[Released] Oso Horseman HD for Genesis 8.1 Male Bundle

Finally Horseman comes galloping into the store!

The main product includes the shape and (optional) hooves, along with textures that do a convincing job at looking like horse hide.

The expansion adds a dForce Hair tail, a dForce Hair coat, and many more materials for the skin and hooves.

Finally, the Mane provides a Mohawk style dForce Hair. This works not just for Horseman, but is great for any character with big ears or horns, and also regular humans.

Comments

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,770

I am so weak = instant purchase. wink

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,886

Oh, additional note: Horseman does not use PBRSkin (mainly because I do some funky top coat effects that PBRSkin isn't equipped for). It DOES use G8.1UV.

• Could you post a picture with his body morph mixed with a bulkier body, something like Maxx in size. I am thinking of some Kamandi or even Elephantmen style scenes but with a bulky Clydesdale soldier.

I THINK I used a bit of Maxx plus a lot of muscle definition and vascularity for this:

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,807

That is brilliant and more than a little terrifying. I think I am going to see the horse-headed person in fatigues carrying an M4 (promo image 3 for the expansion set) in my nightmares.

Maxx + Horseman:

• QuasarQuasar Posts: 574

Oh crap! Now I have to get this and all the other animal people so I can do BoJack fan art. yes

• gmm2gmm2 Posts: 89

Side note, but what product is the loincloth in the first image from?

edited July 2021

How did you get a look of the fur on this image?

Post edited by Artini on
    edited July 2021

Below is my try...

Horseman02pic04.jpg
    1000 x 1200 - 393K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited July 2021

... and one more ...

Horseman03pic02.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 243K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • I am sorry for asking, but once again, no version for genesis female planned?
    edited July 2021

No, but with recent products there's a GREAT ability to create female versions of characters.

I have been really impressed by:

https://www.daz3d.com/transgender-shapes-for-genesis-8

and

https://www.daz3d.com/breast-control-for-genesis-3-and-8-males

(That's how I did the promo with the female horseman in lingerie)

Post edited by Oso3D on
  • ivansolovkovivansolovkov Posts: 21
    edited July 2021

From my experience this solution have many problems with functionality and at the end of a day result is not worth the effort. (And only that fact that is male 8.1 version make 90% of my scripts useles) Thanks for answer, anyway.

Post edited by ivansolovkov on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,114

Of COURSE I was going to do this.

Taurtaur

I wish the horseman textures more closely resembled the Horse 2/centaur textures, but then, my brain is broken in a very specific way.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,794

I was hoping someone would try it on the Centaur yes

The horseman-centaur makes me think of The Great Roe, a mythological creature invented by Woody Allen. The Great Roe had the head of a lion and the body of a lion ... but not the same lion.

Oso3D said:

The loincloth is from:

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-loincloth-collection-for-genesis-8-males

I think the poster might have been asking about the loincloth in the image at the start of this thread which, if I'm not mistaken, is from the Orelius Gladiator Outfit. It doesn't actually seem to feature in the promos for that outfit -- it's mentioned in the product list simply as "underwear" -- but it's one of the better-looking loincloths available for G8 males, in my opinion.

• jedijuddjedijudd Posts: 606

Oso3D said:

No, but with recent products there's a GREAT ability to create female versions of characters.

I have been really impressed by:

https://www.daz3d.com/transgender-shapes-for-genesis-8

and

https://www.daz3d.com/breast-control-for-genesis-3-and-8-males

(That's how I did the promo with the female horseman in lingerie)

Sorry but it is not the same, still love your horseman though 

Bytes: aaah, yes, sorry, I didn't think of that as a loincloth. But it's amazing and I use it a lot for my weird beings!

Re: centaur and horseman vs horse hide... yeah, I fiddled with that. The problem is that most existing horse textures have some gloss and other elements baked in.

When faced with trying to make a texture that worked while also trying to sync up with horse, the first goal had to be the priority.

• gmm2gmm2 Posts: 89

bytescapes said:

Oso3D said:

The loincloth is from:

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-loincloth-collection-for-genesis-8-males

I think the poster might have been asking about the loincloth in the image at the start of this thread which, if I'm not mistaken, is from the Orelius Gladiator Outfit. It doesn't actually seem to feature in the promos for that outfit -- it's mentioned in the product list simply as "underwear" -- but it's one of the better-looking loincloths available for G8 males, in my opinion.

Thank you, too! I guess I'll check out both, then.

• Sorta semi-offtopic, but that breasts control product....  upon seeing clearly masculine guys with big breasts.... the whole concept behind it just cracks me up completely. :D :D :D

edited July 2021

Turtle Power...

TurtleMix01pic01.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 264K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited July 2021

Amazing. One of my favorite things in Studio is being able to mix-and-match multiple critters to turn out a whole bestiary of different monsters. Now, is that one a hortle? Or a turse?

Post edited by bytescapes on
    edited July 2021

Thanks.

Added some reinforcements...

HorseMix01pic07.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 266K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited July 2021

More power...

HorseMix02pic04.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 402K
    Post edited by Artini on

One of the philosophies I've started applying, for anthros, is to only shape the critical areas and leave the body as untouched as possible. That way it's very easy to take the character in various directions.

Pot belly horseman? Sure. Big buff muscled horseman? Tall gangly guy? All good.