Muscle definition and veins details wont show in Unreal

Comments

• fox5050fox5050 Posts: 53
    edited June 2021

Yeah I think I'm getting it. Here is a photo of my new material. Also here is a before and after adding normals. But not yet close to what i want. 

(Mod edit: images showing nudity removed. For details on how to handle nudity, read https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3279/acceptable-ways-of-handling-nudity#latest  )

Snap 2021-06-10 at 21.31.08.png
    1916 x 1024 - 552K
    Snap 2021-06-10 at 21.30.42.png
    1910 x 1026 - 1M
    Post edited by Cris Palomino on
  • EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 1,390

fox5050 said:

Yeah I think I'm getting it. Here is a photo of my new material. Also here is a before and after adding normals. But not yet close to what i want. 

it's a matter of practice about it, i think which now you are missing just bake the bump map into the normal map, ok i will try to tomorrow or this weekend make a detailed tutorial about it, giving all the tips i did here which some more tips which maybe you are missing to increase more the quality, anyway keep studing and training more in the material and at the end you will get the resulsts you want, remember in the end the bake process is just a "illusions" if you do "close ups" on the character you will notice which they are just "effects" and not really the mesh, but a the right distance from the character and at level 1 resolution they will still look amazing, at 0 they will look fine the trick in the end is the poss processing which will make things looks better. 

Ok my friend. I need to add you in the credits of the movie im making. LOL

I just noticed if I just double click on the arms texure that came over with the model from Daz to Unreal bridge that all I need to do is add the normal that I baked. Then in that same window I increased the the normal map setting.Is this the same as you adding a new material and multuplyers. 

Snap 2021-06-11 at 07.21.38.png
    1913 x 960 - 843K
    Snap 2021-06-11 at 07.22.02.png
    1892 x 1017 - 876K
    Snap 2021-06-11 at 07.23.48.png
    450 x 284 - 24K

Here is what it looks like doing it the way I said in my last post. Still not near good for a movie. I may be just asking for to much. It needs to be sharper I know that redoing the texture will improve a great deal. Also I may not be doing my lighting correct that will also make a great deal of difference. I need it to look as good as in Daz3d.

Snap 2021-06-11 at 07.46.08.png
    1912 x 1006 - 981K
    crop.jpg
    767 x 448 - 67K

Ok how about this. If I import my High_poly.obj mesh that I rendered from Daze3d and then import that intoBlender then  Using Blender to Unreal bridge I get amazing results but with no bones.Is their any way to Do a daztoUnreal to get all the bones and other stuff corect then just replace the mesh and material with the Blender to Unreal. That way we are just replacing the low base daz3d fbx with the high poly obj. This is a photo of exporting a high poly obj from daz3d then importing it into Blender then bleder to Unreal bridge. 

Snap 2021-06-11 at 12.35.31.png
    1920 x 1026 - 1M
    edited June 2021

at this point what you are asking is the impossible, the bridge only allow you to export at best level 1 anything above it can't be done, if you export the obj model you would need to "apply the fbx base skeleton to the obj and "riggi" it which is the great issue if you don't have any knowledge in how to do it just give up or if it's too basic because it is a lot of pain to proper adjust the stuffs, the best what you can would be apply a tesselation effect, but in the end you would need yourself make a high poly model, or hire someone to make for you, for you movie, because again you are asking for more than what can be don with the bridge and to be fair with anything because this is a daz limitation only daz artists are allowed to export high poly models, they are the ones which have the "tools" for that we can't do that then if you want to use daz models, you must use bake and use low poly models as they are.

you just must "ignore what you saw in daz make sure what you are seeying in unreal is the "most close as what you see in daz" otherwise would be better just do everything inside daz.

Post edited by Ellessarr on

Yeah I get ya. I'm just learning and seeing what is and what is not posable. You have been a huge help to clarify all this. Ill still use Daz character and do my best with it. Ill try that multiplier thing I seen you do in the other post.

edited June 2021

I feel like im getting better results the more i follow your post tutorial.

Snap 2021-06-11 at 21.18.29.png
    1904 x 1022 - 1M
    Snap 2021-06-11 at 22.25.54.png
    1893 x 1025 - 1M
    Post edited by fox5050 on
    edited June 2021

Here is a 4k test frame comparing a Metahuman to see how im doing. So far I think ill keep using the daz3d to Unreal workflow. I happy with these results. Im not done yet still need to work hair and eyes.

TestRenders.0001.jpeg
    4096 x 2160 - 4M

fox5050 said:

Here is a 4k test frame comparing a Metahuman to see how im doing. So far I think ill keep using the daz3d to Unreal workflow. I happy with these results. Im not done yet still need to work hair and eyes.

it's really looking good, well anyway i've just made my bake tutorial maybe you could take some tips on it, about it to improve a little more. 

Thanks Ellessarr. Oh yes im all in on that. 

Im using this set up from your other tutorial. Is this correct. Im trying to increase the effect of the normal a little. 

