[Released] Thickener plugin [commercial]

Comments

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    edited August 2021

Grabbed mine! Hopefully we'll get our serial numbers sometime today as I have weekend plans for this plug-in.

Thanks,

Walt Sterdan

Post edited by wsterdan on
  • Reported the missing serial numbers.

• NelmiNelmi Posts: 38

Caught my eye immediately! Can the thickener plugin be used on different material zones only? For example, I want thickness to the shirt at a low value and more thickness to the collar. Is it possible?

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,337

Is the thickened product suitable for 3D printing? Can we use this plugin to prepare our item for home 3D printing instead of relying on the Game Print service?

• AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,382

Hi!

I already reported this issue to Daz. But, if you can fill a ticked, it would be helpful.

mcorr said:

this product targets owners of GESCON, but they get no discount .... NOT good.

Thickener is useful for owners of Gescon (and owners of of FLUIDOS and Parsis, by the way),  but it's a product of much more general purpose.

Nelmi said:

Caught my eye immediately! Can the thickener plugin be used on different material zones only? For example, I want thickness to the shirt at a low value and more thickness to the collar. Is it possible?

No, the thickness value is for all the object. 

Charlie Judge said:

Is the thickened product suitable for 3D printing? Can we use this plugin to prepare our item for home 3D printing instead of relying on the Game Print service?

I'm not sure because I didn't try the 3D printing. But, if you can print a close-mesh object, then you could print an object produced by the plugin.

• Ryuu@AMcCFRyuu@AMcCF Posts: 621
    edited August 2021

SWEEEETTT!! laugh

Thanks, Alvin! I bought it this morning the instant I saw it, and I know EXACTLY what I'm going to use this for--the moment the serial number issue gets resolved....

Are you familiar with the visual effect created for the old Star Trek Animated "life support field belts"?

That's what I am planning to do with these guys:

Right now, they are NOT using your thickener product. I was having to do each character's body parts piece by piece to create the effect I wanted--and as you can probably imagine, it's a mind-blowingly tedious process!

The instant the serial number shows up in my account, I'm upgrading EVERYBODY! laugh This is going to be FREAKING AWESOME!! THANKS!!!

BTW, this same project I'm doing this for is making use of another of your products:

Gescon is being used to show the sphere getting ripped appart! cheeky

00011-Bridge Scene-Dragonship Wyvern Cruiser Arrives--001.jpg
    3200 x 1800 - 5M
    00161-!!Wyvern Dragonship vs Gray Mothership=fraction of second to live.jpg
    3200 x 1800 - 3M
    Post edited by Ryuu@AMcCF on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,337

Alberto said:

Charlie Judge said:

I'm not sure because I didn't try the 3D printing. But, if you can print a close-mesh object, then you could print an object produced by the plugin.

Thanks. I supect it may work for 3D printing. The requirement is that it be a "watertight" (i.e. no gaps) closed mesh. 

• Just checked the serials on my account page and Thickener is there now.

• Awesome, this prompted me to check and yes, all good now. Thanks for this, Alberto. Can't wait to use Thickener a ton!!

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,142

YAY! Serial has arrived! Time to play!! laugh

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Time to purchase then.

I'm interested what results folks have.

I might be doing something wrong, but I'm not seeing any difference on dynamic cloth, no matter how thick I make it.

Laurie

• thd777thd777 Posts: 932
    edited August 2021

Very nice so far. Easy to use and fast. Here is one quick example. Paperthin socks transformed to something that looks quite nice and more realistc.

Ciao

TD

And after Thickener treatment

Socks thin.png
    800 x 560 - 793K
    Socks thickend.png
    800 x 560 - 767K
    Post edited by thd777 on
  • thd777thd777 Posts: 932
    edited August 2021

AllenArt said:

I might be doing something wrong, but I'm not seeing any difference on dynamic cloth, no matter how thick I make it.

Laurie

@AllenArt  Select the dynamic Thickened Object (What ever you called it) and then go to parameters and enable the mesher under "Thickener Mesher"

Ciao

TD

Post edited by thd777 on
    edited August 2021

thd777 said:

AllenArt said:

Laurie

@AllenArt  Select the dynamic Thickened Object (What ever you called it) and then go to parameters and enable the mesher under "Thickener Mesher"

Ciao

TD

Thanks! :)

Edit: Thanks a bunch! I was trying to do everything in the script window...pfft. LOL cheeky

Post edited by AllenArt on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

Those socks look awesome.  This will be handy indeed!  

Oh, I am loving this :D

Thickener.jpg
    1600 x 2880 - 4M
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,176
    AllenArt said:

That looks great!

barbult said:

AllenArt said:

That looks great!

I think the trick - for me anyway - will be to fight the urge to make it TOO thick. All it needs to look good in a lot of cases is just that really thin edge and it does look really good :). Makes all the difference with those paper-thin dforce clothes. I'll probably never use dforce without this anymore. LOL 

• AllenArt said:

barbult said:

AllenArt said:

That looks great!

I think the trick - for me anyway - will be to fight the urge to make it TOO thick. All it needs to look good in a lot of cases is just that really thin edge and it does look really good :). Makes all the difference with those paper-thin dforce clothes. I'll probably never use dforce without this anymore. LOL 

wait too thick ? who doesn't want a 1cm thick tank top ? in all seriousness though this makes me want to try a thick angora jersey or such

edited August 2021

skinklizzard said:

AllenArt said:

barbult said:

AllenArt said:

That looks great!

wait too thick ? who doesn't want a 1cm thick tank top ? in all seriousness though this makes me want to try a thick angora jersey or such

I was gonna try a thick sweater next. LOL  And by too thick, I meant too thick for the material that I'm trying to illustrate ;).

Post edited by AllenArt on
  • This dress probably didn't need the thickening so much as some of the other things I've made and I think I lost some of the bump detail with my lighting

but all in all I like how the thickiner worked on this

Thickener_test.png
    1122 x 1999 - 3M

A nice, thick fleecy poncho :)

skinklizzard: depending on the angle, it can be hard to tell if the thickener is there or not :).

Poncho.jpg
    1111 x 2000 - 1M

Charlie Judge said:

Alberto said:

Charlie Judge said:

Thanks. I supect it may work for 3D printing. The requirement is that it be a "watertight" (i.e. no gaps) closed mesh. 

Indeed, the thickened objects' mesh is watertight.

I like your thickened images! yes

Thanks to all of you for your support!

• skinklizzardskinklizzard Posts: 218
    edited August 2021

so turns out there really is a too thick

I present the furry plastic/rubber jersey

also a new character and pose because I neglected the save function and DS didn't like my fur attempts the first time round.

also of note you need to be carefull of thickening too much when geometry folds over itself, originally had the polo neck clipping through itself and I haven't done enough experimenting to know how or if I can get around that.

Next up I'm going to try thicken dforce addons to get selective garment thickening.

ThicktrashSweater.png
    2000 x 2000 - 2M
    Post edited by skinklizzard on
  • marblemarble Posts: 7,449

I'm really tempted to buy this now (and I never buy on initial release - I always wait for sales). However, I've been complaining for years about zero-thick cloth and this seems to be the answer. I too would have liked it to be selective in that different material surfaces could have different thinkness but still, I'm sorely tempted.

One further question though - would it help with poke-through. I am constanly frustrated when I seem to have dialled-out the poke through on a garment only to find that the HD surface pokes through when rendered. That wastes a lot of time.