LuxusCore Carrara

Comments

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

Joe - very impressive, must have taken ages posing those Eastern Dragons!

• JoepingletonJoepingleton Posts: 746
    edited July 2015

Thanks for the encouraging words.

Experimenting with Carrara 8.5 Pro, Luxuscore Carrara with volumetric light and some dragons and Photoshop.

Dragon_e3d_01.jpg
    720 x 720 - 83K
    Post edited by Joepingleton on
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

Very stylish image!

• 3dcal3dcal Posts: 178

What will LuxusCore cost when it's released?

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,716

There is a post somewhere in this thead where Sphericlabs asks the users here what they would expect to pay for it. I'm guessing that it may be in the $30.00 - $60.00 range, though I guess it could be as high as $100.00. But given the price of Luxus, I think $30.00 - $60.00 is a safe guesstimate.

Depending on how easy it is to use, how well & fast it renders, I'd be willing to spend up to $100.

• ProPoseProPose Posts: 527

Depending on how easy it is to use, how well & fast it renders, I'd be willing to spend up to $100.

Agreed.  But it still crashes Carrara in Windows 10 Pro.  That would be a deal breaker for me. 

Until LuxusCore is ready for prime time, I bought Luxus for Carrara and PhilW's Luxus for Carrara Resource Packwink

• I've started to play with luxcore.

I must say I'm very impressed. What I didn't like about Luxus is now corrected (external rendering, luxus shader loosing carrara settings...).

Having giving a try with Mitsuba integration, I must say I do appreciate all the talent and work SphericLabs put in that product.

Shader translation is great, which allow easy conversion of existing scenes.

For me, it works under Windows 10. I must say that, having a crapy intel graphic card on my laptop, I'm using only CPU rendering.

Nevertheless, IPR works fine and, after export (a bit long, ), carrara is still responsive.

For now, I'm playing Barbie with Vickie 4 in exterior scene and I have good results with 256 samples (roughly 3 minutes in 800x600). I still have to go a little deeper in lux parameters and materials before going further.

Anyway, Sphericlabs can rely on me to buy luxcore (I already have luxus) when he'll sell it.

• EyosEyos Posts: 114

I will surely by as well. It seems a great addition to Carrara.

• New build

Win64 - http://sphericlabs.com/preview/win64/LuxusCore.zip

Changes:

- Internal LuxCore updated to latest source.

- times out end of november.

• stringtheory9stringtheory9 Posts: 411
    edited September 2015

Does anyone know if there is there anyway to run LuxCore on a machine with no GPU? 

Post edited by stringtheory9 on
  • Does anyone know if there is there anyway to run LuxCore on a machine with no GPU? 

Yes, it works. See my previous post, I'm running on CPU only.
  • makmamakma Posts: 54

What's up? New LuxRender ready for download. New features are really impressive.

http://www.luxrender.net/wiki/New_in_1-5

Gonna have a try.

• New build

Changes:

- GlossyCoating Material.

• stringtheory9stringtheory9 Posts: 411
    edited September 2015
    Philemo said:

Does anyone know if there is there anyway to run LuxCore on a machine with no GPU? 

Yes, it works. See my previous post, I'm running on CPU only.

Good news! Thanks Philemo. 

Post edited by stringtheory9 on
  • New build

Changes:

- Removed fresnelname as it offers nothing that metal2 presets does not already provide.

- Added fresnelsopra and fresnelluxpop

- Fixed fresnelcolor to not crash

• MiloMilo Posts: 511

Sweet thanks for all the hard work SphericLabs!

• Thanks SphericLab,

great work as always, much apprecieated hard work

• I want to tackle the compatibility issues.

Whos is this working for and who is not working?

Works for me!! thank you.  Re-installed windows 10, and the latest Nvidia drivers and all is well

• JoepingletonJoepingleton Posts: 746
    edited September 2015

Worked great for me on Windows 7, Nvidia Geforce GTX 970, Carrara 8.5.1 Pro Build 17.  Here is a quick render with the latest build.

duel01a_alt.jpg
    540 x 900 - 155K
    Post edited by Joepingleton on

Hey Joe

You come up with some pretty fantastic renders using LuxuxCore.  What's the chances or getting a walk-thru on some of the results you achieve??  My renders look amateur compared to yours, so a tutorial of some sort would be cool

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738

100% agree with ProPose.   Joe is a genius, I marvel at every render he puts out.

• Does anybody have success with luxpop files ?

I have very various success. So far, it works only with copper (which is also defined as a preset, so I'm not sure), althrough I've tried with various files from luxpop.com.

Is there a particular syntax. Are the files absolute or relative to some place ?

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,024
    edited September 2015

Thanks for the updates, added the change notes to the unofficial manual here:

http://carraracafe.com/plugins/luxuscore-for-carrara-plugin-unofficial-manual-2015-02-15/

/EDIT, Added a link to the LuxMark 3.1 benchmark, useful for checking problems with graphics card drivers.

Post edited by 3drendero on
  • 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,024

If anyone has models, scenes, shaders or whatever to share for LuxusCore, please post or PM and we can share with everyone via Carraracafe.

Would be nice to have some free example scenes for LuxusCore...

• Experimenting with the latest build of  Luxuscore for Carrara.  This time I tried the genesis troll texture on a genesis female.

Thanks for the kind words.I've never written a tutorial so I am unsure where to start.  I normally just build a scene like normal,render with Luxuscore, nothing special.  The plug-in works without much tinkering. That is wha'is so incredible about Sphericlabs has created. I find myself using it as my go to renderer and don't like using any other renderers. ;)

trollop01.jpg
    540 x 885 - 174K
  • Experimenting with the latest build of  Luxuscore for Carrara.  This time I tried to light the whole scene with just the light from the control panels of the Ironstar scifi tank.  The panel surfaces have a luxcore emission of .1 applied to them, no other lights.

ironStarLuxcore01.jpg
    960 x 540 - 78K
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

haz anyone tried daz dragon 3 with this new Luxcore?