Snap 2021-06-12 at 18.36.12.png
    1869 x 1012 - 691K
    edited June 2021

fox5050 said:

Im using this set up from your other tutorial. Is this correct. Im trying to increase the effect of the normal a little. 

yeah you can increase if you want, also you generate too the ambient occlusion map?? if yes you can apply it aswell it helps with the shadows and illumination, in the end what is matter is the final result if you feel it's good then go for it, how it's looking in the character? 

edited June 2021

I dont have occlusion map. How you get those? Do you see it here.

Snap 2021-06-12 at 19.02.39.png
    1183 x 294 - 201K

fox5050 said:

I dont have occlusion map. How you get those? Do you see it here.

it is generated in the bake process go back to my tutorial and it shows what maps are created during the process then what you need to do is make sure when export the textures you also have the occlusion map, it is on the tutorial. 

Ok got it I missed all that somehow.I convert all texture jpg to tga 32bit as well.

edited June 2021

So before I go any further with textures I thought I would see if the bones and animation work, well not so good. LOL Any ideas why this happen.I select humanoid then I go to modified pose and choose Geniuses8 and this happens. Its like is skeleton shrunk taking the mesh with it. Ill need to fix this before wasting my time on the texturing and other things. 

Snap 2021-06-13 at 07.28.26.png
    1911 x 1014 - 732K
    Snap 2021-06-13 at 07.28.52.png
    1919 x 1028 - 721K

fox5050 said:

So before I go any further with textures I thought I would see if the bones and animation work, well not so good. LOL Any ideas why this happen.I select humanoid then I go to modified pose and choose Geniuses8 and this happens. Its like is skeleton shrunk taking the mesh with it. Ill need to fix this before wasting my time on the texturing and other things. 

you are talking about animation or pose?? if animation then check this tutorial it's for retarget animation

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/491596/tutorial-retargeting-animations-inside-unreal-to-daz-characters ;

I'm not sure really. I followed the official Daz3d daztounreal bridge tutorial and in that video she says to retarget skeleton in the retarget manager windows. Maybe I dont need to do that step.Ill check out your link. Thank you

edited June 2021

So I started Daz3d with a new project and did a daztounreal with the Gen8 male and things worked correct. But If i do the same with other characters that use the Brute character things happen like i posted. Something to do with the scale I think that the brute uses its a scaled up character. So now yet again more problems to solve. I tried scaling down the Brute from its defualt 117% to 100% but as it it was sending to unreal it gets scaled back up to 117% in the view port. So that did not fix the issue. 

fox5050 said:

So I started Daz3d with a new project and did a daztounreal with the Gen8 male and things worked correct. But If i do the same with other characters that use the Brute character things happen like i posted. Something to do with the scale I think that the brute uses its a scaled up character. So now yet again more problems to solve. I tried scaling down the Brute from its defualt 117% to 100% but as it it was sending to unreal it gets scaled back up to 117% in the view port. So that did not fix the issue. 

try a different character for exemple orc if you have or any other "big character" to see if the bug happens, another note if the bug only happens when you apply the "retarget pose" don't worry it will work fine in the animation if it's only happens when apply the retarget pose, now if it's happening in the animation then check the bones to see if the majority of the bones are proper setup for "skeleton" and not animation. 

If I just retarget an animation every this is great. I did this early on days ago so I though all was fine.Today I just followed that Daz3d tutorial about the retarget and thing get weird. I just did not want to keep creating just to find out its all messed up. So I guess I don't have to do that retarget skeleton step.

fox5050 said:

If I just retarget an animation every this is great. I did this early on days ago so I though all was fine.Today I just followed that Daz3d tutorial about the retarget and thing get weird. I just did not want to keep creating just to find out its all messed up. So I guess I don't have to do that retarget skeleton step.

it's depende what you are trying to make, you are making static renders? or animated scenes?, if animated then if you don't want to retarget then you must animated in daz and export this animation to unreal otherwise if you want use animations from let's say mixamo or unreal market or other place you must do the retarget step,

again you checked my tutorial to see what is going wrong?? or still just followed the bridge video, it's a bit outdated. 

ok i've tested here with the clow character and everything is fine

the only moment he looks broken is when i use the humanoi 8 retarget pose, it's deform him a little 

but it don't affect the animation in the animation he is fine without any bug

Well I want to do mocap suit in unreal for our movie. I looked over your tutorial quickly because im working at the moment but it seems to look the same. And this issue only happens with the Brute and Maxx figures. I don't have any other large characters to try. 

Yes I think that my issue. 

Snap 2021-06-13 at 15.53.24.png
    1920 x 1028 - 734K
    Snap 2021-06-13 at 15.54.36.png
    1912 x 1021 - 781K
    edited June 2021

fox5050 said:

Yes I think that my issue. 

if is just the retarget pose then it's not a issue, it is just for the pose in case you need to retarget a animation from a different character, both the animation and character will be fine, as long you set the animation to follow the skeleton and not the animation on the retarget everything will be fine.

Oh cooooooooool. Thats good news. Thanks you

• Hello,

Sorry to bring up the subject after some times, but is it possible to add displacement maps to better show the details on top of the normals ?

like maybe generate the displacement maps in high poly in blender and export them to ue...