1080 x 1398 - 423K
    94548787 REEDIT .jpg
    1440 x 1008 - 1M
    1686168168edi EDITt.jpg
    1440 x 1440 - 1M
    Post edited by roguekoii299 on
  • PixelSploitingPixelSploiting Posts: 874
    edited June 2021

It's an older G2 outfit and it shows, but at least there's a deel for Daz characters. There's no proper bow and quiver model so the Centaur 7 ones will do. No archery rings models either.

Post edited by PixelSploiting on
  • mr clammr clam Posts: 707
    edited June 2021

"Mr. Woo's Necromancy and Video Rental"

mr-woos-necromancy-and-video-rental_730_auto.png
    730 x 487 - 588K
    Post edited by mr clam on
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,786

roguekoii299 said:

I like this one in particular!

• SetaliaSetalia Posts: 48

I was wondering: If I got Mei Lin 8 and a morph pack that requires her, can I apply these to Genesis 8.1 core? Or will they only work with G8? I'd like to be able to use the 8.1 features.

• Setalia said:

I was wondering: If I got Mei Lin 8 and a morph pack that requires her, can I apply these to Genesis 8.1 core? Or will they only work with G8? I'd like to be able to use the 8.1 features.

The Mei Lin 8 shaping morphs & G8F shaping morphs are present with Genesis 8.1 figures.
    There should be no problem to apply a G8F figure (including Mei Lin 8 morphs) onto a G8.1F figure at all.

• SeraSera Posts: 1,675

Setalia said:

You have to use 4.15 to get the morphs to load into 8.1 automatically. But I have *heard* that if you manually move the morphs into the 8.1 morphs folder, you can get them to work that way as well. I haven't tried it though, so no promises that that will actually work. 

• SetaliaSetalia Posts: 48
    edited June 2021

I will still need Mei Lin 8 though, correct? Since the pack says it requires her.

https://www.daz3d.com/p3d-mei-lin-8-enhanced-morphs

I just want to make sure I don't buy something I don't need.

Post edited by Setalia on
  • Hylas said:

roguekoii299 said:

I like this one in particular!

Thanks! :)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,187
    edited June 2021

Setalia said:

I will still need Mei Lin 8 though, correct? Since the pack says it requires her.

https://www.daz3d.com/p3d-mei-lin-8-enhanced-morphs

I just want to make sure I don't buy something I don't need.

Yes, if you want the results to look like the promo images, you need Mei Lin 8. You can apply the morphs to any Genesis 8 Female, they will just not look like the promo images. Also, be aware that the product doesn't include any materials. It is only morphs.

For example, here is the Yena shape applied to Mei Lin on the left and Genesis 8 Female on the right.

Yena morph on Mei Lin 8 and Genesis 8 Female.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 680K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • GeffeGeffe Posts: 63

• PixelSploitingPixelSploiting Posts: 874
    edited June 2021

I'm tempted to see if I can rip suitable clothes and horse tack from a game. I have Bannerlord in my Steam library. Their models should look good enough ported into Daz.

Post edited by PixelSploiting on
    edited June 2021
    Post edited by Hylas on
  • FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,028

Love the renders shared so far, here's my contribution (Grace Young):

Neko, The Beauty | Gallery Link

This one is Kwan 8 (one of my favorite characters) with his HD add-on.

Forgotten | Gallery Link

edited June 2021
    Ushi for Mei Lin 8_Camera.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 2M
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,591
    edited June 2021

What a great thread. I enjoy seeing what images are posted daily. Since I have a ton of Asian characters and morphs, figured I'd add another image to the thread.

cyberasian.jpg
    1522 x 849 - 934K
    Post edited by FSMCDesigns on
  • neosoul3dneosoul3d Posts: 8
    edited June 2021

Wow I love this thread. I have been using Daz Studio since a couple of months now. And I was trying to make some morphs. I morphed Genesis 8.1 after a scanned mesh. Now I still have to figure out all those shaders and how to texture.  I made this morph in blender and 3D coat.

miya.jpg
    2358 x 1587 - 2M
    Post edited by neosoul3d on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,591

great looking morph neosoul3d, look forward to seeing the finished version

• DA KrossDA Kross Posts: 70
    edited June 2021

Miyako Sogabe, the main character for my upcoming novel Stardust. I used Kenji Hair, the skin texture from Ai, and dialed her face with a little help from an Asian morph pack from Renderosity.

Miyako.jpg
    5120 x 2880 - 2M
    Post edited by DA Kross on

FSMCDesigns said:

great looking morph neosoul3d, look forward to seeing the finished version

Thank you, I follow all kinds of tutorials on youtube. Hopefully it will work out lol

Oh wow looks great da_kross
  • csaacsaa Posts: 812

Early on I enjoyed posing the Grace Yong figure for most of my work. Here's one.

Cheers!

Alongside Her Mirror

Why was this thread moved when similar threads (Show us your IRAY renders, Superheroes Rebooted, Black is Beautiful) can be in Commons?

• Hylas said:

Why was this thread moved when similar threads (Show us your IRAY renders, Superheroes Rebooted, Black is Beautiful) can be in Commons?

It depends how quickly we notice where they are.

edited June 2021

Richard Haseltine said:

Hylas said:

It depends how quickly we notice where they are.

I'm sure Daz moderators don't intend to treat Asians differently than blacks and superheroes, after the recent emphasis on stopping hate. It would be nice to make this positioning of threads consistent, to remove any suggestion otherwise.

edited June 2021

I'm not accusing the mods or anybody of racism, I'm just confused by the inconsistency. Richards explanation makes no sense because all the threads I mentioned have been around forever in Commons and each have multiple parts because they run longer than 100 pages. I don't understand at all but I'm also ready to move on now.

In any case...

@neosoul3d, DA Kross, and csaa: those look great

Post edited by Hylas on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,215

Hylas said:

I'm not accusing the mods or anybody of racism, I'm just confused by the inconsistency. Richards explanation makes no sense because all the threads I mentioned have been around forever in Commons and each have multiple parts because they run longer than 100 pages. I don't understand at all but I'm also ready to move on now.

In any case...

I think Richard's explanation was that those threads weren't moved promptly, and thus became permissible Commons threads, and grandfathering in their successor threads. In other words, it's precisely BECAUSE those threads have been around a long time that they're not being moved now. Whether you find that argument persuasive is another matter.

Hylas said:

In any case...

I wasn't suggesting that you were suggesting racism or anything like that. I certainly don't think that is the case at all. I just meant that someone seeing that the Asian thread was not allowed in the most active and viewed forum (Commons) when other similar threads were, might interpret it that way. So, all similar threads should be treated equally, regardless of whether the problem was previously overlooked or not. Moving only the Asian thread and leaving the others looks problematic to me.

• DA KrossDA Kross Posts: 70

Hylas said:

Thanks, both you and neosoul.

• csaacsaa Posts: 812

Hylas said:

@Hylas, thanks for the generous feedback.

Cheers!