "lips pursed" morph that matches the extended tongue as well, since when most people stick out their tongue, it's with a closed mouth.

You can do that actually. I was just showing some extreme examples. Here I just combined the tongue control morphs with some of the existing pose controls for mouth and lips. Pretty sure if you want it more "pursed" you can just dial those existing lip pose controls to full. But from what I have seen, it can provide you with that look.

tongue0.jpg
    827 x 838 - 181K
    tongue_out.jpg
    827 x 838 - 186K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited November 2014

I think now we need some good alien textures or a Geiger-esque alien to have such a awesomely cool tongue.

I haven't looked at the zombies I have or what their tongues actually are like. But... A zombie with a tongue like this makes me shudder. =-)

I have been experimenting with textures and a tongue slime\saliva prop\overlay. Problem is, I don't know if can get that done in time for this release. If not, then possibly as an addon. But let me see how things progress.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • ModernWizardModernWizard Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

Oooh, this looks great! Will there be a "forked" morph for the end so snakelike characters can look more realistic [hah hah hah]?

--MW

edited November 2014

Yes it has a forked morph. In the first post you will see it combined with the long tongue morph. This was by far the hardest morph\feature to do because the minute you bent the tongue using pose controls or bones, the fork prongs distorted, so I had to make quite a few JCM's (joint controlled morphs) to keep them in place lol. I am still adding more JCM's as I find more conflicts when more than one pose dial combo is being used.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • ModernWizardModernWizard Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

Thanks for answering my question, though it was clearly asked just because I wasn't looking carefully at the pictures. I didn't know that JCMs could even be applied to a tongue and would even need to exist for a forked morph, but you learn something new every day!

--MW

edited November 2014

Lol niether did I, but I had to learn the hard way. :blank: In a nutshell, technically you can apply a jcm to anything:)

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,511
    edited December 1969

Wow, I've wanted something like this for a long time! All this time we had creature morphs coming out the wazoo and no giant mouth morphs or really long tongues to make them particularly scary. :)

Great work!

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,948
    edited December 1969

That looks good (if kinda freaky!) ;)

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited November 2014

So this is why the Zev0 been quiet lately! Very impressive man, another set to look forward too, looks great and scary :D I must ask, is this truly the original mesh? Or is it a Geograft? I wasn't sure it could do this kind of thing with its mesh density lol

Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited November 2014

SpyroRue said:
    So this is why the Zev0 been quiet lately! Very impressive man, another set to look forward too, looks great and scary :D I must ask, is this truly the original mesh? Or is it a Geograft? I wasn't sure it could do this kind of thing with its mesh density lol

It is the original mesh, and yes, not alot to play with lol, hense all the JCM's needed to correct distortions. With such a low density (polycount), distortions happen very quickly when you try and morph it to the extreme and try to bend with those morphs applied.

I wanted to use the original tongue because it has the right structure, and is rigged pretty well with 6 bones already in place. Would be a crime not to try and squeeze all out of it:)

tongue_mesh.JPG
    1104 x 825 - 45K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited November 2014

Wow, I've wanted something like this for a long time! All this time we had creature morphs coming out the wazoo and no giant mouth morphs or really long tongues to make them particularly scary. :)

Great work!

Thanks. Yes it is part of the reason I made this. Creatures all with human tongues and mouth limits...bleh!!!!! But this set can also be very useful when applied to normal humans for expression enhancements, eg pic example of tongue touching nose.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited December 1969

Excellent! Just how long can it go? Are we talking 'The Strain'-style lengths, like an elephant trunk?

Also, is that fork purely horizontal or is there also a vertical arrangement? If so, I'm intrigued at what they'd look like combined into a sort of starfish effect...

Zev0 said:

I have been experimenting with textures and a tongue slime\saliva prop\overlay. Problem is, I don't know if can get that done in time for this release. If not, then possibly as an addon. But let me see how things progress.

Yes, please! Have been wanting saliva drooling for tongues and jaws for a very long time!

edited November 2014

This is the max length (tongue length morph + in out pose controller). And with regards to vertical fork, no there won't be any. To do that would mean re-creating all the Jcms from scartch lol. It already has gotten out of hand. Doing just a normal fork was hard enough. :down:

length.jpg
    827 x 525 - 37K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

Good enough for me! And thank you for making it for both genders.

• Gothic ShadowGothic Shadow Posts: 35
    edited December 1969

Can it also do some of the complicated tongue poses people can do as well? Like the clover and other the really amazing poses that some people can to with there tongue.

Anyway this is something I am really interested in picking up. Thank you for working on this.

edited November 2014

I really don't know if I will be including other extreme tongue poses\deforms such as the clover. If I do that would push this product back a good week or two. It took long enough just getting the basics done right because of all the jcm's it requires lol. Maybe later down the line I can expand on it, but not right now.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited December 1969

Been scaling back my purchases since the intervention (don't ask :red: ) but this is a must have :)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,938
    edited December 1969

Been scaling back my purchases since the intervention (don't ask :red: ) but this is a must have :)

is funny my family (brother and sis in law) no help, I say what I spent at DAZ or on software and they just say what they spent on Ebay or on DVD's etc or at nursery on plants that die and I feel quite relieved!!!
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,938
    edited December 1969

And Zevo, licking this very much

edited December 2014

Product is in testing. Here are some Promos, still busy with a few more. I am hoping this will be out in a weeks time:)

popup_4.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 468K
    popup_3.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 406K
    popup_2.jpg
    1300 x 693 - 339K
    Popup_1.jpg
    1300 x 693 - 344K
    Main.jpg
    700 x 910 - 545K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 2014

Some more Promos. You will notice on the first attachment the taper morph is not Poser compatible.. This is because Poser does not support single-axis scaling unfortunately. :blank: We are trying to come up with a solution so hopefully in a future update it will work.

popup_8.jpg
    1300 x 693 - 703K
    popup_6.jpg
    1300 x 693 - 302K
    popup_5.jpg
    1300 x 693 - 306K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • nightwolf1982nightwolf1982 Posts: 1,136
    edited December 1969

WOW!

My wallet's going to take a licking on this one!

edited December 1969

Uvula! Lower tongue ridge! Thinner tapering! Additional wider open mouth poses!

Man... The forked morph wasn't very relevant to me, as the Creature Creator does that (but, obviously, for those who don't have it, it'd come in great), but all those other options are fantastic!

I really like the HD Details 4 making it look segmented... If given a metallic shader, that should work wonders for giving the illusion of a tongue for cybernetic characters.

Just about the only things I could think of for a future update would be a spike for the tip (the tapering morph would make that a very interesting mosquito-like addition for monster characters), an ability to pose the individual forks into a sort of organic pincer (and maybe two individual spikes for each) and rose of spikes/thorns for the upper, lower and side surfaces of the tongue, for viciously predatory creatures.

Well done on this. :)

edited December 2014

Thanks for the kind words. A spike is possible, however moving the individual prongs on a forked morph isn't. See, it needs to have its own bones. Let me explain why.

Without bones, you have to make adjustments for every possible morph combination when you move it because there is nothing to handle rotation data of those assigned polygons. Say for example I create right prong move up. Ok, so it works, now I want to bend the tongue. It will now start to distort and I will need to make a JCM for that because there is no bone values for pronk move up + bend. Now say I want to also move the tongue to the left, another JCM for that combination. Say I change my mind and want to move the prong down instead, guess what, another JCM. Imagine other combinations used as well such as twist, length, curl etc..At first I did attempt it, but the amount of work to get it right was proving to be more than the entire product itself, so I just scrapped it. It would be nice, but with the low poly count you have to play with and no bone rigging to carry the work, it will need a hell of a lot of supporting morphs to look right. Let's not forget to factor in possible distortions with mixed figure shapes. So basically, a nightmare lol. It's basically the same as trying to bend a figures arm that has no arm bones rigged.

Post edited by Zev0 on